Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2307532 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:16am On Oct 28, 2016
awelekiti:
On personal asset and finance, I've never presented any landed property or survey documents to support my applications in any of the embassies I had applied to, for visas in the past. If you forgot to submit a particular document in your paper application for instance, you could go to Anifowoshe in Lagos yourself (or send it via a courier to them if you're not resident in lagos) with a letter to back it up and hand it to the security at the gate who will help take it inside for you and acknowledged a copy of the letter you brought to back your documents. Landed property for instance can be voluminous, scanning and sending such online could be cumbersome at times. Mine is like an epistle together with my building plans' docs lol, even though I've never submitted one in the past.
Sorry but I can't help wondering if you have your own personal IRCC different from what we know. Maybe you've got some contacts in IRCC. Abeg link me oh. I still get other family people when I like get this visa. cheesy. It's nice though and gives hope but hope is a terrible thing on the scaffold.

IRCC states that you cannot add to your application once submitted. It seems you suggest a dual standard of operation and I might as well accuse them of irregularities in following their own regulations.

Also it's not legally possible to add to your application because you have already signed that it's complete to the best of your knowledge. Only IRCC can request for documents legally speaking. The security guard you mentioned would probably hand over that letter and it will be junked.

Now IRCC combines assets and financial status. If your financial status is good they may overlook the asset. In fact it is stated on the guide notes for the officers:
"To assess the adequacy of a visitor's financial resources, you may exercise discretion in the documentation you request from applicants. In situations where applicants generally pose a low risk regarding funds, you may choose to limit or waive routine requirements for documentary evidence"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/intake/proof.asp

Based on the information above, I HIGHLY recommend submitting assets please. I don't water down any requirement because that could just be what could save your application. My motto: Bazooka them with what they want and watch them fall over to give you a visa. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeus001(m): 10:17am On Oct 28, 2016
bigfido:
So I got refusal letter today after 161 days. The documents I didn't submit like I said came back to haunt me. Wish I knew about the forum before apply.

Reasons ticked are
1) personal assets and financial situation
2) purpose of visit
3) current employment status

I really don't know what made me not to attach those documents. It's painful.

I will type the letter for purpose of visit and submit my asset documents. This time of course has to be paper route.

For the employment status, asides from ticking the self employed route and the document I submitted, I was told I am supposed to write a letter on the company letterhead stating my role.

Anyways. Goodluck to those still waiting. Will let you guys know when I am ready to reapply

So sorry bro. After all this time. This is very scary o. Couldn't they just ask for more documents? At least give opportunity to even explain one's self before making a final decision. Na wa. My own fear is that I have a virgin passport. The only country I've been to is Cameroon and I know that one doesn't count. Am really worried now. Abeg guys will the virgin passport count against me? I know there's no rule book for that perse but what are my chances?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 28, 2016
jayfierce:

Sorry but I can't help wondering if you have your own personal IRCC different from what we know. Maybe you've got some contacts in IRCC. Abeg link me oh. I still get other family people when I like get this visa. cheesy. It's nice though and gives hope but hope is a terrible thing on the scaffold.

IRCC states that you cannot add to your application once submitted. It seems you suggest a dual standard of operation and I might as well accuse them of irregularities in following their own regulations.

Also it's not legally possible to add to your application because you have already signed that it's complete to the best of your knowledge. Only IRCC can request for documents legally speaking. The security guard you mentioned would probably hand over that letter and it will be junked.

