Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,975 members, 7,956,646 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:12 PM

What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? (42417 Views)

"Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) / My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast / ''UCH Ibadan Doctors Killed My Wife'' - Man Says (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:36am On Jan 24, 2015
helphelp:
I've been wondering what to do with my wife's placenta since it will be given to me(so I heard) after she delivers.

I will appreciate your kind advices.

I've heard some bury it

Some cook and eat

Some just dispose

Waiting on your responses

Are you serious! shocked
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by marjson(m): 7:43am On Jan 24, 2015
helphelp:
I've been wondering what to do with my wife's placenta since it will be given to me(so I heard) after she delivers.

I've heard some bury it

Some cook and eat

Some just dispose

Simply ask the elders in your family( Especially your Father) Every family have a way of treating it.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Wendy80(f): 7:43am On Jan 24, 2015
elantraceey:
Op where did you hear cook and eat? shocked

He heard from Kim kardashian undecided
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by searay(m): 7:50am On Jan 24, 2015
fabulous01:
Pray over it cos it has spiritual implication over the child........then look for a cool soil, dig like a feet den bury it inside....make sure u re not watched/monitor.....let not dog smell it or eat........cos it a negative effect on d child.......just do d needfu cos ur dad did same to protect ur future........ Welcome to d world Nairaland baby......wa dogbo wa digba in Jesus name.
Do this and don't be ignorance of the devises of the devil. Indeed there is a spiritual implication.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by deebee13(f): 7:50am On Jan 24, 2015
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by darepoju(m): 7:57am On Jan 24, 2015
cococandy:
Just bury it man. Or let the hospital dispose of it. It should be part of their duties Except you request otherwise
u mean its part of their duties to use someone s placenta for rituals...
u dey talk like say no b naija u dey!...

don't u know its ingredient for ritual?...
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by joelenesleek(f): 7:57am On Jan 24, 2015
babyosisi:
Nigerians and foolish superstitions.why will a useless bloody placenta leave the hospital?see how these people spread infections.
do you really have to call Nigerians beliefs foolish? If you have a better way of contributing to the topic please do share cause I was following the topic and you just distracted me. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Rexyl(m): 7:59am On Jan 24, 2015
montel:
I once read about women that store their placenta as capsule to be taken as medicine which is very helpful to the female body after birth. As most animals like the She goat do eat her placenta for strength after giving birth. Mine was buried cause I don't know if we have that facility to use it and make capsule( drug).

capsule ke? Make sure you get it from the hospital and burry it. That's the simplest way of handling it.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by joelenesleek(f): 8:04am On Jan 24, 2015
Yazmin:

In my village, we plant it in the farm,it germinates and nine months later we harvest a new born baby!
lmao, Op give this boi a spiritual knock.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Onegai(f): 8:06am On Jan 24, 2015
You can cook it and eat it (I know a couple who did), it's nutritious.

You can bury it and plant a tree beside it (in the past planting underneath plantain -tree symbolise protection or long-life).

Or you can burn it otherwise the witches and wizards in Africa who are waiting around the corner will get you! Those witches and demons left Western society a long time ago when they realised Westerners were willing to base their Faith on science and logic and would take responsibility for their actions and its consequences. Luckily, Africans aren't such strong thinkers or they would have been out of a job.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Speakdatruth: 8:22am On Jan 24, 2015
helphelp:

Oh yeah..makes sense

Tx
dat tin takes 2/3hrs to burn.
dont use petrol, disel or kero is gud
burnin is d best as oda means hav got adverse effect
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by lozanni(m): 8:40am On Jan 24, 2015
delishpot:

Cord blood is a sample of blood taken from a newborn baby's umbilical cord. It is a rich source of stem cells, which have been used in the treatment of over 80 diseases,[1] including leukemia, lymphoma and anemia. The most common disease category has been leukemia. The next largest group is inherited diseases (of red blood cells, the immune system and certain metabolic abnormalities.) Patients with lymphoma, myelodysplasia and severe aplastic anemia have also been successfully transplanted with cord blood.[citation needed] Parents may choose to bank their newborn's cord blood against the possibility that it will be useful in the future, should the child or a related family member fall victim to a disease that is treatable by cord blood stem cells.[citation needed]

