Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar (39950 Views)

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar / Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by jayyjayy1(m): 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2015
Blaqsmith:
GEJ IS WORKING

VALUE OF NAIRA IS DROPPING

BOKO HARAM IS BOMBING

NIGERIANS ARE CRYING

na confirm rhymes be dis
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by chigoizie7(m): 2:36pm On Jan 24, 2015
Certainly there is a big difference between "MONEY" and "CURRENCY". The so called money of today has no "VALUE", aint "DURABLE" , the only thing GOOD is that it is still relatively scarce. What we use now is currency,shaking ma head for the future generations. Govt policy. Is a real bitch.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by peromosele: 2:40pm On Jan 24, 2015
The CBN governor should give mandate to commercial bank to give dollar to customers that are receiving money gram and westain union. This will bring down the rate with some little percentage.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by chigoizie7(m): 2:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
carik:

Hahahaha
That's brainy!

Its better u invest in real estates than buying dollar to hurd. What happened in the era of stocks and shares will repeat itself real soon, become ur own CBN, invest in real estate today so that once the currency increases u will increase ur rent and vice versa.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by hizaya61(m): 2:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by obiscolly(m): 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2015
I don't understand why some people are just so dumb? How does this have anything to do with GEJ? The N208 is the black market price of a dollar and not what you get at Bureau de change. Why it's that high is because of the scarcity of the dollar. Dollar to naira exchange rate still stands at N190.75 last I checked. Probably the CBN intentionally caused the scarcity to bring back the price of dollar to around 160.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 24, 2015
egopersonified:
Is it advisable to change my naira and save it in a dollar account?

too high now.

Wait for a reversal to 185 before you buy. Else, you would lose big.

Buying at current prices to keep is not a sound decision. Tie it instead in something instead.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by piagetskinner(m): 2:52pm On Jan 24, 2015
It is no longer 'there was' a country, it is now "there wERE" a countryundecided we are nose-diving @ the speed of sound

1 Like

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by UuzbaGuuzba: 2:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
It will surely get to N500 to $1.
As we continue to import goods rather than manufacture to export.

2 Likes

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by sniperwolf(m): 2:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
Exchange rate as at 24-January-2015

1 USD = 191.560 NGN
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
PerfumeRepublik:
The Rich are taking their families out of Nigeria..
Only the dogs and baboons are left .
Capital flight ISH
Like you grin
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by tunz7z(m): 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
Time to withdraw from 365 cheesy
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 24, 2015
obiscolly:
I don't understand why some people are just so dumb? How does this have anything to do with GEJ? The N208 is the black market price of a dollar and not what you get at Bureau de change. Why it's that high is because of the scarcity of the dollar. Dollar to naira exchange rate still stands at N190.75 last I checked. Probably the CBN intentionally caused the scarcity to bring back the price of dollar to around 160.
ar u sure?
More enlinghtment pls....

B4 heart attack go catch me here now
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Rendition(m): 3:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
Zillight:

That's another lie to support the 1st lie..... Even the black market can never be as much as that....for why now?
bross u no dey listen too news, just lastnit on channels news na him dem talk am ooo
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by imsuboi(m): 3:46pm On Jan 24, 2015
undecided

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Movesz(m): 4:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
ggrin:
help me change amundecided

skipersonality:
babe no be fight na

babe, you dey spoil shows for guys o..
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by abbey621(m): 4:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
obiscolly:

Clap for yourself, you've just written rubbish! $190 or $208, the fact remains that the Naira is getting useless by the day, this directly reflects on the impact of government fiscal policies and economic control. Who is to blame, if not GEJ and his government? Should we blame the helpless masses or blame western influences? Your school age theory of trying to bring the naira back to $160 is a joke and I wouldn't expose you too much cos it's clear you are not aware of what drives the currency of each country.

2 Likes

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by mavister(m): 5:45pm On Jan 24, 2015
michaelbiz:

[b]My friend go and sit down! Where were you in 2007 when I was trading forex, binary options and crude oil on NYMEX for multinationals[
telling us about ur past achievements with respect to the issue on ground is as useless as the ueue in queue.. Grow up

2 Likes

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by deloon(m): 5:51pm On Jan 24, 2015
michaelbiz:

Compare my comments with yours.
I hit more than 70 likes on this topic alone...and still counting.
Yours? Nothing!

FYI, An administration is in Aso Rock for a reason...which is...to foresee and forecast on sustainability measures for a stable exchange rate or else all our personal savings in the Nigerian banks will become coins in the foreign market.

People on Nairaland aren't as foolish as to listen to a looney deloon
lipsrsealed

*case closed*

Lmao! Congratulations on your acquisition of likes. I'm sure its a great boost on your ego. How pathetic... especially for someone who thought it right to call me a child.

