Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,809 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities (72310 Views)

List Of 10 Top Toughest Examinations In The World. See If JAMB Made The List. / The Best Way To Pass Examinations In High Institution / Causes Of Mass-Failure In Public Examinations In Nigeria -By Tayo Demola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by mekoyo(m): 1:54pm On Feb 08, 2007
Let it stay. But wait,

Do you know that some universities are now taking it as an advantage to make excessive money. Lectueres are now involving in post jamb malpractice.

Must every good thing we do in this country be corrupt?

Why must there bad eggs in every good one?

Post jamb is a very good hurdle for admission. It reveals the intellectual of the student, the real student.
Imagine somebody that had 280 in jamb could not differentiate between a plant and animal? Shame!

It is a very nice strategy and like it.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2007
its really bad, that the post jamb has being introduced in Nigerian Universities, am talking from a personal exp,
Cant see any reason why i was not granted admission with 260 in U.M.E and a 19 in post jamb in O.S.U, geez, that means i have to wait another 2 yrs, cuz i didnt get the next jamb, am fed, UP, the fraustration is too much, plus ,my parents now tag me, as a waka-about, even though i d, shit, i feel like swearing for osilesi, and his darmed admins, i had my ssce in 2003 with superb rainbow colors, and i have since gained admission into fedpolyilaro, but shitt, this gets me crazy anytime i think about it,
i think i better leave the topic,or i might end up swearing for the next 5 generations of , forget
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by depromise: 6:24pm On Jun 26, 2007
pls i want someone to tell me the cut off mark for the jamb student of this year 2007/2008 session especially science students who want to enroll in medicine in the university of ado-ekiti.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by ethereal(f): 11:52am On Jun 28, 2007
I REALY AM SORRY IF A LOT OF PEOPLE REALLY FEEL THAT WAY ABOUT THE POST UME. THE EXAM IS A WELCOME DEVELOPMENT AND A BREATH OF FRESH AIR TO NIGERIANS. MY BROTHER IS READING LAW AFTER MAKING 216 IN JAMB AND PASSING THE POSTUME,THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE B4 NOW.
PLS ALL JAMBITES READ AND YOU WILL SURELY PASS, I DOUBT IF ANYBODY IS WITCHHUNTING ANYBODY.JUST READDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by shittu123(m): 6:48pm On Jun 28, 2007
There is nothing bad in it .infact it still help some student whose mark/score in jamb were not well upgraded. I think it is a kind of second chance for all.
I think it should be URGED.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by anusule(m): 7:59pm On Jun 28, 2007
?
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by Novena2(f): 10:59am On Jul 14, 2007
This Post UME is really making me sick. I think the recent Govt should look into it. The Post UME is a good idea but the people conducting it are the ones that spoiled the show. Its now money making group.

