Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:44 AM

OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' (2753 Views)

Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? / Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? / What Actually Happened Before Genesis Chapter 1??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by Horus(m): 8:57pm On Jan 22, 2015
Sirniyeh:

2. "...Let us create man in our own image..." The word "OUR" brings confusion. Who were the people (the co-creators) with God at the theatre room? Or were they female and male gods who mate to produce their likeness? Also who were the witnesses that brought the scene to book?

Stop and think one moment. The name God is not really in the bible. If this is not an English book written by Englishmen, it’s not there; it was added. You are reading a translation. You will also find that God, whether you have a big G, or little g, is not being used in the singular tense, as Eloh or Allah. The beings spoken of in the bible and Koran are the Elohim, the plural of Eloh.
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by johnydon22(m): 9:00pm On Jan 22, 2015
Horus:

Stop and think one moment. The name God is not really in the bible. If this is not an English book written by Englishmen, it’s not there; it was added. You are reading a translation. You will also find that God, whether you have a big G, or little g, is not being used in the singular tense, as Eloh or Allah. The beings spoken of in the bible and Koran are the Elohim, the plural of Eloh.

Elohim, the plural of el... canaanite pantheon "El is the supreme god and husband of asherah and father of 70gods... some say el is yahweh while some say yahweh is one of his sons ... but plural of el that is when you call him together with consort asherah it is elohim"
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by Shawl001(m): 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2015
johnydon22:

So the torture, murder of his own son is the thing that can appease him?
Hmmmm #ThatsWhatWeCallRealPerfection!!!
. That's why, those that call upon the name øƒ Jesus shall be saved. Jesus brought and gave to us, privileges, rights, benefits, and Grace which we do not merit or can only thrive to get from God...that's why, i can boldly call myself a child øƒ God and refer Him as my Father. Its a privilege through Jesus. #TeamHeaven#
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by johnydon22(m): 9:08pm On Jan 22, 2015
Shawl001:
. That's why, those that call upon the name øƒ Jesus shall be saved. Jesus brought and gave to us, privileges, rights, benefits, and Grace which we do not merit or can only thrive to get from God...that's why, i can boldly call myself a child øƒ God and refer Him as my Father. Its a privilege through Jesus. #TeamHeaven#
We call it barbarism... murder ur son son u can be appeased...

1 Like

Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by Shawl001(m): 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
johnydon22:

Elohim, the plural of el... canaanite pantheon "El is the supreme god and husband of asherah and father of 70gods... some say el is yahweh while some say yahweh is one of his sons ... but plural of el that is when you call him together with consort asherah it is elohim"
. What's this again? Na waooo...diff teachings sha..Only God can save us from all des teachings...well, thanks To the Holy spirit who alone can describe and tell us everything that concerns God...not man!
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by Shawl001(m): 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
johnydon22:

We call it barbarism... murder ur son son u can be appeased...
. Lol#...i laugh at ur ignorance! So pathetic...Jesus chose to die ƒσя our sin not that He was murdered. He died ƒσя the sin øƒ the whole world. He carried the sins øƒ mankind and nailed it on the cross..once and ƒσя all. Wait...re U̶̲̥̅̊ a xtian?

1 Like

Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by wordcat(m): 9:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
I'm still wondering why a grown up man will be reasoning like a kid just to defend his non existing god.
just a simple question; where was god before the First Day and somebody is saying that God is with the word and the word was god lol
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by johnydon22(m): 9:55pm On Jan 22, 2015
Shawl001:
. Lol#...i laugh at ur ignorance! So pathetic...Jesus chose to die ƒσя our sin not that He was murdered. He died ƒσя the sin øƒ the whole world. He carried the sins øƒ mankind and nailed it on the cross..once and ƒσя all. Wait...re U̶̲̥̅̊ a xtian?
He decided to come to appease who? Zeus
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by johnydon22(m): 9:57pm On Jan 22, 2015
Shawl001:
. What's this again? Na waooo...diff teachings sha..Only God can save us from all des teachings...well, thanks To the Holy spirit who alone can describe and tell us everything that concerns God...not man!
Go read about the history of yahweh... recommend wikipedia encyclopedia!!!
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by Shawl001(m): 10:02pm On Jan 22, 2015
johnydon22:

