Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo (53255 Views)

Buhari Vs Jonathan: Opinion Polls By Pulse TV (Videos) / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / Buhari Vs Jonathan:beyond the election,by Charles Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by EmoBoy(m): 2:11pm On Jan 26, 2015
Did I just read Mr Soludo praising Obasanjo and Ibrahim Babangida for their so called economic achievements and solid foundation? The same OBJ and IBB that Nigerians were tired of and chased out of office? Anybody who call's Obasanjo's eight year rule something worthy of praise is an ídiot! I didn't witness IBB's rule but judging from what Nigerians think of IBB, then I can same of him.

Obasanjo was president for good eight years; the only positive thing he can boast of was paying our debts and saving money for us. Our transportation network was in shambles, education was a mess, and everything was a big mess during Obasanjo's regime.

Obasanjo never laid any foundation for anything worthwhile. Obasanjo wasted critical years of our national life! Compare us with other countries from 1999 to 2007 with similar resources with ours and you'll see my point.
Statistics never paint the true picture of events and situations some countries like Nigeria face. Every president has good statistics to back-up their bullshit. Goodluck and his team of economists will reel out positive statistics their administration can boast of. Even IBB and Abacha can do the same.

Honestly, what I find disturbing is our inability to make valid judgment and opinions from our collective history.
I'm not a GEJ or PDP supporter. Buhari or APC is not what we need, neither is the PDP. None of the current political parties have what it takes to change this country for the better.

I was telling a friend that Nigeria does not have a "well performing" governor; we have not had one for the past 16 years - None that I'm aware of. He tried to mention Fashola, Akpabio and the rest we normally call "performing".
We tend to call these people performing because we're like slaves. We've had so much suffering that we'll accept street lights and traffic lights as tremendous positive change.

In a country like Nigeria that needs rapid investment in critical social infrastructure and strong sustainable institutions, the crop of leaders we've had at all levels are useless. From the presidency to the local government chairmen - all of them from a - z!
Simple things that will facilitate the growth of businesses and the economy that other smaller nations can boast of, we don’t have.
No proper steel manufacturing companies – its 28 years now since Ajaokuta was developed and destroyed by successive military dictators (Buhari inclusive). Please Nairalanders tell me, how do expect to drive manufacturing without having reliable steel producers?
No electricity – How will businesses survive without constant power?
No good proper identity management system – Nigerians underestimate the lack of a proper identity management system on the economy. It basically means there’s no trust in the financial system, you can’t borrow money without collateral. We don’t know our citizens, anybody can sign an affidavit for 200 naira in a local Nigerian and claim to be Nigerian, collect a passport and national ID card and also a voter’s card.
No proper addressing system; Businesses can’t deliver or ship customer orders without efficiently.
No proper education: In a country where a vast majority of the youths are ignorant of critical knowledge necessary for growth and development, how will businesses survive?

I can go on and on but the fact remains that we don’t a single good leader who understands what this country needs and it’s painful. It pains me every single day.

Nigeria is a perfect example of a disorganized country!

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by ogene007: 2:13pm On Jan 26, 2015
hermesprogidy:
You are missing the point. Don't think like a micro- manager, Buhari has people on his team that can revamp the economy. We only need his persona to curtail wastage and instill a productive mentality in Nigerians.

Buhari may not solve all of Nigeria's problems, but he has a lot to offer.

Sai Buhari cool cool cool

Please, nigerians need to know the identity of these 'magical' economists on Buhari's team who will solve the problem better than GEJ's present economic team. You guys should go beyond propaganda and provide us names, so that we will know their pedigree and where they are coming from. Failure to do this, we can safely assume that APC are mere noise makers who are simply riding on the emotions of gullible nigerians in their attempt to sneak into Aso rock true craft and avarice. GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by EmoBoy(m): 2:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
Luchitec:
No doubt, Prof. Soludo raised some valid points about the state of affairs in the country. However, Soludo's denigration of Peter Obi for leaving funds in Anambra State coffers while at the same time praising OBJ's regime for accumulating a huge external reserve highlights his doublespeak and pettiness. Moreover, if stuffs that transpired in the banking sector during Sanusi's tenure at CBN are put into consideration, then Soludo is actually overrating himself as an economic guru.

