Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,150 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2348407 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) ... (1112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by allanphash7(m): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2023
Hello Guys

Please the 30 days ultimatum given to an applicant to submit a passport at the vfs , does the 30 days include weekends or without weekend?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by allanphash7(m): 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
Please does the 30 days given to submit passport at vfs includes weekend or not?

Thank you boss
Emmafe:
I’ve bn seeing it too.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chiomapx(m): 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
Please i sent my passport to Lagos office through DHL on Friday.... I would like to go pick it up myself when it's ready.. what else should I do..... No mail from them yet to acknowledge receipt of my passport...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 4:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
Pls who has been in this situation before, my passport submission will expire on July 13 nd I have submitted since July 6 via dhl but I haven’t received any acknowledgment pls will it affect me if they didn’t open my documents before or after 13th of July
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by allanphash7(m): 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2023
Nike ,is it tourist visa you applied for abi student?
Adenikemonie:
Pls who has been in this situation before, my passport submission will expire on July 13 nd I have submitted since July 6 via dhl but I haven’t received any acknowledgment pls will it affect me if they didn’t open my documents before or after 13th of July
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
allanphash7:
Hello Guys

Please the 30 days ultimatum given to an applicant to submit a passport at the vfs , does the 30 days include weekends or without weekend?

Yes
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by allanphash7(m): 5:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
Ok,

please a notification letter was issued on the 4th July and I went to submit my passport today not knowing that I will need to schedule an appointment for it so I later scheduled the appointment but the day I got is August 4 hope I am safe with that date for submission
Ashirioluwa:

Yes
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2023
allanphash7:
Nike ,is it tourist visa you applied for abi student?
tourist visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ebylicious: 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2023
Good Evening Gurus,

I applied for a visit visa and didn't book for biometric because I had earlier done that in my previous application and it's valid till 2032.

However, IRCC sent a mail to me advising me to go for my Biometric with 30days of receipt of the biometric letter.

Please what do u advise? Cus I intend to raise a webform uploading the Biometric validity letter from my previous application.

Secondly, how long will it take for them to respond to a webform?

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lexini: 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2023
use dhl

make sure you include your email address and phone number on the copy of your international passport

allanphash7:
Ok,

please a notification letter was issued on the 4th July and I went to submit my passport today not knowing that I will need to schedule an appointment for it so I later scheduled the appointment but the day I got is August 4 hope I am safe with that date for submission
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by isentropic(m): 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2023
I only printed the transaction receipt and added to the document I sent.Narration/reason Carried the name on the passport and the purpose.I didn't send any copy to the their mail.I did same thing with a passport i sent May this year.

Starfol:

Please did you add any remark or details while sending the receipt via mail to indicate its from you?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ogbafamily: 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
allanphash7:
Ok,

I did the same thing, we’re good bruh/sis.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ogbafamily: 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
isentropic:
One way UPS fee now 30820.The was increased effective July 1st

Ha, I paid 11,200 today o, shey I never do mistake like this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2023
allanphash7:
Ok,

Is August 4 still within the 30-day period?

I do not know what the consequences are if a person does not present his or her passport for submission within the 30-day timeframe stipulated by IRCC.

But why don’t you mail it to VFS through a courier service?

or

Visit the VFS website often to see if you can get earlier dates so you can reschedule.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Blueprint86: 6:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
please can we speak?

I'm finding it difficult applying with my portal for her.

can I quote you on an old thread with my phone number or will you do that?

josephb:
Use your portal to apply, it's easy to apply and send them mails and webforms when it is getting longer than expected.

Good luck.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 6:30pm On Jul 10, 2023
Adenikemonie:
pls I need answers for this
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eyanescobar(m): 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2023
Thanks
Ashirioluwa:

I don’t think it’s compulsory, but I believe it will help your application if you can add yours too.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SeedofDavid: 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2023
Hello guys, please how can I get consent form for my sibling to go pick up my dad's passport at Lagos passport office.

Is it compulsory to present a consent form?

