Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,376 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! (18850 Views)

Poll: This is:

Right: 34% (50 votes)
Wrong: 65% (95 votes)
This poll has ended

Police Reinstates dismissed Amos Olaniyan (Photos) / 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by profits1: 7:17am On Dec 24, 2008
@idiopathic, It was bc Ribadu represents the first fair attempt to fight corruption, But a defiant nigerian can still do it without protecting OBJ and click thats my point, RUle of law-equality before the law can stop corruption
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by profits1: 7:27am On Dec 24, 2008
Nawao, Many defending Ribadu against the latest cama are mostly fraudulent browsers of free browsing through our GSM Ntworks but they are running corruption comentary  here, Jugde ur Conscience, lets fight corruption totally
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by hollandis(f): 7:38am On Dec 24, 2008
Karma is at work here
singing justin timberlake what goes around comes around
Need i say more?

Ribadu tongue
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by sartorius(m): 7:43am On Dec 24, 2008
this ribadu matter has been overflogged, the psc has the right to dismiss him, he knows he was to be dismissed,wait for the verdict of the court. the bigger picture is to make sure cases he set up and new cases are followed
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by jonene: 7:55am On Dec 24, 2008
Everyday-Ribadu, ribadu, ribadu-whats all this noise about anyway?-you cannot fight corruption outside the constitution-the fight will bounce back on you especially in a country like Nigeria where nothing works!i don't have an ounce of a pity for Ribadu-he over-deserves whatever hes going thru-why do people have such short memory-where are the people making noise now when Ribadu impeached a democratically elected governor with 6 legislators, when he handcuffed an IG in court premises against all known ethics, when he was hounding abubakar all over the place to make sure he does not contest(don't get me wrong-am not saying abubaker is a saint), PLEASE, whats all the noise about what Ribadu is going through? Nemesis is simply at work: when he detained people for weeks, months and in some cases for years without court order, when he refused to treat bode george like the rest of us mortals, when he flagrantly sold seized properties to the lowest bidders, when he hid petitions on lucky igbenedion and refused to deal with him, i can go on and on, what he forgot is that POWER is transient and that CHANGE is the only thing in this world that is permanent. I dont think he deserves all this attention, you can never RIGHT perceived WRONGS by a string of illegalities which is what Ribadu's tenure represent at EFCC, no tears for him!Anyway what did he do to deserve promotion twice in a year-went to fight a police war in Rwanda?just imagine, he refused to answer the IG when he was called to a meeting(insubordination), refused his posting(awol), i can go on and on, pls forget this guy-hes a bad dream-arrogant and full of himself, when he was in EFCC, you are not invited-they just come and bulldoze u with armed mopol-remember adenuga's case, am irritated with the way and manner people are talking about him as a corruption czar-czar ko, czar ni!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 24, 2008
i read all the posters celebrating ribadu's travails, and i ask myself if i should not start seeking another passport

wheter ribadu followed the rule of law or not in prosecuting corrupt politicains, wheter he was selective or not -  he got results. there was a brief period when it actually looked as if the practice of elected officials using the governement treasury as their personal bank accounts would be a thing of the past.

the same people celebratring buhari and idiagbon vilified them back in the 80s

can any of you see the larger picture here? that this means that the corrupt politicans are winning? don't any of you realize that corruption is what is killing this country? we spend billions on roads, phcn, etc and have nothing to show for it.

I am ashamed to be a nigerian, a citizen of a country that does not deserve heroes. that is what Ribadu is. ICPC followed the so called rule of law - did they have anything to show for it? Maybe ribadu enegaged in 'selective persecution' as you call it? were any of the persecuted not guilty? how do you know he would not have gone after them after obasanjo's term?

Nigeria. . . guess we deserve eveerything we get
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by crescent(f): 8:09am On Dec 24, 2008
With this single act about Ribadu, it is simply a warner to he-who-want-to be an harbinger of truth that they should stay away, Nigerian is not ripe for for corruption expulsion, one day we shall get there and not long so I believed. however the man name will be remember in the annal of Nigeria history and I believe history will be a better judgement of this cruel act
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by jejelolatu(f): 8:26am On Dec 24, 2008
I wd try not to miss d point- most posters seem to be doin jst dat!!! Lol

frm my very NARROW nd BIASED point of view,i consider dis as an assault against ribadu.

sum money bags/ corrupt people jst wnt to get back @ yaradua 4 his fight against them, dats certainly obvious .

