Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar (39969 Views)

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar / Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Tashaamania(f): 11:33am On Jan 24, 2015
My alibabaexpress online shopping would be on pause for now cry cry

1 Like

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Rexnegro(m): 11:34am On Jan 24, 2015
EroticAngelina:
its high time i bought lots of dollars and keep, so that i can change it when it gets higher!
My dear u might run at a lost...cos dollar against naira will soon come down.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Acekidc4(m): 11:34am On Jan 24, 2015
smsshola:
This is a big achievement what we call transformation agenda ...GEJ is working till 2019.

It clearly shows u don't undastand d OP message dere!! Our Naira is Spoiling n u re here saying Big Achievement!! Are u Sick or Wat!!! PHEW!!!

2 Likes

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by babs50g: 11:35am On Jan 24, 2015
@eroticangelina TRANSACTION MOTIVE , SPECULATIVE MOTIVE AND PRECAUTIONARY MOTIVE COMES in when u think u can hoard dollars to now and trade after when wind falls
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 24, 2015
This is not the official exchange rate... Its the black market price... Please put the news straight...

2 Likes

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Mcowubaba: 11:38am On Jan 24, 2015
carik:

Hahahaha
That's brainy!
nothing much, dats part of the forex trading u hear about..eh be like say d gurl na Igbo girlie o.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Zillight: 11:39am On Jan 24, 2015
Rendition:
yeh u are corrrect buh in black market its 200+

That's another lie to support the 1st lie..... Even the black market can never be as much as that....for why now?

1 Like

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Newcrescent(m): 11:40am On Jan 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Yes....the benefits of an oil dependent society....a valueless currency!

Modified at 10.48 am

I keep on saying this...Nigeria has to forget about oil...and go into manufacturing. We may not see the beenfits now...but we will see it in the future. If we had continued on the path of manufacturing....we could have had a higher GDP...and more revenues...and a stronger currency.

But the problem with Nigerians is that they prefer stomach infrastructure things. So, govt has to find quick money to share...and yes...oil money is the answer.

But it has been used to hide the fact that we are a poor country. We do not have enough resources. And countries that do not have lots of resources do either of two things...invest in industrial and technical development(like China, Korea, Finland, Germany, etc)...or forever remain aid dependent.

It may sound like I am building castles in the sky when I say Nigeria can become industrialsed....but the fact is we have high unemployment...and we have a growing population....and the resources are few. Industrial development will provide jobs for many....and resources for welfare projects.

We are being blinded with "giant of Africa" syndrome. It's like the dutch disease. What we need is real growth that has direct impact in alleviating the sufferings of the populace and not the microscopic few.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by otokx(m): 11:45am On Jan 24, 2015
The Apostle prophesied so.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Zillight: 11:45am On Jan 24, 2015
lovespyc007:
dat ws wat d CBN posted

Lolsss....so CBN now has started running the affairs of Google abi. Lolss.
Its an International trade remember? It can't be lied about and it can't be framed.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 24, 2015
Chaii millions just pass you by cry

Well I'm always here in case you change your mind cheesy
Lovexme:

Thanks, but I'll pass tongue
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by tdayof(m): 11:45am On Jan 24, 2015
First bank dollar still at 197 and not 208 angry
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Zillight: 11:47am On Jan 24, 2015
tdayof:
First bank dollar still at 197 and not 208 angry

197.... Where U dey always see this figures sef.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by ollyruffy: 11:48am On Jan 24, 2015
WOW! This country is finished. Fast forward to Feb 14th. We cant wait to end this regime.

#GEJMUSTGO2015#.

3 Likes

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by tommykiwi(m): 11:50am On Jan 24, 2015
bjt:
Who Selected the CBN Governor?

Why r U guys always complaining,I believed when he sacked Lamido Sanusi U r among those dat called for his head! If the current CBN governor is not doing is job right why not call is name,why calling GEj's name?
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by tdayof(m): 11:50am On Jan 24, 2015
Zillight:

197.... Where U dey always see this figures sef.
online transaction
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by netmillionaires(m): 11:51am On Jan 24, 2015
To me this only mean no more withdrawing of my internet business income. Money dat I could have withdrawn @ #165/$1 now I can withdraw it at #208/$1 or should I wait till it reach #140... #43 additional income x 20,000 = #860,000 more money. Thank Goodness.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by AnanseK(m): 11:51am On Jan 24, 2015
FRESH AIR grin

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Zillight: 11:53am On Jan 24, 2015
tdayof:
online transaction

link....? ? ?
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by tyconcepts(f): 11:54am On Jan 24, 2015
Importation getting critical by the devalued naira....

#Impoters which way??
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by toyoutoyou: 11:55am On Jan 24, 2015
These are sons and daughters of failure.All they want is total failed nation.
michaelbiz:
And some people are too blind to see GEJ HAS NOTHING MORE TO OFFER than to plunge this nation's economy into another round of debts!!!! This is the height of incompetence angry
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by tdayof(m): 11:57am On Jan 24, 2015
Zillight:

link....? ? ?
nigerian foreign exchange website says 191.3
http://ngn.fxexchangerate.com/
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Larow(m): 11:58am On Jan 24, 2015
Where is the Biafran currency?
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by tdayof(m): 11:59am On Jan 24, 2015
Larow:
Where is the Biafran currency?
smh
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 24, 2015
EroticAngelina:
its high time i bought lots of dollars and keep, so that i can change it when it gets higher!
you are almost late to the game cos there is a high chance of reversal soon
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by FOREXMARTS: 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
EroticAngelina:
Ur too late. Things will stabilize in six months before Easter. Check history.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Zillight: 12:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
tdayof:
nigerian foreign exchange website says 191.3
http://ngn.fxexchangerate.com/

Thought U said 197 ?.?.?....now U've changed
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by LOUIS6(m): 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2015
Olukokosir:
lobatan ... tank God I v my own currency wey I dey spend
What's the name of the currency you're spending ...
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by ewizard1: 12:11pm On Jan 24, 2015
Gbese!!!
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by tdayof(m): 12:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
Zillight:

Thought U said 197 ?.?.?....now U've changed
197 from my own transaction
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by faithin9ja: 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Yes....the benefits of an oil dependent society....a valueless currency!

Modified at 10.48 am

I keep on saying this...Nigeria has to forget about oil...and go into manufacturing. We may not see the beenfits now...but we will see it in the future. If we had continued on the path of manufacturing....we could have had a higher GDP...and more revenues...and a stronger currency.

But the problem with Nigerians is that they prefer stomach infrastructure things. So, govt has to find quick money to share...and yes...oil money is the answer.

But it has been used to hide the fact that we are a poor country. We do not have enough resources. And countries that do not have lots of resources do either of two things...invest in industrial and technical development(like China, Korea, Finland, Germany, etc)...or forever remain aid dependent.

It may sound like I am building castles in the sky when I say Nigeria can become industrialsed....but the fact is we have high unemployment...and we have a growing population....and the resources are few. Industrial development will provide jobs for many....and resources for welfare projects.

And what have you manufactured?
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by falseman(m): 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
Good for hustlers let it go higher

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When The Coffin Seller Says 'There Is No Market', What Does He Probably Mean? / Dangote, Femi Otedola, Donald Duke, Dele Momodu Hang Out Together / Nafdac Registration And Requirenments(3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.