Now IRCC combines assets and financial status. If your financial status is good they may overlook the asset. In fact it is stated on the guide notes for the officers:
"To assess the adequacy of a visitor's financial resources, you may exercise discretion in the documentation you request from applicants. In situations where applicants generally pose a low risk regarding funds, you may choose to limit or waive routine requirements for documentary evidence"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/intake/proof.asp

Based on the information above, I HIGHLY recommend submitting assets please. I don't water down any requirement because that could just be what could save your application. My motto: Bazooka them with what they want and watch them fall over to give you a visa. Lol.
I totally agree with you. There's an adage that says different strokes for different folks. I had forgot to include my Order Confirmations and marriage certificate in my CIC application in the past which were enough to refuse my application because I couldn't have said I was going for inspection of my equipment production stage without any evidence of transaction to back it up. likewise, I stateed on the application form that I'm married but how could the cic have been satisfied with my claim if I didn't submit a marriage certificate copy? What I simply did was a letter to back it up. I was up north busy with a project at the time I was gathering my application docs. Due to my tight schedule, I printed most of the documents, filled the form a night preceding the application submission date so in the process, I forgot the aforementioned. I submitted like that to vfs without knowing. The moment I realised this, I quickly wrote a letter on my coy letterhead, stating the reason for forgetting those documents . I Included evidence of northern project which occupied my time. . . Also made a copy of my flight ticket down to Lagos for this purpose... I made a photocopy of the letter which was acknowledged by a staff inside, with stamp and date. The security first looked through the documents after which he said wait here for me pls, at the security post. The letter wasn't junked...embassy takes documents seriously. They make mistakes too...it all depends on the way you present yourself at times. I deliberately made a copy to be acknowledged to be sure it got in their hands inside. My visa was later granted. Another instance, if you could recollect a day I posted a comment here that my Technician Applied for a TRV via paper route and he was panicking thereafter because of some mistakes he made on the family Information form, I told him to write the cic and submit a corrected family form(please look for that post for details). His visa was granted! It's always good to be on a safer side by getting things done right from the onset though, but if a mistake was made and discovered after you've signed your application and submitted...if you have enough evidence to proof for the error of omission or commission, please don't hesitate to act. Don't wait for them to ask because they may never do. There are some instances which could warrant that you wait for the cic or IRCC to contact you before you submit a doc but not on the requirements you already know you've fallen short of. On the property/asset document, I said 'please do' in bracket, in my earlier comment, because those vital documents required are inexhaustible. Bombard them with as many vital documents as possible at your disposal, since that's what they want.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:12am On Oct 28, 2016
zeus001:

So sorry bro. After all this time. This is very scary o. Couldn't they just ask for more documents? At least give opportunity to even explain one's self before making a final decision. Na wa. My own fear is that I have a virgin passport. The only country I've been to is Cameroon and I know that one doesn't count. Am really worried now. Abeg guys will the virgin passport count against me? I know there's no rule book for that perse but what are my chances?
No document stands or is viewed in isolation. They support your application and each other. That's why they are called supporting documents. All i could get from the guide notes:
"Is travel consistent with local customs or practices? Has the person travelled before?"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/admissibility.asp

@Bigfido, you could take a look at this if you haven't done so already. It answers many of your questions.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:30am On Oct 28, 2016
awelekiti:
I totally agree with you. There's an adage that says different strokes for different folks. I had forgot to include my Order Confirmations and marriage certificate in my CIC application in the past which were enough to refuse my application because I couldn't have said I was going for inspection of my equipment production stage without any evidence of transaction to back it up. likewise, I stateed on the application form that I'm married but how could the cic have been satisfied with my claim if I didn't submit a marriage certificate copy? What I simply did was a letter to back it up. I was up north busy with a project at the time I was gathering my application docs. Due to my tight schedule, I printed most of the documents, filled the form a night preceding the application submission date so in the process, I forgot the aforementioned. I submitted like that to vfs without knowing. The moment I realised this, I quickly wrote a letter on my coy letterhead, stating the reason for forgetting those documents . I Included evidence of northern project which occupied my time. . . Also made a copy of my flight ticket down to Lagos for this purpose... I made a photocopy of the letter which was acknowledged by a staff inside, with stamp and date. The security first looked through the documents after which he said wait here for me pls, at the security post. The letter wasn't junked...embassy takes documents seriously. They make mistakes too...it all depends on the way you present yourself at times. I deliberately made a copy to be acknowledged to be sure it got in their hands inside. My visa was later granted. Another instance, if you could recollect a day I posted a comment here that my Technician Applied for a TRV via paper route and he was panicking thereafter because of some mistakes he made on the family Information form, I told him to write the cic and submit a corrected family form(please look for that post for details). His visa was granted! It's always good to be on a safer side by getting things done right from the onset though, but if a mistake was made and discovered after you've signed your application and submitted...if you have enough evidence to proof for the error of omission or commission, please don't hesitate to act. Don't wait for them to ask because they may never do. There are some instances which could warrant that you wait for the cic or IRCC to contact you before you submit a doc but not on the requirements you already know you've fallen short of. On the property/asset document, I said 'please do' in bracket, in my earlier comment, because those vital documents required are inexhaustible. Bombard them with as many vital documents as possible at your disposal, since that's what they want.
My question is what year was this? What rules were in place when you applied? IRCC already said that they overlook some documents especially when you pose a low risk in that area financially. I believe this also applies to every other area including family ties.

