Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,371 members, 7,954,502 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:39 PM

Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities (72870 Views)

List Of 10 Top Toughest Examinations In The World. See If JAMB Made The List. / The Best Way To Pass Examinations In High Institution / Causes Of Mass-Failure In Public Examinations In Nigeria -By Tayo Demola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by oghos2k(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2006
Thanx ty4eva
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by omobolaluv(f): 9:47am On Jul 12, 2006
Well i dont have much to say about this post jamb stuff, But what i will say is, if they want it to be post jamb fine, let it be, or jamb, because i dont think is everybody that can avoid that fees, Like what happen last year because of this post jamb fees, a friend of mine could not continue with her study when she dont have the money,
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by Oracle(m): 1:46pm On Jul 17, 2006
The post Jamb Exam is both a way of curbing the acts of students involvement in malpractice and a money making venture for Universities.
If they really want to do the screening then they should be upright about it. they collect money from students and give them useless questions.
Itz really not encouraging
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by eloghene(f): 1:09am On Jul 23, 2006
[color=Black][/color]Hi,last year,i made 261 in my JAMB examination and i sat for the POST-UME examination in UNIBEN.Before then a friend of mine introduced me to a lecturer who asked me to pay the sum of twenty five thousand naira if i wanted to get into school,i refused and he told me to open my eyes,that in UNIBEN if i dont have the money,then i wasnt ready to get into school.on the day of the examination,i encountered two problems,the first one was that the time was too short and the second one was that the exam was all about money,and i had non and wasnt willing to pay any because i dont believe in malpractices-i am a christian,at the end i failed and the others that paid passed satisfactrily when they didnt do anything on the day of the exam.so for me,i think this POST-UME of a thing is just a medium for making money.so it should be cancelled.i am Eloghene
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by eloghene(f): 1:27pm On Jul 23, 2006
introducing post ume was nog bad move but the government should pick only one examination,if they want to continue with JAMB examination then its fine but the idea of students writing two exams in less than three months is not a good idea at all,because its stress for students.so i would want the ducation board to use only the JAMB examination for admission into any university in nigeria.post ume should be cancelled.Elo from warri .
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by oghos2k(m): 4:21pm On Jul 23, 2006
I don't seem to get you Elo. Was is that you didnt read well or its as a result of u not paying.Well as for me, the post UME was fair enough and you need to see out 1st semester results.most of us made straight A's in the 1st semester.thats to show you the quality of students we've got in the school. Thats What only Post UME can do. and OMOBOlaLUV, there cant be post ume without ume. k?
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by eloghene(f): 9:31pm On Jul 23, 2006
what are yuo saying?cant u see that this post ume is a money making estate,what are you saying or is it because u are in school already that u are talking like that.or dony u know that we are humans,how can we write two exams at almost thesame time,come on lets be realistic its not fair at least one should be cancelled.elo
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by solgel: 6:25am On Aug 09, 2006
when is the next post-ume for delsu taking place. please contact me if you know the time , i will really apreciate it. my e-mail adresss is joseyok@yahoo.com
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by kazyjabani: 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2006
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b][i][/i]
i can't imagine wasting of money to write another exam called POST JAMB, I don't know why, I hereby plead to the ministry of education to make the level of finance to be less or stable. mandator Omojagun
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by jossylala(m): 10:54am On Aug 16, 2006
any one who know when unijos would take their post jamb should email me.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by jantzinae: 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2006
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHEN NNADI AZIKWE UNI. WILL CONDUCT THEIR POST JAMB TEST AND ABU ZARIA ALSO , PLZZZZZZ
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by opeemi1(m): 12:16pm On Aug 21, 2006
@ All Nairalanders,

Please, if in any case you know when the post-ume exams is coming up, kindly post the dates for others to see.

