Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2322094 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by misterbd: 11:53pm On Sep 22, 2016
[quote author=suredeebee post=49593430] My case wasn't based on anybody's or hearsay. I was a victim of US and UK refusal and I got my passport stamped in nov last year at US consulate. UK also denied me but returned my passport unstamped. This happened in April this year. If you need further proofs PM me and I'll scan the stamped page to you. Pls I'll erase my names for security reasons. There's no big deal about it.

I am not doubting you,no need for pm.all the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 11:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
suredeebee:
This isn't correct sir. I applied late last year for NIV and my passport was stamped. I had only visited south Africa before I tried US. Early this year, I applied for UK but was also denied , maybe because I was refused US before, dunno but they didn't stamp my passport, I was surprised. I reapplied early may to UK and was given 6 months. I'm back already to try canada against December for my annual leave. I think awele was right...He's only too detailed in his explanation. He really has time, hahaha. But all of you guys are wonderful here.

awelekiti:
Your rejected UK visa could be last year...or was it this year?. They don't stamp passports anymore. In my company we travel almost every quarter due to the nature of our business. In May, we were invited for an annual product training in Calgary y our partner( both sales and technical). We applied for 2 of our staff( a sales guy and a technician). The sales guy was granted while the one in charge of technical department was denied. They just cited travel history and returned all his documents to him. His passport wasn't stamped. He was asked to reapply in his refusal letter if he could address the reason he was rejected. The training holds once in a year because it's for all distributors, globally and we're the one in charge of Nigerian territory. In early July, we had an issue with one of their equipment we recently ordered. After escalating it to them, they agreed to send another invitation but we advised that another technician , who had been to schenghen area to apply. I gave him same documents and he applied on the 20th of July via paper route. On the 15th of September, his visa was granted as seen on his passport. I accompanied him to pick his passport this week.

i am just here wondering why the both of you type your messages the same way! coincidence? or fraud? f**k outta here man!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
suredeebee:
My case wasn't based on anybody's or hearsay. I was a victim of US and UK refusal and I got my passport stamped in nov last year at US consulate. UK also denied me but returned my passport unstamped. This happened in April this year. If you need further proofs PM me and I'll scan the stamped page to you. Pls I'll erase my names for security reasons. There's no big deal about it. Gd nite
It's alright suredebee. but please let it rest now...don't defend me too much cos they're already suspecting you. Thanks anyway cheesy
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 12:00am On Sep 23, 2016
suredeebee:
My case wasn't based on anybody's or hearsay. I was a victim of US and UK refusal and I got my passport stamped in nov last year at US consulate. UK also denied me but returned my passport unstamped. This happened in April this year. If you need further proofs PM me and I'll scan the stamped page to you. Pls I'll erase my names for security reasons. There's no big deal about it. Gd nite

For someone who just joined Nairaland this night you are quite skilled in PM's that is only available to members.

The more you talk the more you present yourself as a creation of circumstance. Just stop adding fire. Is that too much to ask?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 12:02am On Sep 23, 2016
awelekiti:
You're entitled to your opinion. As you know, I don't care about your criticisms. This isn't your first time and all I've been doing all along is ignore you but at this time, I think it's important I react. If I was an agent, I wouldn't be offering assistance for free, with detailed explanations. This is what I enjoy doing, at my leisure...to assist here. I don't need anybody's favour ok? I'm comfortable the way I am and I bless God for that. If you lack knowledge, why not ask instead of attacking? It's your business whatever your opinion is. You're only attacking blindly. For the info I got...UK doesn't stamp passports anymore, same with canada. Go and ask anybody who had been rejected CIC and UK visa in recent times if in doubt. In December 2015, I know of a neighbour who applied to US and came back with his passport stamped. That was what I based my opinion on. If you're not comfortable with my contribution here, you can always keep quiet. I won't bother respond to your subsequent rants.

another coincidence? this guy, don't do this to yourself! i can go the IP route too if you tempt me! whatever your motives are, it;s your business! just stop the misinformation!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by misterbd: 12:02am On Sep 23, 2016
Joe980:
grin Now you are talking. Thanks for the time.