As for your technician. There's a lady on this forum who made mistakes on her family information form and she was still given the visa. She didn't write any letter to the embassy. You may wish to read up on her story.

What I state here is the current standard of practice. Sorry to digress to a different country but even the US embassy states that you should not provide documents to the officer except he requests for them. There are legalities involved in it.

We need go to with the times and current rules and regulations. Let's not imagine that we can do what is not recommended and get away with it. Let's not go against the stated rules and regulations of IRCC.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
jayfierce:

My question is what year was this? What rules were in place when you applied? IRCC already said that they overlook some documents especially when you pose a low risk in that area financially. I believe this also applies to every other area including family ties.

As for your technician. There's a lady on this forum who made mistakes on her family information form and she was still given the visa. She didn't write any letter to the embassy. You may wish to read up on her story.

What I state here is the current standard of practice. Sorry to digress to a different country but even the US embassy states that you should not provide documents to the officer except he requests for them. There are legalities involved in it.

We need go to with the times and current rules and regulations. Let's not imagine that we can do what is not recommended and get away with it. Let's not go against the stated rules and regulations of IRCC.
I don't know when what rules were made but there's one thing I know, if the purpose of visit isn't included in the application form, I couldn't have got the visa on the cic's discretion. It's just like saying you want to enter a university without an admission letter. I'm sure if I didn't submit the order confirmation and marriage certificate, I need no soothsayers to tell me the outcome of my application because I couldn't have been granted based on the fact that I had been going before. This was done a couple of years back. On the applicant you mentioned, it's possible her visa was granted without looking at mistakes made and that could be on the visa officer's discretion but I'm just wondering what information of the applicant will the CIC enter on her profile on the system. I advise such an applicant does an affidavit on the next application to correct that mistake else, she stands a risk of refusal except she decides to continue to maintain the old profile in which she made that mistake. My point here isn't that an applicant should flout visa rules or ignore relevant requirements. But if a mistake was made or a document was forgotten , which is inevitable, don't overlook it because they say this or that...you contact them and explain to be on a safe side. It's the VO's discretion to show mercy on you and have mistakes corrected and if any applicant deliberately ignores certain key areas, the applicant will have him/herself to blame later. If I had just waived the documents I omitted, I would have still been regretting my carelessness by now. In 2014 a German embassy, I submitted a letter with a wrong heading. Instead of stating Germany Training, I stated Hungary Training...I forgot to edit the heading of the letter which I used for my Hungarian visa application in abuja earlier. The embassy also said once an application is submitted, you don't submit anything thereafter. I wrote them an ordinary email. My email was acknowledged. I got a 3-week visa. Had I assumed it would be waived or because they said they won't accept any additional info once an application has been submitted, I could have been refused eventually.