So now, let me luk @ d BIG PICTURE!

I believe d constitutn shd be supreme,so my dear ribadu erred when he took the NPF to court without permission frm his superiors (who he was dragging to court, by the way,how wd he hv gotten permisn frm them?)

He also failed to obey simple rules by nt reporting for duty,

Dats d OFFICIAL basis 4 his dismissal, the police force wd legally get away wit that,

The constitution doesnt care abt d underlyin reasons for his dismassal nd neither is d court goin to consider this issue frm a sentimental point.

My people hv a proverb " eni a fe sun ti o fi epo para"

ribadu put himself in d line of fire by fightin corruption, he shd hv knwn dat corruption wd fight back, bt he failed to protect himself CONSTITUTIONALLY.

Right now,hes wrong
and sadly, they are right!!!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 24, 2008
jejelolatu:

He also failed to obey simple rules  by nt reporting for duty,

that is d OFFICIAL  basis 4 his dismissal, the police force wd legally get away wit that,

The constitution doesnt care about d underlyin reasons for his dismassal nd neither is d court goin to consider this issue frm a sentimental point. 

Right now,hes wrong
and sadly, they are right!!!

to me thats more of a setup than anything else. most of the time, there's a lot of flexibility about rules. its when u want to fk a person up,that you start focusing on them. classic example - officialy i resume at 8am. sometimes i come in later than that go slow etal. if my oga is setting 4 me, all he needs to do is send me a query for 'latecoming'

i guess u're right actually, the moment they are out for you, you have to be on your toes;but in the end , they will get you - there is always some obscure rule that can serve for ousting unfavored persons from office

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

nigeria. . . .
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by landis(m): 9:05am On Dec 24, 2008
Ribadu thought he was clever but now in played well into their hands.

He has now being treated the way he treated others.It is simple fact of life.

Below is the clincer that finished Ribadu:

THISDAY gathered from a source close to the PSC that Ribadu was not sacked for going to court, but for going “AWOL” (absent without official leave).
“The PSC did not recommend for his (Ribadu’s) sack because he went to court. If we did that, that would have amounted to contempt of court. He was dismissed for abandoning his duty post in total disregard of the Police Act,” the source said.
The source noted that although Ribadu had gone to court, there was no injunction from the court barring the Nigeria Police Force from posting him, stopping him from going to work or appearing before the disciplinary committee that was constituted by the police high command.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by RibaduFan(m): 9:09am On Dec 24, 2008
Checkmate!!!

When u play with grandmasters of the act of scheming, u dont play fair, u play safe and dirty. Ribadu, u need more coaching. Kindly consult El Rufai.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by landis(m): 9:15am On Dec 24, 2008
yemmyse:

Checkmate!!!

When u play with grandmasters of the act of scheming, u don't play fair, u play safe and dirty. Ribadu, u need more coaching. Kindly consult El Rufai.

El rufai days are also numbered.

Unless he stay forever in UK but I trust UK/US; once they collect all his money through taxes. They will push him out.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by udokpuenyi(m): 9:19am On Dec 24, 2008
This is a case of " IF YOU CANNOT MARCH WITH YOUR MASTER HAND IN HAND YOU CAN MAIM HIS FAVOURITE HE-GOAT". OBJ stepped on many toes using Ribadu Led EFCC and since OBJ like a god that cannot be carried by a single hand, the Looting Oligarchs of this doomed countryhas decided to  descend heavily on Ribadu.  Uniform or no Uniform, the FG has decided to nail Ribadu right from the time he was sent to Jos, to his eventual demotion, his dismissal was the end of a trend that  started since May 29, 2007. Yes Ribadu was selective in some of his actions but never we forget that he (OBJ) who blows the trumpet dictates the tune. Why not Yar 'dua select another portion of this country  and fight corruption like OBJ-RIBADU. Turn by turn the cake will go round. What is being meted out to Ribadu Is injustice at highest echelon.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by blinx4real(m): 9:20am On Dec 24, 2008
worldman:

no problem but i hate that guy ribadu he did selective job ok look what happen to other past governor ,O.B.J is a corrupt leader what did ribadu did to O.B.J the problem with him is that he think he is biger than Nigeria not knowing we have people who are more powerful than is boss O.B.J.
@ Wroldman link - Sorry, can I know who the WE are cos you are certainly the ones destroying Nigeria, Your kind of people are the ones entrenching corruption. Please tell your own boss that this country belongs to all of us and we will not sit and watch them rubbish hardworking men of integrity.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by RibaduFan(m): 9:21am On Dec 24, 2008
Udo