Go read about the history of yahweh... recommend wikipedia encyclopedia!!!
. Hahahaha, dats where U̶̲̥̅̊ get it all wrong. How do U̶̲̥̅̊ expect to know the truth about God from encyclopedia or wikipedia...? You can never! Only through the word øƒ God alone. My friend, pls read ur bible more often.. And save ur megabytes.. #TeamHeaven#
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by johnydon22(m): 10:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
Shawl001:
. Hahahaha, dats where U̶̲̥̅̊ get it all wrong. How do U̶̲̥̅̊ expect to know the truth about God from encyclopedia or wikipedia...? You can never! Only through the word øƒ God alone. My friend, pls read ur bible more often.. And save ur megabytes.. #TeamHeaven#
lmao why you just take a tiny look at it, and also read about other gods cus they are thousands of them like zwus, horus, osiris, mythras, allah just read about all of em too
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by Shawl001(m): 10:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
johnydon22:

lmao why you just take a tiny look at it, and also read about other gods cus they are thousands of them like zwus, horus, osiris, mythras, allah just read about all of em too
. I can also post about Jehovah there too so that you can read about it.....hahahaha#
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by johnydon22(m): 10:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
Shawl001:
. I can also post about Jehovah there too so that you can read about it.....hahahaha#
yahweh and jehova are they not the same ni
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by Shawl001(m): 6:49am On Jan 23, 2015
johnydon22:

yahweh and jehova are they not the same ni
. Well bro, let's check the encyclopedia!
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by Sirniyeh(m): 7:49am On Jan 23, 2015
It's unfortunate that you've not all answered my questions! The issue of Old or New Testament is a trash. Someone claims The Word was God and Jesus is the Word.

How can someone be so blinded to the truth. Does it sound wise and meaningful? So the Word was crucified and still we are preached to that Bible is the Word. Confusion...!

What is the difference and similarity between the Word that was with God and the paper Word printed to be Bible?

Explanations needed...
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by Shawl001(m): 8:02am On Jan 23, 2015
Sirniyeh:
It's unfortunate that you've not all answered my questions! The issue of Old or New Testament is a trash. Someone claims The Word was God and Jesus is the Word.

How can someone be so blinded to the truth. Does it sound wise and meaningful? So the Word was crucified and still we are preached to that Bible is the Word. Confusion...!

What is the difference and similarity between the Word that was with God and the paper Word printed to be Bible?

Explanations needed...
. Any further explanation will only make your soul more confused. Its shows to me that you re confused and ignorance...what a pity. I'm so sure, U̶̲̥̅̊ aint born again yet..cos' if U̶̲̥̅̊ re, U̶̲̥̅̊ will know more about your Father..jes as i can't explain who ur earthly father is, so is God. Only when you re His son that the true knowledge øƒ Him will be made known to you. Come to Jesus and everything will be made clearer to you. I can't explain who d word is neither can any man, Only the Holy Spirit can do that in Full to you. #TeamHeaven#
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by johnydon22(m): 8:57am On Jan 23, 2015
Shawl001:
. Well bro, let's check the encyclopedia!
Bia this man jehova is the anglo translation of yahweh grin
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by dd12345: 9:42am On Jan 23, 2015
Shawl001:
. Any further explanation will only make your soul more confused. Its shows to me that you re confused and ignorance...what a pity. I'm so sure, U̶̲̥̅̊ aint born again yet..cos' if U̶̲̥̅̊ re, U̶̲̥̅̊ will know more about your Father..jes as i can't explain who ur earthly father is, so is God. Only when you re His son that the true knowledge øƒ Him will be made known to you. Come to Jesus and everything will be made clearer to you. I can't explain who d word is neither can any man, Only the Holy Spirit can do that in Full to you. #TeamHeaven#