Unlike you, I'm not an attention slut and I don't care about your likes which were obviously gotten from GEJ haters who are so ignorant as to blame one man for every misfortune in the country and the incompetency of other government heads.

Plus you'd be boldening your sentences and putting smileys and shii to draw the empathies of your fellows, Grow up son!
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by smsshola(m): 5:52pm On Jan 24, 2015
crackhouse:
Na wa o, are u following at all? I think u need special tutorial.
Bros u suppose kno say na d irony I mean..am I dt clueless to think its transformation?
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by obiscolly(m): 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2015
abbey621:

Clap for yourself, you've just written rubbish! $190 or $208, the fact remains that the Naira is getting useless by the day, this directly reflects on the impact of government fiscal policies and economic control. Who is to blame, if not GEJ and his government? Should we blame the helpless masses or blame western influences? Your school age theory of trying to bring the naira back to $160 is a joke and I wouldn't expose you too much cos it's clear you are not aware of what drives the currency of each country.
No need wasting words on you. It's clear u're one of those APshits. I'm sure you're aware of what's going on in Russia currently in terms of currency devaluation. You should blame it on Putin and his government too.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Timzyy(m): 6:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
This culd be as a result of those heavy money campaign... Too much naira in circulation!!!
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by abbey621(m): 6:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
obiscolly:

No need wasting words on you. It's clear u're one of those APshits. I'm sure you're aware of what's going on in Russia currently in terms of currency devaluation. You should blame it on Putin and his government too.

See stop exposing yourself. What Russia is dealing with is mostly Putin's fault. The currency is being manipulated based on the economic sanctions imposed on him for his arrogance, Russia relies on natural gas export for most of it's revenue and when that collapsed due to sanctions the economy began to suffer. Dude you are learned fellow, stop typing and do your reasearch, every country's currency is directly tied to the economic policies of its government, Naira is weaker because of poor economic policies of the current administration, take it or leave it!

1 Like

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 24, 2015
Apere (basket) economy.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by FarmTech(m): 6:31pm On Jan 24, 2015
smsshola:
This is a big achievement what we call transformation agenda ...GEJ is working till 2019.
Mind you all mockers, that some people once that they'll make the country ungovernable for GEJ. They seem to be pulling weight but they won't win in Jesus name.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Shock(m): 6:51pm On Jan 24, 2015
"Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked" - Warren Buffet

Winter is coming people, brace yourselves.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Shock(m): 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2015
FOREXMARTS:

Ur too late. Things will stabilize in six months before Easter. Check history.

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and go short on the dollar right now? LOL!!!

I promise you will get smoked by summer!
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Izik4u: 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2015
Idris talk say:

Nigeria jaga jaga
Everything scatter scatter
Poor man de suffer suffer
Gbosa gbosa, gun shot in d air.

Just passing
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by egopersonified(f): 7:43pm On Jan 24, 2015
satope1:

too high now.

Wait for a reversal to 185 before you buy. Else, you would lose big.

Buying at current prices to keep is not a sound decision. Tie it instead in something instead.

Thanks.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by nairabacks(f): 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2015
dklex:

the question is where are we going to get the power from? I have a laundry business that has been depending on generator for the past 1 year, we been running @ high cost. this is the problem when we have someone that is clueless @ the top. God save us.

Don't mind him.
He thinks inflation is a knee jerk response that happens in a second. In 6 months time we will all know what level we're all at.
Nigeria is in for it, there are no infrastructure on ground to mitigate this.
To say its bad for importers alone is just plain ignorant.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by MarieSucre(f): 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
hehehehe in Obasanjo's voice *i just dey laugh*. pls let me prepare myself fo either Netherland, Iceland or Sweden. I always wanted to learn how to ride a bicycle.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by obiscolly(m): 9:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
abbey621:

See stop exposing yourself. What Russia is dealing with is mostly Putin's fault. The currency is being manipulated based on the economic sanctions imposed on him for his arrogance, Russia relies on natural gas export for most of it's revenue and when that collapsed due to sanctions the economy began to suffer. Dude you are learned fellow, stop typing and do your reasearch, every country's currency is directly tied to the economic policies of its government, Naira is weaker because of poor economic policies of the current administration, take it or leave it!
How's that any different from what Nigeria's facing? I'm not an economist but from common sense if you claim russia's economy began declining due to falling export of natural gas, one can safely deduce what's happening is no surprise since the US stopped buying our crude cos of their shale. This has nothing to do with government policy in this case, in my opinion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means / CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust / Nafdac Registration And Requirenments(3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.