You dey mind the man.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Boss13: 2:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
kmariko:

The deficits in fundamentals of our economic existence is glaring for me to wake up in the morning and listen to an economic professor lecture me once again on the problems of mono economic indices.

We cannot make any headway in whatever direction we choose without taking a fundamental call it holistic approach in restructuring the polity we find ourselves in.

Soludos thesis is a mere academic exercise in how to manage or mismanage a mono economy of 170 million people.

I did not read any thesis except you read a different version. Soludo only asked questions and advised the president to do away with charlatans and palace praise worshippers deceiving him. The president will be wondering, why all these attacks on me and as usual his wicked aides will always find an excuse to deceive him further.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by hermesprogidy(m): 2:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
I totally agree with you and that is why I said nobody is expecting an El dorado anytime soon if Buhari wins the election. It may be difficult for them to put figures on some things, and frankly speaking most of the campaign strategies is aimed at base of pyramid Nigerians (who unfortunately are the majority)

But the fact remains that Jonathan has nothing to offer and this country needs new leadership. If not for anything let Nigerians us this election to remind politicians that power lies in the hands of the people. Mess up, and you get voted out!! angry angry
Boss13:

You have a point. However, Buhari will not find it funny. He has begin to make utterances on which he would be judged. He has not sat down with his team and like Soludo has said he would have expected more from them. It all seems that they are eager to capture power and when they get there they will sort things out. If this is their plan, surely within two (2) years the public will be calling for their head.

Someone else mentioned that Soludo came up with economic thesis. They are not thesis but valid economic questions. How come oil prices were at an unprecedented level and our foreign reserves and debt profile are at an unprecedented level too. What were they doing with the foreign income. Debt profile is $40billion, abandoned capital projects estimated at $50billion.

If the president or Buhari is going to provide jobs, explain how you intend to do so. If you want to fight corruption, estimate the cost for fighting corruption. Put naira and kobo to your mandate and not wake up in the morning and start talking.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Boss13: 2:25pm On Jan 26, 2015
hermesprogidy:
I totally agree with you and that is why I said nobody is expecting an El dorado anytime soon if Buhari wins the election. It may be difficult for them to put figures on some things, and frankly speaking most of the campaign strategies is aimed at base of pyramid Nigerians (who unfortunately are the majority)

But the fact remains that Jonathan has nothing to offer and this country needs new leadership. If not for anything let Nigerians us this election to remind politicians that power lies in the hands of the people. Mess up, and you get voted out!! angry angry

Exactly. People power.

@Emoboy, I could not respond to your comment because it is long. Since you did not witness IBB's regime then you are probably young. IBB was a dictator but his SAP policy kick started most of the economic programs we leverage on now. Obasanjo's administration and I stand to be corrected with facts and figures, still remains the best administration since the independence of this country. The administration is yet to be unbeaten. If you want to criticise the administration, bring your facts and not words.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by hermesprogidy(m): 2:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
That would be a futile attempt because they are not names you know. Did you know Fashola before he was voted in as Governor? Do you know who professor Osinbajo is? Hence I will not waste my MB mentioning names you do not know. Action speaks louder than words and certificates @GEJ's economic team?you mean GEJ's Rugby team.(running around like headless chickens) grin grin grin grin
ogene007:

