Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,096 members, 7,845,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista (7693 Views)

Buhari Has Stayed In London Longer Than Expected - APC / "Buhari Gave Justice Ademola N500,000 During Certificate Controversy" - Witness / Certificate Controversy: Abuja Lawyer Drags Buhari To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Rawani: 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2015
Barcanista you're offline...we need to talk asap.
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 21, 2015
Has he published his certificate yet?

We are still waiting
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by warrior01: 2:32pm On Jan 21, 2015
barcanista:
The Army Spokesman never said Buhari fell short of requirement as at the time of his enlistment. Beside, the General has re-affirmed that he sat for the WASSCE and even gave his WAEC Number for verification. Whether he pass all or failed all is not the problem of the Electoral law, but Whether or not he really sat for the exam as he stated and whether or not he was educated up to secondary school is all the law want. So far, no evidence that he didn't pass through secondary school, neither is there evidence that he didnt sit for his WASSCE as he alleged. Why don't you relax and crucify him when he has been proven against his claim?

Let me help you as I was once an ardent follower of Buhari like you're now. No doubt Buhari is qualified to vie for the presidency as he has served the nation as an officer but the problem lies with the affidavit he swore to and the many repercussions that comes with it as there's something fishy about his so called WASC certificate which until now he still can't substantiate. He said he were classmates with Yardua but Yardua graduated and joined the military in 1959. Many things not adding up.
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by 1Dray(m): 2:36pm On Jan 21, 2015
JackBaueress1:
whether INEC confirmed or your father confirmed,that's not the issue! The bottomline is that the credentials have been released to Buhari.

Case Closed!!!

Lol... It's obvious the credentials were released to Buhari only in your dreams! Keep dreaming of a certificate where there is none. Common sense should have at least told you there's no certificate any where, considering what is on his principal's recommendation letter. Well, common sense is not common.
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Imoy(m): 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
Kororugged:

That Imoy is a silly liar.

May the God of Hezekiah save him...hmmm

Amen sir.
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Kororugged: 2:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
Imoy:

Amen sir.

Why are you a liar? You are a PDP supporter claiming to be APC

smh for you...Hmmm oke
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by mrmetoo1: 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Is this the certificate?

Why waste so much time producing big lies to cover a smaller lie.

From all indication the certificate is non existent and the paper you presented is another fraud.

For more than thirty years Buhari couldn't apply for a covering note from WASC nor for replacement of his certificate and you are trying to convince us that he is an ingenious character

From what indication? Is it his principal that sent that a letter? Or the army that recruited him having satisfied their requirements? Or all the schools that accepted him after after he joined the army? If all these are not enough indications, then a show of the certificate won't help.

I'll give you guys props, you've been able to get more juice out of this story than I'll have thought but it's over now. He's provided his exam number, go carry out your investigation.

When you're done, what you'll realize is all we've done is talk about Buhari. I'm even beginning to forget the name of his main opposition. We talk about Buhari's certificate, we talk about his unbelievable crowd, we talk about his great campaign team. As for his opponent, we talk about him being swept out of states. Carry on!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Imoy(m): 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
Kororugged:

Why are you a liar? You are a PDP supporter claiming to be APC

smh for you...Hmmm oke

I am a supporter of PDP, and I still am, I would have considered supporting buhari in the long run (if the WAEC saga hadn't came up).

So I still remain a strong PDP supporter.
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
You copied that from Wikipedia, the page can be edited by even you. His Foundation didn't state his year of enlistment into the Military.
www.yaraduacentre.org/overview/the-centre-2/biography
warrior01:

Let me help you as I was once an ardent follower of Buhari like you're now. No doubt Buhari is qualified to vie for the presidency as he has served the nation as an officer but the problem lies with the affidavit he swore to and the many repercussions that comes with it as there's something fishy about his so called WASC certificate which until now he still can't substantiate. He said he were classmates with Yardua but Yardua graduated and joined the military in 1959. Many things not adding up.
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Kororugged: 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
Imoy:

[s]I am a supporter of PDP, and I still am, I would have considered supporting buhari in the long run (if the WAEC saga hadn't came up).

So I still remain a strong PDP supporter[/s].

no one cares
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Imoy(m): 3:25pm On Jan 21, 2015
Kororugged:

no one cares

Well I do. And that is what matters to me sir.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Kororugged: 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
Imoy:

Well I do. And that is what matters to me sir.

Thanks

see him calling sir sir everywhere. i saw u abusing a poster on this thread earlier today

God of hezekiah be with u
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by filiks(m): 3:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
Sincerity? Integrity? And yet on the other hand, 'my certificates are with they army', then the army spoke about the content of his file, he then said; 'I assumed all along that my certificates were with the army'. Has the definition of sincerity CHANGED?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by kay1one(m): 3:42pm On Jan 21, 2015
Any sane nigerian knows buhari has no certificate! If one can't figure it out by adding up the signs then they nneed see a therapist!

Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by onatisi(m): 3:42pm On Jan 21, 2015
barcanista:
As an apostle of change and a selfless promoter of the Amiable General Muhammadu Buhari, one of the attributes that attracted me to the General is his calm, sincerity and constistency.

When the issue of the certificate first came up about a month ago, I had expected the APC campaign team to officially write the Army Headquarters requesting the return of Muhammadu Buhari's Credentials that was allegedly ransacked by the IBB regime in 1985 along with his properties. I also expected the APC Presidential Campaign Team to write the United States Army War College, Buhari's Secondary School, WAEC Office and other instutitions that Muhammadu Buhari attended to request for a copy or Certified True Copy of the rspective certificates that they awarded the Daura-born General. Doing so would have laid the matter to rest and save the embarrassment that the General is being subjected to.

It is not too late for the APC to consider these options, if not for anything but to protect the integrity of Muhammadu Buhari. I for one stll have faith in the integrity and sincerity of the General and except proven otherwise, I will continue to stand by the General. The APC must play their own part.

I appeal to our brothers in the Jonathan camp to take it easy with the General and not rush to cast aspersion on his person. I also urge supporters of the General to continue to keep faith in him and be optimistic that the General will triumph at the end of the day. Our task to re-build Nigeria must not weary, whether we support APC/PDP or Buhari/GEJ, we must put Nigeria first.

God Bless the General
God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Nigerians
this guy called barcanista has more brains and intelligence than all other apc follwers on this forum combined together.
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Imoy(m): 3:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
Kororugged:

see him calling sir sir everywhere. i saw u abusing a poster on this thread earlier today

God of hezekiah be with u

Hahaha..... It all depends on the post such poster makes.
But I hardly abuse people on social media.

And to ur prayers, I say a very Big amen.
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Change2015(m): 5:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
Barca

I believe the APC has handled this just right. The time to campaign is short, and the many issues we have raised regarding Nigeria have not been of interest to the pdp. We have run on issues and this certificate distraction does nothing to shield the fact that Jonathan for all his PhD has woefully failed to discharge his responsibilities as president. Jonathan unfortunately is like many of our graduates, holding a piece of paper but demonstrating little sill or interest in his job.
In the wake of Fayoses advert, Nigerians can see the panic and desperation in the pdp, and their utter lack of civility. The pdp has received legal advice that a challenge concerning Buhari’s certificate would fail, but their agenda is still to paint northerners as backward, unscheduled, illiterate... And still they need votes from the region? It is good for Nigerians to see presidential hypocrisy, tribal and religious divisiveness coming out of the pdp presidency. Truly there are many who bitterly regret voting for Jonathan at the last election. The pdp is not to set the agenda for the APC. They have already used spies, the DSS, and every arm of government possible to try to frustrate the APC, and this is being quietly but firmly handled. It is the APC setting the discussion agenda for this election and we must continue to do so, without distraction.
INEC has refused to be used by the PDP to disqualify Buhari because, they have found him qualified to run in the last three elections, and a reversal at this point would be beyond controversial. Is the pdp alleging that INEC has failed to verify candidates qualifications over the last three elections? Anyways, enough of that, we move on undeterred and even heartened. The opposing camp is in disarray and we must press our advantage. Buhari is a man who wants to serve his nation, unlike our opponent who simply wants to occupy the office. The change is coming and we must not get entangled in distractions manufactured by the PDP. You are very much part of a great happening. Kudos.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by StunningCEO: 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
saddening that a man like barcanista can have been so misguided to have make such OP. d truth with d constitutn is clear - it states dat 1 must attain a school cert or equivalent b4 contesting for president n Buhari meets d criteria even if e does not have a school cert.. so what else. but d fact remains dat our soon to be president actually has this certificate. PDP r just using dis to divert attentn from serious matters but u fell for it?
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by Kororugged: 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Whatever interpretation you have for it still shows he lied under oath.

The military just said the WASC Certificate demanded by the law wasn't even submitted in the first instance and Buhari knew it before hand.

Remember, Buhari's academic qualification stated in the INEC form is WASC and Nigerians are demanding to see the results/certificate if any. Again, Buhari stated the subjects he passed during his enlistment according to Military's records without making (submitting) the result(s) available to the army. This is a crime covered for so long and it has come to hunt Buhari.

My take is that Buhari's career (no matter how fantastic it may have been) was not only conspiracy, it was a fraud.

As I always tell Nigerians who cared to note, Buhari is too dented to be repackaged - Fact

Bros

How you dey? Hope all is good

http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/21/government-college-katsina-releases-buhari%E2%80%99s-academic-credentials
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by jorlons(m): 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, I so get your point BUT...