@Sirniyeh, johnydon22, & OTHERS, I am recommending the comments of these people…Shawl001, Osahon7, Emusan & ayoku777 for you…those comment are great and very true…I,m bearing witness to that…pls take it serious…
THERE IS NO WAY A MAN CAN UNDASTAND THE NATURE OF GOD without the help of the holy spirit…these guys have already given you the answers to the questions…you cannto use ur human brain and mind to undastand God…you can always using the word(the bible) with the help of the holy spirit.
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by johnydon22(m): 9:54am On Jan 23, 2015
dd12345:

@Sirniyeh, johnydon22, & OTHERS, I am recommending the comments of these people…Shawl001, Osahon7, Emusan & ayoku777 for you…those comment are great and very true…I,m bearing witness to that…pls take it serious…
THERE IS NO WAY A MAN CAN UNDASTAND THE NATURE OF GOD without the help of the holy spirit…these guys have already given you the answers to the questions…you cannto use ur human brain and mind to undastand God…you can always using the word(the bible) with the help of the holy spirit.
lmao... SMH....sometimes you just have to ignore some shii
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by Shawl001(m): 9:54am On Jan 23, 2015
dd12345:

. Wow! Finally, a fellow brother in Christ. Thanks bro. I know there are more øƒ us out there, who truly knows that, true clarifications or explanations on God and His divinity can only be Made possible by The Holy spirit, Not man. I solely depend on the Holy spirit more, though i read books from annoited men øƒ God but, the Holy scripture MORE!!! #TeamHeaven#
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by johnydon22(m): 10:09am On Jan 23, 2015
Shawl001:
. Wow! Finally, a fellow brother in Christ. Thanks bro. I know there are more øƒ us out there, who truly knows that, true clarifications or explanations on God and His divinity can only be Made possible by The Holy spirit, Not man. I solely depend on the Holy spirit more, though i read books from annoited men øƒ God but, the Holy scripture MORE!!! #TeamHeaven#
exactly what am saying... it can only be made possible by the holy spirit and am sure you are filled with the holy spirit... Can you now regale us that wonderful explanation the holy spirit gave to you
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by Shawl001(m): 10:26am On Jan 23, 2015
johnydon22:

exactly what am saying... it can only be made possible by the holy spirit and am sure you are filled with the holy spirit... Can you now regale us that wonderful explanation the holy spirit gave to you
. Absolutely! No matter what i say or concepts i use, to explain what the Holy spirit has revealed to me, you lack capacity or the *enablement* to understand, cos' U̶̲̥̅̊ think and reason from a human perspective. So, every øƒ ur replies source from ur human reasoning which will not go along with my explanations...atleast, with the ones have made earlier which proved futile to you...how then will U̶̲̥̅̊ understand more øƒ it when i tell U̶̲̥̅̊. D problem is, U̶̲̥̅̊ attack and think from the human perspective, which is not profiting. It will only make U̶̲̥̅̊ more confused and ignorant. Try reason from the Spiritual point øƒ it. God is not a man, He is neither flesh, and this means, nothing øƒ flesh or human understanding can explain or define Him, except things øƒ the Spirit...which springs forth from the Holy Spirit. #teamHeaven#
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by johnydon22(m): 10:41am On Jan 23, 2015
Shawl001:
. Absolutely! No matter what i say or concepts i use, to explain what the Holy spirit has revealed to me, you lack capacity or the *enablement* to understand, cos' U̶̲̥̅̊ think and reason from a human perspective. So, every øƒ ur replies source from ur human reasoning which will not go along with my explanations...atleast, with the ones have made earlier which proved futile to you...how then will U̶̲̥̅̊ understand more øƒ it when i tell U̶̲̥̅̊. D problem is, U̶̲̥̅̊ attack and think from the human perspective, which is not profiting. It will only make U̶̲̥̅̊ more confused and ignorant. Try reason from the Spiritual point øƒ it. God is not a man, He is neither flesh, and this means, nothing øƒ flesh or human understanding can explain or define Him, except things øƒ the Spirit...which springs forth from the Holy Spirit. #teamHeaven#
very good then give me the explanation the holy spirit gave you... am still wondering why this holy spirit teaches y'all stuff that is still within your scope of assumptions and teaches different indvidual different thing over one stuff... mehn this spirit seems to be individual too grin
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by Shawl001(m): 2:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
johnydon22:

