Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Nigeria, Remember Rwanda's Genocide! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Remember Rwanda's Genocide! (477 Views)

Rwanda Genocide: Even Journalists Were Convicted; Igbo Haters Thread Carefully / Ambassadors Of Belgium, Poland, Rwanda Inspecting Guards Of Honor Today / Members Of The Technical Aid Corps Deployed To Serve In Rwanda (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Remember Rwanda's Genocide! by kristonium(m): 7:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
Nigeria,Remember Rwanda's Genocide!
As I read and watch helplessly several stories of election violence across the land I can not but remember the Genocide of Rwanda in 1994 when about a million Tutsi minority were killed by Hutu majority. For those of you who were too young to remember the details of the genocide or knew little about it,you can read it up here: http://history1900s.about.com/od/rwandangenocide/a/Rwanda-Genocide.htm. My worry is the fact that if nothing is done fast the nation Nigeria might be plunged to an endless crisis.The massacre of 1994 in Rwanda was accelerated by hate messages on airwave! What a sharp comparison to what is happening in Nigeria today. Virtually all media houses are playing some roles in promoting hate messages directly or indirectly. I wake up everyday to receive alerts of hate messages and campaigns on bbm,whatsapp,twitter,Facebook et al. The country is now largely divided across religious and ethnic divides.Politicians, also for selfish reasons keep fueling the amber of ethnic and religious sentiments.
Its no accident that President Obama had to send John Kerry to Nigeria to warn the two major gladiators to desist from politics of hate and calumny that may plunge the country into chaos.I wish to sincerely plead with all politicians not to plunder this nation on the platform of selfish ambition. Its also our collective responsibilities as citizens not to allow ourselves to be used to spread religious and ethnic hatred! We must conduct our campaign with sense of maturity! Let's engage one another on issues based politics and desist from divisive politics! Our media houses must refused to be used to spread election violence all for the sake of money! If this country must survive this challenging period,then its up to all of us!
Jesus said ,'Remember Lot's wife'.I also end by saying,Remember Rwanda's Genocide!
Let's do this for our children!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Remember Rwanda's Genocide! by MansaMoussa: 8:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
My brother! You are that lone voice in the Wilderness, warning Nigerians! But alas! Our Eyes are closed and our Ears blocked!
Re: Nigeria, Remember Rwanda's Genocide! by yakubuomowumi: 8:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
Continuity is the best thing for Nigeria and we know it but the powers that be are bent on bringing this nation to a halt,Obasanjo,Tinubu iBB,BUHARI and compamy , when they had their chance no one stopped them now they want goodluck to give up his ambition.
Re: Nigeria, Remember Rwanda's Genocide! by BrightEye(m): 8:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
Pls stop talking about that kind genocide, e dey scare me!
Re: Nigeria, Remember Rwanda's Genocide! by kristonium(m): 8:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
[quote author=BrightEye post=30160100]Pls stop talking about that kind genocide, e dey scare me![/quote
then we must intentionally avoid it through conscientious responsibilities devoid of politics of bigotry,ethnic and religious sentiment.
Re: Nigeria, Remember Rwanda's Genocide! by BrightEye(m): 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
[quote author=kristonium post=30160667][/quote]

Ok sir.

(1) (Reply)

9ice: Artiste Turned Politician Drops Big Shocker / What The World Says About Our Government / Ambode Visits The Family Of Late Lagos Business Mogul Chief Molade Thomas(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.