Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,490 members, 7,847,023 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:35 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (821) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2377626 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) ... (1120) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mikeayus(m): 6:59pm On Jul 08, 2023
zeb04:
MY VISA IS OUT.

8 months of waiting, 8 months since i got my offer letter. 8 months of waiting, 8 months of praying, 8 months of fear that my employer will be tired of the wait.

Finally!! Finally! Thank you Jesus. All the glory to you

Congrats...please what kind of job did you get and how did you apply? I'm also interested in getting a job from here..thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by webm: 7:16pm On Jul 08, 2023
I was reading the VFS instruction for passport submission and saw this item:
A copy of your biometrics sticker, if applicable

What does that mean? I don't think I have such a sticker. One thing that looks like a sticker was pasted on the photocopy of my passport photograph.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 7:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
tunjilana:

I know what B1/B2 and non-immigrant visa means. I have had that for close to a decade.

My specific question is to anyone who currently holds a valid U.S non immigrant visa (B1/B2 or any other category) and has processed a canadian visitor's visa, to please share their experience as to how their U.S. non immigrant visa helped(or otherwise) the process.

Your initial response was about travel history and the question on the portal goes beyond travel history, they were specific about holding a VALID U.S. non-immigrant visa..... and not just if u have travel history or if you have visited U.S. before or if u have visited UK or somewhere eles before

Yea, i also saw that. They asked "Do you hold a valid US visa?" and if you choose Yes, you are asked for the VISA number. I have submitted my application since May 31st and still waiting for feedback. It is still on background check status
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zee1816: 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
Hello everybody, please my sister just got passport request for herself, spouse and child. Since the child did not do biometrics how do they pay for her transmission? Can they pay online or at VFS when they go for submission? Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jamesobedbaisel: 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2023
Hello all. I need guidance on how to apply Canada visit visa as a tourist. Information on how to book hotels and the rest. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 8:02pm On Jul 08, 2023
How long does it take to get ones passport back after submission in person, at Vfs Lagos.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lanrebobokay: 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2023
Ruskov:

The way you said it cracked me up. Not that you do not know what u saying grin of course you do.

Well i have tried to contact them and also sent a mail to Abuja and Nairobi hopefully someone would respond soon. is it advisable to request for the passports back and how do i go about it?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 08, 2023
Lanrebobokay:

Well i have tried to contact them and also sent a mail to Abuja and Nairobi hopefully someone would respond soon. is it advisable to request for the passports back and how do i go about it?

Its Weekend. They would not check emails as today is Rest day. Positive send an email to them come Monday. Especially very early in the morning. Kenya is about 2 Hours ahead of Nigeria. You can schedule then and send emails to them.

Best of Luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
When your passport is ready for collection in Lagos they will notify you

Succeed04:
How long does it take to get ones passport back after submission in person, at Vfs Lagos.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lanrebobokay: 8:31pm On Jul 08, 2023
Ruskov:

Its Weekend. They would not check emails as today is Rest day. Positive send an email to them come Monday. Especially very early in the morning. Kenya is about 2 Hours ahead of Nigeria. You can schedule then and send emails to them.

Best of Luck.

OK THANK YOU
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FatherFigure: 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2023
Emmafe:
You can use ups or dhl. Vfs use ups for home delivery after ur passport is stamped. For duration let say 1-2weeks if you send to Abuja n will use vfs courier. If you’ll pickup yourself in Abuja, let say 3-5days.

Can i not send to Lagos ? This is because i applied from Lagos.

Regards,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tossy1231: 9:28pm On Jul 08, 2023
Emmafe:
You’ll still need to make your own research, anything you don’t understand you can ask for clarification. If you can check my previous replies I’ve answered the steps and documents needed more than fours times. Go to my profiles n check my post, I’m sure you’ll see answers to your question.

Can u share me the links cuz I have check Ur profile but it was not there . Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 10:11pm On Jul 08, 2023
FatherFigure:

Can i not send to Lagos ? This is because i applied from Lagos.

