Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,318 members, 7,819,079 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2326535 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by topaztee: 10:43am On Sep 24, 2015
people, sometimes asked unreasonable question that a common sense could answer.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 11:02am On Sep 24, 2015
richardquest:
Sorry if this sounds stupid but when applying for Tourist Visa is one expected to submit original international passport.

If you are applying on paper for a visitor visa, you need to submit your original international passport with your application. Photocopies of passport data page alone will not be accepted. You may also be expected to submit previous expired international passports (if any). However, if you are applying online for a visitor visa, your original international passport is not required at the time of application. But you are required to upload scanned copies of your passport data page, pages with existing visas and exit/entry stamps (if any).

Visit the link below for detailed information...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 26, 2015
Please House,

Apart from original passport and bank statements, is everything else to be submitted as photocopies? E.g family pictures, certificates etc?

Cos I learnt that for study permit application, only photocopies of supporting documents are being accepted now. Does this also apply for visiting visa?

Thanks guys
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by richardquest: 1:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
The problem is what if one submitts his original passport and wait forever without reply the reason is one needs to be mindful because there other valid visas on the passport thats why one should be scared of dropping original copy .........what if if the passport gets missing?
thebaft:

If you are applying on paper for a visitor visa, you need to submit your original international passport with your application. Photocopies of passport data page alone will not be accepted. You may also be expected to submit previous expired international passports (if any). However, if you are applying online for a visitor visa, your original international passport is not required at the time of application. But you are required to upload scanned copies of your passport data page, pages with existing visas and exit/entry stamps (if any).

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hopefulme: 1:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
thebaft:

Please, should the statement of purpose for visitor visa be addressed to CIC,Lagos or not addressed? Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
richardquest:
The problem is what if one submitts his original passport and wait forever without reply the reason is one needs to be mindful because there other valid visas on the passport thats why one should be scared of dropping original copy .........what if if the passport gets missing?

Applying online for a visitor visa allows you to hold on to your passport until your application is approved.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2015
hopefulme:

Please, should the statement of purpose for visitor visa be addressed to CIC,Lagos or not addressed? Thanks

I guess you can address it to CIC.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hopefulme: 5:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
thebaft:

I guess you can address it to CIC.

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkokoma: 7:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
thebaft:

Applying online for a visitor visa allows you to hold on to your passport until your application is approved.

Please be careful when making statements that may be misleading. How do you get the visa onto your passport? do you think they send it to you. Be very clear, you submit your original passport to the Visa Processing Centre and do your Biometric in person after you have submitted your online application. At least for Canadian Visit Visa which this thread is all about

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelland(f): 8:14pm On Sep 28, 2015
hopefulme:

Yes, address it to CIC Lagos

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelland(f): 8:23pm On Sep 28, 2015
bigwig10:
Pls, how long does it take now for visa processing in the Canadian embassy,the last time i checked it was something of between 10-15 working days,is it still same policy or it has changed?
Urgent response pls Gurus in the House!!!

It actually takes about 15 to 20 working days.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelland(f): 8:24pm On Sep 28, 2015
hopefulme:
Dear All,
Please can a fixed deposit certificate which will be maturing before the time of visit be used as a proof of financial support? Thank you.

I always prefer using bank statement. For Canada you need a three month bank statement

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tariy: 8:30pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hello house,
Please has anybody applied for visiting visa recently.....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelland(f): 8:31pm On Sep 28, 2015
SwitchTel:
Please what do I do when my online application was denied by high commission of Canada in Ghana and the two areas ticked on the letter are purpose of visit

And personal funds.

My mum is my sponsor and I attached all her accounts and even a letter from her saying she'd be sponsoring me. What do I now do.

It means your purpose of visit is not convincing enough

Did you include your personal bank statement, are you working, how old are you?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelland(f): 8:35pm On Sep 28, 2015
Bimbolamelo:
. Someone should pls answer my question

Your chances of getting a visa from India should be the same as it is from here, as long as you are a legal resident, present the required documents and you have enough funds for your stay, you can apply
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by romefe: 12:16am On Sep 29, 2015
I wanted to book etihab airline from Lagos to Winnipeg because is cheap but a friend is advicing not to use etihab because they stop over at Abu dhabi, there immigration have much stress, place not safe and airline sit small. Please kindly share experience about the airport and airline because as I am thinking of cost, I most also think of the safety of my family.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 2:54am On Sep 29, 2015
kkokoma:

Please be careful when making statements that may be misleading. How do you get the visa onto your passport? do you think they send it to you. Be very clear, you submit your original passport to the Visa Processing Centre and do your Biometric in person after you have submitted your online application. At least for Canadian Visit Visa which this thread is all about

Okay.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkokoma: 8:14am On Sep 29, 2015
travelland:

It actually takes about 15 to 20 working days.

