Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,793 members, 7,827,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira (10482 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN) Imposes N1.00/per N1,00.0.00 Debit Transaction Fee / CBN Devalues Naira From 155 to168 , Raises Lending Rate to13% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by savesoul(m): 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2009
atilla:

bros sorry to hear, if ur very sure that u didnt reply to  ATM scam and from ur last post I'm guessing someone must have done transfer at the bank itself to another GTB account, its possible ur signature is very easy to copy and someone impersonated u. Jusr calm dow i think u will get the money in the end.

PLEASE  let us know how it goes

Impersonate? Unless the idiot did plastic surgery!
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by otoidea(m): 3:12am On Jan 05, 2009
na wa o, tins are happenin

flight ticket lol

thers sumthin about those notifications tht dont look right, . hmm
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by Nimshi: 9:28am On Jan 05, 2009
savesoul:

a) Where's your GTBank account 'located', i.e., your primary branch? 

Ogbomosho

b) Do you have an account officer? Yes/No.

Yes

c) What's the narration for the N155,000 debit? (see "Remarks" in the GeNS notification)

Transaction Notification
==========================
Account Number             : ***-*****-*-**-*
Transaction Location       : PLURAL HOUSE
Description                : TRANSFER BETWEEN CUSTOMERS
Amount                     : 155,000.00 Naira
Value Date                 : 23-DEC-2008
Remarks                    : TRF FROM ******** TO ADEMILUYI
Time Of Transaction        : 02:01:12 PM

d) What's the narration of the N256,000 debit? (see"Remarks" in the GeNS notification)

Transaction Notification
==========================
Account Number             : ***-*****-*-**-* 
Transaction Location       : PLURAL HOUSE
Description                : TRANSFER BETWEEN CUSTOMERS
Amount                     : 256,000.00 Naira
Value Date                 : 29-DEC-2008
Remarks                    : TRF FROM ********  TO SANGOKEYE GBENGA (PAYMENT FOR FLIGHT TICKET)
Time Of Transaction        : 10:55:27 AM

g) Were both debits from your current account, or your savings account?

Savings Account ( My Hard earned savings  angry angry )

e) What's the "Translation Location" and "Description" of the N155,000 debit?
f) What's the "Translation Location" and "Description"of the N256,000 debit?

Both Debits took place at Plural House ( GTB Head Office )

Make una Help me oooooooooo

Based on the details you have supplied, we could make the following conclusions:

1)       The transfers were effected from GTBank Head Offcie at Plural House
2)       No, no one has forged your signature via a cheque for these transactions, you could rest easy on that.
3)       No, no one has hacked into your online bank account for these transactions; you could rest easy on that.
4)       The implication of the above is that your claim of an unauthorised transaction on your account now carries a very heavy weight. It will be very difficult (read: almost impossible) to prove that you made the transaction or that you had anything to do with the transaction; this is very important.

There may be other questions based on how this proceeds, but this is what I will recommend you do asap:

1)       Make a call to your account officer at your primary branch; ask them to block your account immediately until all this is sorted out.
2)       If you are anywhere near your primary GTBank branch, go right there with printed copies of the transaction notifications.
3)       If you’re not near your primary branch, no problem; go to the nearest GTBank branch to you with printed copies of the above.
4)       Make sure you have on you adequate identification as the account owner (this is not really necessary; your name and presence should do)
5)       Ask to speak with the operations manager wherever you are; if at your primary branch, your account officer should be your first contact; if your account officer is unavailable, then you ask to speak with the operations manager.
6)       Here: it’s quite certain that when you present the details of the transactions, and after they access your account to view the narration, they would either contact Plural House and kick off the process of refunding your money (provided the essential details of this matter are not beyond what you’ve provided here).
7)       *** Note1: It may be difficult, but try not to sound angry; some sadness is fine, but anger isn’t. also: make sure you don’t shout; this is important. Don’t do anything to attract attention in the banking hall; if you’re getting worked-up, take a breathe deeply; make sure you don’t blow up.
8')       *** Ask for the business card of anyone you talk to. If they don’t have one, ask for their full names; don’t forget. Confirm from them their GTBank email address. Don’t forget.
9)       Bonus info: ask the GTBank people to confirm that Sangokeye Gbenga and Ademiluyi are GTBank account holders.

A few notes: this appears to be straightforward based on the transaction details; your money will soon be with you. And remember: don’t surrender your account details to anyone online. If this matter isn’t sorted, or if you do not receive the assurance that your money will be refunded, then report back here; the next stage of recovery will be activated. But knowing the good GTBank people, I’m close to being certain your money will be refunded with apologies.

Cheers.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by adewale78(m): 11:02am On Jan 05, 2009
There might be a problem with your account ,i will advise you to still notify the customer care and let them know about this.
On the other hand you should be weary about all the emails that will flood your email box pretending to be from GTB and they will ask you to change your address and also type your PIN number which they will used to withdrawn your hard earned money. embarassed My advise is that GTB will not send you any mail asking you to change your address and also asking for your PIN number too,if you see any thing relating to that ignore those mail and carry on with your activities. wink
Gtb is one of the best bank in nigeria that i am using and they are safe in you are very careful with your details online
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by adewale78(m): 11:17am On Jan 05, 2009
There might be a problem with your account ,i will advise you to still notify the customer care and let them know about this.
 On the other hand you should be weary about all the emails that will flood your email box pretending to be from GTB and they will ask you to change your address and also type your PIN number which they will used to withdrawn your hard earned money. embarassed My advise is that GTB will not send you any mail asking you to change your address and also asking for your PIN number too,if you see any thing relating to that ignore those mail and carry on with your activities. wink
 Gtb is one of the best bank in nigeria that i am using and they are safe in you are very careful with your details online
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by scottN(m): 11:34am On Jan 05, 2009
A colleague of mine encountered the same prob as well. He has a current acct with GTB. I learnt that there's some sort of charges banks make on withdrawals. However, I wouldn't know if this is the case here but why would a bank carry out a debit trxn on acct only 2 credit it l8r?
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by azeezbaba(m): 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2009
Let me start by saying GTB remains the best bank in Nigeria (undebatable) but that is not to say that there system is perfect. I think the Management of GT should do somthin and they should do it fast. I have read through this thread and i see that GT is the most compromised bank in terms of ATM fraud.

