Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

What Will You Do If You Were In This Position - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Will You Do If You Were In This Position (2483 Views)

Car Parking Position. Neutral Or On Gear? / 2004 Ford Focus Throttle Position Sensor(TPS) Malfunction. / What Will You Do In This Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do If You Were In This Position by nurey(m): 10:56am On Jan 27, 2015
chucky234:
Make dem sha nor shift enter grave, who compete for speed in this end time, especially on crowded Lagos roads.

Depresses clutch
moves gear lever to N
floors the gas pedal
Tachometer reaches 6000rpm
Depresses clutch
Switch gear lever to 3
And car... You know the rest

grin
Re: What Will You Do If You Were In This Position by chucky234(m): 1:30pm On Jan 27, 2015
nurey:

Depresses clutch
moves gear lever to N
floors the gas pedal
Tachometer reaches 6000rpm
Depresses clutch
Switch gear lever to 3
And car... You know the rest

grin

Keep depressing clutch and gear levers, you are on your own ooo.
Re: What Will You Do If You Were In This Position by Raymie(m): 3:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
I'm jejely on my own and another motorist wants to mix my reggae with his blues. Either he sekems past me or he can't keep up with my azonto. Worst, we manage ourselves like that until something forces either to give. Beht 1km I wee neither add nor subtract from my speed.
Re: What Will You Do If You Were In This Position by Export1: 4:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
nurey:
So you were cruising at a steady speed on a free and stretched highway and another driver comes to your side and both of you driving at the same pace, what would you do?

I normally increase my speed but at 120km/h, I stop speeding and let the other car go.

Seems like it's the best decision to avoid some kind of... ehm... misunderstanding.
Re: What Will You Do If You Were In This Position by zinaLPF: 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Since I was the one cruising at a steady speed and the driver was able to meet up with me, he will eventually pass and ill still be at my steady cruising speed. wink

Exactly! If the other car is not driving dangerously, or holding a gun pointed at your car, why does it matter to you? 120 km/h (75m/h) is not alarmingly high speed. I think you would be best served focusing on your own driving and vehicle control. Save the impulse to drag race for a place and time where you can only be a danger to yourselves, not innocents.
Re: What Will You Do If You Were In This Position by BTT(m): 9:22am On Jan 30, 2015
En route Ilorin yesterday, on the Ibadan-Oyo expressway, I was 'jejely' doing my regular when this small righty Nissan Micra filled my mirror. Say wetin? I just allowed him. I was a little above 140.

Considering that I intended to do a round trip and the journey was getting boring since I left the Lagos-Ibadan expressway, this was the raise I sought. I allowed him disappear the slope, it's orange uk plate dulling against the gathering ray.

My humble 2.0 understood the challenge and took the torch to the transmission. Eating up the hill at 140 with rpm threatening 4000, as the topography eased into a windy slope, the transmission eased to its last and surged the hideous car into the ferrying wind.

As a rule for the health of my loyal old dog, I don't like pushing her beyond 170.

Oh! The Micra? It must have been in reverse mode.

My return trip was more fun but I'm too lazy to type.

#myInfinitirocks

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Reliable Is Kia Rio? / My Car Oil Shorten Every Minutes / Toyota Camry 2014 XLE Or Mercedes C-300 2011 Or 20124matic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.