There's no problems as you digressed. If it's the same US Embassy that I used to know till last year June, if you made a mistake on a submitted application even after scheduling an appointment, you can correct it and keep the corrected copy till the date of interview. But immediately after you corrected the error, you must scan a copy and send to them by email. You ay find out this, if in doubt On the appointment date, you have to notify the visa officer of this. The VO will collect the one you corrected and discard the one with error. Though the error would have been corrected by the VO before interview date provided you act fast within the stipulated time.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 12:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
From my own perspective, the below in quotes is often used to determine fate of applicants from Nigeria;

"Even if the person’s ties to the home country seem to be strong, there may be other factors in the general economic or political environment which make the long-term prospects for the person or their family unstable. Consider these factors in the assessment."

This makes visa application somewhat complex for us.

@awelekiti, Don't you think it's better they request for the additional documents if they are not not satisfied with ones submitted? I somewhat read where some people were beckoned to submit additional docs, rather than applicants submitting it themselves based on their own discretion.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 12:41pm On Oct 28, 2016
RedReact:
From my own perspective, the below in quotes is often used to determine fate of applicants from Nigeria;

"Even if the person’s ties to the home country seem to be strong, there may be other factors in the general economic or political environment which make the long-term prospects for the person or their family unstable. Consider these factors in the assessment."

This makes visa application somewhat complex for us
Yes. I really wish many would just read it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 28, 2016
RedReact:

This makes visa application somewhat complex for us.

@awelekiti, Don't you think it's better they request for the additional documents if they are not not satisfied with ones submitted? I somewhat read where some people were beckoned to submit additional docs, rather than applicants submitting it themselves based on their own discretion.
I tell you bro. I also read it on CIC website before now. I don't blame them. How can somebody be on a wait line for good 6 months panicky, because he/she wants to obtain a visa to another country? Is it heaven? I blame it all on the yeye past leaders who inflicted corruption on this generation. I used to blame those leaders who agitated for our independence because they did so on their selfish means. We were not ripe for it then. I read in-depth about each of them vis a vis their actions after independence... it's appalling! All their family members are still in government till today. I'm glad south Africa independence came very late though not easy for them, the place would have been worse than Nigeria in terms of development by now. If you are gainfully employed in south Africa, you don't need to go elsewhere for job or vacation except you're a businessman who wants to explore more opportunities because virtually what they have there are also available elsewhere...be it resorts, beautiful edifices nice infrastructure, etc. I hope this generation would 'wise up' and reject the so-called leaders dictates. They're all the same.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2016
^^^
Are we, the followers, ready for a Nigeria we will be proud of? I have stopped blaming the leaders because we are not ready to take the future by our hands. The western countries don't have 2 heads.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
RedReact:
^^^
Are we, the followers, ready for a Nigeria we will be proud of? I have stopped blaming the leaders because we are not ready to take the future by our hands. The western countries don't have 2 heads.
They don't have 2 heads but our leaders keep saying 'yes sir' to them. They embezzle money here and still take it there to invest....an attitude tantamount to feeding somebody who is already full. There's a former south south governor who has one of the best hotels in buffalo, upstate NY. I've spotted him on 2 occasions in that property. If such a hotel was situated in say, a city in the south south where he hails from, that would have created some employment to people and revenue to govt. They're many of them in the south west too, who have properties spread across the globe feeding foreign countries at the expense of their people. For me oo, I still blame them for their callous minds. But if we're united, serious and determined, we can still write their wrongs.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2016
bigfido:
So I got refusal letter today after 161 days. The documents I didn't submit like I said came back to haunt me. Wish I knew about the forum before apply.

Reasons ticked are
1) personal assets and financial situation
2) purpose of visit
3) current employment status

I really don't know what made me not to attach those documents. It's painful.

I will type the letter for purpose of visit and submit my asset documents. This time of course has to be paper route.

For the employment status, asides from ticking the self employed route and the document I submitted, I was told I am supposed to write a letter on the company letterhead stating my role.

