Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Amaechi & Jonathan Fight Again: Soldiers Take Over Stadium - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi & Jonathan Fight Again: Soldiers Take Over Stadium (1000 Views)

Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger / Soldiers Take Over Lagos, Many Wounded As Transport Workers Clash / President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi & Jonathan Fight Again: Soldiers Take Over Stadium by butanep(m): 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
Ahead of the January 28, 2015 planned Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential rally in Port Harcourt, heavily fierce looking armed soldiers and policemen on Saturday took over the 40,000 capacity Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium at Igwuruta-ali, Ikwerre local government area of the state.

It was gathered that the soldiers had moved into the facility early on Saturday morning and kept vigil till dawn.

The APC-led Rivers State government and the state PDP have been engaged in war of words over the planned use of the stadium by the opposition PDP in the state.
“Our (PDP) presidential rally will hold at that stadium because it belongs to the people. It was built by tax payers’ money. We are working with all stakeholders to ensure that the right thing is done to move the nation forward.”

It would be recalled that the state chairman of the PDP, Felix Obuah, had said that the state government turned down the request of the party to use the facility for its presidential candidate, President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday, January 28.

Speaking on the issue, governorship candidate of the PDP, Nyesom Wike, at a meeting with the Goodluck-to-Goodluck Political pressure group in Port Harcourt, recently, assured that the APC used the same facility for theirs and therefore, the PDP will host President Jonathan there.

The APC had used the facility to flag-off the party’s presidential campaign for the South-south earlier this month, even as it was used late last year to celebrate the anniversary of the Supreme Court judgment.

Wike said: “The PDP presidential rally will hold at the Amiesimaka Stadium on Wednesday, January 28. The APC held their own presidential campaign rally on January 6, 2015 and an earlier rally on October 25, 2014 in the same stadium.

“We are committed to the peaceful use of the stadium for our presidential campaigns,” the state PDP governorship standard bearer said.

But the state governor, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, at a rally for the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate in Etche local government of the state explained that the PDP cannot use the stadium, saying it was undergoing more construction work.

The Presidency has decided to use the stadium by force, hence the deployment of soldiers to the place.
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan Fight Again: Soldiers Take Over Stadium by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2015
The military and politicians have become too close for comfort.
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan Fight Again: Soldiers Take Over Stadium by butanep(m): 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2015
RicKyRichards:
The military and politicians have become too close for comfort.
The military has become errand boys for the politicians. This is dangerous to our democracy.
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan Fight Again: Soldiers Take Over Stadium by nafiachi(m): 2:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
I believe the courts should have been the right thing to do by the PDP, after all they have a valid point since the APC also used the stadium, but bringing in the Army anyhow is uncalled for, madam PEJ at work I guess.

Change is Near
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan Fight Again: Soldiers Take Over Stadium by samlestic(m): 3:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
nafiachi:
I believe the courts should have been the right thing to do by the PDP, after all they have a valid point since the APC also used the stadium, but bringing in the Army anyhow is uncalled for, madam PEJ at work I guess.

Change is Near
before ur last statement, i knew u wea a p c shit... we no wan go court. na by force now! Amaechi ntooorrrr!!!

Amaechi said if d election is rigged, they wont go 2 court. so no more court 4 us too. kom hold us na (amaechi)
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan Fight Again: Soldiers Take Over Stadium by butanep(m): 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2015
Court is the last hope for the aggrieved.

(1) (Reply)

Attentions Mods / My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan / Ode To Buhari, Sai Buhari Sai APC, Buhari Mukeso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.