Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

modified - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / modified (10072 Views)

mODIFIED / mODIFIED / mODIFIED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: modified by Nobody: 5:42am On Jan 23, 2015
joseph1832:
Dude hasn't it occurred to you that we don't live in a sane society! Nigeria is far from being sane, especially now that the abnormal is now normal and the normal is abnormal!.
My brother, Nigeria is the only country we have. The patriotic act is to to maintain status quo but to make a #change

1 Like

Re: modified by joseph1832(m): 5:49am On Jan 23, 2015
barcanista:
My brother, Nigeria is the only country we have. The patriotic act is to to maintain status quo but to make a #change
I know that, even the status quo sucks!. If I had dual nationality, I would have given up my nationality as a Nigerian.

The happenings everyday in Nigeria can make one cry! I know for a fact that even if GMB becomes president, religious bigotry/extremism as well as tribalism will still be visible in Nigeria. So what's the real change!? Changing our attitude is what really matters.
Re: modified by Mogidi: 5:51am On Jan 23, 2015
[size=15pt]Stop Killing Boko Haram Members – Buhari Tells FG[/size]

Former Head of Military Ruler and Chieftain of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, Major General Muhammadu Buhari has asked the Federal Government to stop the clampdown of Boko Haram insurgents, saying Niger Delta Militants were never killed or properties belonging to them destroyed.

Buhari who spoke on Sunday on a Liberty Radio programme, Guest of the Week monitored said accused the government of killing and destroying houses belonging to Boko Haram members while the Niger Delta militants
http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/stop-killing-boko-haram-members-buhari-tells-fg/

Re: modified by reborn1: 5:55am On Jan 23, 2015
[s]
Redoil:
So this is another gimmick to cover the fake/forge certificate saga? Buhari will be defeated come failbuhari and he will be disgrace and mention as the chief pilot of BH.
Killing jobless people with APC janj.awe.ed and BH ideologies have been their stock in trade since time immemorial.
The kind of Lies been told by APC cyber dogs like egift omenka barcanista passingshot saibuhari gbawe berem predate man and every living thing on earth.
The kind of Lie coming out of the mouth of APC warlords caused the problem we are in today.
Lie makes tinubu having 6 private jet to the detriment of lagosians.
Lies from APC makes BH to slaugther milions of people hoping to be compesated with 72 virgins which is the age of buhari.
POSITIVE SIDE OF LIE
We (men) lie to get into women's pants
we (women) lie to get into men's pocket
we lie to get what we want at no cost
we lie about our age e.g buhari claiming to be 72years when he is actully 82.
We lie to ganner public vote and sympathy.
As for pastors own i will leave that to God's judgement.
musiwa and cramjones are complaing and crying that you have supass them in violent madness and you have purposely been skipping ur drugs so as to wreck havoc among the children of normal human being. Please go back to ur drugs so as to reduce ur madness and pschiatric problem a bit.
[/s]

Meaningless trash.

1 Like

Re: modified by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 23, 2015
joseph1832:
I know that, even the status quo sucks!. If I had dual nationality, I would have given up my nationality as a Nigerian.

The happenings everyday in Nigeria can make one cry! I know for a fact that even if GMB becomes president, religious bigotry/extremism as well as tribalism will still be visible in Nigeria. So what's the real change!? Changing our attitude is what really matters.
Change is a process, Buhari may not have a magic wand but he will definitely institute the change. He has the political will and he's very disciplined and visionary.

1 Like

Re: modified by Redoil: 5:56am On Jan 23, 2015
Barcanista you see the result of violent madnesr. Nigeria is a developing country and you think 5 or 6 is enough to change the country? I will suggest you change the kind of crack you are sniffing
Re: modified by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 23, 2015
[s]
watered:
Leave Jonathan alone all these APC e-Rats. It is on record that a presidential aspirant in 2011 and over the years was quoted as saying that "He will make the country ungovernable if he loses the election" He also was quoted as saying that "If he loses in 2015 the blood of monkeys and baboons will flow"

Such an illiterate made such a pregnant statement considering the volatility of the nation's security system and he's allowed to travel the length and breadth of this country without arrest or security threat?

That same illiterate is aspiring to be president of this same nation he has promised blood flow should he lose.

GEJ isn't a fool to allow him roam and 'moo' words as he so pleases.

