Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

The Old Man Buhari Deserves A Chance.(opinion). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Old Man Buhari Deserves A Chance.(opinion). (506 Views)

Even God Rested On The 7th Day, Pres. Buhari Deserves Some Rest - Femi Adeshina / Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki / Obasanjo Is An Expired Man,Buhari Will Fail If He Confronts Me – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Old Man Buhari Deserves A Chance.(opinion). by Timoleon(m): 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
Recently, a sitting Governor posted the pic below as a reason why General Muhammadu Buhari(rtd) should not be voted, citing his age as a disqualifying criteria. Looking at the ages of our past leaders though, the age difference between that of Gmb and others is quite large. This then becomes my point of divetgence. If throughout our political history, supposedly youthful persons have taken up the mantle of leadership and about sixty years later we find ourselves in this quagmire of irregular power supply(where it exists), low level of education(my president stil celebrates sending our people abroad to other schools), poor health facilities(neber ending strikes within the health sector by professionals who agree there should be more investments in nigerian imstitutions, overdependence on one source of revenue, general low standard of living( majority still live 8n less dan $2/day, insurmountable problem of insecurity(our sovereignty as a country has been breached as local governts have ceeded to insurgents), poor standard of living.....

Suffice to say, GMB was one of those naive youths who took over the mantle of power. he had good intentions(his speech after militsry takeover in '83), he made mistakes, hopefully he hss learnt. more young men took over after him, Babangida,( who can forget the SAPs, deregulations and high level corruptionnand drug traficking or the anullment of the June12 elections, Abacha? Obj? Now Jonathan?

Dont get me wrong, not that subsequent goveenments or even Buhari's government didnt add any value to the Nigerian entity, they did. More recently, Jonathan has the improvement in the rail system to his credit. However on the larger scale, all the youths( as at the time they became president of this nation failed Nigeria.

Muhammadu Buhari deserves a chanc, albeit a second chance. He has tried before, he wasn't perfect, he made his mistakes, he has learnt, he is wiser now, he is older now.

Re: The Old Man Buhari Deserves A Chance.(opinion). by jamace(m): 9:11pm On Jan 24, 2015
Vote GEJ.

1 Like

Re: The Old Man Buhari Deserves A Chance.(opinion). by Timoleon(m): 10:39pm On Jan 24, 2015
jamace:
Vote GEJ.

next time it shoud be like dis 'vote GEJ lol. i was only joking.'
Re: The Old Man Buhari Deserves A Chance.(opinion). by Ikengawo: 10:51pm On Jan 24, 2015
Someone that can't fill out a candidacy for correctly?

Jonathan's transforming this country, I'm with him

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Plans To Stop Next Month's Elections / Who Do You Think Will Win #nigeria2015 If GEJ,GMB Stick To Their Manifestos? / US Takes Control Of $480m Abacha Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.