Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,037 members, 7,845,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista (7692 Views)

Buhari Has Stayed In London Longer Than Expected - APC / "Buhari Gave Justice Ademola N500,000 During Certificate Controversy" - Witness / Certificate Controversy: Abuja Lawyer Drags Buhari To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by jmaine: 12:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
JackBaueress1:
whether INEC confirmed or your father confirmed,that's not the issue! The bottomline is that the credentials have been released to Buhari.

Case Closed!!!

Records and credentials are two different things o. And your aggressive showings here doesn't nullify the futility of your defense.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
Mekateka:
can we see the photocopies?
give me your address and I will personally bring it to your house. undecided

Ndi ara n'otu n'otu!!

*unfollows thread*
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by EMANY01(m): 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
barcanista:
As an apostle of change and a selfless promoter of the Amiable General Muhammadu Buhari, one of the attributes that attracted me to the General is his calm, sincerity and constistency.

When the issue of the certificate first came up about a month ago, I had expected the APC campaign team to officially write the Army Headquarters requesting the return of Muhammadu Buhari's Credentials that was allegedly ransacked by the IBB regime in 1985 along with his properties. I also expected the APC Presidential Campaign Team to write the United States Army War College, Buhari's Secondary School, WAEC Office and other instutitions that Muhammadu Buhari attended to request for a copy or Certified True Copy of the rspective certificates that they awarded the Daura-born General. Doing so would have laid the matter to rest and save the embarrassment that the General is being subjected to.

It is not too late for the APC to consider these options, if not for anything but to protect the integrity of Muhammadu Buhari. I for one stll have faith in the integrity and sincerity of the General and except proven otherwise, I will continue to stand by the General. The APC must play their own part.

I also appeal to our brothers in the Jonathan camp to take it easy with the General and not rush to cast aspersion on his person. I also urge supporters of the General to continue to keep faith in him and be optimistic that the General will triumph at the end of the day. Our task to re-build Nigeria must not weary, whether we support APC/PDP or Buhari/GEJ, we must put Nigeria first.

God Bless the General
God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Nigerians

I thought that I would die before I would say these words "there is hope for you yet".
It appears that you are not totally lost to the world of those who reason and are logical.
I will be watching with keen interest.
Happy new year.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by henryblaze25(m): 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
OP nice observation

Many people are not getting the logic behind this whole certificate issue, Nobody is doubting the fact that he went to NDA or American war college or what have u. What they asking is the certificate he possesed b4 entering the Nigerian Army.

We all know that GMB happens to be one of the finest General's we've had in the miltary, the question that is yet to be answered is; was he qualified to go into the Nigerian Army as then?

For those that believes the WAEC certificate does not matter and that he has a certificate and a certificate 4rm American war college, have u taken ur time to ask if one can become a prof without getting a bachelors degree? Invariably u can't build on nothing

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by LadyExcellency: 12:12pm On Jan 21, 2015
Most Buhari supporters don't know the difference between academic qualification demanded by the law and a professional certificate acquired on the course of the job

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 21, 2015
this is why i respect u barcanista even when we may disagree on certain issues... But this took long coming from you too..
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by doctokwus: 12:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
Op.Am disappointed with this your position.
So buhari shd leave major issues threatening the existence of nigeria and the rigors of his campaign stops to be replying and presenting documents to refute any allegation by the opposition.
Why don't u also advice him to present an authentic medical report from his doc to, then another document from a fitness instructor to prove he can run round a field as d PDP childishly and stupidly wanted.
GMB has taken d most appropriate action any mature human being focussed on a goal should take:I have sworn to an affidavit in lieu of my documents,if u feel I lied go to court!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by brownlord: 12:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

I don't know who you are trying to impress here! The question is: who is demanding for Buhari's certificate?

PDP-
Barcanista-
INEC
Court??

Until the relevant bodies demand the certificate, the amiable General should concentrate on his campaign tour! Anyone not satisfied should approach the court or wait after Buhari is sworn in.

Barcanista, honestly am disappointed here!

Lol, i give up on you, you are just a senseless and brainless idiat.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by doctokwus: 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
So buhari shd leave major issues threatening the existence of nigeria and the rigors of his campaign stops to be replying and presenting documents to refute any allegation by the opposition.
Why don't u also advice him to present an authentic medical report from his doc to, then another document from a fitness instructor to prove he can run round a field as d PDP childishly and stupidly wanted.
GMB has taken d most appropriate action any mature human being focussed on a goal should take silence because :'I have sworn to an affidavit in lieu of my documents,if u feel I lied go to court'.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by LadyExcellency: 12:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
doctokwus:
GMB has taken d most appropriate action any mature human being focussed on a goal should take:I have sworn to an affidavit in lieu of my documents,if u feel I lied go to court!

