Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,895 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? (5702 Views)

Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] / For Experienced Married Men Only / Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by crackhaus: 5:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
pickabeau1:
whether he says it or not
The reality is that one is working for his wife n kids

Seldom does one spend more than 10% of his income on himself directly
Th bulk of it goes to wife shopping, vacation, school for kids, feeding, inlaws..

At times like this January na debit sef till February
That's actually the norm to most, but this woman just needed to hear something sweet and romantic - the man didn't oblige cheesy

3 Likes

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by pickabeau1: 5:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
ezatily//
crackhaus:

That's actually the norm to most, but this woman just needed to hear something sweet and romantic - the man didn't oblige cheesy
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
Tstone1:
Earlier today an argument ensued between my woman and myself about how workaholic I have become in recent times. She later joked about me being serious with my job cos am working cos of her. I told her NO! And to her greatest surprised I let her know am working for the sakes of my children unborn not necessarily her . She became very angry and said she was highly disappointed by my statement.

I felt this shouldn't be an issue as have only spoken my mind. Your take on this please..

1 Like

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2015
Seun:
It's also a wake up call for your wife. She needs to work hard to make her own money since her husband isn't working for her but his children. She shouldn't sacrifice or limit her career for such a man. Also, pls learn not to say every stupid thing that passes through your mind!

5 Likes

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Tstone1(m): 6:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
And one funny thing about ladies of nowadays is just that they have substituted getting a job to marriage!

1 Like

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by An0nimus: 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
crackhaus:

That's actually the norm to most, but this woman just needed to hear something sweet and romantic - the man didn't oblige!! cheesy
Same thing I understood from the story. Oga probably didn't see it as a joke hence the cold reply. That doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't love or care for her.

The reaction by some folks here though. People don read deep meaning enter the matter.
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2015
Tstone1:
And one funny thing about ladies of nowadays is just that they have substituted getting a job to marriage!

Please can you stop generalising? If.you have a problem with your babe address it and stop making all women sound the same
It makes you sound a lot ignorant

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Enoquin(f): 6:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
Tstone1:

Is your wife in the ratio? I understand the need to defend your stance but why did you get married? Was it to procreate? Because society expected it?

I am asking because as it is with you and others, whenever a spousal issue is brought - either male or female - the complainant is contented with indirect and direct abuses or slight on his/her absent spouse. You have a tiff at home, come online, feel good with those that support you at whose expense? It is terrible.

And for those that use every opportunity to needle females or males, una well done. A female is independent doesn't mean all females are like her. A man doesn't believe in helping his wife doesn't mean all men are like him.
People are the way they are due to different factors and shouldn't be used to judge others with different factors as well.

Your comment was insensitive. I would say the same if your wife said same thing. None of you picked the other at gun point. Your children aren't even born, what if they don't come at all or come later, will your work rate reduce because you feel you have nothing to work for? (Don't react emotionally, it's just a logical question)

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Tstone1(m): 7:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
Enoquin:

Is your wife in the ratio? I understand the need to defend your stance but why did you get married? Was it to procreate? Because society expected it?

I am asking because as it is with you and others, whenever a spousal issue is brought - either male or female - the complainant is contented with indirect and direct abuses or slight on his/her absent spouse. You have a tiff at home, come online, feel good with those that support you at whose expense? It is terrible.

And for those that use every opportunity to needle females or males, una well done. A female is independent doesn't mean all females are like her. A man doesn't believe in helping his wife doesn't mean all men are like him.
People are the way they are due to different factors and shouldn't be used to judge others with different factors as well.

Your comment was insensitive. I would say the same if your wife said same thing. None of you picked the other at gun point. Your children aren't even born, what if they don't come at all or come later, will your work rate reduce because you feel you have nothing to work for? (Don't react emotionally, it's just a logical question)
Ok. Equity does not suffer a wrong without a remedy.
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
Something that they should have both laughed over has now become an issue

One of my nephews put a picture of his wife and kids on his DP with the message . . My Employers! . . The people I work for.
All of us laugh tire.

Life is too short; If she says you are working for her, tell her that she too needs to work harder at night . . .just laugh over it and make it a joke.

