Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2332021 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (1106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Poetchi: 9:09am On Sep 11, 2015
Much appreciated Justwise. I would exempt him from our application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 9:26am On Sep 11, 2015
Poetchi:
Much appreciated Justwise. I would exempt him from our application.

No worries.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by greeners222(m): 10:37am On Sep 11, 2015
@Justwise please I need your response on this matter. Is it a must I have a Valid US visa on passport before I can convince the VO on this Canadian Visa cos it seems most people give has this US Visa of a thing. Please response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 10:40am On Sep 11, 2015
greeners222:
@Justwise please I need your response on this matter. Is it a must I have a Valid US visa on passport before I can convince the VO on this Canadian Visa cos it seems most people give has this US Visa of a thing. Please response

No it's not, many got Canadian visa without having US visa on their passports

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by greeners222(m): 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
Your d best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by romefe: 12:24am On Sep 15, 2015
Please advice bc I will be relocating to Manitoba since my family is issue PR. I was told Nigeria certificate is out so I don't know what job I can do. I have certificate in marine but no sea in Winnipeg and I also have a bsc in agriculture while my wife hold a bsc in biochemistry. I am thinking of trade but I don't have idea of the best. Pls help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:38am On Sep 15, 2015
romefe:
Please advice bc I will be relocating to Manitoba since my family is issue PR. I was told Nigeria certificate is out so I don't know what job I can do. I have certificate in marine but no sea in Winnipeg and I also have a bsc in agriculture while my wife hold a bsc in biochemistry. I am thinking of trade but I don't have idea of the best. Pls help
Manitoba is an agricultural province. But you might want to check if your profession is regulated. If it's regulated, then you would need to study hard and sit for tough exams. There aren't much Canadians in regulated professions with the exception of trades, so regulated professions are always in demand.

If it's not regulated, then you just have to pray that companies you apply to, recognize a third world certificate and experience. In most cases, they would not recognize it. Canadians employers are sometimes discriminatory towards certificates issued in a different province from theirs, so you can imagine how qualifications from some other country would be treated.

Trades pay well in Canada and they are regulated too, usually involves logging hours and attending college or polytechnic as part of the training which could take between 3-4 years to complete depending on the trade. The problem with getting into apprenticeship is that you would need an employer to sign you on as a year 1 apprentice. It's the employer that recommends you to the government/trade school.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tariy: 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Please how long does application takes in the embassy now for visiting visas......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hopefulme: 3:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dear All,
Please can a fixed deposit certificate which will be maturing before the time of visit be used as a proof of financial support? Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bimbolamelo: 4:28am On Sep 16, 2015
Hello nairalanders,I'm a Nigerian currently studying in India and I want to visit my cousin in Canada,what are my chances of getting the visa from here?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by romefe: 10:37am On Sep 16, 2015
@saxywale Thanks a lot. I have done some findings that I need to register with MIA because is a regulated profession. But for me to continue I most fill in a Canada address, meaning I can't start the process till I arrive. But I am on able to get any info for my wife who study Biochemistry but work with insurance company. If any info please share.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fredtee(m): 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
tariy:
Please how long does application takes in the embassy now for visiting visas......

date of application: 31st July 2015
Biometric: 31st July 2015

Passport ready for collection: 16th September 2015

I got the passport back today with 3 years multiple visa. I guess it was given till when my passport expires.
all the best.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tariy: 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2015
fredtee:

I got the passport back today with 3 years multiple visa. I guess it was given till when my passport expires.
all the best.
Oh ok thanks for the response, please what documents did you submit and is this your first time applying......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hopefulme: 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2015
fredtee:

all the best.

Please did you use paper or online route
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fredtee(m): 4:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
tariy:

Oh ok thanks for the response, please what documents did you submit and is this your first time applying......