You are welcome.how old are your daughters?I advice you get letter of introduction from their school,and plan your trip against when they'll be on holidays.if you are planning against Christmas,don't list Niagara Falls as part of the places you'd visit.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 12:07am On Sep 23, 2016
awelekiti:
It's alright suredebee. but please let it rest now...don't defend me too much cos they're already suspecting you. Thanks anyway cheesy

I have respected you out of professional courtesy and will reserve my comments.

Lovely night rest to everyone.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 12:08am On Sep 23, 2016
jayfierce:

For someone who just joined Nairaland this night you are quite skilled in PM's that is only available to members.

The more you talk the more you present yourself as a creation of circumstance. Just stop adding fire. Is that too much to ask?

LOL!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 23, 2016
bigfido:

another coincidence? this guy, don't do this to yourself! i can go the IP route too if you tempt me! whatever your motives are, it;s your business! just stop the misinformation!
LMAO!!! I can't stop laughing! making dots in the middle of a comment is a sign you're shortening it, which most people do on NL. Have you read the posts of Smalz001 of sept 19 and that of WESTERNCR among others? It's quite obvious you're a very small boy in all your comments. I won't join issues with you here. It isn't necessary. You're only judging blinndly. Grow up boy.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 23, 2016
jayfierce:

I have respected you out of professional courtesy and will reserve my comments.

Lovely night rest to everyone.
I really appreciate this jayfierce and please don't get upset. You also know I hardly react this way? Have a good nite rest everyone
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 4:49am On Sep 23, 2016
suredeebee:
I was denied US last November and my passport was stamped omobeldel. I also applied to UK but my passport was not stamped. I think awele was right. The canada stuff is what I'm not sure about cos I'm just planning to apply. Nice job you guys are doing here. Experience really matters.

Oh, really? Stamped with what and how? What inscription, what was written? I mean the US own sir. I may be able to relate with the UK own because as at way back 2004 when I was last refused by them, my passport wasn't even stamped (which I still believe was mistakenly overlooked because that my application was on record and referred to subsequently) even though I got that letter that details almost everything about the refusal and that other one that is meant for appeals if you wish to.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by suredeebee: 7:13am On Sep 23, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Oh, really? Stamped with what and how? What inscription, what was written? I mean the US own sir. I may be able to relate with the UK own because as at way back 2004 when I was last refused by them, my passport wasn't even stamped (which I still believe was mistakenly overlooked because that my application was on record and referred to subsequently) even though I got that letter that details almost everything about the refusal and that other one that is meant for appeals if you wish to.
Good morning sir. It happened last year November. I be Ma no be Sir oo grin my name is Derby. It was the normal NIV refusal stamp at the back of my passport. I nor wan talk about this again sef as I almost caus casala for here last night sake of say I dey talk wetin happn to me. Make I no talk about this again, na my kaya. I'm off to work. Nice day ahead.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 8:01am On Sep 23, 2016
suredeebee:
Good morning sir. It happened last year November. I be Ma no be Sir oo grin my name is Derby. It was the normal NIV refusal stamp at the back of my passport. I nor wan talk about this again sef as I almost caus casala for here last night sake of say I dey talk wetin happn to me. Make I no talk about this again, na my kaya. I'm off to work. Nice day ahead.

Sorry I addressed you as "sir" oh. No na.... The kasala don already start Sis. Make we just get am over and done with, at least make me see opportunity take learn and dey convinced about this new one, cos I genuinely no sabi this kain matter before, really.

I for say make I invite the US embassy VO from Lagos and Abuja Wey dey this NL come but e never just reach so. Any which way, I go just call LadyGuinivere (Na semi-VO she be), Worry359 (OC MoPol) and yes, before I forget, Justwise (almighty rapturer on Travel matters for NL) just to confirm say US dey put "Normal NIV Refusal" for back of passport and also to differentiate between Suredeebee and Awelekiti versus agent/helper for here for us. @Tzetzefly, Seyewest, Firsttymum, Nefertitiram, I greet Una from this side too oh.