On CIC website it states 56 days
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
kkokoma:

On CIC website it states 56 days
during summer, processing time takes up to 56 days or longer, but it goes down to 7-20 days during other seasons.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by igboboy3(m): 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2015
@saxywale @ifegy

Please I already have Canadian PR but I want to stay in Canada for only 18 months before going to the US. Is there any short course (max = 6 months) I can do in Canada so that I can start earning good money.
I don't want to be a general labourer or factory hand.
I have been considering plumbing and becoming a paramedic. What are the prospects? Can I finish the training and get a job? Is there any other short course that can give me a mid-tier job?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sarilo4lif: 10:12pm On Sep 29, 2015
@ romefe. I'm also on d same boat with u but I'm buying from cheaflights.com. from my view I advice u avoid d Arab countries if u can. Most airlines there are either Lufthansa or multi airline-air Canada,delta,klm or which ever is available. My 2k
Wen do u intend traveling?

romefe:
I wanted to book etihab airline from Lagos to Winnipeg because is cheap but a friend is advicing not to use etihab because they stop over at Abu dhabi, there immigration have much stress, place not safe and airline sit small. Please kindly share experience about the airport and airline because as I am thinking of cost, I most also think of the safety of my family.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by topaztee: 1:01am On Sep 30, 2015
saxywale:

during summer, processing time takes up to 56 days or longer, but it goes down to 7-20 days during other seasons.
It almost 2weeks now than I applied for TRV, did you mean processing time might be more shorter during this period to 56 days stated on cic website?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 2:48am On Sep 30, 2015
topaztee:
It almost 2weeks now than I applied for TRV, did you mean processing time might be more shorter during this period to 56 days stated on cic website?
Yes.
I applied for trv for a relative in July, and the processing took about 2 months. I applied for another relative this September and it took just about two weeks.

igboboy3:
@saxywale @ifegy

Please I already have Canadian PR but I want to stay in Canada for only 18 months before going to the US. Is there any short course (max = 6 months) I can do in Canada so that I can start earning good money.
I don't want to be a general labourer or factory hand.
I have been considering plumbing and becoming a paramedic. What are the prospects? Can I finish the training and get a job? Is there any other short course that can give me a mid-tier job?
Yes, there are lots of short course called fast track, and they do not come cheap. There is also no guarantee that you would get a job after the fast track. The economy especially in western Canada is not so good at the moment since the downturn of oil price.
Why do you want to move to the US? Although, they have a better economy, and as a PR, you would easily get a 10 years US visit visa, but you can't work with the visa. It's just a multiple entry visit visa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkokoma: 7:07am On Sep 30, 2015
topaztee:

I think its better to use CIC info as a reference when planning. Even the Canada Visa Application Centre operator, VFS Global on their website always refers specific questions about Visas to the CIC website including the time it takes for processing.

I applied for a TRV on the 10th of July, I only got a text this morning that its ready. Thats 52 days, I know some people who submitted late July and early september and nothing yet.

Its not wise to give specific advice that may cause problems to people. If someone intends to travel for an event taking place in four weeks and now uses that advise to plan, well it would probably be a total waste

I like this thread, its very informative but I always research both the CIC and the VFC websites, they have they final word I can use for planning
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkokoma: 7:10am On Sep 30, 2015
saxywale:

I think its better to use CIC info as a reference when planning. Even the Canada Visa Application Centre operator, VFS Global on their website always refers specific questions about Visas to the CIC website including the time it takes for processing.

I applied for a TRV on the 10th of July, I only got a text this morning that its ready. Thats 52 days, I know some people who submitted late July and early september and nothing yet.

Its not wise to give specific advice that may cause problems to people. If someone intends to travel for an event taking place in four weeks and now uses that advise to plan, well it would probably be a total waste

I like this thread, its very informative but I always research both the CIC and the VFC websites, they have they final word I can use for planning
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 30, 2015
kkokoma:

That's totally fine. I was only talking from experience.

Each visa application is thoroughly examined and evaluated on its own merits.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 30, 2015
kkokoma:

Thebaft is actually correct. if you apply online, you do not need to submit your passport to vfs after or before biometrics. You will receive an email on your "myCIC" account advising that your visa is ready for collection. You would be given 30days to submit your passport to CIC for visa.

I don't have an idea on how paper application works though. I have never used the paper application system.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Atigba: 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
Is it possible for foreign affair officers here in Nigeria to help someone obtain visiting visa from Canada embassy?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2015
saxywale:

Thebaft is actually correct. if you apply online, you do not need to submit your passport to vfs after or before biometrics. You will receive an email on your "myCIC" account advising that your visa is ready for collection. You would be given 30days to submit your passport to CIC for visa.

I don't have an idea on how paper application works though. I have never used the paper application system.

The first two times I applied for a visitors visa was through the paper application route. I submitted my passports with all my supporting documents at the VFS office. However, when I applied for my parents, we had to apply online. Like you mentioned, they were asked to submit their passports to VFS office when their visas were ready for collection.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by romefe: 5:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
sarilo4lif:
@ romefe. I'm also on d same boat with u but I'm buying from cheaflights.com. from my view I advice u avoid d Arab countries if u can. Most airlines there are either Lufthansa or multi airline-air Canada,delta,klm or which ever is available. My 2k
Wen do u intend traveling?

I am thinking of November but if I have to use other airline that cost about 4000$ for me and family then I have to go back to work which will make my movement next year.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by igboboy3(m): 7:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
saxywale:

@saxywale @ifegy

Yes, there are lots of short course called fast track, and they do not come cheap. There is also no guarantee that you would get a job after the fast track. The economy especially in western Canada is not so good at the moment since the downturn of oil price.
Why do you want to move to the US? Although, they have a better economy, and as a PR, you would easily get a 10 years US visit visa, but you can't work with the visa. It's just a multiple entry visit visa.

Yes. Thanks. (Un)fortunately I'm a doctor and I understand it is very difficult for foreign trained medical graduates to obtain residency training positons in Canada. That's why I want to go to the US; however I don't want to lose my PR status. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: wencius4u, emmy6k(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.