Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2324347 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bass450: 1:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hello people, i have just received a message from VFS, saying your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa office and is ready for collection.. Only God can tell my destiny... Will be back to share the news...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by andre99(m): 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
Bass450:
Hello people, i have just received a message from VFS, saying your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa office and is ready for collection.. Only God can tell my destiny... Will be back to share the news...
Success is yours. Was it processed in Ghana or right here in Nigeria?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Boozerati: 3:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
Bass450:
Good luck man. It means mine will soon be ready since i submitted a few days after you. hurry back with good news
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paradisewoods: 2:59am On Mar 15, 2016
Hi everyone, I have a visitors visa which I use in visiting my wife in canada. Please I will like to change this visitors visa into spouse visa so that I can stay longer and be able to work. Please how can I go about it.
Note: I have got the visitors visa before marrying her.

Thank you very much
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 7:11am On Mar 15, 2016
paradisewoods:
Hi everyone, I have a visitors visa which I use in visiting my wife in canada. Please I will like to change this visitors visa into spouse visa so that I can stay longer and be able to work. Please how can I go about it.
Note: I have got the visitors visa before marrying her.

Thank you very much

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-12-11.asp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by andre99(m): 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
@Bass450, any luck?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Boozerati: 8:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
andre99:
@Bass450, any luck?
Seems bass450 didn't get it. That's a huge morale killer for me mehn
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
Boozerati:

Seems bass450 didn't get it. That's a huge morale killer for me mehn

It's 68 days today and I haven't gotten any update. So crazy.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Boozerati: 10:42pm On Mar 15, 2016
Cala:

You are gradually getting to one quarter of a year. Hopefully you went through the online route so your passport is not imprisoned.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seanemmason(m): 10:43pm On Mar 15, 2016
aceblaizer:
from my experience its going try school be de best(you ain't paying tuition) get admission equals visa then defer and work
@aceblaizer I'm new on nairaland and I'm moved by all the information I'm getting here. You said something bout not paying tuition fee to get. Admission into Canada school pls how possible is that I'm a pure novice pls enlighten me, I wish traveling to Canada for my masters program thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 1:50am On Mar 16, 2016
Cala:

My advise for new applicants: DO NOT apply online for visit visa cos officer assessing them are incompetent.. If I can be denied any1 can be refused.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Boozerati: 9:33am On Mar 16, 2016
nam16:

My advise for new applicants: DO NOT apply online for visit visa cos officer assessing them are incompetent.. If I can be denied any1 can be refused.
@nam16 which lame reason did they refuse you with?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 16, 2016
seanemmason:
@aceblaizer I'm new on nairaland and I'm moved by all the information I'm getting here. You said something bout not paying tuition fee to get. Admission into Canada school pls how possible is that I'm a pure novice pls enlighten me, I wish traveling to Canada for my masters program thanks
yes you can get the admissioj letter and even your visa. the vo might request for deposit but you can convince the vo by showing your statemnt of acct with enough money in it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 1:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
At last! Got my visa today for me and my wife after 69 days of painfully waiting. It's a renewal and they gave us till 2019 that's when our passports will expire. Thank God!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by andre99(m): 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2016
Cala:
At last! Got my visa today for me and my wife after 69 days of painfully waiting. It's a renewal and they gave us till 2019 that's when our passports will expire. Thank God!
Congrats, i tap from your blessing, did you get any approval mail prior before going to get your visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2016
andre99:

Congrats, i tap from your blessing, did you get any approval mail prior before going to get your visa?

We did paper application so we din't get
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by guttentag(m): 3:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
Bass450:

Please when did you apply?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 6:25pm On Mar 16, 2016
Family ties in Canada and nigeria of whch am sponsoring my wife in school over there and my daughter is also here....
Boozerati:

@nam16 which lame reason did they refuse you with?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Boozerati: 7:10pm On Mar 16, 2016
nam16:
Family ties in Canada and nigeria of whch am sponsoring my wife in school over there and my daughter is also here....
In that case I'm finished. No point waiting for them, don't even have a tie at all talkless of a strong one.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 7:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
kkokoma:

I would prefer to post everything on this thread, that way anybody else will be able to access it. Please see below.

In addition i wrote a very succinct Letter of Purpose, referencing the table of content attached and explaining all salient issues

1. Application for Temporary Resident Visa ( IMM5252) – Completed and signed
2. Family Information (MM5646) – Completed and signed
3. Schedule 1 - Application for Temporary Resident Visa ( IMM5257)
4. Introductory/Cover Letter
5. Letter of Invitation (From my Brother and his wife in Canada)
6. Current Passport
7. Marriage Certificate
8. Birth Certificate (My son)
9. Flight Reservation
10. Pictures of Myself and family
11. Copy of recent Schengen Visa, UAE Visa and Entry/Exit Stamps
12. Old Passport with Visas, Study Resident Permit Stamp and Entry/Exit Stamps
13. Used Boarding Passes from recent foreign holiday trip with my family
14. Pictures of me and my family during our foreign holiday trip
15. Receipts and proof of payment from recent foreign holiday trip
16. Bank Statement of Account – First Bank
17. Bank Statement of Account - Ecobank
18. Introduction Letter from Employer
19. Copy of Staff ID Card and Complimentary Card
20. Pay Slip
21. Tenancy Agreement (Where I am the Landlord)
22. Building Approval (for my now completed house)
23. Land Purchase and Deed of Transfer (for my completed house
24. Pictures of my house building stages to completion
If someone apply online will embassy call for passport in case the visa is approved