U ve spoken well. May wisdom never leave u.

The drama is still unfolding.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by otukpo(f): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2008
THAT SERVES RIBADU RIGHT.
IT IS ALSO A LESSON FOR THOSE THAT ARE IN POWER AND PUBLIC OFFICE HOLDERS WHO MAY WANT TO BE INTOXICATED BY POWER.

RIBADU HAS DONE ENOUGH TO DESERVE THE DISMISSAL. I WANT TO BELIEVE THAT IT IS THOSE PAID AGENTS OF RIBADU THAT ARE MAKING ALL THE NOISE, CALLING FOR ONE PROTEST OR THE OTHER.

AM HAPPY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE BEGINING TO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS CAMPAIN IN SUPPORT OF RIBADU IS A SPONSORED THING. PAID AGENTS OF RIBADU ARE AT WORK.  

CONTRARY TO U PPLE'S OPINION, NIGERIA IS MOVING TOWARDS THE PATH OF GREATNESS. ALL THOSE THAT HAVE CONTRIBUTED IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER TO DESTROY THIS NATION WILL BE BROUGHT TO BOOK.

THE IBORI'S, ODILI'S ETC AND EVEN MRS WAZIRI AND MR. YAR ADUA WILL BE MADE TO ANSWER TO NIGERIANS IF THEY HAVE ABUSED THEIR OFFICE BY THE TIME THEY LEAVE OFFICE.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Ellyptical: 9:32am On Dec 24, 2008
L+G,
When I see people defend Nuhu Ribadu and cry that he was a martyr, I wonder is people actually understand that fighting corruption partially is worse than fighting corruption at all. We all know that NOT A SINGLE corrupt politician who was in OBJ's coven was touched my the cowardly EFCC boss. He helped a corrupt president to wield dictatorial power by acting as a bull dog that attacks any opposition to the president.
While I strongly support the activities of the EFCC in fighting corruption in general, i refuse to be a part of a move where a body is set up to fight the corruption of only those who are enemies of the corrupt president.
Why did Ribadu not prosecute Odili with all the allegations leveled against him even after his tenure was over?
Why did Ribadu not prosecute OBJ the moment he stepped down?
I put it to you, If Ribadu had kept security officials who hand-cuffed OBJ immediately he handed over to Yar-Adua, he would have not only won the SilverBird man of the year, but he would have been a Legend. He would have with that, that he actually meant to fight corruption in all dimensions but OBJs immunity did not allow him while OBJ was on seat. Instead, he went after only the governors who were against 3rd term or had problems with OBJ.

What Ribadu is passing through is what you get for using an office meant to fight corruption, to fight political opponents.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by udokpuenyi(m): 9:41am On Dec 24, 2008
Otukpo, though you are entitled to your own opinion, uneasy lies on the head that wears the crown,I hope your mind is at home while you are writing your unguided comments. Ribadu is neither a saint nor a sinner. He is just a victim in a country of citizen prisoners. Will you like what happen to Nuhu to happen to U any day you say no to evil in your own way?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by texazzpete(m): 9:44am On Dec 24, 2008
Sometimes the way NIgerians reason baffles me.
There's the mikeansy chap that goes around claiming that the only people critical of RIbadu are Yahoo boys.
Look, there's a difference between jubilating at someone's downfall and being critical of someone's conduct.
I have been one of the most strident anti-corruption and anti-Yahoo members of Nairaland since it's inception so i take extreme offense at the accusation this retard mikeansy is spouting.

