Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2331060 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (1105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mummyf(f): 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2016
thanks @shadeebee78 for your imput.GOD bless.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paparazzi1987(m): 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2016
ajobi21:
Good morning house. I got a mail from CIC yesterday telling me there has been no update on my account. why are they trying to rub it in cheesy cheesy. Is this normal tho or is it because I keep checking my cic account everyday. By the way, i submitted on sep 30 and did my biometrics oct 9 or so.

Your app is just one month old na! We wey our app don reach menopause sef no complain grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sacredhearts: 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2016
aadeyi88:
Marriage Certificate Completed Visa Forms Statement of purpose Travel Passport. 2 Passport Photographs Birth certificate. Curriculum vitae (Resume). Letter of Employment.
 Confirmation of Employment. Introduction Letter from my employer . Pension statement documents. Staff ID card Payslips Police Clearance Certificate. Salary account statement.  Property documents of my house. a page of our Whatsapp calls and Skype calls. 

Thanks so much sir for responding to our request but it will be nice to know the docs submitted by your wife too. And u didnt mention an estimate of funds in the
accounts as well as your travel history.
Also i am surprised you submitted police clearance thats not expected for a visitors visa. Any particular reason u submitted yours?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:26pm On Oct 31, 2016
mummyf:
cheesy cheesy lol @jayfierce. i didnt know i was noticed.
firstly congrats on your visa.

secondly, my plan is to take the kids for a10day holiday.3 kids. we have land documents and 3 car documents, letter from children school,virgin passports though husband has U.S visa, letter of introduction from my place of work.
my own bank statement is just about 400k. i am not spending my own money because husband is paying for everything and he is not applying with us.
my fear is, wont my own account balance affect our application? or do i tell husband to transfer all the needed funds to my account before we print the statement?
Thanks a lot ma'am for the congratulatory message. I was actually hoping that Aunty Shadeebee78 would wade in because she just got her visa under similar circumstances. She didn't disappoint.

You've been around so no need to stress the importance of a clear distinction between personal and business account in relation to applying for a visit visa. Since he's the sponsor then please provide all necessary documents to show source of income. Also add yours too please. Also every significant official document that you have from your work place.

Please kindly allow me to be your Visa officer scrutinising your file. My Questions as a no nonsense officer would be:
1. Why is Canada her first choice of travel? How are we sure she will return seeing as she has never travelled before?
2. What's her relationship with her husband like? Is she trying to run away with the kids?
3. What's the risk factor in case she applies for asylum? Will she add value to to Economy while she's here?
4. Is there any other thing that would bring her back to Nigeria asides from her husband?
5. Do they have enough money for the trip? Is there a means of financially recuperating after the trip?

Sorry these are harsh questions but realistic because they have seen it all. Do your part to allay all assumptions that you don't intend to return from your visit to Canada and you will be home free. Godspeed.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mummyf(f): 11:16pm On Oct 31, 2016
thanks so much for this @ jayfierce, it shows i have a lot to prove to the v.o that i am definitely coming back home.
my job is important to me and my husband cant do without his kids.
thank again.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ESO234: 9:11am On Nov 01, 2016
I applied for a Canadian student visa online in Sep, I also did the bio metrics that same month. It was after that I got a mail that my application has been refused with the following reason(s) That I might not leave after my studies and also highlighted was the purpose of visit and present employment (which is business). So I reapplied on the 6th of Oct with paper application and I added some documents ie landed properties,coy registration docs, letter of explanation my kids birth certificates and statement of personal net-worth. The application was submitted in Lagos. I applied for an 8 month certificate program. I have been tracking my application on VFS platform ever since but for 3 days now the system is saying NO RECORDS FOUND. Please I want to know if this is normal

Bro hope this is clear enough,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeus001(m): 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2016
I received this email this morning from cic:

'Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information.
This message is intended for the following e-mail address: *********. If this message is not for you, please delete it.'

With excitement I rushed to my account to check for the message but nothing was there. No new message. I know this type of message has been discussed here b4 explaining it's because of monthly update that was ticked. But this is the 2nd hoax am getting. The 1st one came on the 20th of October exactly a month after I submitted so I just figured it out. That 1st one clearly said there's no update. Am guessing it just means someone from the embassy is working on my matter. Pls guys I need clarification on this biko. Should I be concerned? Thanks!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paparazzi1987(m): 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2016
@oga at the top ^^^^ They are working on your app be that na!...