It is renewal. the document submitted are basically account statement, flight itinerary, hotel booking, letter from employer, resume, and my certificates

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fredtee(m): 4:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
hopefulme:

Please did you use paper or online route

Paper submission
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigwig10(m): 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2015
Pls, how long does it take now for visa processing in the Canadian embassy,the last time i checked it was something of between 10-15 working days,is it still same policy or it has changed?
Urgent response pls Gurus in the House!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 17, 2015
romefe:
@saxywale Thanks a lot. I have done some findings that I need to register with MIA because is a regulated profession. But for me to continue I most fill in a Canada address, meaning I can't start the process till I arrive. But I am on able to get any info for my wife who study Biochemistry but work with insurance company. If any info please share.
It's a good thing you are coming to Manitoba. It's a great province to start life in Canada. Yes you can't do much until you land. Regarding your wife, canada places a lot of importance to job experience, if she really knows her stuff she can get an entry level job in insurance right away although entry level jobs in insurance is commission based. I'd she is not able to get a job, she has to be open to retraining. In the meantime there are a lot of survival jobs like factory work, health care support and cashier jobs. However they are only survival jobs till you can go back to practicing your profession. Also I will advice you to register at Manitoba start, they have a lot of programs for newcomers. They will help with CV writing, interview preparations and you will be assigned a career coach. Please forgive my errors. Good luck to both of you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 8:49am On Sep 18, 2015
honey86:

It's a good thing you are coming to Manitoba. It's a great province to start life in Canada. Yes you can't do much until you land. Regarding your wife, canada places a lot of importance to job experience, if she really knows her stuff she can get an entry level job in insurance right away although entry level jobs in insurance is commission based. I'd she is not able to get a job, she has to be open to retraining. In the meantime there are a lot of survival jobs like factory work, health care support and cashier jobs. However they are only survival jobs till you can go back to practicing your profession. Also I will advice you to register at Manitoba start, they have a lot of programs for newcomers. They will help with CV writing, interview preparations and you will be assigned a career coach. Please forgive my errors. Good luck to both of you.
God bless you for this post.I'd been long waiting for such great informations about Manitoba, please can you tell us about an avoidable accommodation for newcomers.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bimbolamelo: 11:24am On Sep 20, 2015
Bimbolamelo:
Hello nairalanders,I'm a Nigerian currently studying in India and I want to visit my cousin in Canada,what are my chances of getting the visa from here?
. Someone should pls answer my question
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by richardquest: 9:59am On Sep 21, 2015
Hello all
Does canada stamp passport for refusal?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by temitopede: 8:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
i was refused Canada visit visa today based on this}

travel history
purpose of visit
family ties in canada and in country of residence.

please any information as regards how to go about this? cos i plan re-applying on monday
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ritze(m): 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
richardquest:
Hello all Does canada stamp passport for refusal?
No, they don't
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tariy: 10:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
temitopede:
i was refused Canada visit visa today based on this}

travel history
purpose of visit
family ties in canada and in country of residence.

please any information as regards how to go about this? cos i plan re-applying on monday
When did you submit and list of documents you did submit....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by arro: 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
Please I really need help about this issue,I just got an invitation from a friend from secondary school,his married and I am too, but I don't know how much will I need in my account to apply for visit visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pis123: 10:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
Need help frm the house. Was refused visit visa 2 meet my husband who is a full time student ,so i jst Applied for owp nd got a biometric dat same minute,shuld i go immediately for it or i shuld wait 4some time?and how many weeks wil i wait 2b called 4 medicals (online app)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by temitopede: 11:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
tariy:

When did you submit and list of documents you did submit....
I submitted on 5th of August 2015. Through paper route

Document submitted are

*Application form
*Family information
*My student letter
*Payment receipt for fees(fully paid)
*Hotel reservation
*Flight reservation
*Cyprus residence permit page(2yrs)
*Turkey visa page
*Taxi booking
*Notary of sponsorship
*Sponsor passport data page
*Sponsor visa
*Sponsor statement
*Letter from sponsor stating relentionship and amount sponsoring me with.
*assest of sponsor
Family tree showing relentionship with sponsor
*utility bills
*school semester result
*places of where I will b visiting with distance from hotel
*letter of explanation
*school id card

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SwitchTel(m): 7:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
Please what do I do when my online application was denied by high commission of Canada in Ghana and the two areas ticked on the letter are purpose of visit

And personal funds.

My mum is my sponsor and I attached all her accounts and even a letter from her saying she'd be sponsoring me. What do I now do.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by richardquest: 12:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
Sorry if this sounds stupid but when applying for Tourist Visa is one expected to submit original international passport.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkokoma: 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
richardquest:
Sorry if this sounds stupid but when applying for Tourist Visa is one expected to submit original international passport.

No, always submit a fake one!

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lotalways: 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
kkokoma:

No, always submit a fake one!

@ kkokoma why naaaaaa grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jpride(m): 12:51am On Sep 24, 2015
hahahahahahahahhah
Dat question funny shall

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (1106) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.