Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira (10479 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN) Imposes N1.00/per N1,00.0.00 Debit Transaction Fee / CBN Devalues Naira From 155 to168 , Raises Lending Rate to13% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by savesoul(m): 11:39pm On Dec 24, 2008
Make una Help me oooooo, i opened my mail this evening just to receive my pleasant xmas present from GTB. Those assh**s debited my hard earned cash of 155,000 naira, i have tried the customer care number several times, i don't know what to do ooooooo. and to make it more annoying the transaction took place at the head office!!!! I now have a very good reason to stop banking with those exalted animals. if i don't get my money as soon as possible, i will make sure at least 20 of their top staff make the deadline to heaven this year,. I need advice oooooo. angry angry angry
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by stockwise: 10:41am On Dec 25, 2008
embarassed that sounds very untrue,as much as banking industry is concern they are the most professional,though humans are imperfect
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by neowelsh(m): 10:44am On Dec 25, 2008
Sorry o0o0o so no christmas pant 4u. My advice for you is dat keep investing because GTB is d best
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by tEsLim(m): 5:19pm On Dec 25, 2008
Go to GTB office idiot! Its a seirous issue I've experienced this before. If you dont have proofs etc and alibi that it ain't you , you might even get apprehended yourself. lol , year for real. nigerian banks, you must have responded to some spam mails
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by savesoul(m): 8:42am On Dec 30, 2008
I am very sorry for replying late to this thread. My apologies , it was due to my running around on the matter.
i called GTConnect and told them about the problem , they told me to hold on till Monday and go to the nearest GTB bank to complain. When i got to GTB bank on Monday , i immediately lodged a complain on the issue, to my greatest surprise another 256,000 has just been transferred from my account that morning. I am just confused, sick, and weak. the bank told me they have to block my account with immediate effect. I don't even have funds to spend the new year with my peeps. Angry Angry. I still need advise from you guys, The money in my account is for my education, i have been saving to be able to travel next year to England to study, this is a big set back for me. please if any one can plz answer this questions
1. Can i get my money back?
2. How soon?
3. How can someone go into the bank and transfer money from my account without the use of ATM or Online banking?

I am confused Nairalanders, plz help me.I hope Seun puts this on the Homepage so i can get enough help and ideas
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by RichDad1(m): 12:57pm On Dec 30, 2008
Then this is not funny! angry angry
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 31, 2008
I feel your pain, Calm down, you will always get your money back if it is a fraud and not an ATM withdrawal, you will get it back

1. they should have a copy of the withdrawal slip if i was cash cllected which i doubt
2 if it was online transfer which i guess is, then they can track the movement of the cash and trust me, it's always very easy to get who the culprit is

You should have gone to the banking section rather than this joke section, residents here are joker and they can make a good joke out of you
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by showbobo(m): 10:26pm On Dec 31, 2008
Go sell your scripts to Wale Adenuga(Superstory). . . . . sounds so fabricated
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by bydot1(m): 9:36am On Jan 01, 2009
Tseeew undecided
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by bydot1(m): 9:37am On Jan 01, 2009
Tseeew undecided
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by sholabanke(m): 3:22pm On Jan 01, 2009
naaaaaaa
let know if this is true or not
cus i can help u track who ever did this
only if u hav a real proof that u are not fooling urself not us
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by bydot1(m): 1:11pm On Jan 02, 2009
Why does it took u so long to put together such words with ur OXFORD dico.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by Seun(m): 12:40am On Jan 03, 2009
Did you give someone your pin? Did you enter it on a phishing site? Please let us know the details.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by sholabanke(m): 12:42am On Jan 03, 2009
@seun
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by sholabanke(m): 12:43am On Jan 03, 2009
please dont mind this guy he is just playing wit us
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by dangerzone: 12:49am On Jan 03, 2009
meeeen,i think this guy is a fucking liar,i dont believe such can happen,do you know that nigerian banks r even getting stronger??no GTB jare.abi na wema bank you wan talk? shocked
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by osasp(m): 2:06am On Jan 03, 2009
sounds 2 me like he is serious
calm down,
if everything you are saying is true, d money will turn up
I understand how uncomfortable you are.
I'm not in Nigeria at the moment but from the responses above, I can tell GTB is a good bank so the money turning up shouldn't be a problem
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by baby123: 2:13am On Jan 03, 2009
dont worry guys my big bros works with the bank am going to confirm this , because GTB i know is a good bank .
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by Jascobee: 6:30am On Jan 03, 2009
Another Nollywood script.Oh boy,This ur lying spirit suppose don go with 2008 now.
They removed money from your account to what account?if on the counter,where is the withdrawal slip?if thru ATM,It must have been withdrawn in days and u didn't receive SMS alert?
If na ATM ERROR or the machine refused to disburse cash,we understand it's a common problem which has happened to me b4 with GT card and 1st bank ATM machine and they resolved it in 3 days.

