Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,563 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

"God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... (7067 Views)

No To Sex Outside Marriage / Russia's Proposed Law: No Evangelizing Outside Of Church / Who Created God, Is God Outside Of Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by davien(m): 1:02am On Jan 25, 2015
LordReed:

You are the dumb one here because I have not mentioned God, simply wanted to point out the deficiency in your first post. Your prejudice stands revealed.
Actually all your posts have been to propose the universe having an outside,on a topic solely for addressing how an outside isn't feasible(and so things like a "god" couldn't be there because there's no outside)...so prejudice I am not, nice try.
so again....it's either you really lack comprehension skills or just trolling..
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LordReed(m): 6:48am On Jan 25, 2015
davien:
Actually all your posts have been to propose the universe having an outside,on a topic solely for addressing how an outside isn't feasible(and so things like a "god" couldn't be there because there's no outside)...so prejudice I am not, nice try.
so again....it's either you really lack comprehension skills or just trolling..

You claim to address how an outside isn't feasible but a discussion on how this is limited by observation has you accusing me of illogic, how are you not prejudiced? Did I for once mention God? You are so prejudiced it blinds you and makes just as dogmatic, free your mind.

2 Likes

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by adexsimply(m): 7:17am On Jan 25, 2015
How can something "exist" yet "not exist" in space-time ?
Let's assume the "Holy Bible" did not survive time, then the question to ask is; what makes anyone say god is outside of space and time? What is the evidence for such assertions?

1 Like

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by malvisguy212: 8:27am On Jan 25, 2015
adexsimply:
Let's assume the "Holy Bible" did not survive time, then the question to ask is; what makes anyone say god is outside of space and time? What is the evidence for such assertions?
if God consists of matter, I would have taking you serious,but bible say God is a spirit.
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by adexsimply(m): 8:30am On Jan 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
if God consists of matter, I would have taking you serious,but bible say God is a spirit.
Just for a moment, assume the bible does not exist...
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by johnydon22(m): 9:32am On Jan 25, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Well here is My own brotherly advice:
You are missing out. There is a much more easy way of getting heal than taking drugs any going to hospital. It's a simple prayer of faith and you are missing out on this because you refused to believe in God.
lolzz

1 Like

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by davien(m): 10:28am On Jan 25, 2015
LordReed:

You claim to address how an outside isn't feasible but a discussion on how this is limited by observation has you accusing me of illogic, how are you not prejudiced? Did I for once mention God? You are so prejudiced it blinds you and makes just as dogmatic, free your mind.
And I will still tell you that arguing for an "outside" on a topic about why "supernatural" things(or anything) cannot be there(because there isn't an outside) would be to argue in support of that "supernatural" thing...
It's like in a debate of how the earth couldn't be 6,000 years, you start by supporting points that it is,so what do you expect to be replied about?....
Again, it's either you have no clue of this or you're trolling...
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by davien(m): 10:32am On Jan 25, 2015
adexsimply:
Apart from breaking physics in two it also violates logic(law of non-contradiction)
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by undercat: 10:51am On Jan 25, 2015
davien:
Apart from breaking physics in two it also violates logic(law of non-contradiction)

Classical logic, not quantum logic.

1 Like

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by Hiswordxray(m): 11:50am On Jan 25, 2015
undercat:

You know that if God is so willing to see healthy people it is a bit lazy on his part to let them be sick in the first place. Do you really believe that God is willing to heal every sick person?
God is not willing for people to die but if you jump off a cliff you would die. And you can't blame God for that, he created the universe to operate in certain laws and if you ignore the law of gravity and jump off a cliff you would surely die.
God also created the spiritual world to operate in laws but if you don't apply the law then you can't expect to get the desire result. And you can't blame God for it because it is your ignorance that is your enemy. God said "my people suffer because of lack of knowledge".

And if anybody should fall sick it is also not God's fault because God gave us access to his kingdom where there is no sickness but if we choose to wonder off from God's kingdom and go and visit the kingdom of darkness. Then don't blame God when the sickness in the world jump on you. So we have to learn to remain in the refuge God has kept us. But if we make mistakes God is willing to forgive us and heal us of the sickness we have acquired while we were wondering about.

If you want to know the law of faith by which we receive healing then I could teach you.
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LordReed(m): 12:07pm On Jan 25, 2015
davien:
And I will still tell you that arguing for an "outside" on a topic about why "supernatural" things(or anything) cannot be there(because there isn't an outside) would be to argue in support of that "supernatural" thing...
It's like in a debate of how the earth couldn't be 6,000 years, you start by supporting points that it is,so what do you expect to be replied about?....
Again, it's either you have no clue of this or you're trolling...

If telling you I have no wish to argue the existence of God with you still leaves you arguing that same thing then you are really blind.

2 Likes

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
LordReed:

If telling you I have no wish to argue the existence of God with you still leaves you arguing that same thing then you are really blind.
Lol. I guess the dude is following a rehearsed script. I do wonder where you talked about God in your post? I don't think he comprehends your post really.Good job sir!
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LordReed(m): 4:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
Bidam:
Lol. I guess the dude is following a rehearsed script. I do wonder where you talked about God in your post? I don't think he comprehends your post really.Good job sir!