very good then give me the explanation the holy spirit gave you... am still wondering why this holy spirit teaches y'all stuff that is still within your scope of assumptions and teaches different indvidual different thing over one stuff... mehn this spirit seems to be individual too grin
. The Holy spirit doesn't breed confusion but enlightenment. Bro, ders nothing i can say that U̶̲̥̅̊ will understand..#U can never convince a monkey to stop eating banana, U̶̲̥̅̊ are only wasting ur time doing that#... Ask the Holy spirit...or better still, read ur bible and listen to audio xtian msgs...it will help...take care#. #TeamHeaven#
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by dd12345: 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
Shawl001:
. The Holy spirit doesn't breed confusion but enlightenment. Bro, ders nothing i can say that U̶̲̥̅̊ will understand..#U can never convince a monkey to stop eating banana, U̶̲̥̅̊ are only wasting ur time doing that#... Ask the Holy spirit...or better still, read ur bible and listen to audio xtian msgs...it will help...take care#. #TeamHeaven#
@johnydon22 let me help you by requoting the previous comments of Shawl001, Osahon7, Emusan & ayoku777 for your undatanding...
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by Osahon7(m): 8:17am On Jan 22
From my little understanding about the powerful word of God!
1) John 1:1 In the beginning was God and Word was with God and word was God! Meaning in the Beginning God was already in existence before the was Earth created
2) Let us make man“ it was a convo btw God the father, The Son, and the Spirit! Trinity
3)God Created the first couple hence he gave them the ability to procreate! Just as he gave them the ability to breath
4)Read your bible...abel sacrifice wen to God as a sweet smelling savor but Cain own wasn't..infact @ that time, God freely communicate with ppl on earth unlike now when there is so much see in the world

the Word been referred to is Jesus christ! The existence of God can't be traced! He has been existing from time immemorial!(b4 time began)...my own addition...time began when man(adam died...the day he sinned against God...he was separated from the source of life...adam was created to live forever...sin he ate the fruit...the was separated from God...and time was set in motion...as result of death in adam's soul...)
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by Emusan(m): 11:18am On Jan 22
First of all swallow this verse before I proceed "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools," Romans 1:22

Sirniyeh:
For ages past, I have been seeking the right understanding to get convinced about Bible God. And I'm curious to know where was God before Genesis Chapter 1!

If you've been SEEKING THE RIGHT UNDERSTANDING then you should have asked for wisdom to ask the RIGHT QUESTION.

According to the book of Genesis, it's written:
1. "In the beginning God created..." Where was God before the commencement of the creation?

Where was the Builder before the commencement of the Building?

*ETERNITY=NO TIME and SPACE=NO CREATION
*CREATION=BEGINNING OF TIME and SPACE=EXISTENCE OF NON-ETERNITY.
God brought Creation out of Eternity and the meaning of the name of God "I AM that I AM"...interpreted "I AM (before creation) that (when there's no creation) I AM"
God can bring creation into halt but ETERNITY continues.

2. "...Let us create man in our own image..." The word "OUR" brings confusion. Who were the people (the co-creators) with God at the theatre room? Or were they female and male gods who mate to produce their likeness? Also who were the witnesses that brought the scene to book?

Dumbest question,
Firstly, the OUR connotes the GODHEAD and the co-creators are The Word and The Holy spirit.
How can there be witness when the supposed witness(es) were brought into existence

3. "...Let them procreate and replenish..." This raises important question. How did first couple get the idea of having sexxx before they couple procreate? Who revealed the understanding of the hole beneath a woman for procreation?

And you called this question :-/ :-/

4. "...that Abel's sacrifice was accepted and Cain was not..." What was the proof of offering acceptance then? And what is the proof of offering acceptance today?

The reason isn't that you're seeking for the truth but you've already made up your mind not to know the truth, if not you won't ask another dumbest question here.

The simple proof for acceptance of offering both then and now is God loves a CHEERFUL GIVER. Was Cain given his offering with a pure and cheerful heart? Absolutely NO!