I heard some universities have already done theirs, Good luck U'll. cool
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by jamelia(f): 8:25pm On Aug 26, 2006
hey, ummm ve u found out d date 4 abu post jamb, cos nobody seems 2 hav n idea, n cut-off mark too, hola
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by opeemi1(m): 8:50pm On Aug 26, 2006
Lautech will be doing there post UME on Sep. 9, but payment ends on friday 25th of Aug., but I thiink the date has been extented to Mon 28th of Aug. 2006.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by kumen: 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2006
pls i can only talk of that of absu that is on at that moment pls can someone tell me wats up with post ume in the UNIVERSITY OF ADOEKITI and ANAMBRA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY pls holllla me on 08034684462 or 08054033849 pls a recharge card awaits u oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by kumen: 5:16pm On Aug 29, 2006
pls i can only talk of that  of absu that is on at the[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]  moment pls can someone tell me wats up with post ume in the UNIVERSITY OF ADOEKITI and ANAMBRA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY pls holllla me on 08034684462 or 08054033849 pls a recharge card awaits u oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by Terry1(m): 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2006
Please if anyone has any idea on when university of ilorin will be writing there post ume please let me know my emails are 1life2live@enownow.com, tumeunter@yahoo.com
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by subzero: 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2006
why does jamb choose schools for candidate with out the concent of their choice? i chose esutech as first choice but my second chioce which is university of nnsuka was given to me as first and i dont like that please change it back thank you
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by bullet24: 2:05am On Sep 10, 2006
well,its boreing here,imagine local esut is collecting 5000 naira for just post ume form, i wonder
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by Akinbule: 10:45am On Sep 11, 2006
[/color][color=#006600]
The birth of post jamb screening is a good omen to reviving the good image and glory of Nigerian Universities and students respectively.It is a dawn on the aiders anmd abetters of examination malpratice,foul admission to unscrupulous candidates who discharged in the graduation only to put the name of our Universities in murky form and shame.
However, i would prefer orall test other than written form of post screening,because i think this wilkl portray the authentis figure of who ever scale through in the process.I said it once and i am repeating this that let post jamb remains a "Tattoo" while all neccessary facilities are put in place to check this menace"malpractice"on the desk of school authorities.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by bayedero(m): 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2006
Post Jamb is the best thing ever to take place in Nigeria Higher Institute in recent time . please let us get the meaning of this so called post jamb. this is not a test nor an exam (what most institutes did in their post jamb for 2005/2006 session was a error that has been corrented by jamb and all universities). Post jamb is just a screening execrise that every student must go through before gaining an admission into univeristy . in nursary, primary, secondary, poly and uni, even in non educational institute like talior, captanter and even bus driver, you must be about to prove that you are fit for want you are about to put yourself into. EVERY NIGERIAN THAT JUST FINISHED SECONDARY SCHOOL WILL WANT TO GAIN ADMISSION INTO HIGHER INSTITUTE BUT ARE THEY REALLY PREPARE FOR IT?. This is the main reason while there is high rate cultism and 3rd class graduates in the country for all they care is to just be in school like their friends. Any institute is not for all, only qualified candidate should be admitted.Jamb can't check this for this is an exam body that distribute it questions paper to anybody who pay for it regardless of who you are.IF ONE PASS his or her JAMB AND GCE AVERAGELY, THERE WILL BE NO REASON WHY HE OR SHE SHOULD NOT DESTROY POST JAMB.
angry lipsrsealed

Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by bayedero(m): 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2006
I have all Information about how Unilorin Post jamb for 2006/2007 will be held this year. please call me on 08068053354.or email me at bayedero@yahoo.com.my name is Bayo.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by abbey02(f): 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2006
jamb only
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by olayem(f): 11:07am On Nov 01, 2006
This is an issue that involve everyone in d country, especially those that have children that
are still schooling. I participated in oau post jamb test, it was simple but tough. i passed it anyway but the issue of post jamb should be looked in to thoroughly, though it is encouraging because there will not be any form of malpractises as in jamb, then result withheld or any sort will be minimised and as a result, the education sector will be reformed. I just want to say maybe there should be a body set up by the federal government that will act as a dog watch for this post jamb exam so as to prevent any form of corrupt practise. But I ll say post jamb should stay because through this, many people that were denied admission before because many people were involved in the admission process will surely be exposed in this test, thereby permitting those that know what they are doing to gain access to higher institution. kiss[b]
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by kissykessy(f): 5:14pm On Nov 02, 2006
pls does anyone know about results of uniben postjamb and wen it is coming out.pls snd it to my email addy kissykessy2004@yahoo.com.thanks
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by Ay(m): 1:02pm On Nov 03, 2006
hello everyone i want the web site of ado-ekiti polytechnic pls that is what i want.pls contact me at emmanuelone1@yahoo.com thank u
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by uniquelove(f): 2:04pm On Nov 08, 2006
A friend of mine scored 271 in jamb and 33/60 which is 55% for futa post ume screening after buying a scratch card of 500 naira to check her admission status on their website www.futakure.net she has not been admitted, is she sure of admission? what are they up to? what is their excuse?
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by worldz(m): 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2006
@ Olayem!