2 Likes

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
My wife and the kids. My WIFE and the kids.
Na she be the house CEO, if she is not working because of the family even more self.
What else is in this life, kids will grow get married and move on, na me and her go dey house.

9 Likes

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by UjSizzle(f): 9:17am On Jan 24, 2015
Seun:
It's also a wake up call for your wife. She needs to work hard to make her own money since her husband isn't working for her but his children. She shouldn't sacrifice or limit her career for such a man. Also, pls learn not to say every stupid thing that passes through your mind!
grin You have spoken well.
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by jadelyn007(f): 9:50am On Jan 24, 2015
You shouldn't feel guilty, at least you told her the plain truth. Its left for her to make out the meaning of that statement and know where she stands with you and decide if she wants to walk or stay.

It shouldn't give you sleepless night.
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by delishpot: 11:34am On Jan 24, 2015
Seun:
It's also a wake up call for your wife. She needs to work hard to make her own money since her husband isn't working for her but his children. She shouldn't sacrifice or limit her career for such a man. Also, please bro learn not to say every stupid thing that passes through your mind!

Gbam. You said it all. She has been told point blaNk. Woman go and fend for thine self.
And there she will be, deciding if she should take a job or not, forgoing sweet offers all for the sake of family only for the guy to see her sacrifice as his right and his own sacrifice as his right too.
Women dey surffer sha.

7 Likes

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Juzzybabe(f): 11:56am On Jan 24, 2015
Tstone1:

But that doesn't mean a wife making claims that the husband is working for her! It sounds somehow you know. Meanwhile a woman would always be a woman..i still feel the children deserves it more.
Not just a woman always being a woman bla bla bla...In the course of planing my wedding,my husband who I had dated for years surprisingly told me he had a house in progress,I was shocked,well,I said that's nice and I was like so u have been building a house for me and u kept it a secret? his response was "point of correction,not for u alone but for us all specially my unborn kids" I felt terrible about the statement and I told him I was sorry for thinking selfishly. But that wasn't right for him to have said,ofcourse he won't write his house in my name,I won't be the only one living inside,I can't claim the house tommorw without legal documents,so what's the fuss? my point is you don't have to make her feel her duty is to bear u kids alone. she's your wife and your manager, without her support your family will not stand firm.If u want to spend for the kids is she not the one u hand to money over to? so dear,you are working for your family with the support of your wife but you don't have to make her like she's not important. Apologise please.

2 Likes

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 24, 2015
Tstone1:
Earlier today an argument ensued between my woman and myself about how workaholic I have become in recent times. She later joked about me being serious with my job cos am working cos of her. I told her NO! And to her greatest surprised I let her know am working for the sakes of my children unborn not necessarily her. She became very angry and said she was highly disappointed by my statement.

I felt this shouldn't be an issue as have only spoken my mind. Your take on this please..

That should make her happy and satisfied, my two cents.
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Juzzybabe(f): 12:10pm On Jan 24, 2015
Seun:
It's also a wake up call for your wife. She needs to work hard to make her own money since her husband isn't working for her but his children. She shouldn't sacrifice or limit her career for such a man. Also, please bro learn not to say every stupid thing that passes through your mind!
"just a wake up call" what if she responds to such a call and start work,with what mentality is she working on? if tomrrow he looses his job,and she turns to be the bread winner and start working for herself and probably her kids as well,(u know we women) disrespecting him all because of the wake up call he once give her,who will he hold responsible? It takes wisdom to build a happy home,because a happy home doesn't mean a perfect home. Am glad u reminded him not to say every stupid thing that passes through his mind. Am sure the op didn't mean harm,but we are women,the weaker vessel.

5 Likes

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Juzzybabe(f): 12:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
Seun:
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
Chillisauce:
Thats Nigerian Men for you. Most of them are working because of their children. The wives are just used for breeding purpose. After breeding, they can decide to chase you out, take the kids and bring over another.

Meanwhile during the breeding exercise, your job function is to eat, cook , clean and breed more.

Tufiaaaakwa.