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
Well, they can suprisingly give you..but my case goes those: my wife invited me. I have #1.5m in GTB , #800k in diamond and working where no1 can think of leaving for Canada.. I have travelled all over except Canada, China and Australia. So I am confident the accra vo must be high cos he also stated that I don't have sufficient funds like the vo has half of what I got inbhis bank account.. They will enjoy me when I reapply.. Wish all the best..
Boozerati:

In that case I'm finished. No point waiting for them, don't even have a tie at all talkless of a strong one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by beyus2003: 10:22pm On Mar 16, 2016
It is not funny I have applied for Cala 2 time b4 I was refused with my family I have been to USA, Germany, holland UK, Dubai, southafrica, turkey, Poland and Spain, my family has the same visa with me I still have a valid 1 year Germany visa and i just renew my USA visa they refuse me that they are not satisfied that I will return back to my country. I just reapply again January 28 this years to see what the outcome will be still waiting to hear from them
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 6:06am On Mar 17, 2016
beyus2003:
It is not funny I have applied for Cala 2 time b4 I was refused with my family I have been to USA, Germany, holland UK, Dubai, southafrica, turkey, Poland and Spain, my family has the same visa with me I still have a valid 1 year Germany visa and i just renew my USA visa they refuse me that they are not satisfied that I will return back to my country. I just reapply again January 28 this years to see what the outcome will be still waiting to hear from them

It is always advisable to be patient and apply for your gcms notes pertaining to your application file before you reapply for a TRV. From my experience, the comments on your gcms notes details the exact reason why the refusal was given. The refusal letter is just a template that does not reflect the true story i.e. Application not credible, travel history etc. Unfortunately, the process of obtaining your gcms notes could take from 45 to 60 days. However, it will strengthen your application as you now be able to address the visa officer's concerns.

For example, some years back, my wife applied for a Canadian student visa and was denied with the reason of application not credible. Of course, we were sad and wanted to reapply immediately. However, we took a friend's advice to request for the gcms notes to her application. On receipt of the notes, we realized that the visa officer was concerned about who would take care of our daughters, both under 5 while she was studying. We were shocked! But it was to nice to know that a lovely and caring visa officer loved my children so much that their welfare was a valid reason to deny their mother a visa. We did not bother reapplying and went through the FSWP route instead. Cheers!