That GEJ is a humble man who follows 'due process' in law shouldn't be abused

My stand is this whether you APC folks like it or not; JONATHAN SHALL RULE AGAIN!!!

GEJ till 2019

Over to you barcanista and you cohorts (Insult me and die a mysterious death)
[/s]

Rubbish! Adamu Ciroma promised to "make the country ungovernable". No presidentiual aspirant said that. Adamu Ciroma was PDP chieftain at the time. Rev. Mbaka is my witness.

1 Like

Re: modified by joseph1832(m): 6:00am On Jan 23, 2015
barcanista:
Change is a process, Buhari may not have a magic wand but he will definitely institute the change. He has the political will and he's very disciplined and visionary.
That I know but GMB is just one man among millions of corrupt and perverted individuals....
Re: modified by Mogidi: 6:00am On Jan 23, 2015
[size=15pt]Railways under Buhari.[/size]

Re: modified by Mogidi: 6:00am On Jan 23, 2015
[size=15pt]Employment under Buhari[/size]

Re: modified by Nobody: 6:01am On Jan 23, 2015
joseph1832:

I totally disagree with your assertion. This is what government has programmed in the minds of our people. That thing cannot change regardless of who becomes president. Buhari is a different breed from his contemporaries.

Nigeria is about to witness a revolution with Buhari/Osinbajo at the helm.

1 Like

Re: modified by Mogidi: 6:01am On Jan 23, 2015
[size=15pt]Vote an Achiever[/size]

Re: modified by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 23, 2015
Mogidi:
[size=15pt]Employment under Buhari[/size]
When Yaradua left, Nigeria's unemployment rate was 19%. Under Jonathan, it is about 23%. Are we progressing or retrogressing? What manner of President is Jonathan?

What was the unemployment rate as at Jan 1984 and what was it as at 1985 August? Try to argue smartly

3 Likes

Re: modified by watered(m): 6:05am On Jan 23, 2015
sincerenigerian:
[s][/s]

Rubbish! Adamu Ciroma promised to "make the country ungovernable". No presidentiual aspirant said that. Adamu Ciroma was PDP chieftain at the time. Rev. Mbaka is my witness.
. D good news is that you were careful not to insult me. Come May 29, 2015 Jonathan will take another oath of office.

Even my grandmother in her swing chair knows that a presidential aspirant promised to make Nigeria un-governable if he loses the poll.
Re: modified by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 23, 2015
watered:
. D good news is that you were careful not to insult me. Come May 29, 2015 Jonathan will take another oath of office.

Even my grandmother in her swing chair knows that a presidential aspirant promised to make Nigeria un-governable if he loses the poll.
You don't have to insult your innoÇent grandma just to make a point
Re: modified by georgementday(m): 6:12am On Jan 23, 2015
I have a dream that one day we the masses will rise up and fight for what is constitutionally ours. We are too gulible in this country. How long will your people suffer in silent,oh LORD?

1 Like

Re: modified by georgementday(m): 6:13am On Jan 23, 2015
I have a dream that one day we the masses will rise up and fight for what is constitutionally ours. We are too gulible in this country. How long will your people suffer in silent,oh LORD?
Re: modified by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 23, 2015
watered:

Even my grandmother in her swing chair knows that a [s]presidential aspirant promised to make Nigeria un-governable [/s]if he loses the poll.

Liar!

1 Like

Re: modified by Mogidi: 6:24am On Jan 23, 2015
barcanista:
When Yaradua left, Nigeria's unemployment rate was 19%. Under Jonathan, it is about 23%. Are we progressing or retrogressing? What manner of President is Jonathan?

What was the unemployment rate as at Jan 1984 and what was it as at 1985 August? Try to argue smartly

The bolded above was not necessary.

