Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! (18822 Views)

Poll: This is:

Right: 34% (50 votes)
Wrong: 65% (95 votes)
This poll has ended

Police Reinstates dismissed Amos Olaniyan (Photos) / 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by aalani(m): 4:09pm On Dec 23, 2008
Another insanity just happened! A report reaching us from Raypower 4.00PM FM news made us know that former EFCC boss has been dismissed from the Nigerian police on the recommendation of Police Service commission. This is an height of anarchy in this country. Is it an offence to fight corruption?

www.premiershipxray.com/forum
exclusively for football lovers
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Frizy(m): 4:17pm On Dec 23, 2008
So many lost souls will support the move. sad
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2008
These guys are working on the principle that you and I will do nothing but shout on the pages of the newspaper

Meanwhile they would have done what they want to do
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by otokx(m): 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2008
source please
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 5:26pm On Dec 23, 2008
when you intentionally don't show up at work, could someone please tell what usually happens?
look, i'm not trying to support any illegal action of this administration, but nigerians must support doing the right thing correctly, regardless of the matter.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Muza(m): 5:31pm On Dec 23, 2008
ibadu Dismissed From Police

Last View on Tue 23rd December, 2008
Last Modified on Tue 23rd December, 2008 9:30:40 am
Author: Posted by Admin Sahara
SaharaReporters, New York

The Nigerian Police Service Commission (PSC) has dismissed former Economic and Financial Crimes Commission chairman, Nuhu Ribadu from the Nigerian police force.

The PSC headed by a retired police officer, Parry Osanyande took the decision after a marathon meeting of the commission.

Ribadu Dismissed From Police-PM News, Lagos
By Nnamdi Felix /Minna

Former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has been dismissed from the police force.

A statement signed by police spokesman, Akpoebi Agberebi, confirmed Ribadu’s sack, this afternoon. He was sacked for indiscipline, insurbordination and absence from duty. Ribadu was one of the six police officers nominated and sent on senior executive course at NIPSS, Kuru, Jos.

While on course, he was demoted to the rank of DCP along with 139 officers, who were allegedly wrongfully promoted. According to a statement signed by Akpoebi, the act of misconduct levelled against Ribadu are improper dressing when he appeared before the president on 13 November, with other NIPSS participants, in plain clothes, where others were properly dressed.

He was also accused of instituting legal proceedings against the Inspector-General of Police, AG and the Police Service Commission, at a Federal High Court in Lagos, without proper authority from government.

These conducts, the statement added, are prejudicial to discipline, proper administration of the force and unbecoming of an officer, contrary to sections 352 and 367 of the Police Act and against Rules 030402 of the Police Service Rules 2006.

Ribadu was also accused of flagrantly disobeying the order and directive of the IG to report to the Force Headquarters on 24 November, along with his NIPSS coursemates, at the completion of their studies.

Furthermore, Ribadu was said to have disregarded his posting order and refused to proceed on transfer when he was posted to zone 5, Benin, as deputy commissioner of police in charge of administration, since 21 November, contrary to sections 349, 348 and 347 of the Police Act.

“Serious misconduct is a specific act of various wrongdoings and improper behaviours, and which is inimical to the image of the service and which can be investigated and if proven, will lead to dismissal. At the end of deliberations, the commission dismissed the officer from the force for acts of gross indiscipline, insubordination and absence from duty, acts singularly and collectively punishable under rules 03, 04,01 of the Public Service Rules 2006,” the statement read.

http://www.saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=796
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Mamajama(m): 5:31pm On Dec 23, 2008
This is actually a good move for Ribadu because in the end the court will vindicate him and he will be reinstated

http://thepmnews.com/2008/12/23/ribadu-dismissed-from-police
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Mamajama(m): 5:35pm On Dec 23, 2008
This action should lead to a public protest to send a signal to this useless administration.

but FELA already sid NIGERIANS will always LOOKU AND LAUGHU. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by RibaduFan(m): 5:40pm On Dec 23, 2008
Aje ke lana, omo ku loni. Tani o mo aje ana lo pomo je.

