Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2332434 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (1106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 8:38am On Nov 04, 2016
^^^
Not yet, I just saw the message in the mail; should be able to go and pick-up my passports next two weeks though.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nicerichard05: 12:06pm On Nov 04, 2016
PLEASE IS THERE ANYBODY IN CANNY WHO CAN HELP ME PAY AN APP FEES, BEEN TRYING TO DO THAT FOR A WHILE NOW BUH I CANT WITH MY MASTER-CARD.

KINDLY PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT, THEN I WILL PAY NAIRA EQUIVALENT TO YOUR NAIRA ACCT.

THANKS
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2016
nicerichard05:
PLEASE IS THERE ANYBODY IN CANNY WHO CAN HELP ME PAY AN APP FEES, BEEN TRYING TO DO THAT FOR A WHILE NOW BUH I CANT WITH MY MASTER-CARD.

KINDLY PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT, THEN I WILL PAY NAIRA EQUIVALENT TO YOUR NAIRA ACCT.

THANKS
If you are talking of Visa application fees payment then then you should know that payment via a bank in "Canny" is not acceptable by IRCC.

You can try a Dollar MasterCard or visit your bank to discuss other options
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2016
RedReact:
^^^
Not yet, I just saw the message in the mail; should be able to go and pick-up my passports next two weeks though.
It is well. Please let us know how it goes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 1:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
^^^
Will surely do that when I get there.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nicerichard05: 2:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
jayfierce:

If you are talking of Visa application fees payment then then you should know that payment via a bank in "Canny" is not acceptable by IRCC.

You can try a Dollar MasterCard or visit your bank to discuss other options

I am talking abt university application fee. i have discussed with my bank, buh they are saying i must own a Dom acct
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 3:13pm On Nov 04, 2016
nicerichard05:

I am talking abt university application fee. i have discussed with my bank, buh they are saying i must own a Dom acct
Wrong thread for your enquiries. Please visit the student visa thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/3315266/travelling-canada-part-11/152#50669172
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kwhiter02: 3:14pm On Nov 04, 2016
jayfierce:

That's a sad story. From, all you've just said it is possible a fake visa was stamped on your passport.

However, since you submitted the application by yourself and captured your biometrics it's important to find out what happened to your original application.

Going forward, do you have your application number or any communication between you and CIC or VFS? Like Sms, emails, etc.

Thanks for your response, actually I do not have communication or application number with CIC or VFS because being my first time on this Canadian issue I did not pay any attention to that, anyway I just reply again on the 11th of Oct 2016 and less than three weeks I got an email from the VFS that my application is ready for pick, though I have not gone to pick it as I am in TOGO right now, hopefully two weeks time I will go pick it, anyway thanks for your advice.

cheeers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kwhiter02: 3:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
[quote author=awelekiti post=48801610] This is saddening. Please ensure you apply for your visa yourself in your next attempt. It's not rocket science. If you have the required documents for the category of visa you're applying for, you could be issued one on a virgin passport and if you're refused, you'd know where and how you missed it and try to avoid such mistakes in your next application. Let me tell you a short story for this purpose... In 2004, my close friend applied for a US visa and was refused, on his first application. I asked why he was refused an he said the VO asked for a bank statement which he did not have at the time of the interview. The VO also asked for his ID which he could not produce. He arranged his documents by himself I was always going to a cyber cafe after work,with him as internet was mainly restricted to cyber cafes and a few companies in those days so, we booked a system for a night browsing as usual. He was the computer guru while I was just learning. He printed all his visa documents that night ,alongside his visa application forms. He did not go to work the following day and headed to US Embassy for early morning appointment. I felt bad as he said he was refused due to the aforementioned reasons and I learned from his mistakes when it was my turn to apply. I went to meet my uncle working in a bank at that time for help and he called one of his loyal customers to assist me and act as my sponsor. The man agreed and gave me the assistance I needed, including his bank statement. I went to the embassy with a virgin passport. On seeing the VO, I was expecting him to ask me for a bank statement as I was ready for him...I had learned from my friend's mistakes. After he asked for the Invite and I gave it to him, I was about giving him the bank statement in a hurry when he did not even ask for it... he said ''please hold on, when I need it, I will ask you for it'' . Fortunately, I did not spend up to 5 minutes before this man when he gave me a tally, asking me to come a few days later for my visa. He did not even ask for the bank statement eventually.....I was given 3 months single entry, unlike now that they are issuing 2 years multiple like pure water. My friend was not happy but i encouraged him to reapply . I thanked him because I learned from his mistakes. He reapplied and was also issued 3 months single entry. We both traveled to NY for the conference we both registered for, in Nov 2004. The moral of my story is...Never engage any agent to process your visa for you. You can do it yourself. Nobody ever taught me and my friend how to go about it. We woke up one day and said we wanted to travel and we pursued our dream to actualization. While others would be spending the whole night chatting on yahoo messenger with oyinbo at the cyber cafe, we would be busy searching for visa information. Today, the rest is history and I thank God for that.The information you need is free and available on the internet if you're not lazy. Thank God for NL. Every visa information you need is available here on NL. American Embassy also has a thread on NL and I hope CIC will follow suit soon. I wish there was NL in 2004, maybe my friend would have also learned a lot here before applying and wasting his 100USD the first time( which was 12k at that time). Stop patronising miscreants . Funny enough, many of them are not as knowledgeable as you are. Ignore anybody asking you for money to process your visa for you. You can DIY. Good luck!

