Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,820 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie (36624 Views)

Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections / Solomon Dalung Meets His Classmate At Airport In Lagos (Pic) / Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by kahal29: 4:41am On Jan 22, 2015
Two prominent Nigerians the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Gen Muhammadu Buhari, mentioned as his classmates in secondary school – former president of the Court of Appeal (PCA), Justice Umaru Abdullahi and former inspector-general of police, Alhaji Ibrahim Cooomassie – last night spoke on the personality of Buhari.

In an exclusive interview with LEADERSHIP in Abuja, Umaru Abdullahi and Coomassie told LEADERSHIP that they and about five prominent Nigerians attended the same school.

Coomasie said Buhari was the head boy and loved to play football during their days in school.

Coomasie mentioned the former PCA Justice Abdullahi; Gen Shehu Musa Yar’Adua; the late Grand Khadi Halilu, and a Second Republic senator Abdul Ali as some of their classmates.

Coomassie said: “While we were in school, Buhari was the head boy. He loves playing football. We were all close friends in school. After we finished secondary school, General Buhari decided to join the military, I joined the police and Justice Abdullahi decided to go to the university.”

“I, the late Shehu Yar’Adua, the late Halilu, a Grand Khadi in Katsina, Senator Abdul Ali, a Senator in the 2nd Republic and several other attended the same school”

On his part, Justice Abdullahi described Buhari as a brilliant student when they were in school, saying he was Buhari’s classmate from primary to secondary school, saying: “I, Buhari and some others had the best results during our final examinations in secondary school back then. He was a very brilliant student in school, no doubt; we attended the same school from primary to secondary school.”

Katsina college confirms custody of Buhari’s result

The controversy over whether or not the presidential flag bearer of All Progressives Congress (APC), General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) sat and obtained the school leaving certificate may have been put to rest as his former school confirmed custody of his result.

Authorities of Government College, Katsina, yesterday confirmed that General Buhari sat and obtained the school leaving certificate.

The principal of the school told our correspondent that Buhari obtained the WASC/Cambridge University Exams certificate in 1961, adding that the school had released his result yesterday, in line with general’s request.

“One Prof Haruna Kaita wrote to the school on behalf of General Muhamnadu Buhari, demanding his result and we have since released it to the said professor.”

The principal showed our correspondent a copy of the result but said he would not release it without a formal request.

Although the management of LEADERSHIP promptly wrote to the school, efforts by our correspondent to get a certified copy of the result from the school did not yield a positive result.

The result showed that Buhari got the following scores: English – 5 (credit), Hausa-5 (credit) English Lit – 7(pass), History -3 (Good), Geography – 6 (Credit) Maths – 9 (Fail), Health Science – 6 (credit), Woodwork – 9 (fail).

Why we cleared Buhari to contest- APC Screening Chair

Against the backdrop of the raging controversy over Buhari’s academic records, the head of the APC presidential screening panel, Chief Ogbonnaya Onu, has explained why the party’s presidential candidate was cleared to vie for the office of president in the forthcoming February 14 election.

Onu, who is one of the leaders of the party, told journalists in Abuja yesterday that members of the panel adhered strictly to the provisions of the constitution to clear Buhari.

“Really, that issue shouldn’t create the kind of problem that we are seeing today in the polity. When this matter came before us in the presidential screening committee, we had to rely on the constitution of our great country.

“To qualify to be president of Nigeria, you have to be a Nigerian by birth; you have to be 40 years of age; you have to be a member of a political party and that political party must be registered, should sponsor you and finally you should obtain education at least up to secondary school level or equivalent, and our presidential candidate has attended military schools in Nigeria, in India, in the United Kingdom (UK) and in the United States of America (USA).

“And in America, he attended the US Army War College. So, there isn’t any reason whatsoever to create this type of problems that we now have in the polity,” Onu said.

Asked if the panel actually demanded to see a copy of Buhari’s school certificate during the screening exercise, he said: “No, we demanded it but there was an affidavit and you know once you swear to an affidavit, that definitely gives you whatever protection in any matter, not just in this case. But the thing is that we were not doing this for the opposition – the PDP, we were doing it for Nigeria. This is a man who will be president of Nigeria and there is a supreme law, the constitution, that guided us and the issue of qualification is at least a school certificate.

