Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar (39971 Views)

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar / Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by geebehn(m): 12:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
SaiBuharii:
Jonathan's regime has finished us.
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Afritop(m): 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
Do we still have a CBN governor in this country

2 Likes

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Harmony222(m): 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
hahahaha i need to change my dollars now oo..

smiling to westi...
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by deloon(m): 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
michaelbiz:
And some people are too blind to see GEJ HAS NOTHING MORE TO OFFER than to plunge this nation's economy into another round of debts!!!! This is the height of incompetence angry
GEJ has nothing to do with the fall of naira.
Russian Rubles is also falling drastically.
This is because both countries depend almost solely on oil sales.
Also a dollar is 192naira. I don't know where the OP got that rate from.

3 Likes

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by LOUIS6(m): 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
tyconcepts:
Importation getting critical by the devalued naira....

#Impoters which way??
Madam TY....... God Dey o!

I hope it goes down in a few months time.....

The way d exchange rate of dollars to naira keep moving in a Geometric Progression... It's alarming...

Lemme stop here...
I don't want to be sounding so political
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by fuckerholic(m): 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
EroticAngelina:
its high time i bought lots of dollars and keep, so that i can change it when it gets higher!
what if it depreciates nko ?
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Emekamex(m): 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2015
I think the CBN should allow the naira to find its true value. They should stop defending it with our foreign reserve because I don't see the price of oil going up any time soon.

2 Likes

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by berryworld: 12:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
For goodneess sake president goodluck shuld step down,his regime has brought so much bad luck 2 nigeria.some stupid nigerians r still saying he shuld lead us for anoda 4yrs again.God forbid.oga jonathan step down oo if u can't rule dis country.bad president with his clueless followers.

1 Like

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by geebehn(m): 12:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Yes....the benefits of an oil dependent society....a valueless currency!

Modified at 10.48 am

I keep on saying this...Nigeria has to forget about oil...and go into manufacturing. We may not see the beenfits now...but we will see it in the future. If we had continued on the path of manufacturing....we could have had a higher GDP...and more revenues...and a stronger currency.

But the problem with Nigerians is that they prefer stomach infrastructure things. So, govt has to find quick money to share...and yes...oil money is the answer.

But it has been used to hide the fact that we are a poor country. We do not have enough resources. And countries that do not have lots of resources do either of two things...invest in industrial and technical development(like China, Korea, Finland, Germany, etc)...or forever remain aid dependent.

It may sound like I am building castles in the sky when I say Nigeria can become industrialsed....but the fact is we have high unemployment...and we have a growing population....and the resources are few. Industrial development will provide jobs for many....and resources for welfare projects.
#SEE WORD
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by michaelbiz: 12:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
BokoHaramm:
OMG not again, what is wrong with your brain again, hope you did basic econmics in school, the election has made the demand for dollars to rise astronomically, I pray you go back to school and start again.

And you are so intelligent for identifying your username with that of a terrorist group Mumu Grade 1 cry I weep for you

1 Like

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Zillight: 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2015
tdayof:
197 from my own transaction

And U said online transaction be4 now.... Apparently U have been cooking figures. U can make it 250 or 670 on your own transaction, nobody cares....
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by geebehn(m): 12:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
I was charged #195.17/$ yesterday
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by killuminati(m): 12:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
Na who we suppose blame?
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by tdayof(m): 12:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
Zillight:

And U said online transaction be4 now.... Apparently U have been cooking figures. U can make it 250 or 670 on your own transaction, nobody cares....
aishhh paid Money for something online and I was charged 197 naira per dollar
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by tyconcepts(f): 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2015
LOUIS6:
Madam TY....... God Dey o!

I hope it goes down in a few months time.....

The way d exchange rate of dollars to naira keep moving in a Geometric Progression... It's alarming...

Lemme stop here...
I don't want to be sounding so political

Alarming is an understatement..... Let's see what feBuhari February 2015 brings.

1 Like

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Zillight: 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2015
tdayof:
aishhh paid Money for something online and I was charged 197 naira per dollar

Its okay....let's not make a scene on this.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
Oh My God!! So, na to call my dad, he has to increase my allowance now. The money he sends before wey person dey manage go con turn nothing now?

Nigeria why una dey make life uncomfortable for citizens sef? cry
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by michaelbiz: 12:33pm On Jan 24, 2015
deloon:

GEJ has nothing to do with the fall of naira.
Russian Rubles is also falling drastically.
This is because both countries depend almost solely on oil sales.
Also a dollar is 192naira. I don't know where the OP got that rate from.