Please does anyone know when Unical is taking their Post UME.
Thanks.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by shollydee(m): 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2007
umm
eveybody has spoken well to me post ume is a nice development but u know the country we re, very very corrupt, imagine i had sat for it twice without telling us our result and men their silly qst pissed one off. u see these people has turn post ume to trash, is just a way of revenue for them and money making for lectures.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by Ikembam: 2:14am On Jul 31, 2007
Well, the introduction of POST JAMB was borne with the pre-conception of curbing the exasperating examination malpractices that nearly half of the Nigerian Students indulge in. Fine, at the initial stage, this idea was unanimously agreed upon by the NUC without utmost bias. But this idea is now being misconstrued by most Nigerian Universities. They take it as a wonderful medium for them to have their own share of THE NATIONAL CAKE. This is a slap in the face to the NUC. Frankly speaking, if this strategy were to be deployed properly as was earlier thought of, i'm very much sure it's gonna go a long way to vindicating the just candidates who burnt the midnight candles and scaled through different hurdles in the course of preparing for their JAMB.
In fact, a friend of mine scored 235 in OAU post jamb last year, he applied for Medicine and Biochemistry. But to his utmost amazement, he found himself in ANIMAL SCIENCE. Could you imagine such a RIDICULOUS ANTICLIMAX TRANSITION. Nawa oooo!
Well, i think it's hightime the Nigerian Government intervened in this academic menace. I beg, BROTHER YAR'ADUA, do something! Things shouldn't continue like this! Like one of our members here said, if it will be possible to institute a body to monitor the POST JAMB, it's gonna be fantastic.
Finally, i must be candid with my self, THE INTRODUCTION OF POST JAMB EXAMINATION IS A GOOD IDEA WHICH SHOULD BE WELL IMPLEMENTED.
Abi na lie i dey talk! I beg make u tell me o if i dey kill lie. If u have the same view with me, call me on 08029688339.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by jazry: 5:16pm On Jul 31, 2007
Hey guys sup, who knows when ABu will be writing their post jamb plzzzzzzz thanks
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by okeyalways(m): 3:27pm On Aug 03, 2007
i missed entering university the first time post jamb was introduced just becuse i got 198 when they said the cut-off was 200. but now u can still see that there are univerisities cuting below 150. that is not fiar. i believe that if the idea of post jamb is to be continued, there should be a kind of regulation. such that there would be a particular score that one must attain irrespective of ur institution of choice.
Okey
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by ossyboy1: 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2007
please when is enugu state university conducting their post jamb 2007/2008
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by Oracle(m): 4:38pm On Aug 16, 2007
Please when will Uniport have their post UME exams.
My friend needs help immediately.

Thanks.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by pennypet: 8:39am On Sep 04, 2007
i dont just know with to do about uniosun pls guys i want to give my an advices "what degree can i do without doing jamb"and "which school can i go without jamb" and i want to know more about "igmb" pls i will like u to reply me back through this mail gentleaction3008@fastermail.com or call 08026964009
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by tobintino(m): 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2007
[b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#000099][/color]
please any one that knows when the result of ahmadu bello university zaria post ume screening exam is released should please inform me.anytime it comes out,
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by ruffneck(m): 8:26am On Dec 05, 2007
the best thing to happen to our university education system in recent times.i was afraid when i got to UNN to write the last post ume exam.we were more that 7000 students for economics with more than half of this number scoring more than 260 in JAMB.these are the canditates that ordinarily would have been given admission if not for the post jamb.when the results came out only a couple opf them managed to score up tp 200 while majority of them scored less than 200. most of us that got admitted scord way above our Jamb scores which goes to show that the test was easier than jamb.

i think it will make candidates sit up and study.it still baffles me what happened when i wrote the last jamb exam somewhere in isolo lagos.infact it suprises that my center's results was released.a group of boys were going from class to class calling names and distributing already solved answers to candidates in full glare of invigilators.what a shame!!
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by nossycheek(f): 3:17pm On Dec 05, 2007
quote from pharrod

During the test exercise at the Nnamdi Azikiwe,Akwa , a candidate who applied to read LAW was asked the qualities of a lawyer.The candidate went ahead to answer that a good law,not lawyer,should read the Bible,a good law should wear suits,a good law should go to church everyday,a good law should be merriable.Then another who applied to read LAW in another university and she scored 320 points in JAMB,gave the name of the author of things falls apart as GENERAL SANI ABACHA.Yet another candidate who scored 290 points and applied to read medicine in one of the university said the difference between plants and animal was that man gets married and plants do not get married.I'm in total support of the test,most graduates now doesn't know how to speak good English or to defend their CV,nothing will show you that the person went through the four corners of the university.
What they are doing now is very good,let our younger ones read their books .

And I presume you know how to write and speak good English or did you escape post Jamb?
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by nossycheek(f): 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2007
@dakoru
The cancellation of the post jamb test by our "reps" has proven once again that our leaders are still on seat to satisfy their interest alone. The post jamb test opened the secret of the high and mighty children who wrote the jamb exam in their own houses. Yes I am very sure that the post JAMB test is a well come development in our educational system and I am 100%in support of it. I read the mail written by niceguy   and I want to say that the exam was free and fair, if the time given was cut short how did other student pas the test under such a strict invigilation of which I am a living witness.

hmmm. Did you write yours from your house?

