Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari (1990 Views)

Why We Missed October Deadline To Employ 200,000 – Osinbajo / FG Out With 33 Policy Actions To Revamp Economy / I Will Employ Illiterates Into My Govt, They Voted For Me - Ayo Fayose. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 25, 2015
The All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Gen. Muhamadu Buhari (retd), has promised to carryout revolution in the agriculture sector and employ quality teachers, if elected president.

He spoke on Saturday in Ado-Ekiti, while addressing the Ekiti State crowd that thronged the 12,000 capacity Ekiti Parapo Pavilion for the campaign. Despite the tension in recent weeks in the state, the atmosphere in and around the square was peaceful.

The Commissioner of Police, Taiwo Lakanu, led the police team to the rally. Former Speaker of the State House of Assembly and a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, Sola Ajigbolamu, led some PDP top ranking members to defect to the APC. They were received by the National Chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun.

Buhari said, “My programme revolves around insecurity, corruption and unemployment. We have a roadmap that will fight these scourges to a standstill, if elected.

What you can do to help us is to collect your permanent voter cards and vote during the election. You should not only vote, you must ensure that your votes count.

“We will ensure that schools are built and quality teachers are employed to teach the students because they are the future of this great nation.

We are not going to run a presidency that will be detached from the grassroots . We are going to encourage large scale farming to help the youths, who constitute 60 per cent of the population in getting gainful employment.

“Nigeria is now sitting on a keg of gunpowder and we have to ensure that the APC wins the election at the centre and state level,” Buhari added.

The national leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, accused the President Goodluck Jonathan-led Federal Government of being bereft of ideas for failing to develop the nation after ruling the nation for 16 years. He described Buhari/Osinbajo as a revolutionary ticket that would stamp out poverty, insecurity and unemployment in the country.

Buhari’s running mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) said the PDP was scheming for postponement of the election because it was afraid of defeat in the election.

He said, “The PDP is afraid of defeat. Jonathan and his people are jittery and that was why they wanted the polls to be shifted , but Nigerians must resist this attempt. “They are afraid of Buhari because they know he will probe the finances of the country and stop this corruption at all cost. “But with this support we have been getting from Nigerians, no magic can make Jonathan win this election. But if Buhari wins, there would be a new Nigeria and a honest government that would rule the people well.”

Tinubu advised the youth to reject Jonathan in the February poll for failing to deliver on his promises.

Meanwhile, the Peoples Democratic Party in Ondo State on Saturday said the low turnout of people at the presidential rally of the APC in Akure, showed that the people of the state were for President Goodluck Jonathan. The Publicity Secretary of the party in the state, Banji Okunomo, said the people of Ondo State had shown their rejection of the presidential candidate of the APC, Gen Muhammadu Buhari.

He said the people of the state were intellectuals who could not be deceived by the antics of the APC.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-will-revamp-agriculture-employ-teachers-buhari/

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by MuguliciousMUGU: 7:33am On Jan 25, 2015
Hahahahaha, buhari has come again, he will revamp agriculture and employ teachers..

Does he know the meaning of revamp, and he wants to employ teachers that their minimum requirement is SSCE and GCE, how will the students understand?
They would be more confused than the teachers, but before he employs those teachers, buhari need to go for a private tutorial to learn the meaning of INEC and other important words... We don't want him to disgrace us at OPEC, when he go waka go OPEC to reduce the price,

well he is still not going anywhere, we shall maintain him as our twitter president...

Meanwhile GEJ till 2019...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by henryangelo: 7:54am On Jan 25, 2015
Am sorry old man,our agricultural sector is already under revolution just that our youths are running away from agriculture looking for white cooler jobs,the president have done so much in agriculture Mr old man, you can force a horse to river but you can't force it to drink water, Mr president can't force the youths to go back to agriculture,he have done his job by creating enabling environment in the agric sector.
Coming to the teachers GEJ have done so much well to create employment opportunity in the education sector, he built alma jeri schools which Buhari and their northern leaders failed to build when they ruled this nation for 36yrs, is this not source of employment for teachers and a source of development to the northerners,He opened many federal universities, is this still not employment for teachers? Buhari is clueless, he needs more for years to strategize on how to lead Nigeria that is to say Buhari come back 2019

9 Likes

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by jars9: 7:57am On Jan 25, 2015
#SCAMBUHARI NA NOW DAY BREAK FOR YOU?

6 Likes

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:10am On Jan 25, 2015
Keep allowing cnn to mislead uu...oponu grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 25, 2015
Is there another agricultural sector that we do not know about? I believe that the one I know of is undergoing unprecedented transformation.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by Skillz02(m): 8:46am On Jan 25, 2015
I have decided
GMB15

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by Chigold101(m): 9:03am On Jan 25, 2015
The present government has done so much in agriculture, so i dont know which one GMB is talking about.

As for building schools and employing teachers...funny. This government has built schools for northern beggers whichGMB & friends never consider important.