Some of them are closet gay, only to closeeye, give woman belle, then continue their run away match.

Na you sabi.

Imagine, very insensitive.

Tufiakwa i say again
Hmm I see nothing wrong with his statement ooo. Unless she is a full time house wife she too should be working for her children's future.

Everyone should be productive, I don't believe in being a liability

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
fem29:

Hmm I see nothing wrong with his statement ooo. Unless she is a full time house wife she too should be working for her children's future.

Everyone should be productive, I don't believe in being a liability

I cosign this. Spoken like a lady raised by Ijebu parents - me likey.

Dr. Phil the Duke of Ijebuland.
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by ihedinobi2: 1:53pm On Jan 24, 2015
This is why you were told in Sunday School to read your Bible everyday. Sighs smh.

In the home, we work for the family. For wife and for kids. We are tasked with foraging and bringing home what lé wifey should manage.

We also provide leadership for the family in working for the society.

We work for the world around us to keep it in great condition and improve it everyday. That's why we can build things like artificial lakes and dredge rivers and plant whole forests even in deserts like the Israelis did.

And in all that we work for God.

We are workers ni.
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by deanxy: 2:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
truth be told,when it comes to relationship between a man and a woman,men are always at the receiving end. from toasting to when she enters your house and even when she enters,na so so suffa. i mean check out:men have to device sometimes unimaginable schemes just to woo a woman's heart;the countless bdy gifts,recharge card,calls and what have you. And to make matters worse,women came up with this idea of "A GENTLE MAN" so each time a man comes around a lady,he must behave himself in conformity with their(women) idea of a gentle man.
And when she finally becomes your wife, after the labor of wining her heart, what does she do?noting but watches home videos while your are out there sweating your ass out. But you may say they do dishes,laundry and all that but think again because we men out of our benevolent have invented the washing machine. And even if she does house chore,what else could she be doing?my guess,sleeping. what annoy me the most is their level of ingratitude.if you like buy the whole world for her but the moment you deny her a pencil she will forget all you have done for her in the past.

5 Likes

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 24, 2015
For me and my boyfriend. kiss

3 Likes

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
Chillisauce:
Thats Nigerian Men for you. Most of them are working because of their children. The wives are just used for breeding purpose. After breeding, they can decide to chase you out, take the kids and bring over another.

Meanwhile during the breeding exercise, your job function is to eat, cook , clean and breed more.

Tufiaaaakwa.

Some of them are closet gay, only to closeeye, give woman belle, then continue their run away match.

Na you sabi.

Tufiakwa i say again
I can only speak for GAY aspect.
Since Nigeria society made us that way, you shouldn't blame us.

What's the essence of gettting married without LOVE?
Had it been we were allowed to marry ourselves, we won't be living a fake life.

That's the consequence from our silly government.
Gay man will make the happiest home. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 24, 2015
pickabeau1:
whether he says it or not
The reality is that one is working for his wife n kids

Seldom does one spend more than 10% of his income on himself directly
Th bulk of it goes to wife shopping, vacation, school for kids, feeding, inlaws..

At times like this January na debit sef till February

Pickabeau, you know what this reminds me of?

Your thread!

I think it's rather funny that the same people who thought that was a bad idea are now applauding OP's POV, and apparent need/desire to "separate mother from child"(oh you know, ethereal nature, hallowed bonds, and what not).

Tstone1, why not go all the way, and take her (angered GF - and heck - all of womankind) out of the picture almost completely? I think you could possibly be a good candidate for this, but that all depends on how you feel. There's no hassle of accommodating a woman, just your future children smiley Do check this out, and lemme know what you think? I'm curious.