Most of the people here need not condemn others of being less intelligent as some of the grammar are annoying. Imagine some one calling a graduate "graduata" not once but twice and a "prof" writing nonsense all in the name of grammar.

Post Jamb can only earn credits if it is run in a credible manner. Most of them are out to make money. Imagine some Universities collecting as much as 3 computers to admit students that failed their post Jamb. So what do they want to achieve? Who are they deceiving?
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by ifegrl(f): 11:55am On Dec 13, 2007
hey guys,i just want to know the set of students that applied for university of sokoto.if you have any information on thier postume kindly reach me on 08072427340.i stay at abuja my mail is yemskyy4evaluv.thanks yemisi.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by Ugobaba(m): 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2007
I dont think this post jamb of a thing is a good idea. We dont need it, it has been drawing pple back. Why?
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by Ugobaba(m): 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2007
@ifegrl i will help you check it out. I will call u to inform u about it. My number is 08076155758
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by ade4prof: 8:19pm On Dec 15, 2007
I'm Akingboye Omolade an undergraduate student of Lagos State University Ojo Campus,

From Faculty of Education Department of Physics Education

I currently and significant writting a publication article series book on

THEME: The Tools of re-engineering and strengting the educational standardilization in Nigeria

Please I urge for student to send a Topic on

The Implementation of Post Ume Test and circumstancies in Nigeria Universities
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by agbadaola: 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2008
Hi,
Please i need a current update on direct entry of UNIVERSITY OF ADO EKITI.If there is any kindly send the information to me,my mail is talk2teejay@yahoo.com.or ijdtolu59@gmail.com.Than
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by UNIB(m): 11:43pm On Dec 30, 2008
Hi folks, I'm getting confused here, what is this so-called post jamb aptitude test made of (medical course) ??
cool
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by okekejos: 11:14am On Feb 27, 2009
hi
pls is there post ume this pls send me it to my email okekejoshua@yahoo.com
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by rexaus: 6:44pm On Mar 20, 2009
please can some one tell me when they are writting this coming jaMB
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by deleson: 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2009
Two saturdays away-4th of april,2009.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by marktvday: 3:09pm On Mar 29, 2009
pls i want to know why the post ume exams still exist?, it delays admissions.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by pooi(f): 1:06pm On Jun 26, 2009
nigeria is a developing country but lf they can buy at least l million computers or buy the equivalent to the number of student taking jamb exams so that there cant be exam malpratcise they will write the jamb exams on line and the score will be given to them right there on the system after that there site will be close l think the exam malpractice will stop a little bit not just comletely thanks
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by ucomeoga: 11:43am On Jun 27, 2009
Good day, my name is Uche I.S.M. Omeoga, I have a teacher since, 2003, till date. I would want us to define the term cheating. Cheating is an act of lying, deception, fraud, trickery, imposture, or imposition. Cheating characteristically is employed to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own interest, and often at the expense of others (e.g. JAMB Card for checking result is printed on the card N300.00 while the same staff sell this card for N350.00). Cheating implies the breaking of rules (exam malpractice is cheating) JAMB officer cheat too, selling JAMB card that is is printed on the card N4,000.00 at N4,500.00. The term "cheating" is less applicable to the breaking of laws, as illegal activities are referred to by specific legal terminology such as fraud or corruption. Cheating is a primordial economic act: getting more for less, often used when referring to marital infidelity. A person who is guilty of cheating is generally referred to as a cheat, most JAMB officers are cheats. I have my proof. angry
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by Richiez(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2009
for any help on university of abuja 2009 post u.m.e : getting the post u.m.e scratcch card, past questions and updated info concerning the 2009 post u.m.e, call richard on 08134563766 or 08084758063. you can also email richobiagba@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria / Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus / 11 Nigerian Universities Are Substandard – NUC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.