Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? (41838 Views)

"Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) / My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast / ''UCH Ibadan Doctors Killed My Wife'' - Man Says (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Nobody: 5:58am On Jan 24, 2015
Ojugunrege:

we had absolutely no cause to be suspicious or alarmed. the hospitals we use are very reputable ones with standard disposal systems.
besides, we had nowhere to bury them...we live in a rented apartment.
i think the less superstitious u are, the better in these matters. it is well!

K cry
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by BreezyRita(f): 6:06am On Jan 24, 2015
The hospital will give you that? Thought they disposed of it themselves. Neways, bury, burn whichever. But my mom says burying is what she knows
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by paparazzi1987(m): 6:07am On Jan 24, 2015
Wait, let me ask IFA
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by LOVEGINO(m): 6:11am On Jan 24, 2015
Maikwalabe dey buy am na.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 24, 2015
U can sell it ....( for cosmetic use)
U can bury it...
U can eat it..(highly nutritious)..
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 6:22am On Jan 24, 2015
chuksfor13:
Wetin concern me, I carry my baby home. Dey shld take care of dat one.

it concerns you! Coz if you are careless with it and Dog sees it and eat the placenta,then if your child now eventually grown up at maturity stage,he/she will be thirsty of having SEX all the time.GBAM!!!
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Tonyking: 6:29am On Jan 24, 2015
My experience on this issue so far is this. Burn it and gathered the ash, and look for a specific place in the bible that replicate good wishes e.g. psalm 24:1-4. pray on it and be specific on what you want your child to be in life and blow it on air is a secret and mystery.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by femi4: 6:39am On Jan 24, 2015
s3nn2x:
Under no condition should you bury the placenta or throw it away. I am talking from a Christian perspective. The one way to dispose it is to burn it. Pour dusting power on the placenta, and it would dry the blood, after that, pour petrol on it and born it, make sure you born it to ashes. Also make sure you handle the placenta by yourself. Don't trust anyone, not even your mother in law.....
Haba, kilo le to yen.........African mentality, everybody is after their lives
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Lexusgs430: 6:41am On Jan 24, 2015
Why did you not let the hospital dispose it? Abi you dey consider to take am do kayan ciki pepper soup?
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by femi4: 6:41am On Jan 24, 2015
Tonyking:
My experience on this issue so far is this. Burn it and gathered the ash, and look for a specific place in the bible that replicate good wishes e.g. psalm 24:1-4. pray on it and be specific on what you want your child to be in life and blow it on air is a secret and mystery.
Are you performing rituals?

2 Likes

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by kokobi99: 6:41am On Jan 24, 2015
what of a situation that one living oversea, how can it be disposed, though government many not allow self disposal.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by femi4: 6:44am On Jan 24, 2015
Ayomidegbenga1:

it concerns you! Coz if you are careless with it and Dog sees it and eat the placenta,then if your child now eventually grown up at maturity stage,he/she will be thirsty of having SEX all the time.GBAM!!!
Show me a man that is not thirsty of having sex. Another Superstition based on fallacy

2 Likes

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by sportsinyoruba: 6:48am On Jan 24, 2015
Its better to bury straight away..
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by MARKone(m): 6:48am On Jan 24, 2015
coalcoal1:
You simply wrap it up and throw away

You just don't wrap your baby's placenta and trow away just like that. Care should be taken when disposing of it, that is why it is handed over to the father of the child to dispose off, even if the hospital does not hand it over, the husband must ask for it. People can be fetish, so one needs to be careful, at least for the sake of the new born child.

@ OP, burning it at times is difficult, the best thing to do is find a place you are comfortable with, and bury it, and bury it deep to avoid scavengers like dogs from digging it out. Alternatively, you might as well flush it down the toilet in bits.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 24, 2015
Burn n bury it
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Yazmin: 6:49am On Jan 24, 2015
helphelp:
I've been wondering what to do with my wife's placenta since it will be given to me(so I heard) after she delivers.

I will appreciate your kind advices.

I've heard some bury it

Some cook and eat

Some just dispose

Waiting on your responses

In my village, we plant it in the farm,it germinates and nine months later we harvest a new born baby!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by linkrayz(m): 6:54am On Jan 24, 2015
Simple, call your parents and found out how they handled yours then do that to your child's.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by repogirl(f): 6:56am On Jan 24, 2015
My kids own were all buried. I doubt you can eat it, some people do (oyibo people ofcourse) but the thing has a nasty smell and feel.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 24, 2015
cococandy:
Just bury it man. Or let the hospital dispose of it. It should be part of their duties Except you request otherwise

Dangerous! How would you know if they had actually disposed of it or kept it elsewhere for future selfish use. Dont trust anyone.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 24, 2015
Clinic to take care of my baby placenta?No i can't do that,simply take it and bury it where only you know,Some people sha,"Cook and eat placenta"Haaaa,that's cannibalism nah
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by ligopedro: 7:05am On Jan 24, 2015
You can burn or bury it .. That what i did and don't give it to someone to do it for you ... it either you or ya Dad. my dad did my first son when i wasnt around .. Bury it yasef ..

1 Like

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by mekybabe1: 7:08am On Jan 24, 2015
infobiz9ja:
Locate Clifford Orji he would do justice to the Placenta.
. Clifford Orji died a long time ago. Let him just bury it.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by ligopedro: 7:08am On Jan 24, 2015
Yazmin:

In my village, we plant it in the farm,it germinates and nine months later we harvest a new born baby!
So it like a seed abi ? Which village u come from sef ... you funny tho
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by montel: 7:10am On Jan 24, 2015
I once read about women that store their placenta as capsule to be taken as medicine which is very helpful to the female body after birth. As most animals like the She goat do eat her placenta for strength after giving birth. Mine was buried cause I don't know if we have that facility to use it and make capsule( drug).
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by kilokeys(m): 7:11am On Jan 24, 2015
Blend and store in the freezer..

she might ask u later..

they use if for their hair products .. i sw somewhere that placentas are good for hair

grin
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by dahunsy(f): 7:12am On Jan 24, 2015
coughs***clears throat....cook it for 30mins and add indomine spices. ...ur life would never remain the same
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by kokobi99: 7:18am On Jan 24, 2015
kokobi99:
what of a situation that one living oversea, how can it be disposed, though government many not allow self disposal.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by juanmiguel: 7:21am On Jan 24, 2015
we use it to plant plantain in my place
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 24, 2015
Anyone who says Cook and eat is a vampire! grin
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by olamonsor2: 7:28am On Jan 24, 2015
Sun dry it and burn it. You can ask reasons and I will tell u.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Juliesexy(f): 7:34am On Jan 24, 2015
Did I just see, "cook & eat"? Dear, Lord! shocked
Op, where have you seen that? undecided
Ewwww! embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: 2 Vedic Lifecare Hospital Workers Test Positive In Lagos / Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face / Man Battling With His Life After Bragging And Drinking 6 Bottles Of 42% Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.