Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2343522 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (1110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ekimama: 7:06am On Sep 28, 2016
Hello everyone, I'm just looking for encouragement. I applied online since the 2nd of August, did the biometrics 4th of August. I still have not heard anything from CIC. I need to travel on the 7th of October for a conference (paid and non-refundable). Is there still hope for me? It's been 55days. I've been so discouraged especially after seeing an online app take over 100 days. What can I do. Thank you. I was told it didn't matter whether I applied online or on paper. Now I'm just regretting the online route.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ajobi21: 10:04am On Sep 28, 2016
Can someone pls answer this my question. I just need to know if any form had to be printed and signed in all the online application. Thanks

ajobi21:
Good morning house, thanks for the prompt answer, i really appreciate it. I however have one more question plss wink...for those that did online and applied with other family members, how did you manage the IMM5713 form(family representative) cus the form will not allow saving. Did you download, fill and upload? did you do this for any other form?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrkhaynoni: 10:05am On Sep 28, 2016
jayfierce:
Ladies and Gentlemen of the house.

I, Jayfierce, just received an original passport request.

@shadeebee78, OmoBendel24, bigfido, irebami16, WESTERNCR

Congrats sir, pls it would be nice to share your packaging format with us too. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 10:14am On Sep 28, 2016
Hey!!!!! CONGRATS O. At last. So happy it ended well for you. That wait no be beans.

jayfierce:
Ladies and Gentlemen of the house.

I, Jayfierce, just received an original passport request.

@shadeebee78, OmoBendel24, bigfido, irebami16, WESTERNCR

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by johnpoko: 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2016
They denied my visa. Reasons ; travel history, purpose of visit and personal assets. sad sad
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by october01: 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hello House. I have been to UK, Germany and the US with my family on vacation. We still have a valid US and France Visa. want to apply for Canadian tourist visa. what are my chances(family inclusive) of getting a Tourist Visa to Canada. Also the application for for visit visa is not opening. is there an alternative to it? response would be highly appreciated
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by october01: 12:15pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hello House. I have been to UK, Germany and the US with my family on vacation. We still have a valid US and France Visa. want to apply for Canadian tourist visa. what are my chances(family inclusive) of getting a Tourist Visa to Canada. Also the application for for visit visa is not opening. is there an alternative to it? More so the above mentioned visas where gotten as a result of invitation from family and friend but i dont have any one in Canada. Do Canadian Embassy honour hotel reservation in issuance of visa? response would be highly appreciated
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 12:19pm On Sep 28, 2016
johnpoko:
They denied my visa. Reasons ; travel history, purpose of visit and personal assets. sad sad

Wow.. So sorry to hear.. Have you travelled out before? Run a list of documents submitted let's see
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2016
ajobi21:
Can someone pls answer this my question. I just need to know if any form had to be printed and signed in all the online application. Thanks

All online applications are filled online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by johnpoko: 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2016
bigfido:

Wow.. So sorry to hear.. Have you travelled out before? Run a list of documents submitted let's see
No I haven't traveled out before.

1. Complete and signed application form, family form, representative form.
2. Photocopy of my national passport.
3.Statement of purpose..
4.Statement of sponsorship from my aunt.
5.National I'd of my aunt and her statement of account for 4 months (2.4 million)
6. Letter of identification from my dean of students stating the year of my graduation, which will be in 2017.
7. Invitation letter from conference organizers.
8.Registration receipt of conference.
9.Proof of current enrollment in school ( admission letter, school fees payment receipts, semester results with grades, photocopy of school id card)
10.Round flight itinerary and hotel bookings.
11. 2 passport photographs.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ajobi21: 12:45pm On Sep 28, 2016
johnpoko:
No I haven't traveled out before.

1. Complete and signed application form, family form, representative form.
10.Round flight itinerary and hotel bookings.
11. 2 passport photographs.

I am yet to submit mine o but I thought we weren't to sign the application form, did u download and sign instead of validate
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ajobi21: 12:51pm On Sep 28, 2016
RedReact:

All online applications are filled online.

Thank you very much for your response, but I have this stubborn form : family representative (IMM5713). It wouldn't allow me save the doc for upload. I just hope i am not doing something wrong. by the way, the form requires my hubby to sign that I am submitting his application. Could that be why??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 1:02pm On Sep 28, 2016
^^^
Were you able to download the form or had problem in downloading? If you were able to download the form, you should be able to upload it after filling it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ajobi21: 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
RedReact:
^^^
Were you able to download the form or had problem in downloading? If you were able to download the form, you should be able to upload it after filling it.

i was able to download it. but it came up with a clear message that I cannot save it. so I fill but can't save.and i need to save to upload (or is there another way?)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 2:03pm On Sep 28, 2016
ajobi21:

i was able to download it. but it came up with a clear message that I cannot save it. so I fill but can't save.and i need to save to upload (or is there another way?)