Cord blood is collected from the umbilical cord vein attached to the placenta after the umbilical cord has been detached from the newborn.[2] Cord blood is collected because it contains stem cells, including hematopoietic cells, which can be used to treat hematopoietic and genetic disorders. One unit of cord blood generally lacks stem cells in a quantity sufficient to treat an adult patient. The placenta is a much better source of stem cells since it contains up to ten times more than cord blood.[3] Some placental blood may be returned to the neonatal circulation if the umbilical cord is not prematurely clamped.[4] According to Eileen K. Hutton, PhD, and Eman S. Hassan, MBBch, cord clamping should be delayed a minimum of two minutes to prevent anemia over the first three months of life and enriching iron stores and ferritin levels for as long as 6 months. (Ref. "Late vs Early Clamping of the Umbilical Cord in Full-term Neonates," JAMA, March 21, 2007) If the umbilical cord is not clamped, and it is not during an extended-delayed cord clamping protocol, a physiological postnatal occlusion occurs upon
interaction with cold air, when the internal gelatinous substance, called Wharton's jelly, swells around the umbilical artery and veins.

You Are very correct.
I also heard, don't know If Its true, That some big cosmetic firms in Europe, mix The blood with other chemicals to produce highly nourishing skin cremes.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by helphelp: 8:48am On Jan 24, 2015
balogun12345:
GREETINGS TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
NIGERIA CUSTOMS AUTHORIZED SALES OF CARS(BATCH B)
CALL THE MARKETING DEPARTMENT OFFICE LINE
OFFICER BALOGUN ON 08092205545...(+234)
NIGERIA CUSTOMS (NATIONAL AUTHORIZED CAR AUCTIONS/SALES) FOR 2014-2015
TO BUY CALL THE MARKETING DEPARTMENT OFFICE BALOGUN LINE 08092205545-WE HAVE
DIRECT TOKUNBO CARS FOR SALE AT CHEAPER PRICES.
These cars were seized by government officials at border and the
time duration given to the owners to claim their cars has elapse so
they are been sold in a give away price at very affordable prices to
place an order of your choice call the maketing department
FIRST HAND CARS FOR NATIONAL AUCTION/SALES AT AFFORDABLE
PRICES,INTERESTED BUYERS SHOULD CONTACT IN CHARGE OFFICER BALOGUN ON
08092205545,WE HAVE COMPETENT DRIVERS TO MAKE DELIVERY
NATIONWIDE.MODEL/YEAR OF MANUFACTURE..........1999 t0 2014
INTERIOR..........LEATHER AND FABRIC
AC..........CHILLING FACTORY AC
WHEEL..........GOOD TYRE, ALLOY WHEEL
TO BUY,HEAD OFFICE COMMAND ZONE 1 WAREHOUSE,BADAGRY EXPRESS WAY/COTONOU/SEME BORDER AND FOR DELIVERY/SHIPPING/CLEARANCE/CONTAINERS.
NOTE-ALL CARS ARE TESTED OK, WITH MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
WE HAVE DIRECT TOKUNBOR/BEGIUM/COTONOU CARS VERY CLEAN,BRAND NEW CARS,THE CARS ARE OF VARIOUS MAKES AND SPECS.
RANGING FROM JAPANESE TO AMERICAN,GERMAN,
SALE AT CHEAPER PRICES CALL SEME BORDER OFFICE NUMBERS- OFFICER BALOGUN ON 08092205545 COMMANDANT MARKETING DEPARTMENT..
CALL FOR MORE DETAILS...PLEASE NOTE SALES CLOSING SOON THE NIGERIA CUSTOM SERVICE AUCTION MARKET NOW OPEN FOR INDIVIDUALS & DEALERS.
THEY ARE SEIZED AND IMPOUNDED CARS DUE TO ILLEGAL IMPORTATION AND LICENSING AS THE VARIOUS IMPORTERS HAVE REFUSED TO COME FOR THE CLAIMS BEFORE THE EXPIRED PERIOD.
THE NIGERIA CUSTOM SERVICE HAVE DECIDED TO SELL THEM OUT AT GIVE AWAY PRICES TO CLEAR THE SPACE IN OUR OFFICE FOR THE YEAR ALL BUYERS SHOULD
NOTE THAT BUYING OF NIGERIA AUCTION VEHICLES HAS NO COMPLICATIONS,
SINCE ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS WILL BE HANDED OVER TO CUSTOMERS BY THE DELIVERY
NOTE: Offer Valid While Stock Last; Money back guarantee .THANKS FOR YOUR PATRONAGE...,.

