Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2336294 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (1108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by wayinoma: 2:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
justwise:

You need to follow the person first before sending pm

Ok
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by wayinoma: 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2016
justwise:

You need to follow the person first before sending pm

Oga justwise pls biko let me post the SOP here, I have received soo many mails I can not reply them all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 4:19pm On Apr 15, 2016
wayinoma:

Oga justwise pls biko let me post the SOP here, I have received soo many mails I can not reply them all.

Ok but remove all personal details or summarize it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by realshel: 11:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
wayinoma:

Oga justwise don give u go ahead to post it on here but don't include your personal details
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Goziehits(m): 6:37am On Apr 16, 2016
smiley
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 7:09am On Apr 16, 2016
Goziehits:
Hi everyone. I will be visiting Calgary for a week-long conference (in June) and I will be very happy to meet some helpful people.
I have lived in Denmark for over two years (currently living there on post-masters residence permit), I have also visited the UK and the US (still have a valid visa) in the past.

As I am interested in settling in Canada because I have a greater chance of finding a job in my field (Geology) or related, I will need some help on possible ways of making this possible (legally). I am aware of the federal skilled immigration program and I am working on it; will be sitting for IELTS and I have already had my Degrees (Bachelor and Masters) accessed by WES. However, I want to consider other options (like Marriage wink). I have a valid 2 years Canadian TRV that expires next year.

Thank you in advance!

Post this in Romance section then

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 8:18pm On Apr 16, 2016
Goziehits:
Hi everyone. I will be visiting Calgary for a week-long conference (in June) and I will be very happy to meet some helpful people.
I have lived in Denmark for over two years (currently living there on post-masters residence permit), I have also visited the UK and the US (still have a valid visa) in the past.

As I am interested in settling in Canada because I have a greater chance of finding a job in my field (Geology) or related, I will need some help on possible ways of making this possible (legally). I am aware of the federal skilled immigration program and I am working on it; will be sitting for IELTS and I have already had my Degrees (Bachelor and Masters) accessed by WES. However, I want to consider other options. I have a valid 2 years Canadian TRV that expires next year.

Thank you in advance!

I've heard of people that were able to change to work permit in Canada from visit visa. You need a good lawyer to be able to do that. Another option is to marry a Canadian citizen. Those are the only options I know.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maternal: 11:50pm On Apr 16, 2016
Goziehits:

As I am interested in settling in Canada because I have a greater chance of finding a job in my field (Geology) or related, I will need some help on possible ways of making this possible (legally). I am aware of the federal skilled immigration program and I am working on it; will be sitting for IELTS and I have already had my Degrees (Bachelor and Masters) accessed by WES. However, I want to consider other options. I have a valid 2 years Canadian TRV that expires next year.

Thank you in advance!

I can't answer your questions but I have a cousin and family friend who were in your shoes. I'm assuming your B.A/Masters are from Denmark ? If so go back to Denmark and apply for the skilled worker program. It should take like a year max with no issues. And you'll come into Canada as a permanent resident (PR) with full rights as a citizen except for voting. And obviously a citizens citizenship cannot be taken away. DO NOT TAKE SHORT CUTS. My cousin just landed in Canada like 2 weeks ago under the skilled worker program. He got his masters and was living in the UK. It's well worth it.

My family friend is a geologists in northern Alberta but lives in Calgary. He just bought a house there. He was an international student in Canada, graduated, got a 3 year working visa then eventually PR. He was making around 100k per year when oil prices were high, now he makes around 80k per year. Very good money in that field and I think Canada is looking for people with that skill. Come in as a skilled worker, you won't regret it.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maternal: 11:52pm On Apr 16, 2016
Cala:

I've heard of people that were able to change to work permit in Canada from visit visa. You need a good lawyer to be able to do that. Another option is to marry a Canadian citizen. Those are the only options I know.

It's impossible to come in as a visitor then get a work permit. The Canadian government is not stupid and they've seen it all. Nothing is new to them and one will get deported if he/she trys them. Always come legally if you can.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kife(m): 7:16am On Apr 17, 2016
maternal:

I can't answer your questions but I have a cousin and family friend who were in your shoes. I'm assuming your B.A/Masters are from Denmark ? If so go back to Denmark and apply for the skilled worker program. It should take like a year max with no issues. And you'll come into Canada as a permanent resident (PR) with full rights as a citizen except for voting. And obviously a citizens citizenship cannot be taken away. DO NOT TAKE SHORT CUTS. My cousin just landed in Canada like 2 weeks ago under the skilled worker program. He got his masters and was living in the UK. It's well worth it.