Please i will like to know from you whether OAU will be admitting students or setting cut-off marks based on your perfomance on the Post-Jamb only just like UNIBEN? or are they going to set additional cut-off mark on JAMB Scores?

Please i really need your help on this urgently, as i want to apply for the forthcoming JAMB and i am still considering the school to choose, as i don't want what happened in Unilag last year to repeat itself. As cut-off marks were set with both Jamb and Post-jamb scores.

I will really appreciate your reply on this and likewise those that have taken the Post-Jamb test at OAU.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by jomofuta: 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2007
The issue we have at hand goes beyond JAMB being established under a decree to conduct UME exams, while the universities have no legal backing for conducting post-UME examinations. It also goes beyond the failure of the universities to admitting students who passed the post-UME exams. We are faced with issues of integrity of these examinations (JAMB and post-UME) and the inability of the Nigerian universities to admit all qualified students each year due to inadequate facilities and personnel.

If 400,000 students passed JAMB UME exam and the universities combined admission capability is 250,000 I consider it logical to device a means of effectively selecting the 250,000 - post-UME test could be one of such. There could be other possible methods. These would not be considered as JAMB's problem nor be construed as a money-making venture on the part of the universities; and has nothing to do with the integrity of the examinations. This is a different issue that must be addressed so that more facilities and personnel are available to cater for the increasing number of potential students in our institutions.

So, all authorities concerned should find a better solution to ensuring the INTEGRITY of JAMB exams. If there must be a post-UME examination of any sort, the same level of integrity should be employed. This would help build and sustain a trustworthy and internationally accepted education and certification system.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by kobe(m): 5:15am On Jan 08, 2007
The POST-UME entry examination is dual sided.  Arguments can be made for and against the screening process.  Many might argue that the process is a barbaric attempt to expunge money from students, but others can counter that notion by proclaiming that the afforementioned exam is an attempt to regulate a quote on quote "corrupted" UME exam.  I lean more towards the latter.  The exam gives institutions the power to monitor and control their test scores and admissions.  An acquaintance of mine who scored 285 when the UME results were released, took the POST-JAMB examination at LASU, and ended up garnering 18 'o' level points.  Her transcripts revealed an array of C5s and C6s.
The exam gives students hopes to re-assert/redeem themselves, it also provides proof on whether or not the student is indeed deserving and qualified for a spot in his/her university of choice.   

The corruption aspect of this hot-topic is a twisted affair that will make for an interesting discussion.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by tokuns(m): 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2007
We all have different views and here is mine. if the nig uni would not admit students based on jamb scores, fine, then let jamb itself be cancelled and each uni should then set up their own exams thereby they can monitor their population and use the money from it to develop the uni instead of jamb making millions without any utilisation. In brief writing jamb when it doesnot counts is a waste
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by dharmie(f): 12:05am On Jan 11, 2007
when passing bills it is quite unfortunate that our leaders do not put the common man into consideration.Even laws that affect the youth-THE FUTURE.

My brother sat for uni Abuja post ume exam Nov 2006 for computer sciences passed the cutoff mark has all the requirement but has been told to pay 40000 to get his name in a proposed 2nd list that MAY be out soon

I applied for admission after the completion of my diploma in law program in olabisi onabanjo university through DE and was mandated to sit for the post ume exam i paid 3000 to buy the scratch card used for registration excluding commission paid to the bank.
now the result is out scored 23 for a cutoff of 26. cant change my course because the only options open are under education IE maths educ etc,
even GP's are not put into consideration.
Now i am been told to find who will runs my admission or forfeit a year.
it is easy to comment on issues but if only the spot light can be shone on the ordinary citizens-those whose lives are constantly been indirectly manipulated by our rulers decisions.
the life of an ordinary Nigeria youth is a constant battle.you fight to live, empower your self get a job etc.painful to note that once a challenge is conquered another is been set

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Finally Received My 10,000 Grant From Federal Government / List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria / Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.