@Bigfido and Jayfierce, I just wan kill these two matters today abeg, Una doh oh! E go pain me if agents use us do yeye for this Nairaland here oh. Justwise, welcome sir.

Do have a great day too Sis Derby

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrkhaynoni: 10:44am On Sep 23, 2016
I think its high time we man up here and give honour to whom its due, I have been visiting this thread since its inception and I can state categorically that this thread has never been alive this way until @awelekiti came on-board, the efforts he puts in, to clarify, encourage, tutor and mentor complete strangers on this thread is selfless to say the least, if he mixed up any fact or even get it wrong out rightly, that just confirms he is human afterall and not a God as he was almost appearing to people who benefit daily from his wealth of experience, haba! All you people that have suddenly developed buccal muscles to shout and pick errors where were you all along if you knew so much when this man was almost single-handedly responding to every questions and people where testifying to the efficacy of his tips and guides. Abeg make we leave trash for lawma o, lets appreciate people when they deserve it and not always rush to tear people down o, if this man shut up now, the people that will suffer it might have not even join this forum yet. Be that as it may, I appreciate everyone who has made reasonable contributions on this thread and I want to appeal to those who got their visas pls share ur pakage with us. Dont just come and thank God O! This is not a church!! Na the way u did it we wan know o!!! Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:03am On Sep 23, 2016
What honour and what due? I purposely spent time in this forum to help streamline him.

He uses personal experience a lot and expects everyone to rely heavily on that. I started showing him how to point people to the right source of information.

Make no mistake no one here is a fool. Even the mods have removed some of his comments that would encourage indirect soliciting.

It's cost me great personal effort to make sure everyone gets the right information and not rely on his personal experience.

The forum has a life of its own and was created even before he joined and would still be when he's gone. This forum has no hero. We don't want a hero. Everyone can get the information they require directly from the source.

I told him last night that I would not say anymore out of professional courtesy but if you guys insist on rallying on the issue then you will leave me with no choice.

Let this issue end. Add no more fire.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
jayfierce:

Funny thing is that the exact comments that was deleted by the mods was when someone wanted to PM you a couple of days back and you said go ahead.

I begged you to let this issue go but you still used suredeebee to defend yourself this morning. Suredeebee that just joined nairaland last night and was suddenly an expert in PM's. Who even gave her name as Derby.

Is this not you soliciting? Is this not the conference that you speak of often in your posts?

I respected your intelligence and the way you went about your business. Man must hussle. I saw flaws and kept quiet.

The are other unconventional means that you've used but I won't say them. Please add no more fire

Let this issue end and let's go back to helping people.
Did the person I asked to go ahead to pm me say I solicited help from him? He sent me pm many times and I kept rejecting it. This I remember very well. When it became embarrassing, I asked him to go ahead. Please contact the member yourself to confirm this. I dare you mention other unconventional means I used so we can both thrash it out here. I'm not a travel agent and will never be one. You mentioned conference abi? Yes! I attend medical and entrepreneurship conferences a lot to boost my know-how.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2016
awelekiti:
congrats! I'm happy for you. If you're nearing ontario next month from 20th, you may say hello. We're organising an event for African young entrepreneurs there. Pls let me know if you need info on this. All the best!

So you are not a travel agent. What exactly do you do that requires soliciting young entrepreneurs?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
jayfierce:

Funny thing is that the exact comments that was deleted by the mods was when someone wanted to PM you a couple of days back and you said go ahead.

