Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,859 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Nine Years Ago. . . - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nine Years Ago. . . (14356 Views)

In Loving Memory Of My Father Who Left This World Five Years Ago... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Chimdim: 11:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
weldone, thanks for the update
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
Laitan checked the screen of his phone and sighed in fustration. His phone has been crooning Psquare track Possibity for the third time. The caller kept redialing despite. He picked before it stops ringing after confirming the caller Id.
'helo chuks' he said to the phone.

'I have called twice you did not picked' was the reply he got.

'Don't mind me jare. How tins?' laitan answered knowing he has no explanation for not picking. He just assumed Chuks might not have something to tangible say, that was the reason he ignored the call at first.'am fine. And I saw your babe yersterday 'chuks replied.

'my babe?'he asked bewildered as he stopped rocking his office chair.

'the girl you sent men to scare his new lover' chuks responded showing an angry face at the other end.

'oh, Joy! forget about her jare'

'why? If you see the kind love dem dey show enh? No be here o'

'lets just say I don't care anymore. I have a new elegant beauty as my girlfriend and I don't want anything that will end the career of the relationship'

'La i ta n!' chuks called his name stressing each syllable of it.

'and moreso she is from a rich family. Let the old girlfriend be. Her teaching salary is not enough to buy a drink' laitan continued.

Chuks burst into a fistful laughter. 'men you are wicked. Make sure you call Dragon tell him about the new development'

'I will' laitan replied adjusting the collar of his suit. He ended the call before chuks could say 'alright' at the other end.

Miss Joy and vareena walked side by side to the dinning table where Mr Evan and Mr kayout had taken their seats facing each other. Mrs cheryl was sitted at a side. 'come and sit beside me' Mrs cheryl said reffering to Vareena as she points to the vacant chair beside her. Miss Joy smiled releasing her hands from Vareena's shoulder. She took her opposites Mrs cheryl's.

Few minutes into the meal that was served by Mrs cheryl. She asked 'what class is my daughter' she scooped another spoon of the jollofrice to her mouth.

Vareena paused her hands which was holding a spoon that was loading little pile of rice 'SS 1' she replied and eventually sending the pile of rice to her mouth.
'what will you like to do in the future?'

vareena paused again. She looked around from her mother to her father face. She paused her gaze on Miss Joy who urged her to talk by her hand gesture. She is the only person she had shared her ambitions with. She looked to Patrick who was sitting besides her as he continued to masticate the food in his mouth slowly, then to Mr kayout and back to her mother. 'I love teaching or lecturing' she said turning her face downward.

'wow! Nice!, Good!, were the responses that follow.

Mrs Cheryl dropped her spoon. She touched vareena's chin and raised it to face hers. 'you should be proud of what you want to be. Ours is to guide and advice you ok?' she said. vareena nods in reponse while memories of her conversation with Miss Joy flashes.

'It's a good choice. You should be proud of it. Go for it with passion' her exact words continues to echo in her.

'what about you Patrick' Mr Evan asked and all attention turned to the boy battling with a bunch of meat. 'accountant' he replied releasing the meat and resuming after responding.

'I can mentor you' Mr kayout commented,his words directed to Vareena.

'that means I will have two mentor' she replied 'Miss Joy is a teacher and she had explained a lot to me'

'It's like we have three people in a profession in this family' Mrs cheryl said.

'we will mentor you' Miss Joy cuts in.

'we will' Mr kayout added. They all resumed to their meal except Patrick whose dish has no food left.

Mrs Cheryl wondered how Evan met Joy.
She is a quiet and beautiful. She will be a better wife she thought
'This saturday is our re -union party Mr Evan said. He had finished his meal. 'I have booked a space at the fatavelli cybershow 's hotel. You can invite few friends' 'wow' patrick exclaimed he will invite Mike for sure. Everyone smiled which makes Miss Joy displayed her perfect set of teeth. Mrs Cheryl looked at it which shows she envied those teeth 'tell us how you two met each'

Mr Evan paused as he was surprised by her question. 'let it be on saturday I will narate how 'we two met' he responded as he mimmicked her funny demonstration she made with her hands earlier. A loud laughter erupts.

...THE END...
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 9:39am On Apr 10, 2015
Chimdim:
weldone, thanks for the update
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by kingphilip(m): 11:04am On Apr 10, 2015
Kusibe77 nice piece of art here

Keep it up with that you'll get to d summit
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Chimdim: 11:48am On Apr 10, 2015
Wowoooooo, just like that, thanks
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 4:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
kingphilip:

Keep it up with that you'll get to d summit
thanks sir. Seriously,I know I have to learn. I'm doing just that. Thanks 1nc more
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
Chimdim:
Wowoooooo, just like that, thanks
u welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bloodline: Inbred / HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo / Nigeria: Report Indicts Nigerian Poet For Molesting 19 'daughters'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.