Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

How To Pray For 24hours - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Pray For 24hours (3438 Views)

Christians Allow Muslims To Pray Inside Church After Mosque's Closure / Apostle Suleman To Pray With Donald Trump And Mayor Of Washington. / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Pray For 24hours by mmsen: 11:33pm On Jan 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
I have seen a girl healed from HIV, infacte the pastor that held prayer that night,after the prayer he continue his journey to Lagos, it was later in the day that they called him and let him know what happened. That same night, my best friend who we walk into church together, as the prayer was going on, he speak with multiple voices and cried.

If the op say Christians only, maby there is a reasoned for that. Thank you.

How did they verify that the girl

a) Had HIV

b) Was cured
?
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by malvisguy212: 11:46pm On Jan 24, 2015
mmsen:

How did they verify that the girl

a) Had HIV

b) Was cured
?

before that night, she did a HIV test, she was positive long time ago, after the prayer ,because it was late midnight, the pastor did not take his journey until the next morning after she confirmed the result, negative, the next Sunday she give her testimony.
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by plaetton: 12:17am On Jan 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
I have seen a girl healed from HIV, infacte the pastor that held prayer that night,after the prayer he continue his journey to Lagos, it was later in the day that they called him and let him know what happened. That same night, my best friend who we walk into church together, as the prayer was going on, he speak with multiple voices and cried.

If the op say Christians only, maby there is a reasoned for that. Thank you.

Big but sad laughter. lipsrsealed

Just imagine the crap you wrote. Pastor healed someone of hiv/ aids, at it was later in the day they called him and informed him of what had happened, that his prayer had healed hiv/aids?

So why didn't you volunteer to have unprotected sex with the person as proof?
You guys must me much more insane than I ever thought.

Africans and the crisis of meaning.
CHAI!!
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How To Pray For 24hours by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 25, 2015
plaetton:

Regardless of what prayer is for, how long should it take to communicate one's inner feelings and needs to an omnipresent and omniscient deity?

A prayer beyond a minute is more about doubts and fear than anything else.
For me, this is the best proof that Christians don't really believe in their innermost minds that god is out there, but certainly HOPE that he is.

An extended prayer is a sure sign of frustration and doubt about the entire exercise.

I cannot see a fervent prayer and still believe that the petitioner has faith.
u dey craze wella.. Abi u never get eyes see that the Op said "christians only".. Cos i cant see someone tagging u or quoting u here
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by plaetton: 12:46am On Jan 25, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
u dey craze wella.. Abi u never get eyes see that the Op said "christians only".. Cos i cant see someone tagging u or quoting u here

Shut up.
Did someone ring a bell for nuts today?
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 25, 2015
misreal:
how can I pray for 24hours..I really wish I could....xtians only..
no matter how deep and close u are with God, u can never pray 24 hours to Him without a pause... Rather u can dedicate 24 hours to Him by praying for few hours, worshipping and singing spiritual songs and meditating on His word.. Then u can sleep an rest an wake up again an pray as the Spirit leadss then u can go out an have lunch an interact wit people and be concious that u are still in the presence of God..... Thats how to pray for 24 hours... Doesnt neccessarily mean u have to talk till 24 hours. But i sincerely belief that a 5 minute prayer of faith wholeheartedly could move mountains

1 Like

Re: How To Pray For 24hours by nnamdiosu(m): 2:21am On Jan 25, 2015
misreal:
how can I pray for 24hours..I really wish I could....xtians only..
God bless you bro. now listen no human being can physically pray non stop for 24 hrs except by a very rare and powerful annionting. and this is done for special purposes not by ur power.
however note that u are a spirit living in a flesh. there are sometimes your spirit is praying or singing praises to God without you knowing. haven't you ever woken up from sleep with wither praises or prayer in ur mouth automatically? It has happened to me. however physically you can do what is called breath prayers or salient prayers. this could be done wen ur alone or with people. in the bus. on the road etc. you'll just be praying codely. may God bless you and help u understand more. amen.

1 Like

Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 5:14am On Jan 25, 2015
nnamdiosu:

God bless you bro. now listen no human being can physically pray non stop for 24 hrs except by a very rare and powerful annionting. and this is done for special purposes not by ur power.
however note that u are a spirit living in a flesh. there are sometimes your spirit is praying or singing praises to God without you knowing. haven't you ever woken up from sleep with wither praises or prayer in ur mouth automatically? It has happened to me. however physically you can do what is called breath prayers or salient prayers. this could be done wen ur alone or with people. in the bus. on the road etc. you'll just be praying codely. may God bless you and help u understand more. amen.
hmmmmmmmmm...this is getting really interesting..thanks a lot..God bless you..
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 5:15am On Jan 25, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
no matter how deep and close u are with God, u can never pray 24 hours to Him without a pause... Rather u can dedicate 24 hours to Him by praying for few hours, worshipping and singing spiritual songs and meditating on His word.. Then u can sleep an rest an wake up again an pray as the Spirit leadss then u can go out an have lunch an interact wit people and be concious that u are still in the presence of God..... Thats how to pray for 24 hours... Doesnt neccessarily mean u have to talk till 24 hours. But i sincerely belief that a 5 minute prayer of faith wholeheartedly could move mountains
is praying only about talking..I actually mearnt communing with God..
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 5:20am On Jan 25, 2015
stop replying plaeton.u r making him feel important..I didn't open this thread so that I can argue with him..I just want to too deeper in my personal relationship with God..
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by plaetton: 6:37am On Jan 25, 2015
misreal:
stop replying plaeton.u r making him feel important..I didn't open this thread so that I can argue with him..I just want to too deeper in my personal relationship with God..

