Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 (7353 Views)

December Holyghost Congress 2014 @RCCG (the Great Sherpherd) / Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? / Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by skyone(m): 7:15am On Dec 23, 2008
Could this be a new begining for our political leaders in Nigeria; well 'i guess this's probably where the spirit and idea of restructuring LAGOS is coming from
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by Ben13: 10:53am On Dec 23, 2008
A welcome Development
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by damiso(f): 10:58am On Dec 23, 2008
skyone:

Could this be a new begining for our political leaders in Nigeria; well 'i guess this's probably where the spirit and idea of restructuring LAGOS is coming from

Pleaase It was a political or should i say PR move.The man is a muslim.
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by noetic(m): 4:20pm On Dec 23, 2008
I actually heard he attends celestial church. . . . .  .
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by ethika(m): 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2008
Well you know what they say niaja needs prayers and since lagos is the center of excellence eh won't want to be left out, infact don't be shock if we see him @ the shrine lagos need prayers. grin
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by okpunor(m): 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2008
Nigeria is undergoing a revolutionary trend.
We should be glad to welcome this,
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by SisiJinx: 4:33pm On Dec 23, 2008
@ Topic
See nothing wrong with it! It's not like there is a place in the books which says the ground will open or the walls for come crumbling down if a Muslim steps into a Church or a Christian into a Mosque. The more the merrier. . . that's what I say!!

Let the division, us vs. them shtick go people. . .  and have a Merry Christmas!!  cheesy cheesy

Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by mascott(m): 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2008
Wether he attends a church or a mosque is not important, as long as Lagosians are the better for it.
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by KunleOshob(m): 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2008
skyone:

Could this be a new begining for our political leaders in Nigeria; well 'i guess this's probably where the spirit and[b] idea of restructuring LAGOS is coming from[/b]
The next thing we will hear is this pentecostal people giving testimony that Raji Fashola is successful in Lagos becos he attended their Holy Ghost carnival Did he answer the alter call? just checking    undecided
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 23, 2008
Not in any way surprised. We are talking about politicians here. Ready to do anything to gain acceptance among different clusters of society. Obasanjo, though openly professed Christianity, never used to miss Ramadan fasting since 1999, while he lasted as President. I see all these things as rubbish. Be a Muslim if you want to, and a christian if you want to. I lost an election in my department in the University because I was a Muslim. The Christians were the majority, but I can't stand politics of religion, having to temporarily turn to Christian to gain acceptance among them. This is hypocrisy, I believe.
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by canalarge: 4:58pm On Dec 23, 2008
God is one
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by Lagosboy: 5:03pm On Dec 23, 2008
skyone:

Same way the poverty OBJ bestowed upon us came from the Holy Ghost events
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by otokx(m): 5:14pm On Dec 23, 2008
@Lagosboy

You hit the head on the nail. People want to reap where they did not sow.
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by KunleOshob(m): 5:16pm On Dec 23, 2008
Lagosboy:

Same way the poverty OBJ bestowed upon us came from the Holy Ghost events
This is a very untrue statement OBJ actually did a lot to better our economy and he recorded numerous successes as such our income per capita moved from less than $300 when OBJ came in 1999 to over $1200 by the time he left in 2007. Our stock market also grew by 6000% in this same period that is not to talk of the world acclaimed Mega banks we have now. Of cousre our bountiful foreign resevres is also quite glaring not to talk of the fact that he left the country almost debt free considering the fact that we were owing over $30 billion when he came in. The man OBJ is certainly the best president this country as ever had.
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by lexicon(m): 5:25pm On Dec 23, 2008
KunleOshob:

This is a very untrue statement OBJ actually did a lot to better our economy and he recorded numerous successes as such our income per capita moved from less than $300 when OBJ came in 1999 to over $1200 by the time he left in 2007. Our stock market also grew by 6000% in this same period that is not to talk of the world acclaimed Mega banks we have now. Of cousre our bountiful foreign resevres is also quite glaring not to talk of the fact that he left the country almost debt free considering the fact that we were owing over $30 billion when he came in. The man OBJ is certainly the best president this country as ever had.

Well spoken my broda

I dont know why ppl are condeming d man. he has the greatest acheivment, compare 2 odas dat has ruled us b4
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by allboyz(m): 5:42pm On Dec 23, 2008
na tru o0o0, OBJ did very well, but people did not see it that way, its even more stupid the way our so-called comedians abuse him, shit!!
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by Lagosboy: 5:43pm On Dec 23, 2008
KunleOshob:

Translate all this to the what the common man on the street would understand.

Power: The MW OBJ left was lesser than what he met. Nigerians even still had more power during the Evil IBB's time
Food
Transportation: No single federal highway can attest to the 300 billion naira sunk in there.
Healthcare: The Federal hospitals are still in a sorry state
Shelter: Tell us how much cement costs now and compare this to the Govts workers salary.

This are the basic things the average Nigerian has a right for.

The GDP of $1200 u mentioned makes us about the 36th country in africa out of 50. Is that an achievement? Despite all the billions made from $80-$100 per barell OBJ made.

