Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,220 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:34 PM

Modern Christianity. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Modern Christianity. (506 Views)

Modern Christianity And Ancestral Onslaught / 3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity / How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Modern Christianity. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
the write-up is an opinion of the writer and in no way reflects the stand of any group or organization or person
When we were much younger, we had dreams and aspiration of what we wanted to be in life; we had a dream of the most utopian imagery of beautiful wife, husband, kids, houses, cars and other things the society describe as good. Also, when much younger; I would sit outside with my age group and peep into the dark skies spotted with the most beautiful stars and sometimes we are scared of what lies beyond those skies. We ask questions on how these great things came to being and there seem not to be answers but answers that only generated more questions.
However, as time evolved ; I gradually phased from childhood to adulthood and things that seemed mysterious began to be unveiled, I began to understand the working of things, their origin and of course purpose. Anytime I reminiscent of the childhood days, a strectch of smile just cuts across my face.
Time changes, no doubt; things change, kingdoms rise and fall, people come and go but the change that seem to strike me most is that of Christendom.
While growing up, the only people I saw as serious minded people were the Christians. Serious in the sense that they exhibit some character that is different from the generality of the masses complemented by a moral value quite indescribable. In most cases the words like “SU”, “deeper life” etc were used to describe them.
Today seem to be rather a different ball game; I see Christendom as the most unserious people today because they are quite an antithesis of the age-long Christian norms. Christendom today seem to be the dumping ground of all manner of filthiness, an advanced replica of sodom and Gomorah. I even doubt if Sodom and Gomorah did half of what is done by Christendom today. Most shocking is the fact that most of these people claim to be filled with the holy ghost. What a kind of “holy” ghost would I call this? A ghost I would say rather than a holy ghost!
Am rather amazed at the funfair, showmanship and social aggrandizement that has become the order of the day by Christendom. Stark naked women and “sisi” men intoxicated by the “speaking in tongue” gospel and empty vessel pastors making merchandise of people under the guise of religion has been the character of modern day Christendom. The dress pattern is heading to another Eden headed by Satan himself. I really doubt if there is any difference between Hollywood and churches today.
A friend posted a video on facebook. The video captioned the “most venerable” Bishop Oyedepo under the “anointing” of a comedian cracking a “Christian comedy”. What a shame and disgrace to allow the house of God ( if ever it has been ) to be a place of cracking filthy jokes in the name of trying to align with the norms of modern age. The same man that sentenced a girl to hell and also becoming the gate keeper of hell to those who oppose the Goodluck Jonathan Re-election. Is he that he has known where he is going to? God doesn’t wish for any to perish.
He is not the first “man of God” to do that, a lot of them do that. Another pastor in Port Harcourt organized a crusade called “A night of thousand laughs and miracle” and the list is endless.
What am more amazed is the fact that people seem to be gullible and not seem to differentiate between right and wrong; despite the evil perpetuated by these so called pastors, the members seem to be attached to the pastor rather than the word of God. The pastor has turned to be the absolute and their “god’
The case of Pastor Chris Oyakilome still rocks the media; his case of ‘magical miracles” of falling is still agog in his church. No wonder a friend of mine who happens to be a “pastor” in his church was attacking me for “attacking a man of God” after divorcing his wife. (am sure, those who see him as a ‘god’ still go to him for marriage counseling)
What of Pastor Chris OKotie?, changing wives like cloths. Of course, the case of our “Bling bling’ pastor and the head of the politically and devil infested Christian Association of Nigeria can’t be easily forgotten .These examples are just few from the innumerable atrocities in the “house of God” . And these people claim to go to heaven?, not the heaven the bible spoke of, most definitely not.
In a summary, the modern Christianity has rather walked away from Christianity long ago without noticing. But may I say here that there are people who are still christains today regardless of the mess going in Christendom but as always been the norm, few.

(1) (Reply)

The Gospel Of Justification / The Sovereign God / Challenge For Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.