Kindly advise 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by myorh: 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2023
allanphash7:
Ok,

August 4th is already more than 30days. You can send it to VFS through courier. I did the same thing, I got the request on Tuesday when I tried to book an appointment, the earliest I saw was 26th of July so I booked that date as backup and sent it via UPS on Thursday, it was delivered to VFS on Friday and I got acknowledgment email today

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2023
allanphash7:
Ok,

If you have submitted your passport then you shouldn’t bother about any appointment.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by allanphash7(m): 6:43pm On Jul 10, 2023
My concern is that my Approval letter was sent on the 4th July and appointment date for submission is August 4th . Hope I'm still within the 30 days ultimatum of submission
Ogbafamily:

I did the same thing, we’re good bruh/sis.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by allanphash7(m): 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2023
I have not submitted untill August 4 which will make it exact 1 month of Approval date
Viking07:
If you have submitted your passport then you shouldn’t bother about any appointment.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
allanphash7:
I have not submitted untill August 4 which will make it exact 1 month of Approval date
submit via courier asap. Pick up in person.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by allanphash7(m): 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
Thanks so much, I will do same tomorrow. Please can I email you
myorh:

August 4th is already more than 30days. You can send it to VFS through courier. I did the same thing, I got the request on Tuesday when I tried to book an appointment, the earliest I saw was 26th of July so I booked that date as backup and sent it via UPS on Thursday, it was delivered to VFS on Friday and I got acknowledgment email today
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by myorh: 6:52pm On Jul 10, 2023
allanphash7:
Thanks so much, I will do same tomorrow. Please can I email you
Yeah sure
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 6:52pm On Jul 10, 2023
Adenikemonie:
ok
We go again tomorrow

I finally got a message about my daughter's passport just now.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2023
zeb04:

I finally got a message about my daughter's passport just now.
okay
I pray my own drop soon too
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cerezo: 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2023
Viking07:
submit via courier asap. Pick up in person.

Can one submit via courier even though I'm based in Abuja and did biometric in Abuja? I'm having almost the same issue. I could only get submit appointment for 28th July. While trying to search for closer dates and reschedule the appointment I got this message "You are not eligible to reschedule after 48 hours of appoitnment creation"
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
Adenikemonie:
okay
I pray my own drop soon too

I wrote to IRCC oh, like this.

''Dear Visa Officer,''

I submitted my daughter's passport to be stamped through DHl however, I have not gotten even an acknowledgement from VFS. I tracked it on DHL and found out it was submitted that same day.

I tried to contact VFS through webchat, phone number and other means of communication, but no response. I am so torn because I do not know a different method to reach them. I went to the VFS office last week friday to make a complaint, and i was told it is impossible to gain entrance without an appointment

I got my offer letter in November 2022, I have gotten my visa, letter of introduction and stamped passport back. However, my daughter's passport is experiencing delays. There has been no communication whatsoever from VFS as regards her passport.''

something like this however, this is not all i wrote. I don't know if it helped
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
Send a pm explaining how you would want me to assist you.

Regards,

Blueprint86:
please can we speak?

I'm finding it difficult applying with my portal for her.

can I quote you on an old thread with my phone number or will you do that?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2023
zeb04:

I wrote to IRCC oh, like this.

''Dear Visa Officer,''

I submitted my daughter's passport to be stamped through DHl however, I have not gotten even an acknowledgement from VFS. I tracked it on DHL and found out it was submitted that same day.

I tried to contact VFS through webchat, phone number and other means of communication, but no response. I am so torn because I do not know a different method to reach them. I went to the VFS office last week friday to make a complaint, and i was told it is impossible to gain entrance without an appointment

I got my offer letter in November 2022, I have gotten my visa, letter of introduction and stamped passport back. However, my daughter's passport is experiencing delays. There has been no communication whatsoever from VFS as regards her passport.''

something like this however, this is not all i wrote. I don't know if it helped
do they reply you immediately please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2023
Adenikemonie:
do they reply you immediately please

NO

(1) (2) (3) ... (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) ... (1112) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: ruem and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.