I tire o!

How's your Sunday going?
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by davien(m): 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2015
LordReed:

You and your cohorts don't seem to get it do you?
The claim of a "god" is tied to another claim that space and time has an "outside"..so I addressed why an outside is illogical and not feasible and then went on to say that nothing can be said to inhabit a non-existent place...
It would be like asking what lives on the beginning of a sphere.

Note: A sphere has no beginning or end..
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
LordReed:

I tire o!

How's your Sunday going?
My sunday is cool bro..Thanks.
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LordReed(m): 5:11pm On Jan 25, 2015
davien:
You and your cohorts don't seem to get it do you?
The claim of a "god" is tied to another claim that space and time has an "outside"..so I addressed why an outside is illogical and not feasible and then went on to say that nothing can be said to inhabit a non-existent place...
It would be like asking what lives on the beginning of a sphere.

Note: A sphere has no beginning or end..

You are really steeped in this your prejudice o. Cohorts? LoL.

An outside is not illogical, it is unknown or at best not within the ambits of observed phenomenon. Scientists postulate that the universe probably has no outside because of what they have observed but they have only observed light that has so far been visible. If truly the universe is 15billion years old then the light from the farthest reaches of space will not be reaching us anytime soon so they cannot be certain about how exactly the universe looks like. You cannot be certain about the nature of the universe so to say the universe is this or that without any caveats is the weakness I saw in your op.

2 Likes

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by davien(m): 12:23am On Jan 26, 2015
LordReed:

An outside is not illogical, it is unknown or at best not within the ambits of observed phenomenon. Scientists postulate that the universe probably has no outside because of what they have observed but they have only observed light that has so far been visible. If truly the you universe is 15billion years old then the light from the farthest reaches of space will not be reaching us anytime soon so they cannot be certain about how exactly the universe looks like. You cannot be certain about the nature of the universe so to say the universe is this or that without any caveats is the weakness I saw in your op.
Again this is why one doesn't speak before comprehending something..

Why I said its illogical and not feasible is because if the universe had an "outside",as you erroneously think...then the universe would be either an open or closed universe...of which are variably different than the universe we live in..

If the universe were closed(or if we live in a closed universe) we'd actually be able to see so far that we'd see the back of our heads..

If the universe were an open one, we'd find that a triangle sums up to more we know it to...

And furthermore,the measurement of the cosmic microwave background matches the data that we live in a flat universe that has no edge, no defining start or end and no outside...

And the only thing regarded to as an "outside" of the observable universe is the hubble sphere,which is also an expanding diameter of space having no "edge" whatsoever.... grin

Note: Saying it has an edge is implying that it isn't a 3d-sphere but a 2-d circle of which for the reasons mentioned above is not the case
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by macof(m): 1:06am On Jan 26, 2015
LordReed:

Yes only atheist can comprehend the workings of the universe. /s

Stop saying space expands into it itself, it is impossible. It is expanding, simple.

Edit: scientists simply don't know what is beyond the universe because the "edge" of the universe cannot be observed.

And what scientist has told you the universe has an edge to be observed?
Is the universe a bootle-like space with an opening?
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by macof(m): 1:11am On Jan 26, 2015
Hiswordxray:

If I have any sickness want so ever I would apply the new testament method i.e I would heal it in the name of Jesus. I haven't taken any drug for a long time (since when I discovered I could heal myself with the name of Jesus).
The world and science is backward but instead of you people to try to meet up, you boast of your ignorance.

So I don't need the world's cure because God's grace is sufficient for me. In Christ I have a drug that can cure all sickness.
And where was Jesus during the ebola crisis in Nigeria?
How far has Jesus gone in sierra Leone where they have conducted countless deliverance and cleansing services?
The backward science has done what Jesus couldn't do
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by macof(m): 1:13am On Jan 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
Yet he has hands and feet? grin
That's material if you ask me
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by Redlyn: 4:10am On Jan 26, 2015
LordReed:

An outside is not illogical, it is unknown or at best not within the ambits of observed phenomenon. Scientists postulate that the universe probably has no outside because of what they have observed but they have only observed light that has so far been visible. If truly the universe is 15billion years old then the light from the farthest reaches of space will not be reaching us anytime soon so they cannot be certain about how exactly the universe looks like. You cannot be certain about the nature of the universe so to say the universe is this or that without any caveats is the weakness I saw in your op.

I don't need to be a theist to see that this makes sense. The one thing about the universe that we know is that there is a lot we don't know about it.
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LordReed(m): 7:46am On Jan 26, 2015
davien:
Again this is why one doesn't speak before comprehending something..

Why I said its illogical and not feasible is because if the universe had an "outside",as you erroneously think...then the universe would be either an open or closed universe...of which are variably different than the universe we live in..

If the universe were closed(or if we live in a closed universe) we'd actually be able to see so far that we'd see the back of our heads..

If the universe were an open one, we'd find that a triangle sums up to more we know it to...

