Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Meditate On This Brief History Before Voting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meditate On This Brief History Before Voting (455 Views)

A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. / Brief History Of Ijesa Land Till Date / A Brief History Of Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meditate On This Brief History Before Voting by tochyano(m): 9:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
We Nigerians lack reading culture and have developed an attitude of swallowing things line, hook and sinker. I asked myself several questions before identifying with GEJ's candidature.I took a stroll down the memory lane from 1983/85, I studied some high profile cases including Alex Ekwueme,Tai solarin, Sam Mbakwe. I studied Buhari's economic. strategies which later exacerbated our nation, I studied his intolerance to other religions, freedom of the press. I studied his decisions that bother on student unionism, corruption etc I studied his uprightness . Recently I have studied his speeches, a sharp reflection of his state of mind, have also studied the intents of his new found lovers in the likes of Atiku, Tinubu, Amaechi etc.Our problem is the doubt over the government we set over ourselves while thinking we are being critical of government. Our problem in Boko haram is not about the competence of Jonathan but our disunity of purpose. Johnson wrote , while GEJ was comfortably on top of the situation in 2012/13, Mr Buhari and other Northern elders were accusing him of partiality against the North and recommended that GEJ should stop military offensive against the terrorists in favour of amnesty. Admiral Nyako termed it Ethnic cleansing. Jonathan acceded to the demands of this section of the country for unity but in the process the terrorists found time to regroup and become more formidable. Now, the same people who asked GEJ to soft pedal has now turned th eatrocities of the terrorists to a campaign point, this isunfortunate. Its is treachery when a father asks a son to jump from a roof top that he will catch him and when he jumps , he not only fails to catch but set spikes for him. The fact that Buhari called for a lesser offensive against Boko haram and recommended amnesty as was done for the militants ,should dis-entitle him claiming the government is not effective in the fight, citing non use of lethal force. In saner societies, he will be a shamed for blowing hot andcold at same time on same issue. He would've stock to his advice or apologise for wrong advice. He told us he borrowed #27.5 million for a nominationform but he did not tell us how he plans to pay back. The identity of the bank, manager, account officer has not been made public. It will interest you to know that he collects #2.3 million on monthly basis as his retirement benefits , yet no foundation for the poor, empowerment of any kind, no scholarship whatsoever has been recorded.He told us he has ‪#‎1million‬ in his account ,alas, his. daughter pays €30000 yearly in a foreign university, equivalent of #8 million. He claimed to have fought corruption but under his nose Abacha emptied our treasury. I do not wish to remember the 52 cases, Ibrahim Awwal's £14 million. He once argued that all ACN governors are corrupt, he said they award 1 kilometer road at ‪#‎1billion‬ . He accused El-rufai , Atiku, Bisi Akande Tinubu etc of corrupt practices. The good news is, they are now change agents and their sins washed away. A thief and a beneficiary of a stolen product are culpable of same crime. Suffice it to say Buhari is corrupt. What economic decision has he made? Stopping Jakande Lagos mono rail at the detriment of $72million tax payers money? Dismissing 30000 soldiers to cut cost, stopping of Ajaokuta steel?. Now he has promised #5000 to unemployed at least to encourage lack of creativity and idleness, he has promised to feed school children, help Ebonyi state produce more yams and stabilize price of oil in the foreign market . If any voter can employ the like of Buhari to head his organization especially on foreign engagements with experts , then the person mean no good for Nigeria. On GEJ, I have noticed a style, steady and noiseless transformations. I can remember what Shagari said " We can't get it at once but we are getting it" Have you asked how many people Sure-P , youwin have employed? Have you noticed the decline in the importation of Agric produce? Have
you seen the airports, railways and road networks? You believe your votes can count, any kudos for that? Have you studied the automobile policy that has allowed Innoson, kia, Nissan etc build and assemble cars in Nigeria aimed at employing citizens? Have you accessed the BOI, Agric and SME loans? Have you noticed the number of ghost workers detected through IPPS thereby saving #46 billion? What of fertilizer fraud , heard anything from that quarter? Use of technology. Have you say thanks for the 12 universities built, over 130 Almajiri schools, over 60 healthcare facilities, improvement in power generation, gender equality etc? What has APC done in their various states? Which APC state is enjoying free education?. Buhari complained of the 16 woeful years under PDP. Was he referring to Atiku, Amaechi, Gemade, Rochas, Tambuwal ,Sylvia, Kwankwaso, Saraki,Ogbe etc? Buhari represents achange to dackness. Myfellow ‪#‎Nigerians‬ open your eyes to the reality of life.........OTU JERRY

4 Likes

Re: Meditate On This Brief History Before Voting by kestolove95(m): 9:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
Evn gej knws dat u'v lied against him...pls cum up with betr tin...but until den sai buhari
Re: Meditate On This Brief History Before Voting by jinielis: 11:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
ASK THEM O.
GEJ TO 2014

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Program For Our Dear Nation. / Enough Of This Mudslinging And Non-issue Based Campaign, APC Tells PDP / Mr President Economy Management Makes Naija Among World Fastest Growing Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.