Anyway here's how we celebrated "Labour day in 1985"

Excerpt from an article in Concord Weekly, May 16, 1985

“Solider go, soldier come, but Nigerian workers’ plight still remains battered.
This is certainly no way to economic recovery
Rulers and ruled, employers and employees. Soldiers and journalists. Away with Decree 4, it is anti-truth. The nation belongs to us all.”
These represented a cross-section of the strongly worded vitriols that appeared on the placards carried by thousands of angry looking, depressed, disillusioned workers… at the May Day celebration.
…1.5 Million workers have been forcibly retrenched since the Buhari Military Administration took over the reins of power from Shagari…
The retrenched were from both the public and private sectors of the nation’s economy.
A very significant number of those still working…had no cause to celebrate since some of them possibly stand to be retrenched any time.
The …workers were not there to celebrate over anything.
Rather than praise their leaders and rulers, angry and hungry looking workers resorted to placard-carrying demonstration chanting bitter songs and unprintable abuses, all directed at their leaders and those in government.
But for the timely intervention of battle ready but equally grief stricken and disillusioned law enforcement agents… labor leaders and top government officials in attendance would have been mobbed.
Buhari was expected at the stadium but was conspicuously absent. His Minister for Labor…. was booed by the demonstrating workers throughout the address he read on (Buhari’s) behalf.
What further saddened the workers was the presence of five year old, poorly dressed and grief stricken Lekan Apelehin.
Lekan had just been thrown out of school following the inability of his retrenched parents to pay his school fees.
His father was, until recently, a member of a new association in Nigeria- the Nigerian Association of the Retrenched (NAR). Felicia, Lekan’s mother, had also lost her job and had since qualified for the unenviable membership of NAR.
Plackard carrying Lekan (had the following message) ‘Give my retrenched parents jobs so that our family may not die of hunger and starvation.’
In his speech, (the President of the NLC,) Ali Cirioma said ‘the NLC is unhappy with the ‘excessive intolerance’ displayed by the Buhari administration in handling democratic organizations and popular opinion. (He added) No government… can arrogate to itself the monopoly of ideas…
NLC also kicked against the recent banning of the Nigerian Medican Association (NMA) nd the Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors (NARD).
In his address, read on his behalf by the labor minister, Buhari warned that retrenchment may not be over yet because non functional employees in the public sector would be flushed out immediately they are discovered.
By the time the minister was about to conclude Buhari’s remarks, the atmosphere had become overcharged as workers had become increasingly enraged and were fully prepared for a show down with labor leaders and govt functionaries.
The minister hurriedly rushed through the address… then quickly left the venue without taking the traditional salute while the parade was in progress.”
Truth is, Buhari showed extreme callousness toward the people he forcibly governed. He was NOT the patriotic dictator he is being paraded as today. Buhari was not suitable to lead Nigeria in 1985, and isn’t suitable to lead Nigeria now.
Here is the article in its entirety.

Re: modified by Descartes: 6:24am On Jan 23, 2015
...and someone is telling the that "Mohamed Buhari" is same as "Muhammadu Buhari"grin.What a monumental fraud !!
Re: modified by watered(m): 6:25am On Jan 23, 2015
barcanista:
You don't have to insult your innoÇent grandma just to make a point
I never did and will never rather you just did to Nigerians whom you think don't know the truth.

Ask a street tout and you will know what I'm saying
Re: modified by omenka(m): 6:41am On Jan 23, 2015
sincerenigerian:
[b]1. On the Boko Haram Saga in the North: At the initial stage, Jonathan was honest about curtailing the menace in the North-east until he realizes that he would be gaining a political advantage if he left it to spiral out of control. It was a miscalculation on his part. I believe certain people in Jonathan caucus advised him to just ignore the Boko Haram menace and let them continue to kill themselves. By the time Jonathan knew what was going on, Boko Haram has taken over the North-east. Jonathan never took Boko Haram saga serious.

Another angle to Boko Haram is the member of GEJ's cabinet. There are officials who are feeding fat on the issue of Boko Haram. It a big military contract thing for certain people in the government. Ministry of Defense and Nigeria War College have people who have or are massively benefiting from military contracts running into billions of naira. People like Ihejireka and Dasuki Samba are examples. U.S Intelligence published a report about the sudden wealth of Ihejireka.

My Verdict: Jonathan felt letting Boko Haram spread is a win-win situation for him. As it turns out, Boko Haram is now his Achilles Heel.