My argument is clear. Ribadu has handled this matter badly. We always heard that a man of clear conscience fears no accusation, that an innocent man should fight to clear his name. But when i see a police officer with years of experience taking the battle to the pages of Nigerian newspapers only, then i wonder how clear the innocence is.

And just for the record, there's no indication that it the was the Police behind any purported assassination attempt, so the idea of him not reporting the issue to the Police, even if it is to elements sympathetic to his cause is quite funny.

NAturally people failed to answer my question, No one is willing to bet his life that Ribadu is entirely clean contrary to the allegations made against him. So if you harbor any iota of doubt why defend him roundly?

Oh, i forgot. This is Nigeria. Corruption is accepted as long as you do a managable job i.e Marwa of Lagos.

Mr Pataki, i'm not 'idiotic' as you put it. i'm merely cynical as most Nigerians are. Nigeria made me that way, i'm afraid.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 24, 2008
texazzpete:

My argument is clear. Ribadu has handled this matter badly. We always heard that a man of clear conscience fears no accusation, that an innocent man should fight to clear his name. But when i see a police officer with years of experience taking the battle to the pages of Nigerian newspapers only, then i wonder how clear the innocence is.

TP, na naija we deyexactly how is he going to go about - 'clearing his name' . all the ogas in the force from Okiro down, are acting on 'orders from above' . do you think seeing justice served is the goal of any of ribadu's accusers?

texazzpete:

And just for the record, there's no indication that it the was the Police behind any purported assassination attempt, so the idea of him not reporting the issue to the Police, even if it is to elements sympathetic to his cause is quite funny.

if you get threatened by assassins/kidnappers , would you go to the police? even for regular civilans, police are good for nothing is it now a person who has been declared persona non grata who can rely on the police?

The message is loud and clear - We the looters are in control, we run things and no one and nothing can take us down - anyone who dares. . .
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by CRonaldo2: 9:57am On Dec 24, 2008
I nearly sheld tears reading some of the comments from this thread. It is indeed a pity and it goes further to confirm that the only hope we have in this country is God.

It is a pity that we have people like OTUKPO in this country, I'm sorry to say but I think your credibility is seriously in question going by your comments unless you were joking. It is shocking, sad and pathetic to know that people like you exist on this forum.

I'm sorry once again if I'm too harsh but seriously you should be ashamed of yourself unless you are one of the yahoo boys that have been hurt,
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by otukpo(f): 10:03am On Dec 24, 2008
for all those attacking cre8tivity
what i see in creativity is
* someone hungry for justice
* someone who is able to discern when others can't
* someone in touch with hisorty
* someone who has been following the politics of Nigeria at least since 1991
* someone who is current
* someone with sharp brain and retentive memory
* someone who is ready to contribute her own selflessly to make Nigeria great
* someone who is sincere and has conscience
* someone who is not corrupt
* someone who is brave to stand alone against the wrong majority
* someone who is objective not attaching sentiment

i wish we have up to 30% of Nigerians who can reason like creativity, i bet u this country would be better than America even sooner than we imagined.

if i may even ask those talking of bank robberies: were there no bank robberies and door to door night robberiesduring OBJ's time? we had worse
were there no cases of assasination that have remained unresolved even till date? we had worse

WHO SHLD ALWAYS STAND FOR JUSTICE NO MATTER WHO IS INVOLVED.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by SegzyJoe(m): 10:05am On Dec 24, 2008
@Muza & Cre8tivity

We ve heard you guys enough, atleast you people can hold your peace and let other reasonable Nigerians talk, afterall you ve been waiting for this and it has come, must you follow Ribadu to the grave. You People are example Nigerians that favour  the status quo or you vested interest in Ribadu case, am sure you people want El- Rufai jailed too. I wish you all the best.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Olaolufred(m): 10:17am On Dec 24, 2008
Creativity,

You are a woman of thought. You have spoken my Mind.

Thanks

when you fight corruption with corruption= unpleasant outcome
when you think you're bigger than the law= unpleasant outcome
when you disrespect your seniors = unpleasant outcome
when you operate selectively = unpleasant outcome
when you think you're bigger than nigeria = unpleasant outcome
when you accept illegal promotion = unpleasant outcome.

i see nothing wrong with this move, i think it is a great lesson for the youth. doing the right is fine, as long as the right thing is done correctly and accordingly. now, the next step is to arrest him, i think the great citizens of nigeria deserve to have answers to all these unanswered questions.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by jejelolatu(f): 10:30am On Dec 24, 2008
We wnt to change nigeria nd yet we cnt even change d peeps on nland,

Its okay to hv a problem wit ribadu,

its okay to regard his corruptn fight as selective.