Please, nigerians need to know the identity of these 'magical' economists on Buhari's team who will solve the problem better than GEJ's present economic team. You guys should go beyond propaganda and provide us names, so that we will know their pedigree and where they are coming from. Failure to do this, we can safely assume that APC are mere noise makers who are simply riding on the emotions of gullible nigerians in their attempt to sneak into Aso rock true craft and avarice. GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by maryhaam(f): 2:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
manny4life:
I read every single word and I am truly honored to have read this piece. I supported Jonathan but of recent, I have been more cautious than ever. The truth is our economy really needs help, unfortunately, Buhari isn't the man for the job either. Soludo rubbish both PDP and APC, man, he gave President Jonathan the bitter truth. Some may not like what he wrote, how he wrote and why he wrote it, but truth be told, Soludo asked pertinent questions. I liked where he hinted about the "Austerity" measures... How I wish this man could be my mentor, or yet work for him. He is endowed with wisdom.
yes glad I read it too,a sane youth should,one need to sitback and think carefully,everypoint he raised is worth it,am neither here nor there,just want the betterment of the country,there a lots of things that we don't even know,aside corruption,insecurity nd unemployment.it is well

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by EFFRAKATA: 2:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
egift:
Good and comprehensive piece.

Once Buhari is elected, his major task will be to put together a competent "Team Nigeria" to rescue this nation from the ugly mess we have sank into. I wish men like Soludo will be part of it.

Sai Buhari. Help on the way.

And who are the competent hands? Ameachi, Tinubu, Tambuwal, Saraki, i pity u all. GEJ till Buhari resit and pass his O level mathematics.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by kmariko: 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
Boss13:

I did not read any thesis except you read a different version. Soludo only asked questions and advised the president to do away with charlatans and palace praise worshippers deceiving him. The president will be wondering, why all these attacks on me and as usual his wicked aides will always find an excuse to deceive him further.

I read every every bit of it. I was wondering whether I was living in the same country as described under Obasanjo. Which,"tree" among the grass can you one remember Obasanjo with.
Name one lasting fundamental macro or micro economic "big bang" that Obasanjo economic team bequeathed to us.

Interestingly in spite of all the figures we still do not produce iron the most basic unit of industrialization index
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by EmoBoy(m): 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
Boss13:

Exactly. People power.

@Emoboy, I could not respond to your comment because it is long. Since you did not witness IBB's regime then you are probably young. IBB was a dictator but his SAP policy kick started most of the economic programs we leverage on now. Obasanjo's administration and I stand to be corrected with facts and figures, still remains the best administration since the independence of this country. The administration is yet to be unbeaten. If you want to criticise the administration, bring your facts and not words.

Like I said in my post, every administration can boast of facts and figures. Even Abacha and Buhari's administration has stats and figures to boast with.

Why don't you start by telling me how Obasanjo's government is the best we've ever had?
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by ogene007: 2:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
Boss13:

Sure GEJ remains the only viable option to get us out of the economic mess because he got us into it in the first place. However, both presidential candidates are yet to present to us what their economic plans are. If Jonathan can show us his plans, surely he would win our support. No one is blaming him for insurgency but we blame him for not curtailing it. Foreign reserves is depleted. Now our debt profile is at a dangerous level. The problem here is that we are indebted to private investors whose aim is to increase their returns so we are not going to get a debt relief. Which means we are going to pay every kobo/penny to the last and who do you think will suffer for this - me and you.

Jonathan has employed the wrong set of team. If he wins he must assemble a great team that can execute within the shortest period. Also, if I were Buhari, I will re-strategize with my team on how to revamp the economy and not make empty promises.

