Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan (999 Views)

Photos Of Anambra Youths Working At Night To Ensure 'zero Potholes' In The State / Jonathan: "No Nigerian Was Sent To Prison For What They Said Or Wrote Under Me" / My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by vanen2: 6:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has assured Nigerians that his administration is determined to reduce hunger and poverty in the country.
“As President, my goal is to work hard so that no citizen is hungry. We are making progress in eliminating hunger. The report from GHI corroborates our own records which show that our food import bill has reduced from 1.1 Trillion Naira in 2009 to 634 Billion Naira in 2014 and falling,” he said.
The president said he is impressed with the statistics from the International Food Policy Research Institute which shows that the country is making progress on the annual Global Hunger Index. He noted that his administration has been able to reduce hunger by cutting out the middle men and empowering 14 million Nigerian farmers (of which 2 million are women) with fertilizers directly.
“We are not only reducing hunger in our nation, we are also reducing our dependence on foreign nations for our food security while at the same time creating wealth at the grass roots of Nigeria,” he added.
The president made the disclosure on his verified facebook account, Goodluck Jonathan. It will be recalled that he also shared some of his achievements with his friends on the social media, with a promise to keep them with up to date account of his stewardship in the last four years.
His political party, the People Democratic Party, PDP, via its official twitter handle, @PdpNigeria, is also promoting the achievements of the president. The party is sharing wit its 31, 000 followers what the president has achieved across the states, especially in meeting the Millennium Developmental Goals (MDGs).
In a related development his Special Assistant on New Media, Reno Omkri, took to twitter to share a photo of the 10 lane Abuja Highway completed by Jonathan administration. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/goal-ensure-no-nigerian-hungry-jonathan/

1 Like

Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by Elslim: 6:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
oga parkwell jhoor
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by clevvermind(m): 6:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
i hear you sir. your dream will come true. buhari cannot stand you. you are the man we need. we are solidly behind you. carry on.

2 Likes

Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by Brightology2(m): 6:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
Huh bt am hungry na
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by femoDee: 6:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
Oga tell me: how is that achievable by collect #1000 from the hungry people and you turn face from it Convince me on this and many more then i will make your campaign poster my wallpaper
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by Boss13: 6:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
vanen2:
President Goodluck Jonathan has assured Nigerians that his administration is determined to reduce hunger and poverty in the country.
“As President, my goal is to work hard so that no citizen is hungry. We are making progress in eliminating hunger. The report from GHI corroborates our own records which show that our food import bill has reduced from 1.1 Trillion Naira in 2009 to 634 Billion Naira in 2014 and falling,” he said.
The president said he is impressed with the statistics from the International Food Policy Research Institute which shows that the country is making progress on the annual Global Hunger Index. He noted that his administration has been able to reduce hunger by cutting out the middle men and empowering 14 million Nigerian farmers (of which 2 million are women) with fertilizers directly.
“We are not only reducing hunger in our nation, we are also reducing our dependence on foreign nations for our food security while at the same time creating wealth at the grass roots of Nigeria,” he added.
The president made the disclosure on his verified facebook account, Goodluck Jonathan. It will be recalled that he also shared some of his achievements with his friends on the social media, with a promise to keep them with up to date account of his stewardship in the last four years.
His political party, the People Democratic Party, PDP, via its official twitter handle, @PdpNigeria, is also promoting the achievements of the president. The party is sharing wit its 31, 000 followers what the president has achieved across the states, especially in meeting the Millennium Developmental Goals (MDGs).
In a related development his Special Assistant on New Media, Reno Omkri, took to twitter to share a photo of the 10 lane Abuja Highway completed by Jonathan administration. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/goal-ensure-no-nigerian-hungry-jonathan/

This man's aides know how to handle him. They provide him with distorted statistics and he thinks everything is okay. He needs to revamp he entire team
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by clevvermind(m): 6:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
Brightology2:
Huh bt am hungry na
so Jonathan should come and put food in your mouth abi?
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by Coolboyz: 6:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
Wow
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by futmxconnectn(m): 6:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
Really? Those unemployed and the hungry youths that died during the Immigration test scam, what have you done to compensate their families? Yet nobody is being arrested, nobody is being tried or prosecuted and you expect the youths to still believe you. Whoever belief you can belief anything.

We only believe Buhari.
Sai Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by Brightology2(m): 6:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
clevvermind:
so Jonathan should come and put food in your mouth abi?
yes of cos
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by richybanky(m): 7:04pm On Jan 26, 2015
After how many years Oga Jona
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by richybanky(m): 7:04pm On Jan 26, 2015
futmxconnectn:
Really? Those unemployed and the hungry youths that died during the Immigration test scam, what have you done to compensate their families? Yet nobody is being arrested, nobody is being tried or prosecuted and you expect the youths to still believe you. Whoever belief you can belief anything.

We only believe Buhari.
Sai Buhari.
Seconded!
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by omenka(m): 7:13pm On Jan 26, 2015
Mr President, your people from Otuoke need you more. Go rescue them from eternal hunger and strife. Nigerians have had it with you.

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by sammyj: 7:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by citizenY(m): 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
omenka:
Mr President, your people from Otuoke need you more. Go rescue them from eternal hunger and strife. Nigerians have had it with you.

Thank you sir.

I hope the food distribution center is open there. Charity begins ...
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
TOO LATE FOR THAT..
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by wazobiaforu(m): 7:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
grin

and you are eating Billions naira food, Chai this people do not have manifesto again
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by clevvermind(m): 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
Brightology2:
yes of cos
grin funny.
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by BlackTechnology: 8:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
Wrong goal

Give us true federalism cool
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by Kanana(m): 8:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
No wonder "food infrastructure " is the order of the day in PDP. Hmmmmm
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by vanen2: 12:06am On Jan 27, 2015
Sometimes these politicians think we are toddlers. . .
Re: My Goal Is To Ensure ‘no Nigerian Is Hungry’—jonathan by ayukdaboss(m): 12:20am On Jan 27, 2015
So you don't want any Nigerian to be hungry yet you feed on 4 billion naira per annum? I'm just fed up totally with this useless government based on lies and propaganda.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari In Reverene Father Attire / Igbo Have No Preferred Presidential Candidate – OHANEZE NDIGBO ELDERS / (PIC)Lai Mohammed (apc)interviewed Right Now On Inside Story. Aljazeera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.