Regards,
You can send to Lagos, Abuja is just faster.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 10:12pm On Jul 08, 2023
jamesobedbaisel:
Hello all. I need guidance on how to apply Canada visit visa as a tourist. Information on how to book hotels and the rest. Thank you
You don’t need to book anything until your visa is approved. Just work on home ties, pof n good sop.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 10:13pm On Jul 08, 2023
Zee1816:
Hello everybody, please my sister just got passport request for herself, spouse and child. Since the child did not do biometrics how do they pay for her transmission? Can they pay online or at VFS when they go for submission? Thank you
Pay into vfs account, attach the proof from mobile app.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AskGod07: 10:19pm On Jul 08, 2023
You can only book for hotel reservation with Free cancellation and No prepayment needed on booking.com

Mind you will need dollar card to book for the hotel reservation

jamesobedbaisel:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 10:20pm On Jul 08, 2023
Tossy1231:

Can u share me the links cuz I have check Ur profile but it was not there . Thanks

Home tie: Job, business, properties, investment, relatives & extended families.

POF: This will depend on your purpose of visit. Make sure you’ve enough, they want to be sure you’re not spending all your money on the trip. I will advise you’ve X3 of your trip budget as pof.

SOP: Since there’s no visa interview, this is an opportunity to tell the VO why your application should be approved. Talk about why you’re going to Canada, purpose of your trip, if it’s for tourism list all the itineraries you’ve in plan.

Submit any document you feel will proof all the points. Also use the new portal for your application. Success!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jamesobedbaisel: 10:39pm On Jul 08, 2023
Emmafe:
You don’t need to book anything until your visa is approved. Just work on home ties, pof n good sop.

With pof what’s the minimum for visitors visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AskGod07: 10:49pm On Jul 08, 2023
Is Airfrance or KLM with 1 stopover require transit visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tunjilana: 12:07am On Jul 09, 2023
overlord77:

Yea, i also saw that. They asked "Do you hold a valid US visa?" and if you choose Yes, you are asked for the VISA number. I have submitted my application since May 31st and still waiting for feedback. It is still on background check status

Thanks for the response.

Did you provide any POF, if yes, did you upload it as additional document, considering that there is no item for that in the list of documents
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 12:14am On Jul 09, 2023
affoncad:

Many of you are agents and l know ur ways...ruskov claim to be in russia and join last month and suddently turn immigration guru quoting ircc website to misleading people...some nigerians are on the street in ontario or sleeping homeles shelter already due to all this wicked info and agent claiming u can change to wp easily ,my advice to people coming have a backup plan if donot want to be illegal or homeless on the street..and people who continue hail.falsehood ..reality will open ur eyes when u land..then we shall know who is right or wrong!

You better let the matter rest.
Let them be dreaming of the impossibility of LMIA.
They should be listening to someone hiding in the corner of his room, quoting them website and google search.

It shall be well with all of us.
Goodluck to anyone going that route.
I'm out 🚶
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 12:19am On Jul 09, 2023
Go through this link for more info: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=043&top=4
gr8femfred:
Good day sir,
I have the UCI AND APPLICATION NUMBER BUT I DONT KNW HOW TO CHANGE THE MAIL OR HOW TO GO ABOUT IT .. I WILL APPRECIATE IF I CAN HAVE THE LINK

THANKS

[Qquote author=Newbiein2016 post=124273230]Do you have the UCI and application number? Do check online if it's possible to change email address. I saw somewhere a while ago where someone did this through webform.

Ask the agent for a copy of the completed form and use this to request a change in email address.

If it's possible since you've not done biometrics, withdraw this application and do it yourself. Judging by the flippant response stating your wrong date of birth is not an issue (which it is, if not addressed), I wonder if there are no other gaps in your application.

I'm very wary of agents and it has exacerbated because of the multiple complaints I've seen on this and other travel threads, so my advise might be on the extreme end of the spectrum

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 12:22am On Jul 09, 2023
No. If you have a stopover in two or more Schengen countries, then a transit visa will be required.

AskGod07:

Is Airfrance or KLM with 1 stopover require transit visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 12:38am On Jul 09, 2023
If you go through this thread, you'll see that this has been discussed before and someone even shared a good suggestion above.