I begged you to let this issue go but you still used suredeebee to defend yourself this morning. Suredeebee that just joined nairaland last night and was suddenly an expert in PM's. Who even gave her name as Derby. This event is free and people had asked me a lot about it. It's 100 % free. Those who have asked me about it got hints. I gave them the link where they could register. I got to know about it from a south African partner who also carried me along. I didn't come to this forum to advertise it. I'm sure anyone who has asked me about this could bear me witness. This post is available for the record and I repeat, I dare anybody to raise hands. Shade got her visa which she applied for online. I had been following up closely on her until the day she came to this forum to share he experience. And I congratulated her and said in case she's nearing ontario, she could attend the conference. It's freeee. It's an industry-sponsored conference. I don't know who Derby is. Or would you also say the guy who replied your post this morning and talked about me is myself. Or would you also say I was the one who registered his name t defend my person? Your guy has threatened to go the IP way and I'm still waiting for his proof.

Is this not you soliciting? Is this not the conference that you speak of often in your posts?

I respected your intelligence and the way you went about your business. Man must hussle. I saw flaws and kept quiet.

The are other unconventional means that you've used but I won't say them. Please add no more fire

Let this issue end and let's go back to helping people.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 23, 2016
jayfierce:

So you are not a travel agent. What exactly do you do that requires soliciting young entrepreneurs?
you just keep making me laugh. Jayfierce, this event is free of charge. Those who got the info from within canada and USA alone were huge. You don't pay for registration and it's not compulsory. Please a couple of guys that have asked me about this and had also confirmed it please come and bail me out here ooooo abeg! Please don't hesitate to drop your comment ooo as soon as you logged in, if the event says pay xyz amount. Jayfierce please I've got work to do. Leta.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 12:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
jayfierce:

Even with more than 6months validity she can Cancel it for the reason of name change.

The immigration officer I spoke to this morning listed:

1. Marriage certificate
2. Affidavit of Marriage.
3. Newspaper Publication
4. Data page of husbands international passport.

Thanks, my oga. That is why we read everyday because we learn everyday.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 12:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
@justwise please we need you here. I know you don't encourage this kind of attitude especially when people are being misinformed and STYLISHLY coerced into agency dealings. Kindly read some pages back to straighten things out here.

Jayfierce, let's just leave him. I have done my bit by calling him out so that others reading might not fall into his trap and terrible advises. We will continue to help people with the little we know.

awelekiti if you are so well travelled and know all these things you claim you know, helping people won't bother you as much. The same you has all your family members in the abroad and neighbors getting passports stamped with refusal stamps from the US embassy. Congratulations. My own is stop giving people ill advises here. If I see it, I will call you out. This place is for learning and helping each other and not to drop others in deeper waters. Have a great day ahead with your agency.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 12:38pm On Sep 23, 2016
Jayfierce, if your passport request doesn't come today, we are going to do aluta o.. It's 131 days today already. Even if na moon person dey plan go, e for don reach since!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 1:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
OmoBendel24:

The US Embassy in Nigeria does not stamp passports when they refuse visa applications. That is the crux of the matter. Jayfierce, Bigfido and others saying you are wrong are very much conversant with this bruv. The UK still stamps passport if visa application is refused to the best of my knowledge even though I may give you the benefit of doubt on it, Canada doesn't and we know too. It's the mix up on the UK and US own that is in contest here
I believe this matter have been addressed, but just to lend credence to the information being shared, USA doesnt stamp refused applicant's passport. They never stamped mine when refused, although I re-applied and was granted.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 1:27pm On Sep 23, 2016
Jayfierce, Awelekiti and Bigfido, please let it rest. You guys are doing good with information being passed across; you sieve what is yours and discard what is not. Nobody knows it all, we all know in part.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
bigfido:
Jayfierce, if your passport request doesn't come today, we are going to do aluta o.. It's 131 days today already. Even if na moon person dey plan go, e for don reach since!

Lol I think its actually more than that. I think it's 132 days.

It's worth mentioning that it takes 3 days to get to the moon in a shuttle.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
^^^
That timeline is scary o (133 days)! But seriously, what could have caused such delay? Did you send a mail to them?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
RedReact:
^^^
That timeline is scary o (133 days)! But seriously, what could have caused such delay? Did you send a mail to them?

Yup. Check my posts

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: MyGodisAwesome and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.