anyway I just reapply again on the 11th of Oct 2016 and less than three weeks I got an email from the VFS that my application is ready for pick, though I have not gone to pick it as I am in TOGO right now, hopefully two weeks time I will go pick it, anyway thanks for your advice.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olajide21: 3:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
Can anyone tell me the current exchange of the CAD to Naira?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
olajide21:
Can anyone tell me the current exchange of the CAD to Naira?
abokifx.com will give you an idea.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2016
irebami16:
Jayfierce>>>
Sorry for updating so late.
My canadian visa is approved with 2 months visa
Thanks for the useful information. Once again thanks to NAIRALAND
Pls which airline is cheap and reliable can I travel with egypt air?
Congrats. You could try Egypt air. I've boarded it a couple of times in the past....they used to be cheaper, compared to other flights and with great treats on board. You may check if their fair is still good. Buy a tick jacket when coming oo, because the weather is already getting crazy here.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
awelekiti:
Wow! You must wash it for me,when I come back ooooo! It's not how far that really matters, but how well. Just reading this now. I'm not in town....in ontario participating in the African Young Entrepreneur's summit....remember the free-to-attend summit? Congrats! If you like, go the online route again in 2021, na one year your visa application go spend for Accra IRCC hand,lol. I'm so happy for you.

@awelekiti, please what is this "African Young Entrepreneur's summit" all about. Advantages and Disadvantages(if any). Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 6:45pm On Nov 04, 2016
Any letter address to embassy are not usually return..
jayfierce:

Really sad about this jukeblam, been looking forward to celebrate with you.

Please kindly compare what they returned with this information on IRCC website: After the visa officer has assessed your application, your passport and other original documents will be returned to you. Please note that original bank statements are not returned. If you sent fraudulent documents, they will not be returned.

I don't want to believe it's because they believe documents are fraudulent that's why they took them. I like to believe that it's because it was addressed to them. You might need GCMS notes to get more details on your application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 7:09pm On Nov 04, 2016
nice docs! but why do u av more funds in usd than ngn account? are u an expatriate?well only gcms files can clear that..
jukeblam:

Submitted:
Employment letter, most recent promotion letter and introductory letter from my workplace
Coloured copy of work ID
Coloured copies of the all entry and exit stamps for U.S, Germany and Dubai + the expired Schengen visa page
Previous passport
Current passport with valid U.S visa
Salary account with good inflow and outflow having a closing balance of about NGN 400k
Dom acct with about 17k USD
Photocopies of payslips May-Aug
Marriage cert
Child's birth cert
Wife's attestation of birth
Copy of land survey document
Purpose of visit letter stating places I plan to visit with dates and cost implication
Flight booking; and
Hotel booking for planned dates

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 7:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
Any idea of what month of visitors online applications are treated now. I applied for my parents and in laws since 15th of June
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 6:39am On Nov 05, 2016
RedReact:
I got mail today; Application denied.

Oh wow! So sorry to hear this man! Pele.. We need to refine?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 6:40am On Nov 05, 2016
RedReact:
I got mail today; Application denied.