Dear brothers in faith,
Until I'm made clear with dissemination of right knowledge about this issue, I remain unbeliever.

You said and I quote "Dear brothers in faith" and go on to say "I remain unbeliever."
How can unbeliever still believe he is a brother in faith?

Are you in possession of right knowledge?

Are you sure you possess this right knowledge?

Share it and save a soul...

Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by ayoku777
So according to you, anything that can't be grasped by the human mind lacks merit.

We need to understand that we are fallen; and even though we have been redeemed by the blood of the lamb, as long as we are still tabernacled in this mortal, corruptible flesh; there is only so much about God that we can fully wrap our hearts and minds around.

Until the age to come, when we are given our glorified minds and bodies; some questions about God will continue to puzzle our fallen minds.

Like how can God not have have a beginning? And how can He pre-exist all things -including time and space.

You said where was God before creation? He was nowhere, "where" was in God; "where" came out of God; God created "where". Before God there was no "where".

Yes, I know that makes no sense to the fallen mind. We will need to wait for our glorified minds and bodies to be able to comprehend that depth of information. Its beyond the 3-dimensional view of our psyche.

John 1v3 -ALL THINGS were made by Him (the Word); and without Him was not ANYTHING (including time and space) MADE that was made.

So according to scripture;

The Father procreated the Word, that is why Christ is called "the beginning of the creation of God" (Rev 3v14).

And then the Word in turn created all things -space and time, and everything that consists in space and time; spiritual and physical, material and virtual, visible and invisible.

So in the beginning was the Father and the Word, no time, no space, no "where" -NOTHING.

In the age to come, when we are delivered from this corruptible tabernacle, and we are given our glorified minds and bodies; we will wrap our hearts and minds around this truth much better.

Until then we walk by faith within the limits of the revelation of Him that we can know by His Holy Spirit -as we beseech to behold His glory.

As Joyce Meyer said, "Trust requires unanswered questions."

Trust in God isn't about figuring out everything about Him. Most times it is about knowing enough about His love and His power, enough to believe Him for the things we don't know enough about.

We need to find a way to be content with the fact that there will always be some things we won't know fully about God and Christ until we see their face, and we receive our glorified bodies and minds to fully comprehend.

Until then we just have to realize that God has chosen to put some information beyond the limits of our fallen minds for now

Revelation 10v4 -...and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, SEAL UP THOSE THINGS which the seven thunders uttered, and WRITE THEM NOT.

So I'm content with seeking Him for the knowledge of that which is written, as I'm ok to wait until i see His face, for the knowledge of that which is not written.

Hope this helps.

God bless.
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by Sirniyeh(m): 5:26am On Jan 24, 2015
Shawl001:

Do I need to come to Jesus before I get the understanding needed? That's blunder error! Where and how will I locate Jesus? So the people who are not in Jesus don't have holy spirit?

Self deception. Get it clear, holy Spirit is not synonymous with Jesus! Holy Spirit is a natural endowment, it is an embodiment of the real person.

What of the Muslim Faithfuls? So because they are not in christ, holy spirit does not reside in them. Please, thanks for the confirmation from you that I'm not born again. Yes, it is because Man is meant to be born once.
Re: OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' by Shawl001(m): 5:32am On Jan 24, 2015
Sirniyeh:

Do I need to come to Jesus before I get the understanding needed? That's blunder error! Where and how will I locate Jesus? So the people who are not in Jesus don't have holy spirit?

Self deception. Get it clear, holy Spirit is not synonymous with Jesus! Holy Spirit is a natural endowment, it is an embodiment of the real person.

What of the Muslim Faithfuls? So because they are not in christ, holy spirit does not reside in them. Please, thanks for the confirmation from you that I'm not born again. Yes, it is because Man is meant to be born once.
. Hahahaha, from ur words, U̶̲̥̅̊'ve spelt urself out. Now i no who U̶̲̥̅̊ are...arrggrh..such ignorance..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor E.a. Adeboye Of Rccg Speaks On Make-u, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair. / The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion / JESUS Christ Is GOD Scripturally Explained.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.