Anyways. Goodluck to those still waiting. Will let you guys know when I am ready to reapply

Are you married?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RossMehn: 7:44pm On Oct 28, 2016
My sister got refused visa after 161 days reason
A) Purpose of travel
She applied for tourist/visiting visa wrote a detailed letter of what and where she intended on visiting . How then can u refuse someone based on purpose of travel is tourist visa not for vacationing. I don't understand can someone pls help me understand
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
I wish to apply for Canadian Tourist Visa in next summer 2017. I'm going to spend 2 weeks as a tourist. I have Irish Green Card here in Ireland and i'm married with children. I'm studying but working part time. I have visited the UK twice in 2004 and 2006. However, there is no Canadian embassy here in Ireland. I will be in Nigeria for holiday around that time but i am not sure if the Canadian embassy will accept my application in Nigeria as i have family ties in Ireland and as Ireland is my country of residence?. In addition, i also have landed property in Nigeria & with my old company's cert i registered in 2008 but i've not been running the company. I can also provide my Nigerian accounts wink. If it can be possible to apply in Nigeria during my holiday, after biometric in Nigeria will i also submit my original passport? or can't i send my passport down to Nigeria after my holiday in Nigeria?

Canadian tourist visa experts, over to you please! grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2016
RossMehn:
My sister got refused visa after 161 days reason
A) Purpose of travel
She applied for tourist/visiting visa wrote a detailed letter of what and where she intended on visiting . How then can u refuse someone based on purpose of travel is tourist visa not for vacationing. I don't understand can someone pls help me understand
Sorry about that. There's more to it. When my sibling was refused, purpose of visit was ticked. The GCMS notes revealed the problem to be the course of study.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
dotcomnamename:
I wish to apply for Canadian Tourist Visa in next summer 2017. I'm going to spend 2 weeks as a tourist. I have Irish Green Card here in Ireland and i'm married with children. I'm studying but working part time. I have visited the UK twice in 2004 and 2006. However, there is no Canadian embassy here in Ireland. I will be in Nigeria for holiday around that time but i am not sure if the Canadian embassy will accept my application in Nigeria as i have family ties in Ireland and as Ireland is my country of residence?. In addition, i also have landed property in Nigeria & with my old company's cert i registered in 2008 but i've not been running the company. I can also provide my Nigerian accounts wink. If it can be possible to apply in Nigeria during my holiday, after biometric in Nigeria will i also submit my original passport? or can't i send my passport down to Nigeria after my holiday in Nigeria?

Canadian tourist visa experts, over to you please!
If you require your passport then go for online application. Capture your biometrics at a center close to you in Nigeria or UK.

Much has already been said about documenation. Read through the forum and read a few steps back to the guide notes used by the immigration Officers.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 9:13pm On Oct 28, 2016
jayfierce:
If you require your passport then go for online application. Capture your biometrics at a center close to you in Nigeria or UK.

Much has already been said about documenation. Read through the forum and read a few steps back to the guide notes used by the immigration Officers.

Thanks, but i'm not sure if i will be in Ireland so i can go to UK by then because i will be in Nigeria for holiday during the period. Lets say i capture my biometric in Nigeria during my holiday, what if my online application is successful and if i'm required to submit passport for visa, what if i've already returned to Ireland with my original passport? How will i then submit my passport? To where?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
dotcomnamename:

Thanks, but i'm not sure if i will be in Ireland so i can go to UK by then because i will be in Nigeria for holiday during the period. Lets say i capture my biometric in Nigeria during my holiday, what if my online application is successful and if i'm required to submit passport for visa, what if i've already returned to Ireland with my original passport? How will i then submit my passport? To where?
You can courier your passport to the Visa Fasttrack Service (VFS) Centre in Nigeria and pay the courier company for the return service to the Ireland if your application is approved. Please make this arrangement known to the embassy as soon as passport is requested . You may ask about DHL Service Point in your location. It's the most convenient means of sending documents and sensitive materials, the world over. There are also other courier companies offering service point delivery service. They may or may not ask you to open an account with them for this service. We use this a lot in sending device and sensitive parts to our partners overseas. Alternatively, you may contact the vfs direct to guide you on this service when needed. Cheers.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:45pm On Oct 28, 2016
dotcomnamename:

You can submit your passport to the nearest VAC center and pay fees for transmission of your passport to the embassy. If you are submitting your passport to the same VAC where you captured your biometrics then transmission is free.

