Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,007 members, 7,835,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Namadi Sambo: I am a better Muslim n PDP is Islamic party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Namadi Sambo: I am a better Muslim n PDP is Islamic party (1194 Views)

Why I Visited Osinbajo – Namadi Sambo / Forgive Me When I Said That APC Is An Islamic Party, It Was A Joke –ekwunife / Namadi Sambo Hospitalized In US For Knee Surgery - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Namadi Sambo: I am a better Muslim n PDP is Islamic party by Emdion(m): 6:39am On Jan 22, 2015
Hear from Namadi Sambo
PDP was
the most Islamic Party because first nobody can be
more Muslim than him. Why? Because his name is
Namadi which is a derivative of Namadina, meaning
some one of the Medina in Saudi Arabia where the
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is buried ( typically some one born in Medina in the course of Hajj is given that
name before pregnant women are disallowed from
going to Hajj). And that he goes to Hajj every year.
Also all the security chiefs of Jonathan are Muslims
so those alleging Jonathan being behind Boko Haram
are not fair. He rolled out names: Defence Minister, Aliyu Gusau, NSA, Sambo Dasuki, Inspector General
of Police, Abba are all Muslims. Then he capped it:
do you know the running mate of Buhari? He is a
Christian and a pastor. He runs a Church. He belongs
to a Church conglomerate that has over 5000
churches Across Nigeria. (I had hoped that Adeboye was listening). So who is more Muslim than him
Namadi? Then he shouted Allahu Akbar (Allah is
great several times). To close his speech he recited
the AlFatiha, meaning The Opening, the first seven
verses of the Holy Quran, which for Muslims is the
Mother of the Book, highly reverred by all. It's clear that the PDP was all out to manipulate the religious
sentiments of the Kano people. The emphasis he
placed from the manner he jumped and raised his
voice about a pastor who is Buhari's running mate
was for me alarming. Then I wonder is it not the PDP
that was tagging APC as an Islamic party? So it's just a convenient ploy to divide Nigerians along
religious lines? I had hoped that some one translated
his speech to Jonathan who was seated there to learn
that now his party is the quintessential Muslim party
and not the APC. Surely Change is coming to Nigeria
in a matter of days. Recall that Namadi said and behaved exactly the same way during their raLky in a
Katsina and Jigawa States. Perhaps we should find a
way to get the PDP to account for this without
offending religious sensibilities. And also to call the
attention of INEC and Kofi Anan to the violation of the
electoral Act and the Accord signed between Presidential candidates regarding refraining from
religious politics and focussing on Issue Based
politics.

1 Like

Re: Namadi Sambo: I am a better Muslim n PDP is Islamic party by johnie: 7:56am On Jan 22, 2015
Even though I do not understand Hausa language, I suspected this was what Sambo said. He kept repeating that Namadina and I was wondering why.

He listed various muslim political office holders and eventually mentioned Pastor.

As he was saying all this, the crowd seemed to like it.

He repeated the same thing at Dutse but the people were not so enthusiastic.

This is totally wrong!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BUSTED: See Proof Why Buhari Won't Debate With President Jonathan / Okorocha Is Messiah For Igbo Race-Nkiru Sylvanus / Ayo Fayose Spotted Leaving Govt House After Watching GMB Address (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.