We surely need help. May God save Nigeria
GEJ and his economic team where never taken unawares by the present drop in crude oil prices, infact, they have always had a blueprint on how to revamp our economy. They had long started the diversification of our economy with the massive investment in agriculture, transportation, oil and gas, power supply, new automotive policy etc. It therefore is no surprise that revenue from crude oil export constitutes only over 50% of our GDP, and the government is working hard towards bringing it further down to about 40%. It takes an economic team that has been diligent and focused to achieve this feat just over 5 years. The devaluation of the naira stems from the drop in crude oil revenue, just as it has happened in other countries like Russia, Venezuela, Iran, that are heavily dependent on crude oil as a major source of foreign exchange. The present free fall of the naira that has been experienced in the past two weeks stems from the speculation arising from the uncertainties about the result of the february 14th elections. Foreign director investments in the capital market are being taken away due to this speculations, anxious nigerians are buying up as much dollars as possible over fear of the likely results of the elections, all causing a free fall of the naira. This artificial fall in the naira will normalize after the elections, if the results goes true to the expectations of the organised private sector (OPS). A GEJ victory will undoubtedly restore the much needed calm in the economy, while a victory for Buhari, though unlikely, will spell doom for the economy. It will typically be a case of jumping from the frying pan into fire. It is unfortunate that the opposition, rather than presenting a detailed economic blueprint on how they intend to solve the economic problems, are shrouding everything under a cloud of ambiguity and bogus promises. Which investor would make investment plans on the basis of vague and bogus promises? People will rather freeze any existing investments till the economic climate becomes clearer. Nigeria can ill-afford the present distractions from the APC factory of propaganda and lies which is achieving nothing other than to heat up the economic climate. We remain committed to the nigerian project under the able leadership of GEJ. GEJ till 2019.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by InvertedHammer: 2:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
/
...That sweet feeling when an Economics graduate from UNN starts teaching ECON 101 to a hyped albeit clueless Havard graduate who happens to be the Coordinating Minister of Finance.

***just smiling***

\

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by VoteWisely: 3:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
#VoteWisely #GEJ

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by ogene007: 3:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
...That sweet feeling when an Economics graduate from UNN starts teaching ECON 101 to a hyped albeit clueless Havard graduate who happens to be the Coordinating Minister of Finance.

***just smiling***

\

Reeling out economic theories is not the same as being in the hot seat and dealing with the politico-economic realities on the ground. It was Soludo's textbook economics theories that allowed Akingbola and Ibru to almost ruin two of the biggest banks in the country, until Sanusi came to the rescue. So, save us that trash of a story. We all know that Soludo has not recovered from getting his fingers burnt in his attempt to become governor of anambra state. He should rather lick his wounds in silence than come here to reel out figures which do not factor in the political exigences that impact whatsoever economic policy any government would want to implement in nigeria. GEJ's economic team is about the best ever put together in the history of this country. The organised private sector and nigerians in general, trust in their ability to get the economy out of the woods. GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Lanspower(m): 3:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
saintiago1980:
Nigeria should be happy that God gave them a good president like GEJ the who vision transparent the who have change in this country.
What is this one saying

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by XKZ(m): 3:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
LRNZH:

Some of these technocrats are already in APC and some will join in the near future when GMB takes over government.

This list includes but not restricted to: Oby Ezekwesili, Raji Fashola, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, Rotimi Amaechi, Nasiru El-Rufai, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu (if he decamps to APC), Hon. Aminu Tambuwal, Barr. Festus Keyamo, Prof. Barth Nnaji, George Akume, Audu Ogbe, Rabiu Kwankwaso, Bukola Saraki, Adamu Muazu (APC will lure him after PDP's loss), Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (will at least provide consultancy on economic olicies), potentially- Donald Duke & Emeka Anyaoku.

Same of the same...
Apart from Fashola and Osinbajo everyone you've mentioned is a product of the PDP. Why should we expect anything different.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by myproperty(m): 3:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
what Soludo wrote is a wake-up call to both APC and PDP, his analyses is quite interesting. This is the kind of issues the political parties should be telling us how to tackle or handle, but unfortunately both parties are birds of the same feather ideologically. I believe what Soludo said are not all true because he ones praised Peter Obi and now castigating him, the same thing El-rufai did by castigating Buhari during OBJ regime, telling us that Buhari is not electable being a serial failure academically, but today, in El-rufai's eyes Buhari is now the political messiah of Nigeria. The fact there is that Soludo is now a politician and that makes me understand GEJ and Peter Obi's bashing.

