Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,261 members, 7,954,005 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:45 AM

Bad Journalism By Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bad Journalism By Sahara Reporters (1266 Views)

Dino Melaye's 2nd Semester Result With Carry Over At ABU Zaria By Sahara Reporte / Diezani Alison-Madueke's 2 Mansions In Dubai - Photos By Sahara Reporters / Phone Numbers Of Governors As Published By Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Journalism By Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2015
Doctors’ Strike: Bayelsa Records High Number Of Deaths

The protesting health workers today carried placards with inscriptions that read, “Jonathan save the health sector,” “2015: No proper health care, no vote,” “Jonathan: Our health or your second term: choose.” The protesters urged Mr. Jonathan to immediately take a break from his campaign schedule to address the concerns of the health workers. “If the people are not healthy, how can you tell them to vote for you?” one of the striking workers told SaharaReporter

With scores of health workers at the Federal Medical Center (FMC) in Bayelsa State on strike since last November, the state has seen a sharp rise in the death rate of patients with serious ailments.

Doctors and other medical personnel employed by the Federal Government went on strike almost two months ago to protest what they called the government’s nonchalant response to demands made by the Joint Health Sector Union (JOHESU) and Assembly of Health Care Professionals.

At a rally held today by the striking staff, the chairman of the University Teaching Hospital Research and other Allied Institutions (SSAUTHRIAI), Mr. Save Ubani, told reporters that the strike, which was called in November 2014, has resulted in the deaths of at least 100 patients in the state, including a nursing staff of the FMC, Ms. Theresa Edet.

The protesting health workers today carried placards with inscriptions that read, “Jonathan save the health sector,” “2015: No proper health care, no vote,” “Jonathan: Our health or your second term: choose.” The protesters urged Mr. Jonathan to immediately take a break from his campaign schedule to address the concerns of the health workers. “If the people are not healthy, how can you tell them to vote for you?” one of the striking workers told SaharaReporters. She added: “Out of those dying due to the Federal Government indifference, there are registered voters.”

Mr. Ubani stated that several meetings with officials of the Jonathan administration, including the Ministers of Health as well as that of Labor and Productivity, had failed to persuade the government to address the union’s demands. 

“It is sad that, in the president’s home state, the effect is worrisome and has resulted in a rise in deaths of patients due to the strike action and resulting high expenses paid in private hospital for health care,” said Mr. Ubani.

He added that the workers’ demands were in three categories. They include the unconditional and immediate implementation of all collective bargaining agreements and memoranda of understanding (MoU) signed with JOHESU and the full implementation of all judgment in favor of JOHESU by the National Industrial Court of Nigeria (NICN).

http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/21/doctors’-strike-bayelsa-records-high-number-deaths
Re: Bad Journalism By Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2015
Doctors are not on strike.

1 Like

Re: Bad Journalism By Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 28, 2015
centje:
lunatics abound on Nairaland. it's a pity you are one of them. pls check into psycho ward
Re: Bad Journalism By Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 28, 2015
centje:
I guess you were fed cow milk at birth that's why you feel you can talk anyhow on this forum. you need electroconvulsive therapy for your catatonic schizophrenia mr centje
Re: Bad Journalism By Sahara Reporters by Djicemob: 12:30am On Jan 29, 2015
justirich:

I guess you were fed cow milk at birth that's why you feel you can talk anyhow on this forum. you need electroconvulsive therapy for your catatonic schizophrenia mr centje
You just dey abuse the guy.Whats your point for crying out loud,or you got none?

1 Like

Re: Bad Journalism By Sahara Reporters by eaglechild: 12:38am On Jan 29, 2015
justirich:

lunatics abound on Nairaland. it's a pity you are one of them. pls check into psycho ward

Sahara reporters is known for misrepresentation of facts.
Re: Bad Journalism By Sahara Reporters by asadike(f): 1:15am On Jan 29, 2015
Mr president, docs are on strike in various states in d country, d judiciary too. Pls address these problems now or even me go change my mind.
Re: Bad Journalism By Sahara Reporters by omicron(m): 7:33am On Jan 29, 2015
asadike:
Mr president, docs are on strike in various states in d country, d judiciary too. Pls address these problems now or even me go change my mind.
doctors are not on strike.
Re: Bad Journalism By Sahara Reporters by otokx(m): 7:35am On Jan 29, 2015
Re: Bad Journalism By Sahara Reporters by omicron(m): 7:37am On Jan 29, 2015
justirich:

You surely enjoyed ur psych postings so much u behave like a psycho. Or how else do u want a sane mind to rationalise ur crazy outburst and unprovoked insultz

1 Like

Re: Bad Journalism By Sahara Reporters by kay1one(m): 7:52am On Jan 29, 2015
justirich:

Are you not insane? !
Re: Bad Journalism By Sahara Reporters by kay1one(m): 7:52am On Jan 29, 2015
justirich:

You're insane!

(1) (Reply)

Governor Fashola Accusing GEJ Of Sabotaging GMB/PYO Campaign Strategies. / My Confusing Encounter With An APC Door To Door Campaign Representative - Read / Why Nigeria’ll Regret If Buhari Wins — Fasehun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.