Last time I opened that form it opened in my browser. Confirm you've saved a copy on your computer?

Confirm you've filled ALL sections? Even if a section does not apply to you please put NA.

Lastly, it's possible you need to print, sign and scan it. Click on the instruction icon to the right for details.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ajobi21: 2:12pm On Sep 28, 2016
jayfierce:

Confirm you've filled ALL sections? Even if a section does not apply to you please put NA.

I have researched deeper and found answers online. I think I am to print and get my hubby to sign since he is authorizing me to submit on his behalf, same as when one uses a representative or an attorney. It kind of makes sense since,it is authorisation. Thanks guys for your response. the only other confusing thing is that, for payment..it shows 2 for visa application but 1 for biometrics
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2016
october01:
Hello House. I have been to UK, Germany and the US with my family on vacation. We still have a valid US and France Visa. want to apply for Canadian tourist visa. what are my chances(family inclusive) of getting a Tourist Visa to Canada. Also the application for for visit visa is not opening. is there an alternative to it? More so the above mentioned visas where gotten as a result of invitation from family and friend but i dont have any one in Canada. Do Canadian Embassy honour hotel reservation in issuance of visa? response would be highly appreciated

Travel history, Proof of funds, and Purpose of trip. These are a few of the things a visa officer looks at while considering your application.

We can't tell you what your chances are. You will have to judge that by yourself. See this guide:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 2:30pm On Sep 28, 2016
ajobi21:

I have researched deeper and found answers online. I think I am to print and get my hubby to sign since he is authorizing me to submit on his behalf, same as when one uses a representative or an attorney. It kind of makes sense since,it is authorisation. Thanks guys for your response. the only other confusing thing is that, for payment..it shows 2 for visa application but 1 for biometrics

I believe you can change it to 2 for biometrics.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2016
RedReact:

You mean free online drinks that I will collect after over 100 days? grin grin grin
Thanks, I no want. Na offline drinks I want.

paparazzi1987:

grin grin

Okies, offline is about 60days. No wahala grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2016
Travel History -
1. Cancelled(Renewed) Passport with Ghana entry and exit stamps (once), Dubai exit and entry stamps (once), expired six months UK visa used once.
2. New Passport with valid US visa used once.

Proof of Means of Financial Support -
1. Employment letter
2. Tax clearance certificate.
3. Four months payslip. Four months statement from current account, dollar account, and two savings account. Entered everything in my account as "funds available for my trip". Above $40,000 CAD.
4. Two landed properties(survey only).

Purpose of Travel -
1. Letter from employer with: Date of employment, official role, leave of absence(10 days), and hotel information.
2. Trip itinerary.
3. Flight itinerary (attached email from agent).
4. Hotel booking (Booking.com with free cancellation).

Letter of Explanation -
1. Purpose of visit, place of visit and reason for interest.
2. Explained funds availability through accounts linked to MasterCards.
3. Explained taking cash of $5,000 CAD with me as backup.
4. Explained large deposit due to liquidation of fixed deposit from a third bank. Attached fixed deposit certificate and email instruction for fixed deposit termination.

I am a first time applicant. Acted as sponsor to a relative over few years back who was refused twice on "purpose of visit" until we retrieved GCMS notes and "course of study" was the detailed reason. We abandoned the academic pursuit to Canada altogether.

mrkhaynoni, RedReact, irebami16, shadeebee78, october01, omobendel24, bigfido, johnpoko, WESTERNCR, misterbd

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrkhaynoni: 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2016
[quote author=jayfierce post=49745814]Travel History -
1. Cancelled(Renewed) Passport with Ghana entry and exit stamps (once), Dubai exit and entry stamps (once), expired six months UK visa used once.
2. New Passport with valid US visa used once.

Proof of Means of Financial Support -
1. Employment letter
2. Tax clearance certificate.
3. Four months payslip. Four months statement from current account, dollar account, and two savings account. Entered everything in my account as "funds available for my trip". Above $40,000 CAD.
4. Two landed properties(survey only).

Purpose of Travel -
1. Letter from employer with: Date of employment, official role, leave of absence(10 days), and hotel information.
2. Trip itinerary.
3. Flight itinerary (attached email from agent).
4. Hotel booking (Booking.com with free cancellation).