Are you not aware Buhari lied under oath?

He swore the military has his certificate which the military has denied.

Buhari is corrupt and a law breaker

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
nigerianvenom:

why shouldnt we be discussing it?
please re-read the post again.
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
LadyExcellency:

That affidavit did not say that he deposited it with the Army, he said it is with the Army(Because the Army took away all his belongings forcefully back in 1985).
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Collynzo419: 12:23pm On Jan 21, 2015
barcanista:
[s] Bros, I so get your point BUT...

GMB certificate issue is not mere gossip, it has gone beyond gossip to some people questioning his integrity. Even Obama at some point presented his Birth Certificate just to shut the mouth of Donald trump! If APC had got a CTC or retrieved it from the Military and submit same to INEC Without showing the media, it would have been a welcome development. The PDP is trying to use everything to stop Buhari, and they must not get their way. Remember, they are incumbent[/s]

All these are nonsense.

Only Inec or the courts can force GMB to produce his certificates. So what you are saying is that APC should satisfy every query made by PDP and their croonies? Do you know how that sounds?

Next, you will start a thread asking for the General to provide his medical records publicly because PDP claim that he has cancer

smh

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by doctokwus: 12:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
LadyExcellency:

An oath he swore in his private bedroom or in the presence of witnesses?
Are u not also aware that d military has clearly admitted his principal attested to his having completed secondary sch,contrary to insinuations he never went past primary school from people like u?
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by brownlord: 12:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
EMANY01:

I thought that I would die before I would say these words "there is hope for you yet".
It appears that you are not totally lost to the world of those who reason and are logical.
Happy new year.

Not when he is still working with illugunboy

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by BlackPeni5: 12:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

I don't know who you are trying to impress here! The question is: who is demanding for Buhari's certificate?

PDP-
Barcanista-
INEC
Court??

Until the relevant bodies demand the certificate, the amiable General should concentrate on his campaign tour! Anyone not satisfied should approach the court or wait after Buhari is sworn in.

Barcanista, honestly am disappointed here!

Barcanista is beginning to see the light...He is not a Jonathanian but what he is complaining about is what every sane person will do. Its better this issue is tackled ASAP to avoid further embarassment to the General. If he is disqualified based on this issue, the shame will be on you supporters as well.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by omenka(m): 12:27pm On Jan 21, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

The same PDP accused Buhari of being a Boko Haram Sponsor.

The same PDP accused Buhari of having Cancer.

The Same PDP accused Buhari of being corrupt.

The same PDP accused Buhari of Trying Islamise Nigeria.

The same PDP accuse Buhari of suffering from dementia.

The same PDP accused Buhari of being an illiterate.

The same PDP accused Buhari of not going to secondary school

Now it is WASSC certificate.

Yet barcanista was never worried about 1-7 accusations itemzied above but now he suddenly wants APC to stop their campaign schedules and concentrate on No.8!
Barcanista, Ngene, both of you, in my office NOW!!!! angry
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by alizenbohr: 12:27pm On Jan 21, 2015
JackBaueress1 & co.
Pls, is this part of the credentials that was released to Mr. Buhari?

I know you can do better than this...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 21, 2015
doctokwus:
GMB has taken d most appropriate action any mature human being focussed on a goal should take silence because :'I have sworn to an affidavit in lieu of my documents,if u feel I lied go to court'.
My disappointment is not with Buhari but APC campaign team, specifically the Public Relations Wing. It is their job to manage the Image and Reputation of Buhari/Osinbanjo at all times. It is their job to see to the end of all these. My position is simple, shut the mouth of the PDP and other antagonists.

See it from that angle...
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by mrjangaweed: 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2015
JackBaueress1:
I don't have time for any back and forth argument for a story of lies that has been trending for the past one month. Shift abeg!!

NEXT!!!

You have nothing to argue about because you're a dumb illiterate mugu that cannot differentiate between a mere written note and a certificate

Ezi ofia

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by mrjangaweed: 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
Ngeneukwenu is a bastard Hopless she-male but na thunder go fire am come feb. 14 when gej will be reelected

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by zimoni(f): 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
Story

Story

Story for the gods.

Where is the certificate?

Don't tell us he didn't have WASC when he joined NA.

If his house was ransacked by IBB boys in 1985, how about he contact WAEC so they could help produce a copy(yes it's possible for WAEC to produce a copy for Buhari without exams number. Yes, they can found the result if he had one.)

Now we all see why Northerners love Quota System more than Oxygen.

They ruled us for 39years and set us back by 200years.