GMB certificate issue is not mere gossip, it has gone beyond gossip to some people questioning his integrity. Even Obama at some point presented his Birth Certificate just to shut the mouth of Donald trump! If APC had got a CTC or retrieved it from the Military and submit same to INEC Without showing the media, it would have been a welcome development. The PDP is trying to use everything to stop Buhari, and they must not get their way. Remember, they are incumbent

barcanista like every APC supporter has said to you. The APC camp would and should only respond to INEC and the constitution and not some PDP. Every man has a sense of pride.

You can't expect APC to be responding to every silly issue raised by the PDP. Like Obasanjo said ''A General will respond when He so damn please not because Doyin Okupe and FFK asked him to'' its that simple. Why are they not asking for the VP's at least to test his integrity.

While I cannot vouch for the General being a 100% corrupt free I believe He is indeed the better choice considering other factors. As for integrity lets wait till he is sworn-in to test that.

Don't let the words of these bloody TANoids get to you. It's their responsibility to choose between being a TAN or being for CHANGE not yours. If they become too unbearable just do the needful and alert me.

After the elections Apologies will be made and we will carry-on as one Nigeria.
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by wirinet(m): 9:43pm On Jan 22, 2015
barcanista:
As an apostle of change and a selfless promoter of the Amiable General Muhammadu Buhari, one of the attributes that attracted me to the General is his calm, sincerity and constistency.

When the issue of the certificate first came up about a month ago, I had expected the APC campaign team to officially write the Army Headquarters requesting the return of Muhammadu Buhari's Credentials that was allegedly ransacked by the IBB regime in 1985 along with his properties. I also expected the APC Presidential Campaign Team to write the United States Army War College, Buhari's Secondary School, WAEC Office and other instutitions that Muhammadu Buhari attended to request for a copy or Certified True Copy of the rspective certificates that they awarded the Daura-born General. Doing so would have laid the matter to rest and save the embarrassment that the General is being subjected to.

It is not too late for the APC to consider these options, if not for anything but to protect the integrity of Muhammadu Buhari. I for one stll have faith in the integrity and sincerity of the General and except proven otherwise, I will continue to stand by the General. The APC must play their own part.

I appeal to our brothers in the Jonathan camp to take it easy with the General and not rush to cast aspersion on his person. I also urge supporters of the General to continue to keep faith in him and be optimistic that the General will triumph at the end of the day. Our task to re-build Nigeria must not weary, whether we support APC/PDP or Buhari/GEJ, we must put Nigeria first.

God Bless the General
God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Nigerians

Believe me when i say that the Buhari Team handled this certificate saga beautifully, it gave Buhari the free publicity money cannot buy. It kept PDP/TAN busy and diverted them from other attacks. If you carried out a poll of Buhari's popularity before and after the certificate saga, you will find that he is much more popular now.

PDP campaign strategy is to attack the personality and integrity of APC's presidential candidiate ( Since they have nothing on Oshibanjo, they focus all their energies on Buhari), so if the certificate saga had not been prolonged that much, they would have looked for other lies to to attack the General. Do you even think if Buhari had even presented certified copies of his certificates, the PDP would have stopped the attacks, hell no! Even today that the school had provided a statement of results and the American War college confirmed that Buhari did obtain a diploma from them, are the PDP/TAN satisfied?

How can a sane person imply that a person who join the army, when the British were still in charge of our schools and the army, trained by the British in their military academy and obtained diplomas from the best military institutions in the world would not possses a secondary school certificate. This is a person that got very good recommendations from every institution he attended.

Anyway, we are now expecting the next wave of attacks on the people general as we move closer to the elections.
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by jorlons(m): 9:52pm On Jan 22, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

The same PDP accused Buhari of being a Boko Haram Sponsor.

The same PDP accused Buhari of having Cancer.

The Same PDP accused Buhari of being corrupt.

The same PDP accused Buhari of Trying Islamise Nigeria.

The same PDP accuse Buhari of suffering from dementia.

The same PDP accused Buhari of being an illiterate.

The same PDP accused Buhari of not going to secondary school

Now it is WASSC certificate.

Yet barcanista was never worried about 1-7 accusations itemzied above but now he suddenly wants APC to stop their campaign schedules and concentrate on No.8!
As a fellow progressive I am asking you to take it easy on barcanista.

Part of the problem we have in this is that we have a high percentage of illiteracy in Nigeria and the Literates we have in this country know next to nothing about the provisions of the Nigerian constitution.They swallow the words of their leaders hook line and sinker. Barcanista is a little emotional and that cannot be allowed in politics, the General is a perfect example of a true politician. Pls spare him. #TeamChange
Re: Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista by obi4eze(m): 12:32am On May 01, 2015
barcanista:

God Bless the General
God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APGA Suspends Victor Ike Oye As National Chairman For Gross Misconduct / Aisha Buhari To Host West African First Ladies / Senator Godswill Akpabio Celebrates His Uncommon & Sweet Victory [Video &Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.