Or will they come to the south to build more schools for us...

funny CAMPAIGN PROMISES...

Everybody is talking about agriculture now because crude oil has failed... I thought GMB said he will starbiliz oil price... Why is he no more talking about it now...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by Chigold101(m): 9:05am On Jan 25, 2015
Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by Trut(m): 9:16am On Jan 25, 2015
GMB should revamp and stabilise crude oil price grin

3 Likes

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by waternogeteneny: 9:24am On Jan 25, 2015
Buhari will revamp the bloods of dogs and baboon.

Nigeria has already had the Agricultural revolution under GEJ.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by waternogeteneny: 9:25am On Jan 25, 2015

Fresh Air till 2019... GEJ till Buhari finish School

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by AmucheJane(f): 9:31am On Jan 25, 2015
angryfunny man. I don't want to insult this man because his old enough to be my grandfather. GEJ till 2019.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by Pennyways: 9:31am On Jan 25, 2015
his usual promises with his widest ocean dreams

GEJ TILL 2019

1 Like

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 25, 2015
henryangelo:
Am sorry old man,our agricultural sector is already under revolution just that our youths are running away from agriculture looking for white cooler jobs,the president have done so much in agriculture Mr old man, you can force a horse to river but you can't force it to drink water, Mr president can't force the youths to go back to agriculture,he have done his job by creating enabling environment in the agric sector.
Coming to the teachers GEJ have done so much well to create employment opportunity in the education sector, he built alma jeri schools which Buhari and their northern leaders failed to build when they ruled this nation for 36yrs, is this not source of employment for teachers and a source of development to the northerners,He opened many federal universities, is this still not employment for teachers? Buhari is clueless, he needs more for years to strategize on how to lead Nigeria that is to say Buhari come back 2019

Chigold101:
The present government has done so much in agriculture, so i dont know which one GMB is talking about.

As for building schools and employing teachers...funny. This government has built schools for northern beggers whichGMB & friends never consider important.

Everybody is talking about agriculture now because crude oil has failed... I thought GMB said he will starbiliz oil price... Why is he no more talking about it now...

mulante:
Is there another agricultural sector that we do not know about? I believe that the one I know of is undergoing unprecedented transformation.

Chigold101:

If GEJ has done so much for the agricultural sector, can any of you please explain why:

1. Crude oil still remains the largest contributor to our foreign exchange earnings (over 90%) with agriculture contributing less than 10%.

2. Price of basic food items like Rice, Garri, Yam, Beans, Tomatoe, Onion, etc keep rising thus making it more difficult for majority of Nigerian families to feed.

3. Price of fertilizer is very high and remains largely unavailable to majority of farmers despite government claims that it is.

4. Nigeria still imports a large chunk of its consumables like Rice and Wheat, with widdspread decline in local production of said products.

Please be straightforward with your answers.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 25, 2015
waternogeteneny:

Fresh Air till 2019... GEJ till Buhari finish School

SOUNDKING:
Thank u buhari, we dnt need it 4rm u, u have 2 go back and increase your 150 cows to at least 200 before telling us poo

peleson:
Mallam keep mute! Gej already did

advancelegacy:
is it with the army, navy and airforce just like your plan for world oil prices ?

Are you all from the South East?

2 Likes

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by SOUNDKING: 11:55am On Jan 25, 2015
Thank u buhari, we dnt need it 4rm u, u have 2 go back and increase your 150 cows to at least 200 before telling us poo

2 Likes

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by peleson: 11:58am On Jan 25, 2015
Mallam keep mute! Gej already did

1 Like

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by advancelegacy: 12:09pm On Jan 25, 2015
is it with the army, navy and airforce just like your plan for world oil prices ?

1 Like

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by nellyjohn: 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
Am sure u re only reading a written speech dat u have rehearsed severally. Do u really know the meaning of revamp? Besides dere is nothing to revamp becos our agriculture sector is under revolution and it's doing really well. As for the teachers we have enough quality teachers that are educated upto their university level. We don't need ur teachers becos am sure dey are only WAEC holders with F9 in maths. I don't want that type of teachers for my children.
GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by gen2briz(m): 1:53pm On Jan 25, 2015
iHaveDecide GMB 2015
Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by Chigold101(m): 7:26am On Jan 26, 2015
Martins301:

If GEJ has done so much for the agricultural sector, can any of you please explain why:

1. Crude oil still remains the largest contributor to our foreign exchange earnings (over 90%) with agriculture contributing less than 10%.

2. Price of basic food items like Rice, Garri, Yam, Beans, Tomatoe, Onion, etc keep rising thus making it more difficult for majority of Nigerian families to feed.

3. Price of fertilizer is very high and remains largely unavailable to majority of farmers despite government claims that it is.

4. Nigeria still imports a large chunk of its consumables like Rice and Wheat, with widdspread decline in local production of said products.