Buhari shouldn't have filled the INEC form with WASC as his qualification.

He goofed big time, you don't claim what you don't have. That's a common sense.

Too Bad.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Collynzo419: 12:33pm On Jan 21, 2015
zimoni:
[s]Story

Story

Story for the gods.

Where is the certificate?

Don't tell us he didn't have WASC when he joined NA.

If his house was ransacked by IBB boys in 1985, how about he contact WAEC so they could help produce a copy(yes it's possible for WAEC to produce a copy for Buhari without exams number. Yes, they can found the result if he had one.)

Now we all see why Northerners love Quota System more than Oxygen.

They ruled us for 39years and set us back by 200years.

Buhari shouldn't have filled the INEC form with WASC as his qualification.

He goofed big time, you don't claim what you don't have. That's a common sense.

Too Bad[/s].

Sssssshhhhh

Press Statement by General Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, on the School Certificate Issue
Good Morning , Gentlemen of the Press.
I only consented to address you this morning because of the genuine concern expressed by many supporters and other well-meaning Nigerians that the issue be addressed. Otherwise, I would have dismissed it for what it is—sheer mischief and would not have considered it an issue worth the nation’s while.
I had assumed all along that all my records were in the custody of the Military Secretary of the Nigerian Army. Much to my surprise, we are now told that although a record of the result is available, there are no copies of the certificates in my personal file. This is why I formally requested my old school the Provincial Secondary School, Katsina [which is now known as Government College, Katsina] to make available the school’s copy of the result of the Cambridge/West African School Certificate. This will be made available to the press the moment this is available.
However, before we obtain that, let me say for the record that I attended Provincial Secondary School, Katsina. I graduated in 1961 with many prominent Nigerians, including General Shehu Yar’adua, former chief of staff at the Supreme Headquarters, and Justice Umaru Abdullahi, a former President of the Court of Appeal. We sat for the University of Cambridge/WASC Examination together in 1961, the year we graduated. My examination number was 8280002, and I passed the examination in the Second Division.
And although the ruling party may want to wish this away, the issue in this campaign cannot be my certificate which I obtained 53 years ago. The issues are the scandalous level of unemployment of millions of our young people, the state of insecurity, the pervasive official corruption which has impoverished our people and the lack of concern of the government for anything other than the retention of power at all costs.
Thank you very much.

General Muhammadu Buhari
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by brownlord: 12:33pm On Jan 21, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

The same PDP accused Buhari of being a Boko Haram Sponsor.

The same PDP accused Buhari of having Cancer.

The Same PDP accused Buhari of being corrupt.

The same PDP accused Buhari of Trying Islamise Nigeria.

The same PDP accuse Buhari of suffering from dementia.

The same PDP accused Buhari of being an illiterate.

The same PDP accused Buhari of not going to secondary school

Now it is WASSC certificate.

Yet barcanista was never worried about 1-7 accusations itemzied above but now he suddenly wants APC to stop their campaign schedules and concentrate on No.8!

You mean the 5 minutes Buhari/APC will use to address this issue will stop their campaign schedule?

I just dey laugh

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 21, 2015
mrjangaweed:

[s] You have nothing to argue about because you're a dumb illiterate mugu that cannot differentiate between a mere written note and a certificate

Ezi ofia [/s]
the moment I say I am unfollowing this thread,is the moment my mentions should stop coming from this thread.

Now get lost!!
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by chemali: 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
barcanista:
As an apostle of change and a selfless promoter of the Amiable General Muhammadu Buhari, one of the attributes that attracted me to the General is his calm, sincerity and constistency.

When the issue of the certificate first came up about a month ago, I had expected the APC campaign team to officially write the Army Headquarters requesting the return of Muhammadu Buhari's Credentials that was allegedly ransacked by the IBB regime in 1985 along with his properties. I also expected the APC Presidential Campaign Team to write the United States Army War College, Buhari's Secondary School, WAEC Office and other instutitions that Muhammadu Buhari attended to request for a copy or Certified True Copy of the rspective certificates that they awarded the Daura-born General. Doing so would have laid the matter to rest and save the embarrassment that the General is being subjected to.

It is not too late for the APC to consider these options, if not for anything but to protect the integrity of Muhammadu Buhari. I for one stll have faith in the integrity and sincerity of the General and except proven otherwise, I will continue to stand by the General. The APC must play their own part.

I appeal to our brothers in the Jonathan camp to take it easy with the General and not rush to cast aspersion on his person. I also urge supporters of the General to continue to keep faith in him and be optimistic that the General will triumph at the end of the day. Our task to re-build Nigeria must not weary, whether we support APC/PDP or Buhari/GEJ, we must put Nigeria first.