Please note that you have no business talking to the embassy. All passport requests are handled by the VAC. If the VAC is far from you, you can courier your passport to the VAC. Ensure all relevant fees are paid including courier or use a self addressed return courier.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RossMehn: 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
jayfierce:

Sorry about that. There's more to it. When my sibling was refused, purpose of visit was ticked. The GCMS notes revealed the problem to be the course of study.

Bros pls how do we go about applying for this GCMS notes and how much does it cost
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:53pm On Oct 28, 2016
RossMehn:

Bros pls how do we go about applying for this GCMS notes and how much does it cost
Costs $5. If you are not in Canada then you would need someone to help you apply.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 11:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
awelekiti:
You can courier your passport to the Visa Fasttrack Service (VFS) Centre in Nigeria and pay the courier company for the return service to the Ireland if your application is approved. Please make this arrangement known to the embassy as soon as passport is requested . You may ask about DHL Service Point in your location. It's the most convenient means of sending documents and sensitive materials, the world over. There are also other courier companies offering service point delivery service. They may or may not ask you to open an account with them for this service. We use this a lot in sending device and sensitive parts to our partners overseas. Alternatively, you may contact the vfs direct to guide you on this service when needed. Cheers.

Thank you for your comment. I still wonder if the Canadian embassy won't insist i apply from my country of residence? I can do my biometric in UK because where i live in Ireland is just about 40 to 50 minutes drive to the UK, but i will be in Nigeria for holiday by then, for that reason i can do my biometric in Nigeria during my visit? However, i'm still not sure if the Canadian embassy will accept my application in Nigeria if they won't say i must apply in Ireland? Although there is no Canadian embassy or VFS Canadian visa application submission centre here in Ireland. What do you think? Also will they accept my ties to Ireland? or my ties to Nigeria and my Nigerian bank statements since i don't live there? I have no idea about Canadian visa application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 11:11pm On Oct 28, 2016
jayfierce:

You can submit your passport to the nearest VAC center and pay fees for transmission of your passport to the embassy. If you are submitting your passport to the same VAC where you captured your biometrics then transmission is free.

Please note that you have no business talking to the embassy. All passport requests are handled by the VAC. If the VAC is far from you, you can courier your passport to the VAC. Ensure all relevant fees are paid including courier or use a self addressed return courier.

Thank you for your reply. Kindly respond to my reply to awelekiti.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nampofo: 11:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
Please I have received email to send my passport to CVAC. I applied to attend a workshop between 2-6 dec in Toronto. Can I change the purpose and date of travel to attend another workshop in Toronto between 24-30 November? Do I need to inform CIC? Please help.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yinkslinks(m): 12:43am On Oct 29, 2016
They wont cus u have no tie in nigeria. my uncle has irish papers and was refused schengen in nigeria. its so crazy
dotcomnamename:

Canadian tourist visa experts, over to you please! grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 1:18am On Oct 29, 2016
awelekiti:
So sorry about this bigfido, after such a long wait. However, no hope is lost. Please in your next application, do a board resolution, it helps a lot especially for me. I didn't even know you were self-employed. Have somebody eg, your staff or wife introduce you on a letterhead as the founder and CEO of your company who intends to visit Canada and purpose. My wife does this most of the time, including the board resolution, for me. A sample had been posted earlier. You may also design your own. On personal asset and finance, I've never presented any landed property or survey documents to support my applications in any of the embassies I had applied to, for visas in the past. I'm not saying you shouldn't present one in your next application(pls do), just sharing my experience. I hope you submitted enough evidence of funds with your application...like a reasonable and well run bank account. What about invoices, bills of lading or Airway bills from your business partners overseas, Letter(s) of Authorisation as a distributor/representative from your manufacturers overseas(if you're into foreign business)? What about a salary account for yourself because you must have a salary account to show and to prove to the embassy that you're also a responsible and accountable business owner. I do transfer a reasonable amount from my corporate account to my saving account every month and tag it...SALARY FOR THE MONTH OF XYZ. After all it's my money. I may or may not exhaust it. Each year, I increase my salary and I'd ask my staff to do a letter of increment and document it for me. Whenever I'm renewing my visa, I'd include the letter in my documents. Kindly address all these in your next application. Try a paper route application as you said. It's got its advantages. If you forgot to submit a particular document in your paper application for instance, you could go to Anifowoshe in Lagos yourself (or send it via a courier to them if you're not resident in lagos) with a letter to back it up and hand it to the security at the gate who will help take it inside for you and acknowledged a copy of the letter you brought to back your documents. Landed property for instance can be voluminous, scanning and sending such online could be cumbersome at times. Mine is like an epistle together with my building plans' docs lol, even though I've never submitted one in the past. I often wonder how some applicants manage to upload such a heavy document one after the other. With paper application, you can add as many relevant documents as possible since that's what they want. Good luck next time.

Thanks man! i know all these things o.. i don't know why i didn't include the documents. i made my fears known about my application immediately i saw all my errors. will refire next year

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 1:25am On Oct 29, 2016
Thank you to everyone that replied! i am so elated! i will let you guys know when i am ready to refire!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 6:39am On Oct 29, 2016
yinkslinks:
They wont cus u have no tie in nigeria. my uncle has irish papers and was refused schengen in nigeria. its so crazy

Hmmmm so all my ties must be in Nigeria, not Ireland. Nawa O!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yinkslinks(m): 6:56am On Oct 29, 2016
Yes cus what will you tell them you do in Nigeria? nothing. Canada does some kind of useless verification i dont know keeping your passport for 63 days grin grin grin grin grin grin. Your ireland is same too. I feel you should ask the embassy in uk how to go about it.
dotcomnamename:

Hmmmm so all my ties must be in Nigeria, not Ireland. Nawa O!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 29, 2016
dotcomnamename:

Thank you for your comment. I still wonder if the Canadian embassy won't insist i apply from my country of residency? I can do my biometric in UK because where i live in Ireland is just about 40 to 50 minutes drive to the UK, but i will be in Nigeria for holiday by then, for that reason i can do my biometric in Nigeria during my visit? However, i'm still not sure if the Canadian embassy will accept my application in Nigeria if they won't say i must apply in Ireland? Although there is no Canadian embassy or VFS Canadian visa application submission centre here in Ireland. What do you think? Also will they accept my ties to Ireland? or my ties to Nigeria and my Nigerian bank statements since i don't live there? I have no idea about Canadian visa application.
It's ok. I've read your previous posts before I replied you earlier. If you ask me, UK VAC is much closer to you so I'd have suggested you apply via the VAC in the UK as canada doesn't have an Office in Ireland. But since you'd be in Nigeria on holiday during this time, you can always apply here in Nigeria and have your Biometric taken here as well. You apply with the required documents, including your bank and asset details both in Nigeria and Ireland. However, please clarify with the Embassy before you apply. Send an email to them at lagos@international.gc.ca or lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca. Make the email subject 'URGENT HELP NEEDED'. I'm sure they'd reply you promptly. You'd be guided on how to go about your application as well. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 29, 2016
nampofo:
Please I have received email to send my passport to CVAC. I applied to attend a workshop between 2-6 dec in Toronto. Can I change the purpose and date of travel to attend another workshop in Toronto between 24-30 November? Do I need to inform CIC? Please help.
Please don't complicate things for yourself. Since your passport has been requested, you should be dancing skelewu grin. Whether you refuse to attend any workshop or not, it's immaterial here. After your passport is stamped and returned to you, you may now choose how you want to plan your trip anytime you want....even against next year, provided your visa validity can accommodate that

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Facosco(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.