Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,420 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira (10478 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN) Imposes N1.00/per N1,00.0.00 Debit Transaction Fee / CBN Devalues Naira From 155 to168 , Raises Lending Rate to13% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by skipo87(m): 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2009
Abi criminal talk say na savesoul send am?
Mayb savesoul was also apprehended for being an accomplice. Strange things happen these days. I won't be too surprised to see a dude stealing his own hard earned cash. Lol
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by cgift(m): 9:07am On Jan 18, 2009
skipo87:

Abi criminal talk say na savesoul send am?
Mayb savesoul was also apprehended for being an accomplice. Strange things happen these days. I won't be too surprised to see a dude stealing his own hard earned cash. Lol

Lol! you are so funny and mean! haha!
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by showbobo(m): 10:26pm On Jan 18, 2009
I guess something is wrong with the poster sad sad sad been a while we heard from him
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by Sapphic: 6:04am On Jan 22, 2009
savesoul:

Nairalanders,
Thanks for your Advise and support, and for those of you that doubted me , i pray the same thing happen to you.

I got a call from the GTB Head Office this morning that the Criminal has been apprehended. i am dressed up now to go to the GTB head office, but i wanted to inform you guys about proceedings, i hope everything go well. i will be back by evening.

One more thing I will make sure i get a picture of the criminal and put it on nairaland grin grin grin so we can all see his ugly face.

Almost two weeks later, but still no feedback. Abi you don forget say people dey wait for the outcome? LOL. tongue undecided Well, i hope it all turned out well for you sha and I hope the money has been (or is being) refunded to your account.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by olofofo(m): 8:58am On Jan 23, 2009
this thread is off the front page. Please beg Suen to put it back. i real want to know how this story ends.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by surveycash(m): 2:27am On Feb 28, 2009
I have painstakenly gone through all the comments. Hmmmmmmmmn. I am surprised that most commentators took the claim ridiculous. My question is "How Do These Yahoo boys (YB) make Withdrawals from BANK OF AMERICA?"

If they can break into a bank as big as that, then why can't they break into CBN? These guys have started diverting their fraud to the NIgerian community. Maga No Pay shout Halleluya. In fact, some of them have resorted to am robbery am sure.

The only way those withdrawals would have been possible is through ATM. I am a web analsyt and I can tell to an extent if a site is scam or not. Recently, there has been a mail from interswitch to update your ATM Details. When you click on that link, you will be redircted to their scam site. Once you fill the details and hit the SUBMIT button, it goes into their e-mail. This is stage 1

Oyinbo to se pencil, lo serasa. In stage 2, they will collate all these details and start writing cards possibly. I mean make duplicates of the cards whose details they have siphoned into their bloody calabash of fraud. Abi? No be machine write those ATM cards? What about if they have possession of such card writers? Dont be fooled. One ATM can be duplicated & replicated.

In stage 3, they start the withdrawal process using ATMs of course. Abi the money no go komot when the PIN dey kanpe?

The solution to this are (on your part)
Dont give ur card even to your friend
Keep you PIN well well
Update/Change PIN regularly
Dont repeating digit PIN e.g 1111,5555,8888 etc
Lodge complains immediately you suspect any funny withdrawals

The solution to this are (on bank's part)
Confirm complains by the plaintiff. lol
Trace the ATMs from which withdrawals were made
Use the camera to monitor & snap a pix- They may use mask/faze cap
Mount CID agents around susceptible ATMs with culprits pix.

Am sleepy now. On a final note, pls NL, don't condole any iota of fraud/corruption. DOnt pity any YB. Secretly report to the appropriate authority.

If you are a YB and you are reading this post, CHANGE NOW else your end will be edun arinle. You can't be a causative agent of sorrow and be free. Is FIRE ever COLD? Think and DESIST or else GOD go punish you this time BIG TIME.

HHHMMMMMMMM

Shikenan
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by NaijaEcash(m): 1:08pm On Mar 22, 2010
Here is my advice even though some may consider it an epistle from the stone age!
1. Tell your banker you don't want all your accounts tied up in an ATM card. Any account containing huge fund should be detached from ATM.
2. Only keep an amount of money you are willing to loose in the account that is attached to ATM. cheesy
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by mobileincome(m): 11:03am On Dec 17, 2014
I have banked with Gtb I don't know how long, I did not experience this until this year where my money was removed. However, it was obvious a scam, my ATM was hacked somehow because I use it more online than offline, my money was used to make purchases on various sites before I could act, I had to block the ATM card and request a new one.

This could be what happened to you, because most transaction that originates from pos like ATM online is shown as originating from head office.

Sorry about your loss if it's true, I don't think Gtb is liable for this as your ATM may have been compromised.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why An Online Business Is The Best Home Business To Make You Rich / How Safe Is Lets Partner With You Ltd / Does Moneybookers Accept Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.