Okay...
1. Crude oil has been the only not major contributor to our economy for more than 40years. Therefore you should not expect agriculture to knock it out in just less than 3years. If other governments have invested into agriculture since 1983 we would have been singing a better song now.
2. I dont know where rice prices increased. For the first time since i became adult, rice price instead of going up during Christmas actually reduced. Normally during christmas rice sales between 10 & 15000naira but this last christmas rice sold between 6 & 10000 naira. I dont know where you live and if you are married, but apart from tomatoes no other commodity increased in price.
3. fertilizer procurement before now was one of the hardest thing in Nigeria. Now registered farmers have e-pocket where money is sent into their phone. Now let me say this. If you go out to source fertilizer on your own it will be costly that is why government is encouraging people to join corporative societies. Because government do not deal with individuals.
4. Our rice import is drastically reducing. because Government has empowered many states including the state where i reside to go into agriculture and rice planting in particular. farming in my state is becoming and in thing now. Almost everybody is going into fish farming because Anambra state government through federal government is giving fish farmers and rice farmers more support than ever.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by clevvermind(m): 7:37am On Jan 26, 2015
nonsense talk.

1 Like

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 26, 2015
Animal talk don start again - Fela Kuti

1 Like

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by erunz(m): 7:50am On Jan 26, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Keep allowing cnn to mislead uu...oponu grin
but if CNN says Nigeria is among the least growing economy, u will be happy. Ur hate will take u nowhere

1 Like

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by Tearg1: 7:52am On Jan 26, 2015
AHHHHH GEJ HAS ALREADY DONE ALL THAT... !!!!.... I AM EXPECTING HIM TO SAY "BUILD LABORATORIES TO TRAIN ALL OUR CHEMISTS" OR BUILD WORLD CLASS THEATRES FOR OUR HOSPITALS... !!!
Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by LouisVanGaal(m): 7:54am On Jan 26, 2015
erunz:
but if CNN says Nigeria is among the least growing economy, u will be happy. Ur hate will take u nowhere
are u blind? Did dey fence ur eye ni? Would u not see d dev or outcom if actually de wea rite...
Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 26, 2015
Oga Buhari you have to lead by example. On agriculture, you have had 150 cows, no more for the past 12 years. How then would you revive agriculture when you sterilized your herd.

On education. of all feeful, you are the least I expect to talk abt education. You shamed the educational system with your messy handling of the Certificate-gate. Pls jus focus your campaign on corruption, that's the selling point of your CV, that's all Nigerians want you for, nothing more.
Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by rozayx5(m): 8:10am On Jan 26, 2015
this senile illiterate better run back to his cattle and family to avoid stroke after failbuhari
Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by tonytony208(m): 8:49am On Jan 26, 2015
Martins301:

i don't have available data on export, so i may not be able to respond to 1. I am not a farmer, so i don't know d price of fertilizer. But i can tell you that you are intentionally lying as regards prices of foodstuffs. In fact, the prices have reduced than what they were in 2012/13. Rice was selling for 320 naira in 2013. Today, it sells for 280 naira. Garri sold for 140 in 2013. Today, it sells for 100 naira. Beans (oloyin) sold for 350 in 2013. Today, it sells for 320. The prices of palm oil and groundnut oil had remained stable for 2/3 years running now. I know the actual prices because i buy them. If the president is not working, there wouldn't have been such price reduction.

And if the price of fertilizer had increased like you claimed, foodstuffs prices wouldn't have reduced.

1 Like

Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
tonytony208:

i don't have available data on export, so i may not be able to respond to 1. I am not a farmer, so i don't know d price of fertilizer. But i can tell you that you are intentionally lying as regards prices of foodstuffs. In fact, the prices have reduced than what they were in 2012/13. Rice was selling for 320 naira in 2013. Today, it sells for 280 naira. Garri sold for 140 in 2013. Today, it sells for 100 naira. Beans (oloyin) sold for 350 in 2013. Today, it sells for 320. The prices of palm oil and groundnut oil had remained stable for 2/3 years running now. I know the actual prices because i buy them. If the president is not working, there wouldn't have been such price reduction.

And if the price of fertilizer had increased like you claimed, foodstuffs prices wouldn't have reduced.

Bro as a trained economist, I speak with facts. Since you disagree with my claim of increasing food prices, please take time to go through this articles from 2011 to 2014.

2011 to 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/786059/compare-prices-food-stuff-nigeria

http://www.punchng.com/feature/nations-capital/high-prices-of-food-items-unsettle-residents/

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/foodstuffs-record-highest-price-increases-in-2014/

Go through them and drop your comment
Re: I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2015
rozayx5:
this senile illiterate better run back to his cattle and family to avoid stroke after failbuhari

It is better to keep quiet than to comment and show the world that you have no brain.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Will Become President If Buhari Loses His Certificate Court Case / How To Safe Yoruba People From Obvious Danger –gani Adams / Can I Subscribe For My GOTV Online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.