Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,292 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (822) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2348704 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) ... (1112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BuildingProject: 11:22am On Jul 09, 2023
If someone received B1/B2 USA visa after they've applied for Canada TRV. Do they need to upload the USA visa to aid their application or Canada would find out one way or the other?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nimaah: 11:29am On Jul 09, 2023
You canot not secure a job with a visiting visa but can convert it to a work permit after going through a job offer..lmia and finally wotk permit...hope that helps....note one you are in Canada...look for whom to employ you...av seen someone gibe through this and is presently approved and working in Canada.its a legal way of staying in Canada
ahmedio2017:
Good day house please quick one
Is it true that one can secure job with visit visa now in Canada ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 11:38am On Jul 09, 2023
AskGod07:

You can only book for hotel reservation with Free cancellation and No prepayment needed on booking.com

Mind you will need dollar card to book for the hotel reservation

Dollar card is not necessary to make hotel reservation
I did mine with my naira master card

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 11:42am On Jul 09, 2023
Emmafe:
You don’t need to book anything until your visa is approved. Just work on home ties, pof n good sop.

So how will he proof to them that he has a place to stay if he doesn't make hotel reservation?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 09, 2023
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mysoopafly: 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2023
please advice on how one could do that. any specific email to use. thank you.

No , Not at all. They still use both. Just after sometime, its advisable to follow up and let them know you applied using that portal.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 1:22pm On Jul 09, 2023
Do you mean after you submitted your application for Canada visitor visa that you gotten your US B1/B2 visa?

Or You haven't apply for Canada visa ?

You have to submit the copy of the visa and Click Yes where they asked do you hold US non immigrant visa.

BuildingProject:
If someone received B1/B2 USA visa after they've applied for Canada TRV. Do they need to upload the USA visa to aid their application or Canada would find out one way or the other?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2023
Phemos:

So how will he proof to them that he has a place to stay if he doesn't make hotel reservation?
Your pof is enough to proof you’ve the funds for all expenses in Canada. You don’t know when your visa will be approved so why make reservations? What they focus on is homie tie, pof n good sop.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phakabir06: 1:57pm On Jul 09, 2023
BuildingProject:

I uploaded mine. It’s an addition to your application. Even when I got promoted at work I still uploaded the promotion letter. If you have the visa after the application you can use the webform and upload.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2023
Guys , I received a message my processed passport has been forwarded to the visa application office 4 days ago, ... yesterday I received another message stating that my decision envelope is on transit to ircc office and its under processing...

What does this mean?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 2:13pm On Jul 09, 2023
I sent via webform and see response below:

Do not reply to this message / Ne pas répondre à ce message

Your enquiry has been received by the Nairobi visa office. We respond to all enquiries within 28 days. Enquiries marked as urgent by the sender and deemed urgent after review will receive a response within 24 to 48 hours. If you have submitted new information, we will update your file without replying to confirm.

If you have an open application, please submit your enquiry related to your application via our website’s (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi) inquiry form, by selecting your program as the application type. This will allow your enquiry to be triaged to the office responsible for processing your application who are best placed to review your enquiry and provide you with a timely response.

For temporary resident applications, we do not accept documents sent by email if you have applied online. The email and the document sent will not be added to your application for consideration when assessing your application:

- Unsolicited document submission: all relevant documents must have been submitted at the time of your application.
- Requested document submission (online): please submit the requested document via your MyGCKey account by following the instructions noted in the request letter.

Some people say unsolicited submissions are helpful in the visa processing so if it helps your peace of mind, go ahead.

IMO, since background and eligibility checks are also carried out, I reckon they'll confirm this during their due process.

BuildingProject:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
Scroll a few pages down, I saw people posting different updates from VFS asking similar questions.

Succeed04:

Guys , I received a message my processed passport has been forwarded to the visa application office 4 days ago, ... yesterday I received another message stating that my decision envelope is on transit to ircc office and its under processing...

What does this mean?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Succeed04:

What does this mean?
You will get a pickup mail today or tomorrow.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2023
Biko anyone here with experience on WX-1 work visa? I’d like to know the documents to have at POE.

Cc Ruskov
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2023
Viking07:
You will get a pickup mail today or tomorrow.

Really? I hope so.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Scroll a few pages down, I saw people posting different updates from VFS asking similar questions.

Okay
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chizobabasilia1: 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2023
Play I would like to have your contact for some information. @samplay1
Samplay1:
Why do i always get this message whenever i want to sign up for the tracker, its not signing me up for it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phakabir06: 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2023
Newbiein2016
post=124313263:

I sent via webform and see response below:

Do not reply to this message / Ne pas répondre à ce message

Your enquiry has been received by the Nairobi visa office. We respond to all enquiries within 28 days. Enquiries marked as urgent by the sender and deemed urgent after review will receive a response within 24 to 48 hours. If you have submitted new information, we will update your file without replying to confirm.