Its PROBABLY even okay to call him OBJ's watchdog

(dats al subject to point of view nd level of understanding)

but i draw d line where anyone takes a side against ribadu-ON THIS ISSUE,

heres my point,

dis isnt abt whether u lyk ribadu or not.

Dis isnt abt if ribadu was working for OBJ or working against a selected few (corrupt al d same)

dis isnt even abt if his demotion, harrasment nd eventual dismissal was justified.

(shine ur eyes:dnt miss the point)

This is abt CORRUPTION fighting back,

This is abt takin a stand FOR or AGAINST corruption.

This is abt sending a CLEAR msg to nigerians,d rest of the world nd the next generation, because at d end of al dis brouhaha- a STATEMENT wd hv bin made/a message wd hv been sent!!

My question is,

Wat would dat msg/statement be?

Hmmmmn, its high time we started usin our brains o, dnt let journalist,analysts nd vocal politicians brainwash u!!!

Dis issue is bigger than ribadu nd d police force!!!
OPEN UR MIND, dnt get it twisted!!!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Capone(m): 10:36am On Dec 24, 2008
It is a shame to see some Nigerians write arrant nonsense using the WWW as a cover. To tell you the truth I have for long been expecting this to happen to Ribadu. My reason:

1. Ribadu fought corruption: We all agree that he fought a selective battle for his boss. But tell me who among those he persecuted is innocent of the charges against him.

2. A young man given a job by the C-in-C of a country when there are old hands to do job certainly will not go well with our people who want a continuation of the old order. The young men of this country have been sent a wrong signal not to tamper with the status quo.

3. The Nigerian Police is known to be the most corrupt institution in Nigeria. NO WONDER his travails. Those at the helm of affairs of the Police are dancing to the tune of a corrupt cabal. You know Tafa Balogun boys will stop at nothing to get at Ribadu. Remember, Ehindero was also indicted by the Police authorities.

4. For the first time the international community believed in Nigeria's fight against corruption because it was evident. Ribadu spoke his mind against our corrupt governors. I remember that the mere mention of EFCC or Ribadu sends jitters down the spines of our corrupt officials.

In Nigeria, corruption is good, to fight it is evil.

As for me let every body fighting corruption do it partially and lets see if it will not end. You fight your corrupt enemies, I fight my corrupt enemies and one way or the other we get rid of the corrupt guys in our society.

All the corrupt guys and leaders in Nigeria will now heave a sigh of relief. I can see them jubilating for finally getting the last laugh. You know the corrupt guys supported Yaradua to power especially James Ibori and others.

Double pomotion is practised every where.

I am not holding brief for Ribadu but I believe anything corruption charges against him should be fought the right way the way he did.

I am surprised that some people are critisizing Ribadu for holding Bode George. We know George is responsible for the rot in NPA. Besides most of those he went after are PDP guys.

Guys please lets share ideas on the way forward. Is there hope in this country? Can we really forge  ahead? I am really tired of all this failed promises.

Corruption brings about absolute poverty and lack of development. It is responsible for all the ethno-religious crisis we've been witnessing in this country. It is the cause of the Niger Delta crisis. It is why NEPA is not working. It is why Nigerian sports are not progressing. It is the sole reason why Nigeria is just the Giant of Africa on Paper. It is the reason why our people will celebrate in their churches or mosques upon getting a visa to Europe or even Vietnam. ( I wonder why must you be happy that you are leaving your country). The list is so much.

I weep for Nigeria

CORRUPTION IS FIGHTING BACK

SATAN is using CORRUPTION to hold Nigeria down.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by texazzpete(m): 10:39am On Dec 24, 2008
jejelolatu:

This is about takin a stand FOR or AGAINST corruption.

This is about sending a CLEAR msg to nigerians,d rest of the world  nd the next generation, because at d end of al this brouhaha- a STATEMENT wd hv bin made/a message wd hv been sent!!

