Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,310 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (828) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2348735 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) ... (1112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lanrebobokay: 9:22am On Jul 11, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Can you firstly check: https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en to see if you have visa details

Also, can you check the IRCC Portal where you submitted the application to see if the visa approved status has changed?

If there isn't any visa number on the IRCC tracking portal, maybe the PPR letter might have sent erroneously and your application is still being reviewed.

In this case and because you've paid for tickets, maybe send webforms and emails to Lagos and Abuja with subject starting with URGENT. They review these and if deemed urgent by them, respond between 24 - 48hours.

Goodluck!

hmmmm No visa details in both tracker and IRCC portal i have sent webform and series of emails to Abuja but no response from them.
let me try and send to Lagos may be something would come up from them. funniest thing is that the application was done in 2020.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 9:22am On Jul 11, 2023
Also I think some of the automated messages from VFS are poorly written and lack clarity.

Can you track it on their portal and see if it says the same thing: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-GPTWave1/Track/Index?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+yzShCR5+RPxbigEFl/W14/B2caAAJ+pjEGG2r7ohd6rA==

Succeed04:

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lanrebobokay: 9:27am On Jul 11, 2023
SweetJJ:

Please, how many days later did you get the message to disregard the PPR and what is your timeline like? When did you submit an application and when did you get PPR?

I am about to book a flight for my mom, so I need to know if I should hold on. I am so scared right now. She got PPR yesterday but no visa details on the tracker.

Application Submitted - August 2020
Additional document requested for one of the family applicant - April 26 2023
PPR - 26th June 2023
sent passport thru Dhl - 27th June
Notification from VSF - 3rd July
Tracking num received and notification at VAO- 5th July
Disregard letter - 7th July

You see it a long journey already filled with Patience, happiness and Shock ( Sadnness)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 9:28am On Jul 11, 2023
Hola55:

Which update did you notice on the tracker as of that July 3?

I actually didn't notice any update. I was only checking the overview to see if the Visa details has dropped. But now you asked, I checked further and saw that eligibility is completed and the background is still in progress.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 9:29am On Jul 11, 2023
You won't see visa details in the IRCC Portal.

What does it say under "Application Status"?

There's currently no other way to reach them here except via email, so send to Lagos and even Nairobi.

Lanrebobokay:

hmmmm No visa details in both tracker and IRCC portal i have sent webform and series of emails to Abuja but no response from them.
let me try and send to Lagos may be something would come up from them. funniest thing is that the application was done in 2020.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 9:30am On Jul 11, 2023
Lanrebobokay:

Application Submitted - August 2020
Additional document requested for one of the family applicant - April 26 2023
PPR - 26th June 2023
sent passport thru Dhl - 27th June
Notification from VSF - 3rd July
Tracking num received and notification at VAO- 5th July
Disregard letter - 7th July

You see it a long journey already filled with Patience, happiness and Shock ( Sadnness)

OMG! It's truly sad! Still keep positive though!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 9:31am On Jul 11, 2023
Newbiein2016:

There's currently no other way to reach them here except via email, so send to Lagos and even Nairobi.

This is exactly how my moms own reads right now.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 9:32am On Jul 11, 2023
Send an email, they need to 'release' your IRCC number and yes, in my case I had to use another number to reschedule.

Ajalalomo:

You mean I should change the phone number I used to schedule the initial appointment?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 9:33am On Jul 11, 2023
As I shared earlier, don't panic. The 2 cases might not be related.

Cheers!

SweetJJ:

This is exactly how my moms own reads right now.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 9:37am On Jul 11, 2023
Newbiein2016:
As I shared earlier, don't panic. The 2 cases might not be related.

Cheers!

Was this the case you talked about that they later sent withdrawal letter? How was is supposed to read please? Do you have a screenshot of how it is supposed to read?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 9:38am On Jul 11, 2023
SweetJJ:

I actually didn't notice any update. I was only checking the overview to see if the Visa details has dropped. But now you asked, I checked further and saw that eligibility is completed and the background is still in progress.

Just wait for few days to see if you will see Visa details on the tracker, don't send your passport yet,some take days before it appears on the tracker
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tegnaworld23: 9:39am On Jul 11, 2023
Good morning all, trust you guys are doing pretty fine. Please o, I have submitted my passport for stamping since 27th of last month and received my introduction letter on the 8th of July, when do you think I will receive my passport back? Thank you all and have a wonderful day.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 9:42am On Jul 11, 2023
Madame take it easy. This is generally what it looks like. I was asking him to check and see if this status changed after they sent the withdrawal letter.

Why not wait as advised for 2 days and check the tracking portal for the visa details? This will give you peace of mind.

Honestly, what we share here is based on opinions and what worked for us in our successful applications, so we are unable to conclusively provide you with responses to ease your anxiety over this.

