Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,952 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:47 PM

[must Read] Why You Should Not Be In A Relationship In Your Early Twenties - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / [must Read] Why You Should Not Be In A Relationship In Your Early Twenties (606 Views)

10 Reasons Why Serious Guys Should Not Date Girls In Their Early Twenties. / 10 Reasons Why Serious Minded Guys Look Away From Ladies In Their Early Twenties / Etisalat Sales Girl Has Put My Relationship in Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[must Read] Why You Should Not Be In A Relationship In Your Early Twenties by alpinedna: 11:06am On Jan 24, 2015
WHY YOU SHOULD NOT BE IN A RELATIONSHIP IN YOUR EARLY TWENTIES; THE ADVANTAGES OF A DISTANT RELATIONSHIP

The first month of the year is almost over; you should ask yourself some very pertinent questions like; for the first few days of 2015, what have you achieved? What do you intend to achieve for the remaining part of the year? Someone once said an African makes future plans of only a year while a white can make plans for more than 10years. I hear a lot of claptrap about new year resolutions, I tell people, the days do not even know there is any difference, the days do not even know they got names, thus, if you keep doing the same thing every day, your life will remain the same, after all it is only a mad man that will keep doing the same thing expecting a different result, especially when your life changes when you change the way you think and “what got you here will not take you any further”.

I know a lot of persons are wondering what the topic bothers about, being in a relationship believe me, is an awesome feeling. It is has advantages and disadvantages just like every other situation in life. Unfortunately, I’m going to disappoint the young lover boys and lover girls with this piece (in a good way though), just bear with me and pick whatever useful lessons you find entrenched in the piece.

To begin with we need to carry out an exercise together, just take some few minutes, think of the essence of having a relationship, why do people go into relationships? Relationship here means a romantic affair between a boy and a girl or a man and a woman (the gays are not recongised under this definition please.) And in this context, I am referring to relationships where the partners reside in the same place. I know you will come up with answers like; love, sex, companionship, material benefits, future arrangements among others. Those are pretty valid reasons, there is nothing wrong if you are in a relationship with her because you like screwing her, it is your life.

Immanuel Kant once said, “we can never have certain knowledge of things in themselves, we can only know how things appear to us”. In other words, man’s perception about the universe is generally influenced by the conditions around him; hence, no one can be absolutely right about anything, because if the conditions are altered or are different, the perception will definitely change. Therefore, I don’t dispute the fact that we view relationships from different perspectives.

For instance, a rich kid might not have any doubts about having a relationship and going 100% with it while a poor kid might have some hindrances, nonetheless, I will propose principles that affect you whether you are a man or a woman, rich or poor.

The early twenties is a critical period in anyone’s life, as a matter of fact if by your early twenties you don’t have a purpose in life, you need deliverance. If you do not have any purpose, you might not key into the message deeply like someone who has. The age is critical because it goes a long way in deciding what the rest of your life will look like. The things you do or do not do matter not only at present but will affect you in the future.

Being in a relationship at this stage is one of those things that can make or mar your life, it can shape or reshape your destiny as a man or a woman if you have dreams and you are yet to achieve those dreams. The reasons are not far-fetched (no need for a very long spoon).

Inability to think: When in a very serious and close relationship as a young man or woman in his or her early twenties and you are lucky to live in the same place with your partner, whether you like it or not, the way you think will be impaired, because half of the time, you are with her, the only things you guys talk about are issues arising from your relationship. Only few partners will discuss issues that will change their lives and promote their living conditions or achieve their life goals. Thus as a woman or man, it hinders you from thinking about other issues outside the relationship.
Financial turmoil: If you are a woman or a man and you are very generous in a relationship, if you do not have concrete financial plans, you would realise every penny you make will be spent on your partner, if you are not making enough, you will always be broke. You can only overcome this if you make more than enough and you are a very prudent spender (I do not mean being stingy).

Continue Reading @ http://www.alpinedna.com/2015/01/24/must-read-why-you-should-not-be-in-a-relationship-in-your-early-twenties/
Re: [must Read] Why You Should Not Be In A Relationship In Your Early Twenties by paulworld(m): 11:10am On Jan 24, 2015
Re: [must Read] Why You Should Not Be In A Relationship In Your Early Twenties by DonX001: 12:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
Absolute bullshitt!!
So they should wait till their late 20s before they start dating and learning the ropes and how relationships work?
And when will they now marry..... in their 40s??
Bullshit again!
Re: [must Read] Why You Should Not Be In A Relationship In Your Early Twenties by DonX001: 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
PS:
The article you posted is just loooong story with very little meaning......i read all of what you posted there and can only pick out 2-3 points.
Needless to say, i didnt bother clicking on the link to read more long talk.

Long doesnt necessarily mean informative or interesting.....better to write shorter, interesting articles with more information than long lines of just fluff.
You may want to learn to write with less verbosity.
Take it as constructive criticism.

(1) (Reply)

Know Your Woman / DANGER! Only The Wise Learn From Others Mistakes. / Freedom To Let Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.