Meanwhile, i just contact CIC here in canada, and they said an i quote

If you submit your application after Friday July 1 2016 then the application processing time is approximately 111 days

If you submit your application after Wednessday August 31 2016 then the application processing time is approximately 50 days

So, my app clocks 100 days today.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeus001(m): 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2016
paparazzi1987:
@oga at the top ^^^^ They are working on your app be that na!...

Meanwhile, i just contact CIC here in canada, and they said an i quote

If you submit your application after Friday July 1 2016 then the application processing time is approximately 111 days

If you submit your application after Wednessday August 31 2016 then the application processing time is approximately 50 days

So, my app clocks 100 days today.

Okay...thought as much. Thanks chief. cool smiley
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoAje1: 11:49am On Nov 02, 2016
Good morning all,

Please have trying to make payment with my naira master card for my online visa application bt the payment declined (Dear Customer, your transaction was declined because the amount attempted exceeds your approved cumulative limit.)

Please house is there any other way to make payment online because I dnt hv Dollar MasterCard which I believe it might be the alternative.

Thanks for usual support.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeus001(m): 12:40pm On Nov 02, 2016
OmoAje1:
Good morning all,

Please have trying to make payment with my naira master card for my online visa application bt the payment declined (Dear Customer, your transaction was declined because the amount attempted exceeds your approved cumulative limit.)

Please house is there any other way to make payment online because I dnt hv Dollar MasterCard which I believe it might be the alternative.

Thanks for usual support.

It's because of the new CBN international transaction limit I guess. I'd suggest you go to your bank for how to do it. Just my own opinion tho. Also note that you will be charged the parallel market exchange rate and not the amount you see on the cic form. And it has to be a current account.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kolnel: 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2016
Please is it possible to send Nigerian passport to vfs centre Lagos through courier ?
Biometric was done same centre
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 5:07pm On Nov 02, 2016
kolnel:
Please is it possible to send Nigerian passport to vfs centre Lagos through courier ?
Biometric was done same centre
Thanks
Yes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kolnel: 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2016
jayfierce:

Yes.

Dhl ?
Then I have to pay for the to and fro ?
Have you done it before
Sorry for the question just want to be very sure
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2016
kolnel:

Dhl ?
Then I have to pay for the to and fro ?
Have you done it before
Sorry for the question just want to be very sure
Thanks
Just got my passport back almost two weeks ago. Paid UPS for to and fro: One to carry my passport to VFS and the other to bring it back from VFS.

The return envelope was placed inside the outgoing envelope along with the passport and passport request letter. You can read up on the instructions on the VFS website if you haven't done so already. It's also worth mentioning that you can use any reliable courier service.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nampofo: 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2016
I received my passport today. Surprisingly, I was issued with a visa valid for just one month. Anyway am traveling for only a week. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nampofo: 9:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
I received my passport back today. Surprisingly, I was given just a month visa. Anyway I am only traveling for a week.

awelekiti:
ok. You'll receive another message once your passport is ready for collection. Whether you can attend another conference taking place earlier than the planned one or not depends of the validity of your visa. If your visa validity starts from a date earlier than the conference you want to attend before the planned one, it's ok otherwise, you'd have to do away with it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:54pm On Nov 02, 2016
nampofo:
I received my passport back today. Surprisingly, I was given just a month visa. Anyway I am only traveling for a week.
Congrats. When does the visa expire? Would you still be able to make the conference in December?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 1koboko: 1:51am On Nov 03, 2016
Does anybody know the cheapest airlines to halifax, Canada? I am looking at buying a ticket soon. Anybody who knows the current average cost of a return ticket should kindly inform me. Meanwhile, I wish all applicants' the best of luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nampofo: 7:59am On Nov 03, 2016
Yes. I'll be able to attend but I prefer the earlier one. Should I inform CIC that I am traveling earlier for a different programme? Also I'll be staying at my bro inlaw's place. In my application, I didn't state where I'll be lodging. Hope I will have no problem at POE.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:49am On Nov 03, 2016
nampofo:
Yes. I'll be able to attend but I prefer the earlier one. Should I inform CIC that I am traveling earlier for a different programme? Also I'll be staying at my bro inlaw's place. In my application, I didn't state where I'll be lodging. Hope I will have no problem at POE.
You said your company has already sponsored you for the conference in December. Are they still going to sponsor this change? If so, then you can explain at POE with relevant documents from your company. If not, it will be wise to stick to the original arrangements.

