Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,239 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Car Restoration Project(mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, 2door Convertible 2005 Model) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Restoration Project(mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, 2door Convertible 2005 Model) (1908 Views)

My Bicycle Restoration Project / My Mini 1999 BMW 318i Restoration Project / 2003 Nissan 350z Restoration (2) (3) (4)

Car Restoration Project(mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, 2door Convertible 2005 Model) by rhymeup(m): 10:48am On Jan 23, 2015
Hello House,
I would like to have an audit performed on a car (Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, 2 door convertible).

I had a few issues with the car when i bought it, mostly around overheating. Found out the hard way that mechanics can be devils. Considered selling the car but would prefer to restore the car(the word is 'love-vendor the car') but was advised to first have an audit done on the car to ascertain what the issues might be.

Is there any contact for a 'trustworthy' mechanic(i think they are in the same league as unicorns) that someone can help me with.

Also plan on restoring a Peugeot 504 but that's a project for later.

Here's a picture of the car attached. Had earlier put this in autos but was advised to move it to car talk.

will get some more pictures of the interior so as to have an idea of what i am talking about.

Re: Car Restoration Project(mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, 2door Convertible 2005 Model) by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 25, 2015
Sounds like an interesting project post more pics.
Re: Car Restoration Project(mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, 2door Convertible 2005 Model) by Nobody: 3:33am On Jan 25, 2015
I'm looking forward to this.

Oddly enough (to the majority) I'm more excited at the prospect of seeing the Peugeot 504 restoration. It's a much older car, with fewer good examples remaining.
Re: Car Restoration Project(mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, 2door Convertible 2005 Model) by Shagati(m): 9:53am On Jan 25, 2015
There are a fews guys in here that can help With tips and parts sourcing

234customcars
CityNG
Re: Car Restoration Project(mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, 2door Convertible 2005 Model) by Shagati(m): 8:06pm On Feb 06, 2015
Oga,
Please give life to this thread.
Some more pictures from various angles would help.
Also engine bay and interior.

You didn't indicate your location, Lagos?
Are you working within a budget?
What is your end game? A working runner or something special. Paint? Wheels?

Do something dude!

From experience, Cartalkers won't budge unless you take the lead.
Re: Car Restoration Project(mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, 2door Convertible 2005 Model) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
Rhymeup pls how did it go?
Re: Car Restoration Project(mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, 2door Convertible 2005 Model) by lonelydora: 10:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
I will so much like to see the 504 restoration. But all the same, waiting for the spyder restoration. We need more pix.

Chrysler Mechanic / Check On Engine History. / Mercedes Unleashes New AMG GLE 53 Coupe Against The BMW X6 M50i

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9