You mentioned foreign reserve. Of what use is a foreign reserve when the infrastructure are begging for help. No infrastructure no foreign investment.

This is not the political section though i would have gone on and on!!

Lastly OBJ imposed this baba go slow that has no clue of what development is on us. This is the worst of OBJ's crime
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by Echidime(m): 5:45pm On Dec 23, 2008
“As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change.” (Bhagavad-gita chapter 2, text 13)

Every one is searching to know whom he or she really is.

In the modern age, people are so uneducated that they cannot understand that the body is changing at every moment and that the ultimate change is called death. In this life one may be a king, and in the next life one may be a dog, according to karma. The spirit soul is in a deep slumber caused by the force of material nature. He is put into one type of condition and again changed into another type. Without self realization and knowledge, conditional life continues, and one falsely claims himself a king, a cat, or a dog. These are simply transformations brought about by the supreme arrangement
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by MrCrackles(m): 6:09pm On Dec 23, 2008
Big deal!
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by earTHMama: 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2008

God is one

Yes for those who serve Him in spirit through our savior Jesus Christ.
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by doyin13(m): 6:55pm On Dec 23, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Let the division, us vs. them shtick go people. . .  and have a Merry Christmas!!  cheesy cheesy

Na wa oo. . .

Me thinks you are taking this seasonal thing too literally

whatever next will you suggest

Obj and Atiku should exchange presents

tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by sherrylo: 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2008
Whats the big deal? remember he is a governor for Lagos state not a governor for Muslim people in Lagos! so if invited he has every right to be there!
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by Cayon(f): 7:00pm On Dec 23, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

@ Topic
See nothing wrong with it! It's not like there is a place in the books which says the ground will open or the walls for come crumbling down if a Muslim steps into a Church or a Christian into a Mosque. The more the merrier. . . that's what I say!!

Let the division, us vs. them shtick go people. . .  and have a Merry Christmas!!  cheesy cheesy

True Talk.  And let me add what Hay-seus  (Jesus pronounced in Spanish grin) say "All are welcome to the house of God. . . . . .  so let not your heart be troubled"
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by LETDEMSAY(f): 7:10pm On Dec 23, 2008
KunleOshob:

The next thing we will hear is this pentecostal people giving testimony that Raji Fashola is successful in Lagos because he attended their Holy Ghost carnival Did he answer the alter call? just checking undecided

@poster:

Politicials dont have religion.And the moore you know this the better it is for all.Cos as man ruling Govenring both Christian & Muslims (due respect to other religions), you must at any time participate.

Cos politics on its own is a religion.

Well i stand to be correctedoooo
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by tharma(f): 7:51pm On Dec 23, 2008
Is it because he went to church that is why things will change? How many christain governors we have? Have they made their state better? People are myopic and blinded by religious loyalty
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by hedges007(m): 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2008
sherry lo:

Whats the big deal? remember he is a governor for Lagos state not a governor for Muslim people in Lagos! so if invited he has every right to be there!

@ sherry

You yan well my guy.

If perhaps he was unable to make it there, so ignoramus will consider him being too pompous. I believe its never a big deal, after all, he might just be there as an invited dignitary, not as a worshipper. But if decides to worship too, who cares? Hallelujah to Baba, Lagos and Politics could only get better.
Remember, either good or bad, all our political office holders, needs prayers.
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by Frizy(m): 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2008
Chronic hypocrisy.
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by dayokanu(m): 8:40pm On Dec 23, 2008
Chances are that Gbenga Daniels, Alao Akala, Oyinlola and many governors too went for the Holy Ghost Congress.

Thats is why their states are developing at the speed of light.

OBJ probably got his looting techniques and inspiration from the Holy Ghost Congresses too.
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by skyone(m): 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2008
dayokanu:

OBJ probably got his looting techniques and inspiration from the Holy Ghost Congresses too.

ha ha, remember say this man stands for demo-crazy of the first order
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by dayokanu(m): 8:58pm On Dec 23, 2008
OBJ was a popula figure at the camp in his days. Wined and dined with the GO so he might have gotten his looting ideas from such sessions
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by gamechange(m): 9:02pm On Dec 23, 2008
And so? that is no big deal, he is a free man in a free country, who cares if he eats his shoe for breakfast, it don't rub no skin of my nose. As long as he keeps doing what he was voted into office to do, i have no issues with him at all.

Big Cudos so far for work in progress.
Re: GOV. Raji Fashola @ Holyghost Congress 08 by ajiriavae(f): 9:17pm On Dec 23, 2008
this is why there is so much religious intolerance. what is the big deal that a Fashola went for holy ghost night. the man was probably invited by the G.O and honoured it. do we prefer leaders who will refuse to honour other people's religion. i'm a christian woman but i go to mosques when ever i'm invited for weddings or special programs by my muslim friends, does that make me less christian? let's get it together people and stop making a mountain out of a mole hill. the man went to church, good for him. it just means he is not petty about religion. if he doesn't have a problem with it why should anybody else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tongues: A Fundamental Flaw In Pentecostalism / Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes / How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.