Also, when does your Visa expire? Am asking so that we can have more insight into your options.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 3:09pm On Nov 03, 2016
nampofo:

Since you have your visa it doesn't really matter how you choose to travel. Trying to get permission from CIC is a waste of your time. When you get to boarder, they will ask you about your visit, thenjoy you can give them details including where you want to stay.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 3:11pm On Nov 03, 2016
1koboko:
Does anybody know the cheapest airlines to halifax, Canada? I am looking at buying a ticket soon. Anybody who knows the current average cost of a return ticket should kindly inform me. Meanwhile, I wish all applicants' the best of luck.

Check momondo dot and bookingbuddy

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by irebami16: 10:34pm On Nov 03, 2016
Jayfierce>>>
Sorry for updating so late.
My canadian visa is approved with 2 months visa
Thanks for the useful information. Once again thanks to NAIRALAND
Pls which airline is cheap and reliable can I travel with egypt air?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:07pm On Nov 03, 2016
irebami16:
Jayfierce>>>
Sorry for updating so late.
My canadian visa is approved with 2 months visa
Thanks for the useful information. Once again thanks to NAIRALAND
Pls which airline is cheap and reliable can I travel with egypt air?
Wow! Congrats Irebami16! I thank God for not allowing IRCC to give us another heartbreak.

Please give us gist jor and list documents submitted. Is the Visa on the new passport or the old one set to expire next year? How did the case enquiry go? Tell us!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jukeblam(m): 11:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
Got my pp back today exactly 3 weeks after submission.
Application denied; reasons checked include:
Travel history
Purpose of travel.

Been to Dubai, U.S and Germany and I submitted copies of the visas, entry & exit stamps but didn't remember to submit copies of the past Dubai visas and the U.S visa is still valid.

Does Canadian Embassy retain some documents?
Cos the purpose of visit letter I prepared and office introductory letter submitted as part of my application package weren't in the returned package.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:34pm On Nov 03, 2016
jukeblam:
Got my pp back today exactly 3 weeks after submission.
Application denied; reasons checked include:
Travel history
Purpose of travel.

Been to Dubai, U.S and Germany and I submitted copies of the visas, entry & exit stamps but didn't remember to submit copy of the past Dubai visas and the U.S visa is still valid.

Does Canadian Embassy retain some documents?
Cos the purpose of visit letter I prepared and office introductory letter submitted as part of my application package weren't in the returned package.
Really sad about this jukeblam, been looking forward to celebrate with you.

Please kindly compare what they returned with this information on IRCC website: After the visa officer has assessed your application, your passport and other original documents will be returned to you. Please note that original bank statements are not returned. If you sent fraudulent documents, they will not be returned.

I don't want to believe it's because they believe documents are fraudulent that's why they took them. I like to believe that it's because it was addressed to them. You might need GCMS notes to get more details on your application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jukeblam(m): 11:53pm On Nov 03, 2016
jayfierce:

I like to believe that it's because it was addressed to them. You might need GCMS notes to get more details on your application.

Thanks man! (No need to be sad though) wink

Yea, I assumed that as well when I realised both unreturned docs were addressed to the Consulate.

My original bank statements were returned though.

Will try to get the GCMS notes for more details.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 12:06am On Nov 04, 2016
jukeblam:

Thanks man! (No need to be sad though) wink

Yea, I assumed that as well when I realised both unreturned docs were addressed to the Consulate.

My original bank statements were returned though.

Will try to get the GCMS notes for more details.
Good man! Would you like to furnish us with details of documents you submitted?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jukeblam(m): 12:26am On Nov 04, 2016
jayfierce:

Good man! Would you like to furnish us with details of documents you submitted?

Submitted:
Employment letter, most recent promotion letter and introductory letter from my workplace
Coloured copy of work ID
Coloured copies of the all entry and exit stamps for U.S, Germany and Dubai + the expired Schengen visa page
Previous passport
Current passport with valid U.S visa
Salary account with good inflow and outflow having a closing balance of about NGN 400k
Dom acct statement
Photocopies of payslips May-Aug
Marriage cert
Child's birth cert
Wife's attestation of birth
Copy of land survey document
Purpose of visit letter stating places I plan to visit with dates and cost implication
Flight booking; and
Hotel booking for planned dates
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 7:37am On Nov 04, 2016
I got mail today; Application denied.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 7:58am On Nov 04, 2016
@redreact : so sorry to read this. Do you know the basis for the denial yet?

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (1105) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: chatmate and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.