“So if there is evidence that somebody has attended military schools that are tertiary institutions up to the war college of the USA, I mean why should you really go on about school certificate and so on? So all those are in his file. So, I really don’t see why we should be thinking in this direction because the problems before the nation are enormous. We should be looking at how we can solve the problems of insecurity and unemployment,” he said.

http://leadership.ng/news/405731/buhari-classmate-1961-abdullahi-coomassie

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by OtunbaJega: 4:46am On Jan 22, 2015
SaTAN don lose battle pata pata.....

Sai Buhari

238 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by kahal29: 4:47am On Jan 22, 2015
OtunbaJega:
SaTAN don lose battle pata pata.....

Sai Buhari

I dey tel u....

133 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by Mutuwa(m): 4:54am On Jan 22, 2015
kahal29:

I dey tel u....

I dey tell u again..3 ntorr to satan and his followers;
Ntorrrr!
Ntrorrr!
Ntorrrr!

130 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by Beesluv: 4:56am On Jan 22, 2015
Good they voiced out

No weapon fashioned against Buhari shall prosper

164 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by eagleeye2: 4:59am On Jan 22, 2015
shey, these ones want to show us their results too?

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by Oklander: 5:02am On Jan 22, 2015
Okay, Buhari all the way.

We are still yet to see the students of our "Mr. lecturer" phd holder Jonathan.
#Jona,show us your students.

121 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by mankevo(m): 5:08am On Jan 22, 2015
Now, hello Nigerians!
Can any of Jonathan's former classmate be bold to tell us about his school life?

That Buhari's class was indeed made up of shapers of Naija society: Police chief, Army general,Court of Appeal chief, Grand Khadi, Senator..... Baba God, one day my classmates will be talking about our own class this way in JESUS NAME
BUHARI SURE PASS!!

205 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by Burger01(m): 5:09am On Jan 22, 2015
Shame to saTAN, shame to enemies of progress, shame to blackmailers, in fact shame to the whole lots of 'GEJ till Buhari shows his certificate' mofos. God is indeed a living God. Nigeria will progress no matter the amount of intimidation and fabrications. Shame to you all saTANists.

FeBuhari 14 2015. Haters dig your holes in shame, bury yourselves and DIE!undecided

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by speakthetruth: 5:21am On Jan 22, 2015
Of course we know!
Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by mistabiola: 5:22am On Jan 22, 2015
Gbam!!!

Fayose on the loose.....

Fayose allegedly bans use of Educational Certificates from Educational Institutions based in Northern Nigeria.

Gov Ayo Fayose today announced on @ekitistategov state owned EKTV that certificates from Northern Institutions will no longer be recognized in his state.

Even if you're born and bred in Ekiti but schooled in the North...your Certificate will not be recognized as long as he remain the Control-General of the Land of Honour (once Fountain of Knowledge).

What a Man, What a State, What a Shame.

Kete ra l'Ekiti, in-mo Ora Ooo..

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by phlemzy: 5:28am On Jan 22, 2015
Now that the General's result has been made available, they are claiming its a photoshopped document. The kind of change Nigerians seek right now has NOTHING to do with academic attainment. As we all know, PhD never did the magic.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by Disclaimer: 5:30am On Jan 22, 2015
And a staged classmate now speaking. What took you so long?

Show forth your certificate am sure APC printed you a copy.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by kahal29: 5:31am On Jan 22, 2015
Moderators... Front page pls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by Nobody: 5:31am On Jan 22, 2015
mistabiola:
Gbam!!!

Fayose on the loose.....

Fayose allegedly bans use of Educational Certificates from Educational Institutions based in Northern Nigeria.

Gov Ayo Fayose today announced on @ekitistategov state owned EKTV that certificates from Northern Institutions will no longer be recognized in his state.

Even if you're born and bred in Ekiti but schooled in the North...your Certificate will not be recognized as long as he remain the Control-General of the Land of Honour (once Fountain of Knowledge).

Can you provide the Maggi of your news please undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by Lumyboi(m): 5:32am On Jan 22, 2015
mistabiola:
Gbam!!!

Fayose on the loose.....

Lol. If this is true, this fayose needs mental check up. Tot e was bn mischievous bt now it seems e is going crazy

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by omenka(m): 5:32am On Jan 22, 2015
Boooooom!! In your face satan!!!