Oh wow! So sorry to hear this man! Pele.. We need to refire o!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RitaRose: 7:07am On Nov 05, 2016
Hello everyone
please how many months does it take canadian embassy to process visa. i am thinking of spending christmas with my sis over there. and i want to apply for visa by wednesday.
thanks in advance
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 8:28am On Nov 05, 2016
awelekiti:
In fact, the summit I've decided not to talk about this as I've been labelled a travel agent in this forum by some a few months ago, because I encouraged a canada visa holder in this forum to take advantage of her trip to canada attend,since it's free free. Hope I've been able to answer your question(s) satisfactorily.
I must admit that you have a good concept but this thread is simply not the place for it and that's the truth. I remember the accusations clearly and I remember taking it up to ascertain your true motives.

The best thing would have been to create a thread where you can offer free business tips to develop young entrepreneurs. Trying to help with visa and simultaneously highlighting a conference presents itself as a conflict of interest.

Best of luck.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 8:37am On Nov 05, 2016
bigfido:

Oh wow! So sorry to hear this man! Pele.. We need to refine?
It is well, my brother. I will refire next year grin grin grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 05, 2016
jayfierce:

I must admit that you have a good concept but this thread is simply not the place for it and that's the truth. I remember the accusations clearly and I remember taking it up to ascertain your true motives.

The best thing would have been to create a thread where you can offer free business tips to develop young entrepreneurs. Trying to help with visa and simultaneously highlighting a conference presents itself as a conflict of interest.
Best of luck.
Ok, thanks. It's needless to create any thread for this purpose. You saw my post because somebody asked me about it yesterday otherwise, you wouldn't have seen that again as it's already a past event. Please read his inquiry... Have a great day!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ESO234: 9:11am On Nov 05, 2016
Pls somebody should respond to my inquiries na
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:12am On Nov 05, 2016
RitaRose:
Hello everyone please how many months does it take canadian embassy to process visa. i am thinking of spending christmas with my sis over there. and i want to apply for visa by wednesday.
thanks in advance
You are cutting it quite close because You can't really predict processing times. However paper application is the fastest route for now and some here have gotten feedback in three weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:23am On Nov 05, 2016
ESO234:
Pls somebody should respond to my inquiries na
Sorry, please fill a case enquiry form. It should go to Lagos immigration.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/lagos.asp
Scroll to the bottom and click on web form. Populate and submit. You can also use the email they provided to make enquiries but I prefer the case enquiry because it collects all the relevant details for them to assist you.

Modified: It's also possible that you may not be entering the right details or VFS has a glitch. Send a mail to them first before you use the case enquiry.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:35am On Nov 05, 2016
awelekiti:
Ok, thanks. It's needless to create any thread for this purpose. You saw my post because somebody asked me about it yesterday otherwise, you wouldn't have seen that again as it's already a past event. Please read his inquiry... Have a great day!
Hey! Not accusing you of anything o. Lol. Just bringing up a viable business solution that meets your needs. If more seminars will come up then it's the wise thing to do. However it's still your choice. Peace bro.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 05, 2016
jayfierce:
Hey! Not accusing you of anything o. Lol. Just bringing up a viable business solution that meets your needs. If more seminars will come up then it's the wise thing to do. However it's still your choice. Peace bro.
Cheers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DemiDabbs: 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
Hi everyone
Pls when is the best time for me to apply for visa if i want to travel middle of January?

Also, i was in the US for 5 months this year on a visit visa (i can work from anywhere in the world) At POE in the US i said i was staying for 2 weeks and ended up staying for 5 months (very long story) Please do you think this would affect my application?

I still have a valid US visa and i have been to the UK and UAE for travel history
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 8:46am On Nov 06, 2016
DemiDabbs:
Hi everyone
Pls when is the best time for me to apply for visa if i want to travel middle of January?

Also, i was in the US for 5 months this year on a visit visa (i can work from anywhere in the world) At POE in the US i said i was staying for 2 weeks and ended up staying for 5 months (very long story) Please do you think this would affect my application?

I still have a valid US visa and i have been to the UK and UAE for travel history
Someone just asked a similar question on the best time to apply. Please kindly read a few steps back.

I have to be straightforward with you as per your 5 months visit, it may bring questions as to why you stayed that long on a visit and your job actually doesn't show strong ties to your home country. Assets, family, and other businesses are other ways to show strong ties.

I used to believe that having a US visa or extensive travel history gives an easy Canadian Visa. That's a misconception. Please prepare.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (1106) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Opemipo2107, Educhopper(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.