2. I never believed Jonathan on the refineries promise he made. If you studied Jonathan from the time he came into the office, you would have seen a man with deception all over his face. You look at the president face when he talks and you can see a fake man on display. There is no single promise Jonathan has made in public life that he has fulfilled before. Jonathan is a deceptive man. I knew it when he told the country and backed up by Okojo Iweala that money generated through increase in fuel prices will be used to build refinery and other basic amenities. The sad part is that; Jonathan has awarded the contracts on these refineries running into billions of dollars and nothing has happened ever since. Where are the refineries? What about the city buses? Where are the new universities? Where are the 36 airports promised? This man has never fulfilled a single promise in his public life.

My Verdict: Jonathan is only interested in enriching himself and his cronies through refining of crude oil overseas. Jonathan is more interested in letting the so called crude oil theft continue. Jonathan created avenue to make money for himself and few others. We should not forget how Jonathan seized the surveillance helicopter Amaechi bought for the purpose of surveillance of the areas where crude oil are being stolen. If Jonathan believe in curbing crude oil theft, why did he seize the helicopter bought by River State money?

3. In a sane country, Abba Moro would have been sitting in prison for committing fraud and endangering lives of our young graduates. I have never seen or heard where people pay to apply for jobs except in Nigeria. Minister of Interior established an agency by himself and employed people who were deceiving young graduates to pay money to buy application form. What actually happened would have made a sane government act decisively and prosecute Abba Moro. Jonathan would have been viewed as a president who cares if he had prosecuted Abba Moro. He missed an opportunity. But what he did was to ignore the cries of the family of people who died during the scam job examination.

To the surprise of many people, Jonathan has not asked for the resignation of Abba Moro since this scam happened. Jonathan is now moving from one state to another with Abba Moro campaigning for re-election. grin grin

My Verdict: Jonathan doesn't care. Jonathan has shown to every Nigerians that he is there to protect you in tough times if you are one of people who support his quest for second term as president. It doesn't matter the level of your crime. We have seen it with Moro, FFK, Oduah, Diezani and others.
[/b]

Sorry guys, I just had to echo this entire piece. I bellies too much wisdom!

Nice one sir. cool

1 Like

Re: modified by omenka(m): 6:51am On Jan 23, 2015
I see someone up there talking about rails. If anyone wants to see the pictures of railsways under Jonathan, such a person should visit this thread: www.nairaland.com/2107345/pictures-jonathans-transformation-rails/2
Re: modified by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 23, 2015
omenka:
I see someone up there talking about rails. If anyone wants to see the pictures of railsways under Jonathan, such a person should visit this thread: www.nairaland.com/2107345/pictures-jonathans-transformation-rails/2
Deformation Agenda
Re: modified by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 23, 2015
Mogidi:

The bolded above was not necessary.

Anyway here's how we celebrated "Labour day in 1985"

Thank you for that article. Every Nigerian want redundant workers out and job role "photocopy" topped. From the article, that what what Buhari did. It is called "Civil Service Reform"

In his address, read on his behalf by the labor minister, Buhari warned that retrenchment may not be over yet because non functional employees in the public sector would be flushed out immediately they are discovered.
Re: modified by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 23, 2015
If I am to be gej, I will not campaign for second term, let my good works speak for me. but in his case. He is a pathetic failure

J12:

Buhari can never perform better than GEJ as a president of Nigeria. Give it a rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: modified by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 23, 2015
Some people are enjoying the country in the corrupt way while some people dying in abject poverty. The difference between pdp and apc. While some support stealing of public funds is not corruption, others are seeking for corrupt free Nigeria.

georgementday:
Re: modified by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 23, 2015
His name is the "EXCUSE PRESIDENT"

1 Like

Re: modified by arewafederation: 7:13am On Jan 23, 2015
In 2010 he said the 1st october bomblast was not carried out by mend.....

In 2015, he said mend planned to assasinate him during the 1st october bomblast....

With the way Jonathan lies, he must be related to SATAN.

1 Like

Re: modified by SweetJoystick(m): 7:14am On Jan 23, 2015
sincerenigerian:
[b]1. On the Boko Haram Saga in the North: At the initial stage, Jonathan was honest about curtailing the menace in the North-east until he realizes that he would be gaining a political advantage if he left it to spiral out of control. It was a miscalculation on his part. I believe certain people in Jonathan caucus advised him to just ignore the Boko Haram menace and let them continue to kill themselves. By the time Jonathan knew what was going on, Boko Haram has taken over the North-east. Jonathan never took Boko Haram saga serious.