Nevertheless he has raised very important issues that any serious government that would be in power come may29 must tackle. The country is facing serious economic crisis because of our dependent on oil. Whosoever becomes president would have no choice than to work, economic crisis on most occasion brings about a turn around for the better in most countries( that is if the government in power takes the right measures). This year would not be rosy economically and the government must be up and doing.

Nigeria would survive and overcome her numerous problems and would be a great Nation. The time for that has come.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by kmariko: 3:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
ogene007:

Reeling out economic theories is not the same as being in the hot seat and dealing with the politico-economic realities on the ground. It was Soludo's textbook economics theories that allowed Akingbola and Ibru to almost ruin two of the biggest banks in the country, until Sanusi came to the rescue. So, save us that trash of a story. We all know that Soludo has not recovered from getting his fingers burnt in his attempt to become governor of anambra state. He should rather lick his wounds in silence than come here to reel out figures which do not factor in the political exigences that impact whatsoever economic policy any government would want to implement in nigeria. GEJ's economic team is about the best ever put together in the history of this country. The organised private sector and nigerians in general, trust in their ability to get the economy out of the woods. GEJ till 2019.

History is never one of the strengths of the citizenry. Many lives were ruined because if the professors theories and here we having people praising it to high heavens.
Whatever happened to reading.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by derecho(m): 3:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
sincerenigerian:
How I wish Nigerians can read this piece from top to bottom. This piece should be an eye opener for all of us.

Good piece from Prof. Soludo.
did you read the part where he said 95% of voters have made up their minds on who to vote?For all it's worth,people will vote along religious lines,trust,sympathy,tribe etc
Wetin concern an illiterate man with all the analysis.He prefers a man who he can trust.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Bamz(m): 4:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
derespect:
Wait oooo. Na exam I dey preparevfor? Wey u think say I go read all ds things.

Black man. angry

Better find time and read it.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
Very interesting read, but as far as I am concerned, Jonathan's administration has been an administration of excuses, it is either he will blame past governments, or he will blame terrorism, blame, blame, blame. So far in his campaign, he has been about Buhari's certificate or 'Do you want to go to jail?' Buhari is too old, Buhari is not well.etc. If you read the article, it presented the current state of the Nigerian economy, although I won't agree with the grind he had with Peter Obi. Vote out Jonathan even if it is KOWA aspirant.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Orikinla(m): 4:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
VoteWisely:
#VoteWisely #GEJ

Was it GEJ that did the right thing to save Nigerians from Ebola or Governor Fashola?
Let me address your ignorance.

When Ebola was reported in Liberia, the Federal Government should have monitored movement of people going and coming from Liberia and the Nigerian immigrations should have also put in place all necessary preventive measures at the borders and airports into Nigeria, but the Federal Government failed to do so and that was how the first index case was recorded in Nigeria when the Liberian should have been quarantined at the airport and not allowed to enter into Lagos. If not for the prompt response to the Ebola emergency by Lagos State government the Ebola would have spread all over Nigeria. So, GEJ should not be claiming the credit of Governor Fashola of Lagos State.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by BrTune: 4:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
For Christ's sake did u just read what the OP wrote?! Your Ignorance is appaling
saintiago1980:
Goodluck is the only president who can bring Nigeria to the promise. Land he has a lot to do for Nigeria. Let us join hand together in this up coming election. To vote him in for future generation.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
Whats the point of massively building up reserves when the country is dying of poverty and starvation? Is this not the same question the governors asked Jonathan when they wanted him to share all the cash in the excess crude account. The governors are now complaining that there's no money.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by angelsing(m): 5:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
hermesprogidy:
If there is anything this election has exposed, its the high level of ignorance and the total failure of our educational system. Even after someone presents hard facts, people will still ignore the facts and attack the person. Sometimes I wonder if it's lack of comprehension, or just simple annoyance at your effrontery to task their chicken brains. grin grin grin grin
My brother, they are all in denial...Even if jesus shud come down and say anything about GEJ not performing right now they will insult him...They are so pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by jpphilips(m): 5:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
Since soludo was Iweala's teacher, I know who to believe now on the state of our economy, Jonathan really finished this country, It will be tantamount to the hang man's noose if any sane mind deliberately thumb prints for the cursed Party Jonathan represents come February 14.
I am so ashamed of the cesspit (with so many unsound mind), bestowed upon me by the unfortunate circumstances of birth.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by jpphilips(m): 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2015
J12:
Whats the point of massively building up reserves when the country is dying of poverty and starvation? Is this not the same question the governors asked Jonathan when they wanted him to share all the cash in the excess crude account. The governors are now complaining that there's no money.