Read me, OP: www.nairaland.com/2077448/conception-possible-without-women-way

3 Likes

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2015
aisha2:

Please can you stop generalising? If.you have a problem with your babe address it and stop making all women sound the same
It makes you sound a lot ignorant
[img]http://media1./media/3i7zenReaUuI0/200_s.gif[/img]
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2015
deanxy:
truth be told,when it comes to relationship between a man and a woman,men are always at the receiving end. from toasting to when she enters your house and even when she enters,na so so suffa. i mean check out:men have to device sometimes unimaginable schemes just to woo a woman's heart;the countless bdy gifts,recharge card,calls and what have you. And to make matters worse,women came up with this idea of "A GENTLE MAN" so each time a man comes around a lady,he must behave himself in conformity with their(women) idea of a gentle man.
And when she finally becomes your wife, after the labor of wining her heart, what does she do?noting but watches home videos while your are out there sweating your ass out. But you may say they do dishes,laundry and all that but think again because we men out of our benevolent have invented the washing machine. And even if she does house chore,what else could she be doing?my guess,sleeping. what annoy me the most is their level of ingratitude.if you like buy the whole world for her but the moment you deny her a pencil she will forget all you have done for her in the past.

At the bold - that's how these women are. Only a fool and a perpetual slave will lead a miserable of working for his wife. You can don't that. With these women, you'll work ya butts off to give them a lifestyle, so as to make them happy, for comfort, and to put them on a pedestal among their peers. However, the moment life strikes ( life is full of ups and downs - reality), and you can't really help them maintain that lifestyle anymore - that's when they'll develop amnesia. Ridicule you. Call you lazy, with all kinds of loose talks. And it's only a matter of time before they leave you in ya misery.

Things are happening but a lot folks just don't pay attention cos they get caught up in emotions, while trying to be perfect. Just do what's best for you and ya children - and engage ya woman in partnership. You can't please women - and there's a dearth of loyalty in the society. Do what's best for you as an individual at all times. And help her get a darn job. They're not loyal! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 24, 2015
From my deductions, a working class lady will never ask this type of question.
Your wife is probably a housewife.

This is what happens when some men are selfish.
You reserved your wife in the kitchen, and you don't expect to be working for her.

Who does that?undecided

6 Likes

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 24, 2015
Chillisauce:

Tufiaaaakwa.

Na you sabi.

Tufiakwa i say again
God bless you jare my sister just imagine jor chie. Thank GOD for my husband sha he strive everyday for his family, meaning me and his unborn kids. What is the meaning of husband and wife, marriage if not the union of one? Whatever you earn, as a husband or wife, you earn it for both yourself, your wife/husband and your kids.

Poster you probably need to check out the real definition of family.

1 Like

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Tstone1(m): 3:26pm On Jan 24, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Pickabeau, you know what this reminds me of?

Your thread!

I think it's rather funny that the same people who thought that was a bad idea are now applauding OP's POV, and apparent need/desire to "separate mother from child"(Oh you know, ethereal nature, hallowed bond, and what not).

Tstone1, why not go all the way, and take her (angered GF - and heck - all of womankind) out of the picture almost completely? I think you could possibly be a good candidate for this, but that all depends on how you feel. There's no hassle of accommodating a woman, just your future children smiley Do check this out, and lemme know what you think? I'm curious.

Read me, OP: www.nairaland.com/2077448/conception-possible-without-women-way
But still I won't under estimate the importance of having a wife. It's just that that selfish thoughts needed to be taken away from there hearts.
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
Tstone1:

But still I won't under estimate the importance of having a wife. It's just that that selfish thoughts needed to be taken away from there hearts.

Not interested?

I think it's something to be understood rather than vocalized, but beyond that, it isn't selfish in the least. If your own family can't expect support from you - in all it's forms - what can they expect?

Or?

1 Like

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by passionate88: 4:18pm On Jan 24, 2015
Tstone1:
Earlier today an argument ensued between my woman and myself about how workaholic I have become in recent times. She later joked about me being serious with my job cos am working cos of her. I told her NO! And to her greatest surprised I let her know am working for the sakes of my children unborn not necessarily her. She became very angry and said she was highly disappointed by my statement.

Work for your unborn children... I just hate that saying that it's because of women that men work harder... It might be some men not all men.. Even some that work because of the women, they will still leave them if the find another guy that's more financially bouyant.... To the men out there, work to give your children a good and secured life and better educationm don't do it because of toto

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tallest Man In Akoka / Aisha Babangida Ends Second Marriage / Am I An Evil Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.