My question is,

what would that msg/statement be?

Hmmmmn, its high time we started usin our brains o, dnt let journalist,analysts nd vocal politicians brainwash u!!!

this issue is bigger than  ribadu nd d police force!!!
OPEN UR MIND, dnt get it twisted!!!

SOme of us want to make sure that we are not unknowingly siding with corruption if we stand with Ribadu.
All i'm saying is, let's dig deep into this matter. Many Abuja residents placed a similar Halo on El Rufai's head until the reports of corrruption became deafening.  
My saints do not have giant flaws.
I've never said Ribadu was guilty. All i've said is his behaviour is exceedingly odd for an innocent man and hence i look at him with suspicion. He has to clear his name through direct battle, not by using newspapers and nairalanders as proxies.

PErhaps the message it sends to Nigerians is to run away from travails, even when you are right.
And please, enough with the Abiola comparisons. This is a democracy.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Olaolufred(m): 10:41am On Dec 24, 2008
[b]Oh, i want Justice, that is not carried out with injustice.

I must appreciate that women post here is more thoughtful to me.

Creativity, Otukpo are the frontrunners in the crusade against executive anarchy

perpetrated by OBJ. I commend them.

It is our thoughts that must first change before our life can.

Someone, says no matter how, corruption must be fought with/without rule of law.

It is an insane comment. Corruption is illegal, fighting it must be legal and pure.

Ribadu was an unfortunate cutlass that obj used in beheading justice.

People who were displeased with the action saw the cutlass and set it on fire.

That is what we are witnessing.

Every enemy of the truthfull revelations of Creativity shoul answer her questions.

When you answered them correctly, you can start cursing or abusing.

If you did not answer those questions and start cursing, I send them all back to you.

One mistake from my man(RIBADU) is that when it was glaring that he is being used, he stayed with the anarch OBJ.

Here is the awfull end.[/b]
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by eleshin(m): 10:43am On Dec 24, 2008
"one day bushmeat go catch the hunter".its amazing how the hunter becomes the hunted, when he was the efcc boss he did a brilliant job by hunting those in the SCRIPT handed over to him by obj,he was use as an instrument of gettin back to obj enemies,in consolation he was undeservedly doudle promoted.he investigated bode george on the NPA financial misappropriation but he saw no trace of siphoning which was even more amazing.the police service commision are responsible for officers promotion but they knew nothing about ribadu's double promo.what do you have to say about fani kayode the mouthpiece of obj,guys many victims are on the way to obey the law of karma.just keep your fingers cross.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by texazzpete(m): 10:45am On Dec 24, 2008
Capone:

Double pomotion is practised every where.

I am not holding brief for Ribadu but I believe anything corruption charges against him should be fought the right way the way he did.

Double promotion is only done on merit. The Nigerian police force has a strict, laid down career progression path. The PSC is the body in charge of the career movement of officers and they say promotion twice within four months is a serious and unfair anomaly.

By all means, Ribadu should get a National honour (heard one was indeed in the offing) but not an unfair and unmerited promotion.

IF he had taken the demotion with dignity, would that have killed him? Or perhaps even resign with honour as Dele Sobowale of the Vanguard Newspapers urged him to do.

If every Nigerian posting in support of Ribadu was actually Honest and incorruptible, Nigeria would have been a better place indeed.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Olaolufred(m): 10:53am On Dec 24, 2008
Is police rank a chieftaincy Tittle?

Remember, PDP killed Bola Ige, and compesated the main suspect with senatorial seat.

The chieftaincy tittle given by one anarch obj to compesate his cutlass was the AIG.

If i am your boss in an office. I am a director, you are a manager.

If my cousin graduated and join my Company,

Do you advice me to make him manager over you?

Answer me Quick, quick, quick.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by RibaduFan(m): 10:55am On Dec 24, 2008
Olaolu

Pls tell me u didnt write the last post. Tell me ur 10 years old niece stole ur password and wrote it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Evacuate Nationals If South Africa Attacks Worsen – Minister / Onyechi Ikpeazu Hired By Adekunle Akinlade, Ogun APM For Election Tribunal / Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.