God Bless the General
God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Nigerians

1. The documents released by Premium Times were requested for by General Buhari (See the addressee: http://media.premiumtimesng.com/wp-content/files/2015/01/Buhari-AR-1.pdf).

2. Obviously, the documents are missing. Either a third party like the military requests for verification of the results as put forward in his military records or Buhari requests for a statement of result from WAEC.

3. He has no need of the documents as he meets the constitutional requirements to go for the office of the president of FRN.

4. I really don't think he should do anything further. If he gets the document, the next step for PDP is to attack his grades - no point in giving a drowning party a helping hand.

5. Anyone who thinks he is unqualified should take him to court.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
EMANY01:

Happy new year.
Happy New Year to you
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by PointB: 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
A man cannot give what he does not have!

Buhari did not finish secondary school, and never bothered to seat for GCE, NECO, name it! The best Buhari can get is a First School Leaving Certificate.

It's sad that Buhari rose through the rank without his WASC, and without any effort the do the needful. Such is a glaring example of fraud at highest level; it a classic description of CORRUPTION!

Buhari should bow his head in shame for approaching equity with insanely soiled hands!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Collynzo419: 12:36pm On Jan 21, 2015
PointB:
[s]A man cannot give what he does not have!

Buhari did not finish secondary school, and never bothered to seat for GCE, NECO, name it! The best Buhari can get is a First School Leaving Certificate.

It's sad that Buhari rose through the rank without his WASC, and without any effort the do the needful. Such is a glaring example of fraud at highest level; it a classic description of CORRUPTION!

Buhari should bow his head in shame for approaching equity with insanely soiled hands![/s]

Press Statement by General Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, on the School Certificate Issue
Good Morning , Gentlemen of the Press.
I only consented to address you this morning because of the genuine concern expressed by many supporters and other well-meaning Nigerians that the issue be addressed. Otherwise, I would have dismissed it for what it is—sheer mischief and would not have considered it an issue worth the nation’s while.
I had assumed all along that all my records were in the custody of the Military Secretary of the Nigerian Army. Much to my surprise, we are now told that although a record of the result is available, there are no copies of the certificates in my personal file. This is why I formally requested my old school the Provincial Secondary School, Katsina [which is now known as Government College, Katsina] to make available the school’s copy of the result of the Cambridge/West African School Certificate. This will be made available to the press the moment this is available.
However, before we obtain that, let me say for the record that I attended Provincial Secondary School, Katsina. I graduated in 1961 with many prominent Nigerians, including General Shehu Yar’adua, former chief of staff at the Supreme Headquarters, and Justice Umaru Abdullahi, a former President of the Court of Appeal. We sat for the University of Cambridge/WASC Examination together in 1961, the year we graduated. My examination number was 8280002, and I passed the examination in the Second Division.
And although the ruling party may want to wish this away, the issue in this campaign cannot be my certificate which I obtained 53 years ago. The issues are the scandalous level of unemployment of millions of our young people, the state of insecurity, the pervasive official corruption which has impoverished our people and the lack of concern of the government for anything other than the retention of power at all costs.
Thank you very much.

General Muhammadu Buhari
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by D9ty7(m): 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2015
I have seen a loophole in some comments here in the last few minutes. I have seen some people saying that if Buhari/APC decides to respond to the certificate issue it will cause distration during the course of their campaign.
I find that very ridiculous.
Are they saying that if Buhari is elected president, while he is tackling the issue of corruption, he will neglect the issue of security, so that he doesn't get distrated? Aren't there media teams of the party who can expertly respond to the certificate issue with evidences to back provided by Buhari, where is the distration in that?
While supporting Buhari, most of you are making mistakes that, thank God you are on Nairaland. If you were to be a top APC member, you know what that means.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by CaptainAmerica1: 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2015
Can't you all see, this certificate matter isn't an issue at all. PDP are just trying everything possible to bring the General down because of the mass number of supporters he currently has.

If the certificate matter is really an issue, PDP would have gone to court a long time ago.

This is what PDP wants, to create doubts within the mind of his supporters.
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by mrmetoo1: 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2015
Mr @barcanista please I don't get this. There's already proof out there that he has been educated and even surpassed the minimum requirement. The documents the army released has shown that so what else do we need?

The only thing I agree with is, they could have nipped this in the bud a long time ago by requesting what they just did only 48 hours ago.

The rest is very irrelevant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yes, Buhari Is Sick (photo) / Dapchi Girls Abduction: Chief Of Air Staff Relocates To Yobe State / This Is BORNO State Election This Is Enough To Cancel The Election Of The State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.