My family friend is a geologists in northern Alberta but lives in Calgary. He just bought a house there. He was an international student in Canada, graduated, got a 3 year working visa then eventually PR. He was making around 100k per year when oil prices were high, now he makes around 80k per year. Very good money in that field and I think Canada is looking for people with that skill. Come in as a skilled worker, you won't regret it.

I love the encouragement.
One begins to wonder what then is the fate of Economics major? Cos it's d sci Lords I get to hear about all the time

Hope they too can earn this 80k, 100k that sounds like blood money to me
Thanks for the anticipated response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Goziehits(m): 11:08am On Apr 17, 2016
smiley
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Goziehits(m): 11:24am On Apr 17, 2016
Thank you Cala. As maternal pointed out, I think its possible to change to work permit where one is made an offer of employment. It will be suspicious to go with your options on my first visit. One have to be really careful.

Cala:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2016
Goziehits:
Thank you Cala. As maternal pointed out, I think its possible to change to work permit where one is made an offer of employment. It will be suspicious to go with your options on my first visit. One have to be really careful.

As I said before , you need a lawyer that knows about it to be able to do it. Canada is flexible so it can be done. I have visited Canada 3 times so I know what am saying. However you have to be very desperate to take my advise. If not just be patient and follow the express entry route so you can have rest of mind.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maternal: 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
kife:

I love the encouragement.
One begins to wonder what then is the fate of Economics major? Cos it's d sci Lords I get to hear about all the time

Hope they too can earn this 80k, 100k that sounds like blood money to me
Thanks for the anticipated response.

Hello,

I have no idea to be honest. I know my friend makes around 70k working with the federal government here. But I'd apply for the skilled worker program if you can, then come here. You can always change profession and you'd qualify for gov't loans if you can't afford to pay for your school fees. These are the occupations they're looking for, perhaps you can try to fit economics into one of these job categories. See number 191 on that list. Remember, your degree/qualifications will most likely not be recognized in Canada. So do your research before thinking about coming here.

http://www.immigration.ca/en/fast-track-high-demand-occupations.html#Occupation

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maternal: 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2016
Goziehits:
Thank you maternal, I sincerely appreciate your response and advice.

Yes my masters was earned in Denmark. I am preparing to take IELTS in early June so I can apply for the skilled worker program.

Its nice to know that there are great opportunities for Geologists in Calgary.

Thanks again

Np. Just remember to inquire if your Europe degree will be recognized here. If not, find out how long and how much it'd cost to get it recognized here. Please do your full research before trying to come here so you're not caught by surprised. My friend got his degree in Canada so he had no issues.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maternal: 5:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
Cala:

As I said before , you need a lawyer that knows about it to be able to do it. Canada is flexible so it can be done. I have visited Canada 3 times so I know what am saying. However you have to be very desperate to take my advise. If not just be patient and follow the express entry route so you can have rest of mind.

You don't know anything. I live in Canada and I'm a citizen. These western countries have laws which are respected and followed. All these lawyers will do is just give one false hope so they can continue paying them. They're crooks. I've seen American citizens be denied work permits while visiting Canada. You think they'll even listen to a Nigerian ? Maybe if one claims refugee, they can get a temp work visa. But that's rare and an extreme case.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
@ maternal....I will advise you quickly remove the first two sentences in your reply...

You won't be able to handle it when nairaland folks jump on your matter...

Even the guy who talked about a cover letter was bombarded with mails...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Goziehits(m): 8:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
Thank you. Since I will be visiting in June for a geoscience conference, I will use the opportunity to network and find out more.

maternal:

Np. Just remember to inquire if your Europe degree will be recognized here. If not, find out how long and how much it'd cost to get it recognized here. Please do your full research before trying to come here so you're not caught by surprised. My friend got his degree in Canada so he had no issues.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Goziehits(m): 8:30pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ok. thank you Cala.
Cala:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kife(m): 10:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
maternal:

Hello,

I have no idea to be honest. I know my friend makes around 70k working with the federal government here. But I'd apply for the skilled worker program if you can, then come here. You can always change profession and you'd qualify for gov't loans if you can't afford to pay for your school fees. These are the occupations they're looking for, perhaps you can try to fit economics into one of these job categories. See number 191 on that list. Remember, your degree/qualifications will most likely not be recognized in Canada. So do your research before thinking about coming here.

http://www.immigration.ca/en/fast-track-high-demand-occupations.html#Occupation

Thanks alot.
An Msc from a Canadian university most likely gives me the recognition a Nigerian cert lacks.
I intend to use the study visa route, then work for a PR given the available routes that minimize cost and maximizes my chances at the shortest possible time.