If you have an open application, please submit your enquiry related to your application via our website’s (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi) inquiry form, by selecting your program as the application type. This will allow your enquiry to be triaged to the office responsible for processing your application who are best placed to review your enquiry and provide you with a timely response.

For temporary resident applications, we do not accept documents sent by email if you have applied online. The email and the document sent will not be added to your application for consideration when assessing your application:

- Unsolicited document submission: all relevant documents must have been submitted at the time of your application.
- Requested document submission (online): please submit the requested document via your MyGCKey account by following the instructions noted in the request letter.

Some people say unsolicited submissions are helpful in the visa processing so if it helps your peace of mind, go ahead.

IMO, since background and eligibility checks are also carried out, I reckon they'll confirm this during their due process.

Well sometimes you can’t predict those people . It’s still the same ircc that said I should provide them police certificates from the United States. I thought they should have check that too during their background checks . That was my thought o. But Iike have said it’s additional . If the visa is available let him or her upload it .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 3:49pm On Jul 09, 2023
tunjilana:

Thanks for the response.

Did you provide any POF, if yes, did you upload it as additional document, considering that there is no item for that in the list of documents

Yea, there was no specific tab for POF so I added with my additional docs area where I uploaded IV from my bro

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sundayolayemi: 4:16pm On Jul 09, 2023
Good day Guys, Please what website can someone get a direct flight to Canada with no stop. I'm asking this question because I heard that someone needs to avoid Transit Visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omotayo25: 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2023
webm:
I was reading the VFS instruction for passport submission and saw this item:
A copy of your biometrics sticker, if applicable

What does that mean? I don't think I have such a sticker. One thing that looks like a sticker was pasted on the photocopy of my passport photograph.
That little sticky paper on your photocopied passport is the sticker

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 4:30pm On Jul 09, 2023
mikeayus:

Congrats...please what kind of job did you get and how did you apply? I'm also interested in getting a job from here..thanks

I got a job in my field, i applied on jobbank, I applied from Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ABSTRUSE: 4:43pm On Jul 09, 2023
Sundayolayemi:
Good day Guys, Please what website can someone get a direct flight to Canada with no stop. I'm asking this question because I heard that someone needs to avoid Transit Visa.

None
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sundayolayemi: 4:50pm On Jul 09, 2023
ABSTRUSE:

None

Ah. So how do someone avoid the transit visa stuff
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2023
Sundayolayemi:
Its Airline not website. Make sure no stop over in two European countries or USA. You can check klm/Air France, Egypt air, Ethiopian airline, Lufthansa.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sundayolayemi: 4:57pm On Jul 09, 2023
Emmafe:
Its Airline not website. Make sure no stop over in two European countries or USA. You can check klm/Air France, Egypt air, Ethiopian airline, Lufthansa.

Thank you. Helpful as usual.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Starfol: 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2023
Please what is the current vsf courier fee, i want to send my passport via UPs tomorrow and how much does UPs charge to send to Lagos?
Also, can i use the UPs address on the vsf courier form so i just pick up from their office when returned?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 5:14pm On Jul 09, 2023
BuildingProject:

Yes, you can.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teslas: 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hello House,

Please, I want to find out if you can still do 2- way courier service with DHL after the passport request to CVAC in Lagos.

OR

You will have to do 1-way DHL and pay for VFS Logistics to return your passport to you.

But, I will prefer DHL for both sending and returning.

Anyone with this experience should share and advise.

I really appreciate anyone that can provide.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2023
My brother arrived late to his biometrics appointment, and he was told to go reschedule. He has tried multiple times to reschedule this appointment but the system keeps saying ''You are not eligible to reschedule''. It is over 24 hours now.

Please how can he resolve this issue?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ABSTRUSE: 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2023
Please, I need a very good government-approved school in IKEJA/AGEGE/Abulegba where one can take the caregiver course for a very short period.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 5:59pm On Jul 09, 2023
Nimaah:
You canot not secure a job with a visiting visa but can convert it to a work permit after going through a job offer..lmia and finally wotk permit...hope that helps....note one you are in Canada...look for whom to employ you...av seen someone gibe through this and is presently approved and working in Canada.its a legal way of staying in Canada

Please dey add to it as you advice them,lmia or getting work on a visiting visa is extremely hard now pls have a secomd plan..some men sleeping on street already with no place to go becos nothing cheap here!

(1) (2) (3) ... (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) ... (1112) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: nnemak(m), AlphaLady(f), mvphenryeto5 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.