And furthermore,the measurement of the cosmic microwave background matches the data that we live in a flat universe that has no edge, no defining start or end and no outside...

And the only thing regarded to as an "outside" of the observable universe is the hubble sphere,which is also an expanding diameter of space having no "edge" whatsoever.... grin

Note: Saying it has an edge is implying that it isn't a 3d-sphere but a 2-d circle of which for the reasons mentioned above is not the case

Your explanation is just full of confusion. The prime question is has the entire universe been observed or only just a portion of it?

1 Like

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by malvisguy212: 7:55am On Jan 26, 2015
macof:

Yet he has hands and feet? grin
That's material if you ask me
a spirit don't have hand and feet? We are created with the image of God, God has hand and feet before human.
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LucemFerre: 8:13am On Jan 26, 2015
davien:
This claim is made by perhaps virtually every theist that wants to offer apologetics to the question of where "god" is.

My issue with this is that,besides the fact that the doctrines involved makes no such claim(or atleast claims "god" coming from "the clouds" ).

There is virtually no way to even state whether space and time has an outside,because it(space and time) encompasses all of existence..It would be the same as claiming space has an edge.
So if space-time encompasses all of existence(as far as we can tell),then what does the theist mean by claiming "god" lies outside existence as though it were known that existence contains an "outside"..

If you would like to offer your views to this,please do.

I think you laid out your argument excellently... And seriously I'm surprised that you kept on arguing this long... So far, everything the theists have been posting in an attempt to refute the OP is not only nonsense but, unbelievably ridiculous. I can't believe one saying God is bigger than the galaxies for crying out fu<|<ing loud... Kai! Smfh

2 Likes

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LordReed(m): 8:19am On Jan 26, 2015
macof:

And what scientist has told you the universe has an edge to be observed?
Is the universe a bootle-like space with an opening?

Because of the physical properties of the universe an edge is probably not observable at this time. Moreover modern scientific postulations hold that the universe has no edge. However there is a caveat and that is we are limited by what we can observe that could change in the future as we update our scientific capabilities.
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by macof(m): 8:41am On Jan 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
a spirit don't have hand and feet? We are created with the image of God, God has hand and feet before human.
lmao grin grin grin chai! Christianity has turned some into complete morons grin
No! Dummy, Hands and feet are material properties, A spirit not only has no use for them but it's completely stuupid to think a spirit have hands and feet like humans

What a humanoid god u serve grin

1 Like

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by Joshthefirst(m): 8:52am On Jan 26, 2015
timonski:
from from post, it seems your god exists in another timeline-there the time works differently from our time. That would mean your god is still bound by the space-time continuum of that timeline.
This would lead to an infinite regression of timelines and their creators
This is more nonsense than I can describe. How you got this conclusion from his post beats me. It clearly states there that God does not exist in any timeline. He was acting before time. He created it. Simple.
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by Joshthefirst(m): 9:04am On Jan 26, 2015
davien:
This is why one needs to comprehend something before replying....why we say the universe is flat is because any given line drawn from points(a,b, and c) in space stay parallel(plus the mathematical derived geometry from the nature of the cosmic microwave background)
And why I said space expands into itself is because it's in a 4-dimensional plane and hence just expands(carrying everything along with it)......although my answer is just how I understand it....the scholarly answer is that your question does not apply to 4-dimensional expanding space.. smiley
Space expands into itself? Nawa o

1 Like

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LucemFerre: 9:13am On Jan 26, 2015
What the fu<|< is wrong with you theists? Faith is understandable but, not synonymous with dumbness, stupidity or schizophrenia. By faith, God exists, but declaring God (by faith) out of space and time is a serious lame move.
For example: If God created time, who or what created the time (interval) between when God did not create time and when God did? If God created space, where was it (God) before it did? Why can't you people think for once in your delusional life? You can believe in whatever the hell you want to believe in but, AT-fu<|<ing-LEAST be realistic and reasonable. If you can't... then shut the fu<|< up and keep going to church and reading Bible and let us think for fu<|<'s sakes.

Faith is a strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof. And that was just one google away. If you can't think, read. Wtff

What makes the concept of God any less made up than jack frost, or bogeyman, or the tooth fairy?

Faith means not wanting to know what is true.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

--Philip K. Dick

And lastly and more importantly,

No amount of belief makes something a fact.

--James Randi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LucemFerre: 9:17am On Jan 26, 2015
Joshthefirst:
This is more nonsense than I can describe. How you got this conclusion from his post beats me. It clearly states there that God does not exist in any timeline. He was acting before time. He created it. Simple.

Can you fu<|<ing believe this?
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by malvisguy212: 9:29am On Jan 26, 2015
LucemFerre:

Can you fu<|<ing believe this?
science say time has a beginning, who created time? Can matter create matter?
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by johnydon22(m): 10:46am On Jan 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
If god has hands and feet that means he has a spinal cord too, medular oblongata, then brain, eyes, mouth, nose, tongue, lungs, stomach, joystick, butt... mehnnnnnnnnmn!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? / I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam / If Evolution Was True!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 205
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.