For CAN+, there is no POF section so most people who include this to demonstrate strong ties attach the financial docs to the closest related option e.g. Upload this as additional doc, or merge POF with cover letter if that makes the most sense to you.

tunjilana:

Thanks for the response.

Did you provide any POF, if yes, did you upload it as additional document, considering that there is no item for that in the list of documents
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:10am On Jul 09, 2023
jamesobedbaisel:

With pof what’s the minimum for visitors visa?
That will be based on your purpose of visit. Just make sure you’ve enough t for ur trip n something to fall back one. I just replied someone on important stuffs for a good application, please check my previous reply.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zee1816: 1:12am On Jul 09, 2023
Emmafe:
Pay into vfs account, attach the proof from mobile app.

Thank you very much
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by feek07: 10:00am On Jul 09, 2023
Please what are the questions asked before they gave you the tracking ID as am also going through the same issue

I had similar issue too. I sent mine through DHL to Abuja, and it was delivered on 6 June. I didnt get any notification from vfs. I sent several emails to them and no response, until I chatted with them yesterday on their Web live chat. I was told that the reason I didn't get notification from them was because I didn't write my email address and phone number on my document sent to them.
I was given my tracking I.D. my passport had been ready for collection since 13 June sef.

You should use there Web live chat.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chanbaby: 10:13am On Jul 09, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Sounds like a case of chargeback due to the card used to make the visa fee payment.

Did you go through an agent? How was payment of the visa fee done?

If you used an agent or someone else to make payment and have clear documentation on this i.e. emails, chats asking for payment to be made and showing you paying the naira equivalent, I'll suggest maybe including in your webform/email back to them. Due to restrictions in forex amount one can spend by a lot of Nigerian banks in the last few years, a lot of people struggled with making this payment themselves and used agents or friends for this. Downside is one can't be certain if the cards used were not fraudulent or if the people themselves are honest (and not the ones requesting a charge back for this expense).

Goodluck.

I think there is foul play witj Canadaian application payment.
A lady just had same issue and she paid the application fee by herself. Never received any refund or cashback but there was a debt claim on her profile.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chanbaby: 10:15am On Jul 09, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Sounds like a case of chargeback due to the card used to make the visa fee payment.

Did you go through an agent? How was payment of the visa fee done?

If you used an agent or someone else to make payment and have clear documentation on this i.e. emails, chats asking for payment to be made and showing you paying the naira equivalent, I'll suggest maybe including in your webform/email back to them. Due to restrictions in forex amount one can spend by a lot of Nigerian banks in the last few years, a lot of people struggled with making this payment themselves and used agents or friends for this. Downside is one can't be certain if the cards used were not fraudulent or if the people themselves are honest (and not the ones requesting a charge back for this expense).

Goodluck.

I think there is foul play with Canadaian application payment.
A lady just had same issue and she paid the application fee by herself. Never received any refund or cashback but there was a debt claim on her profile.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 11:12am On Jul 09, 2023
There's no foul play.

Did you make this payment yourself?
Do you have proof including bank statements to attest to this debit? If yes, this is a clear cut case (with the error coming from them) so just send emails/webform for reconsideration with all your supporting documents.

PS: Double check to ensure the full amount was debited. I have seen a case were only c$10 was debited instead of c$235. If not resolved, could have easily resulted in a debt to the crown situation.

If this was through an agent and you haven't visited Canada before & incurred other costs, the most likely reason is chargeback (either from use of fraudulent card or initiated directly by the agent/card owner)

Given you have an email address in your letter, it is important to contact (and chase) the relevant government agency in Canada to understand the details of the debt and the steps required to resolve it. You should get a response faster than going the gcms route in my opinion as that takes about 30days.

In parallel, you can also write in for reconsideration with all proof showing no wrong doing on your part (bank statements from you showing NGN payment, bank statement from agent showing CAD payment). Also include CBN article restricting payments to <$50 for the last few years which prompted the use of alternate channels for payment.

My take is, it doesn't hurt to do this as you already know that the worst outcome will be you needing to reapply if they decide the decision is final.

Chanbaby:

I think there is foul play with Canadaian application payment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) ... (1120) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.