SweetJJ:

Was this the case you talked about that they later sent withdrawal letter? How was is supposed to read please? Do you have a screenshot of how it is supposed to read?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 9:51am On Jul 11, 2023
Good morning house
I just chatted with chiamaka About passport submitted via dhl which it was delivered on 6 nd I didn’t get any acknowledgment from them. She gave me tracking number nd I tried tracking, it was bringing out no records found meanwhile vfs hasn’t send me any messages…. Please what does this means

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 9:54am On Jul 11, 2023
Please when asked how much money do you have for your stay in Canada, for a family of 4 is 10,310 Canadian dollars okay which is 6 million naira. Calculated it based on flights , hotel and other expenses. And also bank statement shows approximately 12-13m.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lanrebobokay: 9:54am On Jul 11, 2023
Newbiein2016:

Application Status says Still in Progress

My main issue is how to get the passports back urgently so we can embark on our other proposed trip at least we have already waited for like 3 years already
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mammatuoyo: 10:04am On Jul 11, 2023
has anyone been able to book appointments in vfs for passport submission, I have been trying to book appointment for my family and it says no appointment
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 10:13am On Jul 11, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Also I think some of the automated messages from VFS are poorly written and lack clarity.

Can you track it on their portal and see if it says the same thing: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-GPTWave1/Track/Index?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+yzShCR5+RPxbigEFl/W14/B2caAAJ+pjEGG2r7ohd6rA==

I have tracked it, it says tge same thing
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 10:28am On Jul 11, 2023
Please, guys, I need the link to live chat with these vfs people so I can know the real stage of my passport
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 10:39am On Jul 11, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Send an email, they need to 'release' your IRCC number and yes, in my case I had to use another number to reschedule.

Ok thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 11:03am On Jul 11, 2023
Children do not need biometric so o want yo ask if they are to pay transmission fee when submitting passport for stamping?

Josephb

Pls i just realized that i need to pay transmission fee for my daughter, i have already sent her passport. How do i pay and let them know that i have?

Emmafe do you have an idea?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:09am On Jul 11, 2023
Succeed04:
Please, guys, I need the link to live chat with these vfs people so I can know the real stage of my passport
https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/8080/livechat5.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:10am On Jul 11, 2023
zeb04:
Children do not need biometric so o want yo ask if they are to pay transmission fee when submitting passport for stamping?

Emmafe , Josephb
Yes, I’ve seen ppl with children mentioned it many times.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:11am On Jul 11, 2023
mammatuoyo:
has anyone been able to book appointments in vfs for passport submission, I have been trying to book appointment for my family and it says no appointment
If there’s no appointment, use courier
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 11, 2023
Lanrebobokay:

No visa details on your IRCC dashboard means your application is under process, yet to be approved. I’d advise you focus on retrieving your passport.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 11:15am On Jul 11, 2023
Emmafe:
Yes, I’ve seen ppl with children mentioned it many times.

I made a mistake, i didn’t pay the transmission fee. When i do pay, how can i send the receipt to them
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:16am On Jul 11, 2023
Adenikemonie:
Good morning house
I just chatted with chiamaka About passport submitted via dhl which it was delivered on 6 nd I didn’t get any acknowledgment from them. She gave me tracking number nd I tried tracking, it was bringing out no records found meanwhile vfs hasn’t send me any messages…. Please what does this means
They’ve not updated der portal. Ntn to worry about
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 11, 2023
SweetJJ:

Please, how many days later did you get the message to disregard the PPR and what is your timeline like? When did you submit an application and when did you get PPR?

I am about to book a flight for my mom, so I need to know if I should hold on. I am so scared right now. She got PPR yesterday but no visa details on the tracker.
You get visa details on your dashboard AFTER you have submitted your passport and it has been stamped, then it gets updated in your dashboard. Nothing to be worried about.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:19am On Jul 11, 2023
zeb04:

I made a mistake, i didn’t pay the transmission fee. When i do pay, how can i send the receipt to them
Chat vfs and ask how you can go about it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:25am On Jul 11, 2023
meljoe:
Please when asked how much money do you have for your stay in Canada, for a family of 4 is 10,310 Canadian dollars okay which is 6 million naira. Calculated it based on flights , hotel and other expenses. And also bank statement shows approximately 12-13m.
I feel 10k cad is small for family of 4. This floating of naira has really affected things o, I just checked the official rate now. You can still use 16k that’s around 9.3m.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:28am On Jul 11, 2023
Tegnaworld23:
Good morning all, trust you guys are doing pretty fine. Please o, I have submitted my passport for stamping since 27th of last month and received my introduction letter on the 8th of July, when do you think I will receive my passport back? Thank you all and have a wonderful day.
Introduction letter means it has bn stamped. You should get your passport this week or next week:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omoolope2023: 11:31am On Jul 11, 2023
Hello everyone! I'm facing a situation regarding my previous Canada application, and I could use some guidance. I was recently refused Canada work visa using a specific work history but I have discovered another pathway which requires me stating another work experience which I have but didn't disclose in my initial application. I'm now considering applying again, but I'm unsure how to navigate this situation. I would greatly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or experiences you could share to help me proceed effectively. Here are a few specific questions I have:

1. Has anyone encountered a similar situation where they had additional work experience not included in their initial Canada application?

2. What steps should I take to ensure transparency and accuracy when reapplying with this new work experience?

3. Are there any specific guidelines or protocols to follow when presenting this new work experience in my application?

4. How should I address the fact that I didn't disclose this experience in my previous application? What impact could it have on my reapplication?

5. Are there any potential risks or complications that I should be aware of when reapplying with additional work experience?

I value your insights and experiences, and any advice or suggestions you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance in navigating this situation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) ... (1112) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Vannie12(f), mvphenryeto5, bejust(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.