Letter of Explanation -
1. Purpose of visit, place of visit and reason for interest.
2. Explained funds availability through accounts linked to MasterCards.
3. Explained taking cash of $5,000 CAD with me as backup.
4. Explained large deposit due to liquidation of fixed deposit from a third bank. Attached fixed deposit certificate and email instruction for fixed deposit termination.

I am a first time applicant. Acted as sponsor to a relative over few years back who was refused twice on "purpose of visit" until we retrieved GCMS notes and "course of study" was the detailed reason. We abandoned the academic pursuit to Canada altogether.

mrkhaynoni, RedReact, irebami16, shadeebee78, october01, omobendel24,

Thanks sir. I really appreciate but CIC said 3months statement of account. Any particular reason you printed 4 months?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrkhaynoni: 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2016
johnpoko:

I suspect your course of study and the relevance to the conference might be an issue, also travel history, i believe US and canada place serious importance on that. And the cost of this trip might not make sense to the V.O with respect to your economic status of you and your sponsor.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 4:11pm On Sep 28, 2016
mrkhaynoni:
Thanks sir. I really appreciate but CIC said 3months statement of account. Any particular reason you printed 4 months?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 4:57pm On Sep 28, 2016
@Jayfierce, how did you do the itinerary plan? Was it like a letter format or you put it in a table format? Make I borrow brain small.
I am thinking of whether to get a flight booking from an agent or not, but I have already done my hotel reservation.
Under proof of means of financial support, I no fit enter that kain amount o grin grin grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2016
Pls, how many months bank statement can I submit for canada visit visa on paper route?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 5:00pm On Sep 28, 2016
even though paper application is 8wks for complete application while online 3mth on average...i think several factors determine the processing speed. like, immigration,background,bank check etc..if ur application form is well fill and complete, you should get a response by tues nxt wk..
Ekimama:
Hello everyone, I'm just looking for encouragement. I applied online since the 2nd of August, did the biometrics 4th of August. I still have not heard anything from CIC. I need to travel on the 7th of October for a conference (paid and non-refundable). Is there still hope for me? It's been 55days. I've been so discouraged especially after seeing an online app take over 100 days. What can I do. Thank you. I was told it didn't matter whether I applied online or on paper. Now I'm just regretting the online route.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 5:09pm On Sep 28, 2016
brotundes:
Pls, how many months bank statement can I submit for canada visit visa on paper route?
They said 3 months, but you can go for 4 or 5 months and above.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 5:12pm On Sep 28, 2016
nam16:
even though paper application is 8wks for complete application,i think several factors determine the processing speed. like, immigration,background,bank check etc..if ur application form is well fill and complete, you should get a response by tues nxt wk..
That online application is just filled with unnecessary suspense these days. It used to be fast before but not so any longer, as it takes up to 3 months and some weeks, based on statistics of peoples' experiences.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 5:16pm On Sep 28, 2016
well, its expected...when all focus of prospective student and co has been shifted from US/UK to canada...also all online application, PR,student are process in accra..while lagos office process visitor visa via paper submission.....couple with the few staff they have...
RedReact:

That online application is just filled with unnecessary suspense these days. It used to be fast before but not so any longer, as it takes up to 3 months and some weeks, based on statistics of peoples' experiences.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 5:26pm On Sep 28, 2016
Thanks for the information
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 5:29pm On Sep 28, 2016
brotundes:

The only place on CIC website, that i could find the specific number of 4 months is on the instruction panel of my online application, which i pasted above.

You can submit 6 months if you like. I've stumbled upon guide notes for Visa Officers on proof of funds and i've seen that its beyond having a 4 months or 6 months statement of account.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/intake/proof.asp

"To assess the adequacy of a visitor's financial resources, you may exercise discretion in the documentation you request from applicants. In situations where applicants generally pose a low risk regarding funds, you may choose to limit or waive routine requirements for documentary evidence"
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 5:58pm On Sep 28, 2016
RedReact:
@Jayfierce, how did you do the itinerary plan? Was it like a letter format or you put it in a table format? Make I borrow brain small.
I am thinking of whether to get a flight booking from an agent or not, but I have already done my hotel reservation.
Under proof of means of financial support, I no fit enter that kain amount o grin grin grin

Lol. I kolobied one travel itinerary in excel sheet format from the web and saved as PDF when i completed it. I listed basic activities like dinner, boat cruise, city tours, online and dollar tree shopping....etc. Oh yeah i listed plenty sleep, evening stroll, and church service as part of my activities. I am not going to pretend because i need a visa. Lol.

Since you are working with a specified amount then you can itemize the cost of each activity. It's good to have a flight itinerary to add to your application to show you have made plans according to your budget.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (1110) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Raskytexas, waleey27(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.