Guys permit me to post here what I said regarding this issue on Jan 03 when it all assumed a serious dimension:

In response to a poster:

brownlord:
Do you give your credentials to your employer
in your host country? since this issue came up i
expect Buhari to do the needful.
I said this:

Omenka
What I think is going on is, the General just
might be waiting for the propitious time to bury
all the lies and deceit of PDP. Like allowing your
enemies to nibble at you again and again and
again, feigning defeat. Then when they've
congregated at the same spot, jubilant over their
presumed victory, you drop a nuke right in their
centre!!!
It is a Machiavellian strategy.
www.nairaland.com/2073804/did-military-really-deny-muhammadu/1

I had that gut feeling that was what was going on, and how things have played out seems to have confirmed my theory. smiley

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by ziccoit: 5:33am On Jan 22, 2015
PDP won election in 2011 by appealing to people's emotions and religion sentiment. That is why the government of GEJ is so divisive. Now that religion and other sentiments are impotent, they wanted to decimate the person of GMB which has failed in all directions.

I would like Channelstv to invite one lawyer Chris Akiri back to sunrisedailynow so that he can eat his vomit. The guy was too verbally rough and intellectually raw the last time he was there.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by egift(m): 5:35am On Jan 22, 2015
Nobody has seen Jonathan's classmates - not even the gods.

Sai Buhari. saTAN is a failure.

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by fastguy10: 5:36am On Jan 22, 2015
If wht he is saying is true Where is d certificate show us d certi let everybody rest

Too much talk without showing us certi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by free2ryhme: 5:37am On Jan 22, 2015
feedeefee!!!!!!!

demons!!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin

24 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by mamajohn(f): 5:40am On Jan 22, 2015
Cool, very good. FFK and GEJ will soon hug live transformer because of GMB. They lack the capacity to sustain a viable presidential campaign. OBJ's absence is being felt seriously, in 2011 when OBJ was involved, recall that the grand old man navigated the length and breadth of Nigeria with GEJ. FFK and co were nowhere to be found then. Can you now see why it doesn't pay to bite the fingers that fed you? Go on GEJ, commit more blunders, for me and my family, its Sai Buhari all the way, and to GEJ and his shepopotamus wife, its Otuoke straight, ire o!

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by kahal29: 5:51am On Jan 22, 2015
fastguy10:
If wht he is saying is true Where is d certificate show us d certi let everybody rest

Too much talk without showing us certi

What else do you want to see? Below is the statement of result and the computer print out backing it.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 22, 2015
Its done and dusted!

#MyableGeneral.
It shows how loyal, honest and sincere you are to the people of Nigeria. That is the reason for our love for you. I know you will never lie to us when you become president come Febuhari unlike the people lying to us daily without putting our feelings into consideration. You are a man of your word and a true patriot of this great Nation and a role model to every youth who value honesty and transparency. I once again say!

Sai Buhari!
May God bless you in your quest to redeem this country. Amen!

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by aminho(m): 5:59am On Jan 22, 2015
GMB

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by koikoi2(m): 6:09am On Jan 22, 2015
Fake result, fake Buhari. Buhari shud be arrested.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by ThisisBuhari: 6:10am On Jan 22, 2015
Yea

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by kahal29: 6:12am On Jan 22, 2015
PUSH1:
Its done and dusted!

#MyableGeneral.
It shows how loyal, honest and sincere you are to the people of Nigeria. That is the reason for our love for you. I know you will never lie to us when you become president come Febuhari unlike the people lying to us daily without putting our feelings into consideration. You are a man of your word and a true patriot of this great Nation and a role model to every youth who value honesty and transparency. I once again say!

Sai Buhari!
May God bless you in your quest to redeem this country. Amen!

Well said. I love your choice of words!

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 22, 2015
Now its jona's turn to show us his phd thesis.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by ichidodo: 6:17am On Jan 22, 2015
The electorate is not buying this coverup by a bunch of old men who never came but up till now to 'claim' buhari as their classmate maybe they should convince the electorate how the said Buhari was school classmates with Shehu Yaradua 1961 whilst military archives saw Yar adua as a recruit in 1959. Or maybe Umar Abdullahi should tell us if he too offered Hausa back in WASC 1961 when it is on record Hausa,igbo except Yoruba were NEVER IN THE NIGERIAN SECONDARY SCHOOL CURRICULUM TILL 1974??!. http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/
journals/education/ije/sept1988/
MAJOR%20TRENDS%20IN%
20CURRICULUM%20DEVELOPMENT
%20IN%20NIGERIA.pdf

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by yomalex(m): 6:19am On Jan 22, 2015
Alrite
Re: Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie by JohnFrankling(m): 6:24am On Jan 22, 2015
So its now they will talk, while didn't they say it earlier before he even mentioned them

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Nigeria’s 19 First Ladies / Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola / Young Nigerian Airforce Officer Dies In Accident (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.