My friend go and sit down! Where were you in 2007 when I was trading forex, binary options and crude oil on NYMEX for multinationals You think Russia is not affected by OPEC problems? The effect will be more than catastrophic if Nigeria continues to remain corrupt and you're here telling me what you read in an Economics textbook. Go and Read PUNCH It's boldly written $1 to N208
Biko guy, hapum aka Mecheonu there and face ya lane. Children of nowadays sef.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by carik(m): 12:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
Mcowubaba:
nothing much, dats part of the forex trading u hear about..eh be like say d gurl na Igbo girlie o.. cheesy

Ya right!
She looks Ndigboish
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Sike(m): 12:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
GEJ must Go!
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by wolexino(m): 12:36pm On Jan 24, 2015
wallex1983:
Ki la ti ma saye yii si o, ko ye mi..........

aye to to aye to to aye ma le......
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by berryworld: 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2015
Oga jonathan and d CBN governor r both clueless,dey don't knw wat dey r doin.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Originalsly: 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
EroticAngelina:
its high time i bought lots of dollars and keep, so that i can change it when it gets higher!
I suggested this before. Convert your savings to a foreign currency...USD..£......or buy assets even if you have to take out a loan. As the naira devalues the loan would be easier to repay.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by kennyamusan(m): 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
tommykiwi:
Is GEJ now the CBN governor? Everything is being caused by Jonathan abi? Have U heard dat GEJ works with the CBN? Please U guys should FREE my humble PRESIDO! Is not everything U must mention his name OK!
and ur humble presido forgot he is the commander in chief. Sorry,its not GEJ dat gave us greek gift of 87 naira per litre,it was Deziel abi ? Mumu ,Ode,First class baboon,always think before u talk I.e if u have brain @ all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
Cluelessness is deadlier than aids & ebola combined! FeBUHARI 2015 is d cure!
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Juzzybabe(f): 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2015
hummm...this our economy ehn...having lots of 2006 notes here just don't like the way abokis look at my money n rates it each time I wanna change. cry
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Movesz(m): 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
ggrin:
shocked

can yu chng yu'r signature note¿

Th't info shuld be paid fur.

Nigerians d'nt value free info..

:p :p :p
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by mayorall(m): 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2015
Sibrah:
Really bad indeed! how do i importers absorb a 20+% increase in landing cost without sending a bad message to customers?

You sell what you buy sir.

1 Like

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Onyeoma3: 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
[b] It's so unfortunate most of us in here has been beclouded with either GEJ or GMB issues, hence does little or nothing to search for the underlying factors in issues like this especially from the angle of global economics... This is a more of a global issue my people.

Even Canada, USA's closest brother and neighbor has been suffering serious decline against the USD. As at today, 1CAD = 0.8065USD from 1CAD = 0.83 earlier this week (If you check the graph, its Canada's lowest fall for years and it might get worse in the coming week), but will surely recover with time. I believe so is the case with NGA and most other countries that are into oil export irrespective of the economy as a whole. Though tis unfortunate that in Naija, if the price of any commodity good up, it's very difficult to come down as it used to be.

A forum like this should focus on strong analysis majorly on international politics, so we could all learn. I've read over 5 pages, yet very few posts were relevant to the topic, while more than 95% completely detailed.

QUESTION FOR ALL: how many of us here remember Naija in his /her daily prayers for a peaceful, free and fair, and a violent free election? I guess a handful. All we do is to come to NL daily, either GMB 2015 or GEJ till 2019. We sincerely need to pray for our beloved country especially at this point in time.

ADVICE: Let's all try to imbibe this act, for God/Allah to grant that with respect to this coming election.

May God bless us all.

Nice weekend peeps[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by tommykiwi(m): 12:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
kennyamusan:
and ur humble presido forgot he is the commander in chief. Sorry,its not GEJ dat gave us greek gift of 87 naira per litre,it was Deziel abi ? Mumu ,Ode,First class baboon,always think before u talk I.e if u have brain @ all
U be BIG MUGU!
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by ggrin(f): 12:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
Movesz:

can yu chng yu'r signature note¿

Th't info shuld be paid fur.

Nigerians d'nt value free info..

:p :p :p
help me change amundecided
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by ogbonoeba: 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2015
It's
$1 = N191

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dangote, Femi Otedola, Donald Duke, Dele Momodu Hang Out Together / Nafdac Registration And Requirenments(3) / 800 Nigerians Sponsored By Dangote To Study Refinery Operations In India. PICS..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.