The witch displayed yesternight, a child died this morning. Do u need a prophet to tell u the cause of the child's death?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Moves: 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2008
More Like, When you fight Corruption , Corruption fights Back (words of ribadu) atleast no one can argue that Nigerian Police = Corruption;
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 6:00pm On Dec 23, 2008
when you fight corruption with corruption= unpleasant outcome
when you think you're bigger than the law= unpleasant outcome
when you disrespect your seniors = unpleasant outcome
when you operate selectively = unpleasant outcome
when you think you're bigger than nigeria = unpleasant outcome
when you accept illegal promotion = unpleasant outcome.

i see nothing wrong with this move, i think it is a great lesson for the youth. doing the right is fine, as long as the right thing is done correctly and accordingly. now, the next step is to arrest him, i think the great citizens of nigeria deserve to have answers to all these unanswered questions.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by ishmael(m): 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2008
but what is Yar'adua saying about all these nonsense that has been happening to Ribadu? is it that yar'adua is the one that is even masterminding the whole thing?  Is it that yar'adua was not happy that Ribadu was fighting corruption?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by BOSS7: 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2008
yemmyse:

Aje ke lana, omo ku loni. Tani o mo aje ana lo pomo je.

The witch displayed yesternight, a child died this morning. Do u need a prophet to tell u the cause of the child's death?

Who's the witch and who's the prophet in this instance?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by RibaduFan(m): 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2008
Boss

Ologbon ni o ma mo, omoye ni o ma tu.

Only the wise can discern it
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by ishmael(m): 6:07pm On Dec 23, 2008
cre8tivity:

when you accept illegal promotion = unpleasant outcome.

what do u mean by illegal promotion? should Ribadu have said NO to a promotion coming from the president? If you were in his shoes, would you say NO to a promotion coming from the president?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by IykeD1(m): 6:08pm On Dec 23, 2008
Unfortunately for the police, this move is actually a good move for Ribadu.  They are so daft and lacking in
the PR department that its just unbelievable but not surprising.  What they can't take away from him is that
he is considered by many all over the world as a corruption crusader.  Now, watch him steal the spotlight
from Okiro, Aaoondoka, Osayende, etc. combined.  This will even kill them more.  Stupid country run by
ultra stupid people.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 6:13pm On Dec 23, 2008
yaradua has nothing to do with this. npf has rules and regulations that must be obeyed at all time by every single officer. ribadu has made it clear several times that he wasn't going to obey any of these rules. he was given more than enough time to get himself together, but he refused. what else is left?  look people, nigeria police force has other officers that are watching every step. you can not disobey the rules and get away with it. i think npf has done the right thing. i'm sure that other officers got the message.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by IykeD1(m): 6:16pm On Dec 23, 2008

what do u mean by illegal promotion? should Ribadu have said NO to a promotion coming from the president? If you were in his shoes, would you say NO to a promotion coming from the president?

President ke?  Nevermind it was the same president that elevated virtually all the current actors to their current status using the same
ordinary and "extra" ordinary powers vested in the president.  Its just that, the power of the president becomes nullified when it comes
to taking actions that forwards a corruption crusader.  Nevermind that the current president was elected by a massively rigged electoral
process, you will think Ghana is a Western nation, what rule of law?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by MT: 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2008
At last, Nigeria has becpme a banana republic. It is sad and disgraceful. How many people will be willing to fight corruption now?. I'm not saying he is a saint, but he did his best.

Yaradua is a complete FAILURE!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by IykeD1(m): 6:20pm On Dec 23, 2008

yaradua has nothing to do with this. npf has rules and regulations that must be obeyed at all time by every single officer. ribadu has made it clear several times that he wasn't going to obey any of these rules. he was given more than enough time to get himself together, but he refused. what else is left?  look people, nigeria police force has other officers that are watching every step. you can not disobey the rules and get away with it. i think npf has done the right thing. i'm sure that other officers got the message.