This is the question only a f00l who missed his chance of any formal education should ask Our Governors), it must have generated from the Penguin brains running the current federal Govt.
Your case is more pathetic that will you echo and re echo their senselessness, you only have unemployment and under employment to contend with, while they have the opportunity of taking economic refuge elsewhere.
When I look at the Level of poverty on the streets presently, I only wish nematodes like you and your dumb governors were never born.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Caseless: 5:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
sincerenigerian:
How I wish Nigerians can read this piece from top to bottom. This piece should be an eye opener for all of us.

Good piece from Prof. Soludo.
I couldn't skip a single line; I had to read everything. Buhari must sit down with soludo and get some lectures. Here is the best piece i'v read in a long time. Buhari must as a matter of fact meet soludo before the debate between him and gej.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by InvertedHammer: 5:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
ogene007:

/
Yes. GEJ has the best team. And we are seeing the result and reaping the benefits a la the collapse of naira, the raid on foreign reserves,
and worst of all, no economic goals set to be achieved. They are not doing any better than you do in your house. You get your salary, then appropriate accordingly to meet your basic needs. In Nigeria's context, they sell oil, and then appropriate accordingly making room for some amount to be looted. Nigeria's economy is on auto-pilot.

GDP, Trade surplus, Consumer Price Index, Core inflation, you name it. The same BS indicators that look good on paper and statistical charts but
do not show the real health of the economy in common sense terms. NOI is from the same school of thought that are involved in what I call
"presentation economy". Even USA relied on all these BS and other technical economics jargon in 2008 yet the global recession started right under their nose.

Then of course, Economics is not a pure science.

\

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by sniperwolf(m): 5:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
Nice article, but He should know that paper economy are not always realised. There are always variances and huge variances as a matter of fact
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by bondingman: 5:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
idrisbello:
*******It hurts them you ended their subsidy fraud******** **You sold off NEPA and ended their fraudulent NEPA contracts. **You removed ghost workers from civil service and reduce their wealth. **You refused to renew their oil blocks license they shared among themselves. **You handed NPA verification to a third party and eliminated port frauds. **It hurts them you stopped the bootlegging in fertilizer distribution. **You hurt them by making sure they don't hoard petroleum product and Nigerians will sleep at filling stations while they make astronomical profits. **You pinched them where it hurts most by making sure elections are free and fair & they can't impose their candidates on us. **You hurt the cabal by looking into their face and telling them no sir. **We know Tinubu, Amaechi, Rochas & co. don't love Nigeria more than us.***you restored rail system that gulp billlions of naira yearly, it hurts them *** You have made Nigeria proud with cars now produced in Nigeria up to 70% local content. Many car merchant and corruption in auto mobile industry stopped **We know GMB is a man of integrity and strict to what he believes. But we also know those pushing him have a hidden agenda. They have bullied you, lie against you, insulted you and make Nigeria insecure just to get back to business as usual. But I promise you sir, they will not bully our votes, we will go to the poll blindfolded for you. For their peace will be too costly!
If you love Nigeria please repost to all your contacts!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Buhari Reacts To Super Eagles Victory Over Iceland / Ike Ekweremadu & Wife Nwanneka Sentenced To 10 Years, 6 Years Each / Survivors Of Yelwa-Zangam, Jos Attack Recount Their Ordeals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.