Thanks once again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paradisewoods: 9:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
Hi everyone, pls do I need a yellow card while travelling on a visit to Canada from Nigeria This is not my first time going to Canada but my first time going from Nigeria that's why I'm asking . Thank you very much for your anticipated response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
paradisewoods:
Hi everyone, pls do I need a yellow card while travelling on a visit to Canada from Nigeria This is not my first time going to Canada but my first time going from Nigeria that's why I'm asking . Thank you very much for your anticipated response.

You don't need it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kenkay: 12:47am On Apr 19, 2016
Please how can one regularise tourist visa?I have travelled and come back,but I wish to go and live in Canada legally.Pls advise. thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by guttentag(m): 12:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
hello house
I did my biometric test early February this year but still have no news from the vfs office.
What should I do please?

Help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 4:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
Almost 70 days for processing...na wah for this people o.
I hope it will not become a calendar year very soon.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by guddylover(m): 3:13am On Apr 21, 2016
Just to chip in...I live in Canada and I am graduating from Uni here in Canada so I invited my mother, sister, and brother-in-law to attend my graduation ceremony. They all got their visas (5 years multiple). They submitted on Feb 22 and they got the visa on April 19th.I hope you all get a good news soon. It's always a waiting game with CIC

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 5:48am On Apr 21, 2016
I'm praying serioulsy that CIC should respond to me on time. my wife applied in early march via online to visit me and we've not heard anything since then except for the biometric update. its over a month now which is so unusual... I got mine in less than a month. she has been here twice before and have also been to 5 other countries. So, its more like renewal for her but with purpose to visit her husband now... she has a good work athome and we don't have children yet. I really don't understand why CIC is delaying online application this time....The documents submitted looks perfect on self evaluation... They should please answer ontime o and let us enjoy our marriage abeg!!! Tired of this waiting Game!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by guddylover(m): 6:26am On Apr 21, 2016
Don't be discouraged.The only thing I kind of see from my experience is the purpose of visit. They kind of see it as since she has a husband or boyfriend here she would want to stay in Canada, but just like, be hopeful

iammartinzo:
I'm praying serioulsy that CIC should respond to me on time. my wife applied in early march via online to visit me and we've not heard anything since then except for the biometric update. its over a month now which is so unusual... I got mine in less than a month. she has been here twice before and have also been to 5 other countries. So, its more like renewal for her but with purpose to visit her husband now... she has a good work athome and we don't have children yet. I really don't understand why CIC is delaying online application this time....The documents submitted looks perfect on self evaluation... They should please answer ontime o and let us enjoy our marriage abeg!!! Tired of this waiting Game!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iammartinzo(m): 6:30am On Apr 21, 2016
guddylover:
Don't be discouraged.The only thing I kind of see from my experience is the purpose of visit. They kind of see it as since she has a husband or boyfriend here she would want to stay in Canada, but just like, be hopeful

Yeah!!! Thanks for your response. I kinda make a strong justification for the fact that we just got married when I left Naija and she has a good paying job also backhome....They shld just be rational and respond ontime.... I am very positive, Optimistic and I am praying seriously. Thanks and God will perfect it all IJN

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by theforce(m): 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
No you don't need it.

You are however advised you have one. It costs just N1,000 at the port health near the Airport and it would take you just 30mins or less.

paradisewoods:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by guttentag(m): 6:25pm On Apr 26, 2016
bodejohn:
Almost 70 days for processing...na wah for this people o.
I hope it will not become a calendar year very soon.

Hello bodejohn, any luck from the CIC because we are both in the same waiting list
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 6:39pm On Apr 26, 2016
guttentag:

Hello bodejohn, any luck from the CIC because we are both in the same waiting list

I'm just 47days gone today...
Like 20 days remaining...
My travel is not until August though...

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (1108) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: mobenjackson(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.