And who is arguing with you ?
I am giving my opnions just like everyone else.
People are sayign that you should pray this way or that way, pray 3 days, etc.

My opinion is that your are sufering froma crisis of meaning, and praying to invisible sky daddy for 24 hrs will only exacerbate your crisis of meaning.
Talk and deal with human beings to share your feelings.
That is my opinion. Take it or leave it. Simple.
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 6:41am On Jan 25, 2015
plaetton:

My opinion is that your are sufering froma crisis of meaning, and praying to invisible sky daddy for 24 hrs will only exacerbate your crisis of meaning.
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 6:41am On Jan 25, 2015
plaetton:

k
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by Grace2love: 7:11am On Jan 25, 2015
It is possible to pray for that long hours even more but you need the following:
Consecration of heart
Concentration(find a silent place)
Your motive for the prayer must be right(not for pride or bragging)
Finally, ask Holy spirit for help to be able to pray and pray through.
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by malvisguy212: 8:06am On Jan 25, 2015
plaetton:

Just imagine the crap you wrote. Pastor healed someone of hiv/ aids, at it was later in the day they called him and informed him of what had happened, that his prayer had healed hiv/aids?

CHAI!!
lipsrsealed
honestly,Mr atheist. There is more of the healing on the same girl, but I leave the rest testimony out,after she contact the HIV she repent and start going to church, a brother wanted to marry her but she refused,after too much persistent,she decided to tell the brother the whole story , still yet the guy insists and marry her, before she was completely heal that night, she had 3children and the husband is negative. Believe me, I am telling you the trruth.
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by kevoh(m): 10:38am On Jan 25, 2015
Da fuq? Who wastes 24 productive hours talking to himself? Let alone the other person who did his for 3 days!

OP, plaetton is right. Heed his advice! No world problem has been solved spending 24 or 72 hours of productivity starving and talking to oneself!
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by michaelwestern(m): 11:11am On Jan 25, 2015
plaetton:

CHAI!!
lipsrsealed

Are you màd, cràzy or stûpid? Has atheism stolen away your brain? Someone gave you a concrete testimony and instead of trying to verify it or disprove it by investigation you resulted to insults. Are you always this stûpid?
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 11:57am On Jan 25, 2015
kevoh:
Da fuq? Who wastes 24 productive hours talking to himself? Let alone the other person who did his for 3 days!

OP, plaetton is right. Heed his advice! No world problem has been solved spending 24 or 72 hours of productivity starving and talking to oneself!
I can't remember saying I was an atheist.
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by rinrin23(f): 12:54pm On Jan 25, 2015
Hunny! Think of all the amazing things you can achieve if you channeled that energy into more productive things. The creator has provided all you need, your soul is your guide. 24hours is ridiculous...and the 3 days person Smh!

1 Like

Re: How To Pray For 24hours by kevoh(m): 1:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
misreal:
I can't remember saying I was an atheist.
Neither did I say you were one. undecided Alas, practical application of sense/wisdom is not common chez les chretiens!

Keep fighting away sound advice like plaetton's next thing we'll hear from you are numerous threads demanding which church offers the best deliverance service after talking to yourself for 24 straight hours multiple times and probably seeing some spirit! Lol
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 1:51pm On Jan 25, 2015
kevoh:

Neither did I say you were one. undecided Alas, practical application of sense/wisdom is not common chez les chretiens!

Keep fighting away sound advice like plaetton's next thing we'll hear from you are numerous threads demanding which church offers the best deliverance service after talking to yourself for 24 straight hours multiple times and probably seeing some spirit! Lol

kkkkk...
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 1:51pm On Jan 25, 2015
rinrin23:
Hunny! Think of all the amazing things you can achieve if you channeled that energy into more productive things. The creator has provided all you need, your soul is your guide. 24hours is ridiculous...and the 3 days person Smh!
praying is not productive right
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by Vinx4Christ(m): 3:53pm On Jan 25, 2015
kevoh:

"There is no [human] wisdom or understanding or counsel [that can prevail] against the Lord." (Proverbs 21:30).

* Repent and be saved*
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by kevoh(m): 4:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
Vinx4Christ:

"There is no [human] wisdom or understanding or counsel [that can prevail] against the Lord." (Proverbs 21:30).

* Repent and be saved*

Practical application of sense/wisdom is not common chez les Chretiens!
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by malvisguy212: 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
rinrin23:
this is what caused your unbelief,lack of prayer, when Daniel prayed, God send an angel to him, but the devil battle with the angel, Daniel never stop praying,he pray the more until God send the archangel Michael, can you tell what will happened if Daniel stop praying?
◄ Ecclesiastes 12:1 ►
Remember also your Creator in the days
of your youth, before the evil days come
and the years draw near when you will
say, "I have no delight in them";

@op, bible say pray without ceasing,pray accordingly ,if you can pray for 2hrs ,let your heart be convinced,God will answer you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Indian Mosaic Solution Temple... Be Happy & Rich / Bono On Jesus And Faith! / By Faith Alone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.