Hmm, this is news to me, I didn't know men of the NPF have stopped collecting bribes, these officers must be very effective across the country!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2008
not a good move for ribadu. ribadu as a dismissed officer or as an officer that was dismissed because he intentionally refused to show up for work and also disobeyed the rules and regulations, he wouldn't be able to hold any un position or fg position in nigeria. futhermore, now that he has been dismissed, he has no choice, but to come and answer all these questions. believe me, the answers are not favorable to him. it is a matter of time, it would all be out for us.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by HolyMikel(m): 6:24pm On Dec 23, 2008
what? too bad shocked
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by IykeD1(m): 6:25pm On Dec 23, 2008

not a good move for ribadu. ribadu as a dismissed officer or as an officer that was dismissed because he intentionally refused to show up for work and also disobeyed the rules and regulations, he wouldn't be able to hold any un position or fg position in nigeria. futhermore, now that he has been dismissed, he has no choice, but to come and answer all these questions. believe me, the answers are not favorable to him. it is a matter of time, it would all be out for us.

Hold another FGN position, are you really kidding? I really hope and pray that he Ribadu is not that stupid.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2008
this absentee president, na wa for am. he hides inside his bedroom in aso rock while thugs and shoplifters take all his decisions for him. it has never been this bad.  sad
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 6:29pm On Dec 23, 2008
ibori is next. the rule of law must be obeyed by all. everybody must be treated equally. nobody is above the law. thank God for democracy. democracy for all democracy forever. the only way out of darkness.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by RibaduFan(m): 6:31pm On Dec 23, 2008
Creativity

Why re u blowing hot and cold all at once?

To ba ma seku, seku. To ba ma seye, seye. Ewo wa ni osekuseye?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 6:33pm On Dec 23, 2008
?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by AdamBrody1(m): 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2008
Why should i feel sorry for him? This is a man that haunted, taunted and hounded so many political enemies of Obasanjo and he was playing god to suit his master and believing he will sit down forever in that chair.

Now the roles are being reversed and he is screaming himself hoarse.

All those illegal detentions, maltreatment and dehumanizing things he and his Efcc cohorts were doing for close to 6 years will never be forgotten. He single handled waged a war against Atiku to prevent him from contesting. Whether Atiku is corrupt or not is not the issue but he did everything in his power to prevent him and push for obj's third term and not forgetting that both obj and atiku both had immunity from such bland actions. If atiku was corrupt, why spare the chief corruptor and even promote his 3rd term agenda?

He should suffer the humilation and more and this should be a lesson to other power hungry people that think they can rough shed people during their time in power as if it will never end. In fact through out his tenure he acted as if he wasnt a police officer and responsible to the police force.

Why should he given quadruple promotion above his mates when they both had the same equal standing and character to do the job? His appointment was a political master stroke, his dismissal is a political deft move!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by proo212(m): 6:38pm On Dec 23, 2008
Ibori ko? Ibori ni? This creativity guy likes the sound of his own voice too much.

I'm waiting for Madam Information Minister to put government spin on this one. Nigerians might not protest this one but everyone knows what is going on, Someone on one of the other boards gave her 2 weeks before her star begins to fade.

I guess she will convieniently avoid this one.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by luka1981(m): 6:41pm On Dec 23, 2008
@ cre8tivity, you own me just three questions to get one answer fom me.
how much did your father stole from the government?
did ribadu maltreated him?
are you married?
i am not against anybody whose parents profited from corruption especially if that person is still single grin grin
though i want nigeria to be corruption free
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 6:42pm On Dec 23, 2008
He should suffer the humilation and more and this should be a lesson to other power hungry people that think they can rough shed people during their time in power as if it will never end. In fact through out his tenure he acted as if he wasnt a police officer and responsible to the police force.

Why should he given quadruple promotion above his mates when they both had the same equal standing and character to do the job? His appointment was a political master stroke, his dismissal is a political deft move!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by sherrylo: 6:42pm On Dec 23, 2008
@ cre8tivity what "illegal promotion"?na wah for you ooo.So Okiro that was taken over his senior to be the IG do you consider that one "illegal" too?

@Iyke honestly I was in Ghana when they did their election,you truly would think Ghana is a western country

We are doomed in this country we call Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Ogoni Leaders At Aso Villa (pics) / Nigeria In Danger Over 11 Contract Breaches / Imo Attack: IGP Deploys Security Reinforcement Squads, Sets Up Special Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.