Another angle to Boko Haram is the member of GEJ's cabinet. There are officials who are feeding fat on the issue of Boko Haram. It a big military contract thing for certain people in the government. Ministry of Defense and Nigeria War College have people who have or are massively benefiting from military contracts running into billions of naira. People like Ihejireka and Dasuki Samba are examples. U.S Intelligence published a report about the sudden wealth of Ihejireka.

My Verdict: Jonathan felt letting Boko Haram spread is a win-win situation for him. As it turns out, Boko Haram is now his Achilles Heel.

2. I never believed Jonathan on the refineries promise he made. If you studied Jonathan from the time he came into the office, you would have seen a man with deception all over his face. You look at the president face when he talks and you can see a fake man on display. There is no single promise Jonathan has made in public life that he has fulfilled before. Jonathan is a deceptive man. I knew it when he told the country and backed up by Okojo Iweala that money generated through increase in fuel prices will be used to build refinery and other basic amenities. The sad part is that; Jonathan has awarded the contracts on these refineries running into billions of dollars and nothing has happened ever since. Where are the refineries? What about the city buses? Where are the new universities? Where are the 36 airports promised? This man has never fulfilled a single promise in his public life.

My Verdict: Jonathan is only interested in enriching himself and his cronies through refining of crude oil overseas. Jonathan is more interested in letting the so called crude oil theft continue. Jonathan created avenue to make money for himself and few others. We should not forget how Jonathan seized the surveillance helicopter Amaechi bought for the purpose of surveillance of the areas where crude oil are being stolen. If Jonathan believe in curbing crude oil theft, why did he seize the helicopter bought by River State money?

3. In a sane country, Abba Moro would have been sitting in prison for committing fraud and endangering lives of our young graduates. I have never seen or heard where people pay to apply for jobs except in Nigeria. Minister of Interior established an agency by himself and employed people who were deceiving young graduates to pay money to buy application form. What actually happened would have made a sane government act decisively and prosecute Abba Moro. Jonathan would have been viewed as a president who cares if he had prosecuted Abba Moro. He missed an opportunity. But what he did was to ignore the cries of the family of people who died during the scam job examination.

To the surprise of many people, Jonathan has not asked for the resignation of Abba Moro since this scam happened. Jonathan is now moving from one state to another with Abba Moro campaigning for re-election. grin grin

My Verdict: Jonathan doesn't care. Jonathan has shown to every Nigerians that he is there to protect you in tough times if you are one of people who support his quest for second term as president. It doesn't matter the level of your crime. We have seen it with Moro, FFK, Oduah, Diezani and others.
[/b]

On point

1 Like

Re: modified by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 23, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
My brother the many lies of Jonathan is catching up with him now. you can see the reflection from his political campaign, that guy is literally dead!t so many fake promise not one single action

And he is still shamelessly promising.

"Bokoharam is PDP, PDP is bokoharam" He had his boko boys killed azazi for making this innocent statement

Jonathan is a big disgrace to our generation
Re: modified by Caseless: 7:27am On Jan 23, 2015
raumdeuter:
[size=15pt]President Goodluck Jonathan has promised to go on exile if he fails to build the Second Niger Bridge before completing his term in 2015.[/size]

The Nigerian leader made the promise in his remarks at a Town Hall Meeting held yesterday in the commercial city of Onitsha as part of activities marking his one-day visit to Anambra State. During the visit, Jonathan commissioned several projects, including the oil production facilities of Orient Petroleum at Aguleri, the massive SABMiller Brewery at Onitsha and the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu Gateway in Onitsha

Speaking yesterday at the Town Hall Meeting, the Nigerian leader said that “when the first bridge was built, it was during the presidency of Nnamdi Azikiwe; the second Niger bridge will be built under the presidency of Azikiwe Jonathan.” [size=14pt]To further reassure the people, the President said he would go on exile on the completion of his term if he does not build the bridge.[/size]

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=234
How nd'igbo cheaply fell for that feeb called jonathan is beyond my imagination. gej is too slow for igbo to have allowed him to play a 'fast one' them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibrahim Taiwo-the Man That Order The Asaba Masacre / FG Approves N21bn For Contruction Of Ilorin-kabba Road Project / We Will Crush COVID-19, Fight Corruption, Insecurity In 2021 – APC Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.