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by azeezkemi45: 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
good day, please as an undergraduate student is possible for you to work outside the school premises and can the money you work for outside the school premises be enough to pay your tuition fees, i mean in Canada. am talk about the sum 12000CAD.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Made123: 11:02pm On Mar 17, 2016
Hello guys, please I need some sort of help. I just received a mail from an Educational Consultant of Centennial College stating that my offer letter has been sent to Elmos International, an immigration consulting agent that is connected with the college. Now the agent has refused to send me my offer letter. He wants to make me go through their link by all means and I don't want to. Please is there are advantage of working with an Canadian based agent from Nigeria.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
azeezkemi45:
good day, please as an undergraduate student is possible for you to work outside the school premises and can the money you work for outside the school premises be enough to pay your tuition fees, i mean in Canada. am talk about the sum 12000CAD.
Working while studying can be stressful especially if you are in a program that has a heavy course load. A good example of this type of program is Engineering. Engineering programs tend to easily pile up lengthy projects, assignments and tutorials for the student outside the normal lecture slot. This situation requires extra study time in some cases, leaving the student with very little time for part time work.
Hence, time is of essence for an international student who intends to work and fund his/her tuition in Canada. For the 20 hrs/week cap required for work during the regular study session (Sept. - April) by the immigration, it is simply not enough hours to make enough money to fund your tuition.
Working and paying your international differential fees will require full-time work during the regular study session. You will not only be breaking the 20 hrs / week cap set for part-time work but you will also be undermining the main reason you are in Canada which is to study.
If you exceed the part time hours required, you could be spending more time working than studying, which can affect your grades. Remember poor grades can lead to disciplinary action from your faculty; academic probation, suspension and dismissal.
If you are dismissed from your school and unable to register in another program or school you will not only have a hard time explaining to the Canadian Border Security Agency (CBSA) why you are not in school, but will also be putting extra time on your study permit. Academic suspensions can take up to a year before you are allowed to return to your program. Academic dismissals just means you are indefinitely suspended from studying in your program.
Is it really worth it spending more time working to fund your tuition? Think about it.
Lets discuss the differential tuition, the wage from part time work and monthly expenses in the regular school year for an undergraduate international student.
The table below is a summary of the undergraduate international student rate (per course) taken from the University of Manitoba website. See full table here .
Lets say an international student named 'John' is taking Engineering at the University of Manitoba. According to the immigration (CIC), John must maintain a full time study during the regular session (Sept. - April).
During my undergrad years, a full time study at the University of Manitoba was considered 9 credit hours (3 courses minimum) and above. Most courses in Engineering are 3 credit units and above.
That means, at any point in time, John cannot take less than 3 courses.
In addition, for a program like Engineering, John needs to take more than 3 courses to be able to graduate in 4 - 5 years. The faculty of Engineering require that you must complete your degree in less than 7 years. But who wants to spend 7 years in school. John will need to take 5 courses per semester to be able to graduate within 4 - 5 years, assuming he doesn't fail any of the courses.
Based on the table above, if John takes 3 courses (all 3 credit hours) per semester he pays
$1240.65 x 3 courses = $ 3721.95
Remember with this option he won't be able to complete his program within the time frame of
4 - 5 years.
However, If John wants to graduate on time (4 - 5 years), he needs to take at least 5 courses
( all 3 credit hours) per semester which means he pays $1240.65 x 5 courses = $ 6203.25.
Keep in mind that, any time John takes a 6 credit hour course his tuition goes up. See table above for 6 credit hour rate for Engineering.
By the way, this calculation can be made for other courses in the table. I am just using Engineering as an example.
Also note that, not included in this tuition amount are other fees like technology fee, laboratory fee, student union fees etc.
Working is the only means John plans to fund his tuition, so lets examine how much money he can make through part-time work and full time work. By the way, a job is never guaranteed.
Part-time work
John works as a salesman in a fancy electronic store for $13 / hr for 20 hrs / week (Remember the immigration requires 20 hrs / week for work, during the regular school year). $13 / hr is a very good pay rate for a student part time job by the way, but lets just assume John is very lucky.
John makes: $13 x 20 hrs = $260 / week before taxes and say $200 / week after taxes.
( tax calculation is a rough guess here)
In a month John, makes $200 x 4 weeks = $800
And, $800 x 4 months (one semester ) = $3200
Full-time work
Same as part-time work except the number of hours is now 40 hrs / week (full time as recommended by the immigration) from May - August (summer months).
John makes: $13 x 40 hrs = $520 / week before taxes and say $400 / week after taxes.
In a month John, makes $400 x 4 weeks
= $1600
And, $1600 x 4 months (summer months ) = $6400
John's Monthly Expenses
Room in a house - $400
Food - $150
Phone bill - $80
Bus pass - $70
School Supplies - $50 (could go higher if textbooks are included)
Miscellaneous - $50 (depends on individual life style)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total - $800
Monthly expenses for 4 months = $800 x 4 = $3200
Summary for one semester (Sept. - Dec. Or Jan. - April)
Tuition - $3721.95 (3 courses) Or $6203.25 (5 courses)
Work Income - $3200
Monthly Expenses - $3200
As you can see John's work income = his monthly expenses. *** Myth Busted***
John is still left with a bill of $3721.95 (3 courses) Or $6203.25 (5 courses) and therefore cannot continue until he pays up.
Summary for the summer months (May - August )
Tuition - $0 (Assuming John doesn't take any classes in the summer months)
Work Income - $6400
Monthly Expenses - $3200
John saves $6400 - $3200 = $3200
John's $3200 is not enough to pay for his tuition when he returns to school in September. He is still left with a bill of: $3721.95 - $3200 = $521.95 Or $6203.25 - $3200 = $3003.25

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 19, 2016
Also, pass mark is set high in Canada. The passing grade at my nephew's school is 65%. Anything below that is a failing grade. Hence, he can't even afford to work part-time cos of the fear of failure.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cannyfxtransfer: 6:01pm On Mar 20, 2016
You returned to Nigeria because you are lucky to have something doing there, not like am encouraging people not to go back to Nigeria after their visit but there are so many ways to regularize visitors visa in Canada legally.

Please throw more light on this, wanna regularize mine. My brother is a citizen.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 1koboko: 11:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
Been vacationing in Canada. The cold is something else. No wahala at point of entry. The guy just asked me what I was coming to Canada for? How long I was going to stay and if it was my first time to which I said yes and he just stamped and told me to enjoy my stay. I went enroute Paris. The trip from Nigeria to Paris was killing as I was very sick on d plane. The seats (Air France) was very narrow and the vibration of d plane was non stop till Paris. Men, Canada far well well ooh. It is a beautiful place sha. Any good news yet?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifegy: 12:37am On Mar 22, 2016
cannyfxtransfer:

Please throw more light on this, wanna regularize mine. My brother is a citizen.

So many things you can do: Talk to your brother. Go to the CIC website and get the information you need to immigrate legally-- cic.gc.ca. Check the Canadian immigration thread here on nairaland: https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Just don't waste your time, money and life coming in on a visitor visa and trying to stay that way.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 7:12am On Mar 22, 2016
cannyfxtransfer:

The fastest way is to marry a citizen if you're still single. You can also talk to a good lawyer to help you get a work permit. These are the only 2 ways I know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: olawumi2005(m), our9ja, wencius4u and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.