Of all banks,na GTB u come mention.If u had mentioned UBA,i for try believe maybe na another WALE ADENUGA PRODUCTIONS,
Haba,naija don step up beyond that now, It's only possible in SAO TOME &PRINCIPE

IT'S TOO EARLY TO LIE THIS NEW YEAR O MY GUY
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by sunboy(m): 7:05am On Jan 03, 2009
I am pretty sure it'll be from your online banking if you use it because you might have either got spammed with the bank's spoofed email or you use cyber cafes. Another thing is that atm cards can be reproduced if someone know ur pin and ur card number so bank algos is generated. I always advice ppl to avoid online banking if you have no knowledge about spaming. Let me which categories you fall, if you use cyber cafes you might have login in your online banking account on a system with keylogger or if u dont then u must have logged in on the bank scam page you might have been spammed.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by sunboy(m): 7:08am On Jan 03, 2009
@porter The bank should be able to trace where the money was transfered if withdrawn then the person at counter who paid out will be held. Good luck o
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by gidig(m): 9:14am On Jan 03, 2009
I have been banking with GTBank for about five years now and I have othe accounts with FCMB and regretably, UBA. The only way the amount you claimed could have been withdrawn would be in an online transaction or the use of your cheques and a forged signature.Either way, the money will be traced to a certain account and there will be a face to it if was withdrawn from the counter. Cheque your cheque book,especially the leaves that are far away from the one in the front. someone could have pulled out one or two and since it is a personal account, shouldn't you have insisted in your manadte that third partywithdrawals like that should require your consent? If it was through an online transaction, whoever did it must have your secure code and all else about you.

In all my years of using GTbank for both persoanl and corporate baking, it is only with my ATM that I experinced this kind of withdrawals and it was reversed immediately complaint made.

I am very curious abotu your claim that your withdrawal took place at their head office. GTBank does not have a bank at the plural House that I know of-except that they just did recently. Their operations are broken all over the state. The IT section for instance is in Ikeja. Are you sure it is Head Office? Your story get as be small o. No offence.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by olofofo(m): 10:00am On Jan 03, 2009
I do not believe a word of your post, being a natural cynic.

if close to 400 grand of your money has been has gone missing from your account without your knowledge, posting it on nairaland will be the last thing on your mind. what do you think will happen? those that took it will read your post and transfer it back to your account or you just want to tarnish the good name that GTbank has made for themselves which millions of Nigerians like myself have come to respect.

so those that had access to your account info had access to email address and password as well? how could the transfer have been verified?

My brother, Please get real.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by lexicon(m): 10:02am On Jan 03, 2009
@nairalander, This is very true.

see what happened

my uncle called me at arround 11 pm on xmas day dat he has been  receiving some debit alert from GTB(10 debit alert, 5 of N20000 each and 5 of N100 each). we went and check his bank acct balance and discovered dat N100000 is missing from his account .we quikly change his pin dat nyt, because if we dont, they will wait till 12pm and continue to collect.the following morning when we checked the transaction history, we discovered that the money was collected with an ATM card from IBPLC machine . please Nairalander, lets be changing our pin as often as possible. This is real
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by lexicon(m): 10:08am On Jan 03, 2009
olofofo:

I do not believe a word of your post, being a natural cynic.

if close to 400 grand of your money has been has gone missing from your account without your knowledge, posting it on nairaland will be the last thing on your mind. what do you think will happen? those that took it will read your post and transfer it back to your account or you just want to tarnish the good name that GTbank has made for themselves which millions of Nigerians like myself have come to respect.

so those that had access to your account info had access to email address and password as well? how could the transfer have been verified?

My brother, Please get real.

No body is trying to tarnish any bank's immage here. its just for others to learn a lesson and be xtra careful with our pin. ATM can be duplicated ! i have 3 bank account with GTB( 1 current, 1 savings and 1 domi) and dat does'nt mean i will close my account with dem.only that i will xtra careful .
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by olofofo(m): 10:10am On Jan 03, 2009
@all

we really need to be careful in this era of banks spreading false rumors against themselves. this might just be one of them.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by lexicon(m): 10:20am On Jan 03, 2009
Honestly this is not a false rumor, and i am charging this scam againts the bank. it might be the hand work of these soo called YAHOO YAHOO boys. trust me ! sad
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by olofofo(m): 10:34am On Jan 03, 2009
I hear you loud and clear.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by Sonye(f): 11:51am On Jan 03, 2009
i am sure its just a mistake. call the bank and they will sort it out for you. not so much of the kinda xmas anyone will wish for.
One time, my sister saw a credit of 2.5million but was corrected the next working day when she called them.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by bodsibobo(m): 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2009
@Sonye

Credit of 2.5m, and no temptation whatsoever. Your sister must be a genuine born again christian/muslim.

@Poster

But like someone asked, why would your first point of call be nairaland, even before getting to the bank to sort things out? That's kind of silly if you ask me! And calling the bank all sort of names at that too without first verifying anything with them, haba!
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by earthrealm(m): 1:04pm On Jan 03, 2009
ok @ poster,
post ur acct name n details,
if ur story is true,
will confirm that
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by banom(m): 1:38pm On Jan 03, 2009
nairaland is made up of many negative people, what do some of you know about ICT ? the poster simply posted his post for a good advice on what he should do, and some of you have just concluded that he is not saying the truth, what proof do you have to know if it is true or not, always say something you can prove with facts not what you think something is, if you dont know what to say you simply dont say anything,

@poster
As far as i know, there are many fraudulent ways fund can be removed from someones account without his consent, even if it is( BANK OF AMERICA), But nairaland will not refund the money back to you or even tell you for sure what exactly went wrong, The best you should do is to go to your Bank and complain, the bank will have the electronic details of the transactions, with that, they can trace what realy happened and the solution,

I personaly advice you to stop making the issue public as it may be a scam , so that who ever that did it will not notice what is going on. Good Luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why An Online Business Is The Best Home Business To Make You Rich / How Safe Is Lets Partner With You Ltd / Does Moneybookers Accept Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.