Oya lie say you no be scam Just lie

3 Likes

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Olypeppy(f): 9:03am On Jan 24, 2015
My sister needs that stuff for her projects in uniport
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by acada111(f): 9:12am On Jan 24, 2015
Olypeppy:

My dear, she go try get belle born first make she use her own. lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Ibesmithblog: 9:19am On Jan 24, 2015
My wife and I kept it in plastic and cover it for few days, it will decay small, Then flush it in the toilet. The easiest way for us

1 Like

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Ibesmithblog: 9:27am On Jan 24, 2015
helphelp:

I've heard some bury it

Some cook and eat

Some just dispose

My wife and I reserve it in a plastic and cover for it for a few days. It will soft and decay a little. Flush in the toilet. The safe and easiest way to dispose it
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by thorpido(m): 9:49am On Jan 24, 2015
For some of us who have walked with elders,the placenta is not just anything to dump anywhere.It's a key ingredient for ritualists just like a still born baby and other human parts.Someone who gave a testimony in my church about how he escaped ritualists' den said he saw them pounding a baby in a mortar.

Some people for obodo oyinbo dey claim superstition.

Op,burn and bury it.Shikena
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by comrChris(m): 10:04am On Jan 24, 2015
Olypeppy:
make she go born nau or may be you help her out by conceiving for hubby. my candid advice though
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by fuckerholic(m): 10:05am On Jan 24, 2015
chuksfor13:
Wetin concern me, I carry my baby home. Dey shld take care of dat one.
Careless mofo..better learn cos that's the original purpose of this forum forget all this tonto jim iyke flavour things
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by comrChris(m): 10:07am On Jan 24, 2015
seriously following so that by 8yrs now l will know how to dispose my first child's own

1 Like

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by mosedgreat(m): 10:11am On Jan 24, 2015
Look for Dr D K OLUKOYA book or message Titled “PLACENTA BONDAGE” read it or Listen to it you will be shock about what you will discover. It will also tell you the best and proper way to dispose the PLACENTA
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by delpee(f): 10:16am On Jan 24, 2015
Please bury it without letting anyone know where. There are spiritual issues involved. Some hospital attendants do business with it when consulted by spiritualists/native doctors. Learnt a lot from elders and testimonies in church.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 24, 2015
jamex93:
Bury am....when no body is watching, cause it is dangerful.... So b careful

'dangerful'.....'careful'.....i like your rhyme..lol

1 Like

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by delishpot: 11:21am On Jan 24, 2015
lozanni:

You Are very correct.
I also heard, don't know If Its true, That some big cosmetic firms in Europe, mix The blood with other chemicals to produce highly nourishing skin cremes.

Because of the stem cell.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Infoay: 11:25am On Jan 24, 2015
A good topic...
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Infoay: 11:34am On Jan 24, 2015
s3nn2x:
Under no condition should you bury the placenta or throw it away. I am talking from a Christian perspective. The one way to dispose it is to burn it. Pour dusting power on the placenta, and it would dry the blood, after that, pour petrol on it and born it, make sure you born it to ashes. Also make sure you handle the placenta by yourself. Don't trust anyone, not even your mother in law.....
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Infoay: 11:36am On Jan 24, 2015
s3nn2x:
Under no condition should you bury the placenta or throw it away. I am talking from a Christian perspective. The one way to dispose it is to burn it. Pour dusting power on the placenta, and it would dry the blood, after that, pour petrol on it and born it, make sure you born it to ashes. Also make sure you handle the placenta by yourself. Don't trust anyone, not even your mother in law.....
What do you do with the ashes?
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by seyigiggle: 11:49am On Jan 24, 2015
mosedgreat:
Look for Dr D K OLUKOYA book or message Titled “PLACENTA BONDAGE” read it or Listen to it you will be shock about what you will discover. It will also tell you the best and proper way to dispose the PLACENTA
pls share here, no time to look for the book.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by ekpet(m): 11:59am On Jan 24, 2015
cococandy:
Just bury it man. Or let the hospital dispose of it. It should be part of their duties Except you request otherwise
bros! It isn't part of hospital duties to dispose ur kid plancenta, it's urs ..Kindly bury!!!
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by notoriousbabe: 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
We use it to prepare egusi soup that goes with pounded yam and palm wiine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Stop Mosquitoes And Other Insects From Feeding From You / Girl Whose Leg Was Damaged After Accident All Smiles After Surgery. Photos / Meet Jasmine, The Cancer Survivor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.