Just last week a friend of mine got T-Alerts of withdrawals he did not make but i dont want to go into the details cos as am speaking the money has been refunded.

I think they should do sometin quickly about their internet banking which i think dey have done wit the introduction of the "TOKEN" for their internet banking.

@ Savesoul,

I wish u best of luck. e no easy to lose that kind of money wit our economic situation.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2009
it is sad and believable because some 4 years back, i had withdrawals of N5,000 from my account from three different persons in a single month, that i never authorized and never gave out a cheque for. found out in my statement 2 months later. i have given up trying to figure out how they faked GTB cheques then, but they did make withdrawals GTB is not ready to refund.

I guess this is another dimension. just go through the headache and sit on some account officer or branch manager, because this kind of money is not something you joke with.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by etauso(m): 10:55pm On Jan 05, 2009
@ SAVESOUL - Guess u use a Gmail account
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by etauso(m): 10:59pm On Jan 05, 2009
@ SAVESOUL - Guess u use a Gmail account
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by mrofficial(m): 9:59am On Jan 06, 2009
What has Gmail got to do with this? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by iamok: 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2009
@NimShi, weldone. A good advice. @Savesoul wish u all da best
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by iamok: 5:44pm On Jan 06, 2009
@NimShi, weldone. A good advice. @Savesoul wish u all da best
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by etauso(m): 10:54pm On Jan 06, 2009
@ Mr.Official - I know what am talking about dude.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by Galad4eva(m): 1:40pm On Jan 07, 2009
This is quite pathetic, for one to loose his or her hard earn money in this manner. I guess we should all learn from this. I think we shud try as much as possible to change our password every 2 to 3 days, because this scammers are becomin more sometin else.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by HorneyChic(f): 8:24pm On Jan 07, 2009
I'm hoping this has been sorted out now. If it hasn't and u want the EFCC to come in, holla at me.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by mrofficial(m): 8:58pm On Jan 07, 2009
@etauso Gmail has nothing to do with this.

@HorneyChic What would EFCC do?
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by etauso(m): 11:55pm On Jan 07, 2009
@ Mr. Official, Just Shut Up
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by MIMIPAM: 1:57pm On Jan 08, 2009
oh my dear friend, the fact remains that gtb is the the real bank,you know y? no matter what the situation is,they are always there to make thier customers happy.the debit you are talking about could be a mistake which i know for sure that gtb wil help you rectify.if they are delaying on it,that dosen't mean they are bad,all you need do is keep meeting their customer sevice for thier assistance.and pls ,stop painting the bank black.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by HorneyChic(f): 8:57pm On Jan 08, 2009
@Mr official,
Find out the full meaning of EFCC. This surely is an economic crime.
Its simple enough, it ain't rocket science.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by savesoul(m): 10:26am On Jan 09, 2009
Nairalanders,
Thanks for your Advise and support, and for those of you that doubted me , i pray the same thing happen to you.

I got a call from the GTB Head Office this morning that the Criminal has been apprehended. i am dressed up now to go to the GTB head office, but i wanted to inform you guys about proceedings, i hope everything go well. i will be back by evening.

One more thing I will make sure i get a picture of the criminal and put it on nairaland grin grin grin so we can all see his ugly face.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by savesoul(m): 11:07am On Jan 09, 2009
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by mrofficial(m): 11:10am On Jan 09, 2009
HorneyChic:

@Mr official,
Find out the full meaning of EFCC. This surely is an economic crime.
Its simple enough, it ain't rocket science.
did i say i do not know the full meaning of EFCC?
anyways, I'll like to see the face of the thief.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by HorneyChic(f): 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2009
@ Poster thank God. I faith 100percent faith in GT bank
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by Nimshi: 10:19am On Jan 11, 2009
savesoul:

Nairalanders,
Thanks for your Advise and support, and for those of you that doubted me , i pray the same thing happen to you.

I got a call from the GTB Head Office this morning that the Criminal has been apprehended. i am dressed up now to go to the GTB head office, but i wanted to inform you guys about proceedings, i hope everything go well. i will be back by evening.

One more thing I will make sure i get a picture of the criminal and put it on nairaland grin grin grin so we can all see his ugly face

It's good to know the issue is about sorted; but we need to get to learn from this. savesoul: you could help out with the details.

1) Is the fellow a GTBank member of staff? If yes, which Branch? The Head Office?
2) How was the fellow apprehended? Did the police get involved?
3) The unauthorised transfers from your account were made to two names; I had opined that these two names must be GTBank accounts; could you confirm this?

Cheers.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by inze(m): 10:42am On Jan 13, 2009
savesoul:

Nairalanders,

One more thing I will make sure i get a picture of the criminal and put it on nairaland grin grin grin so we can all see his ugly face.

you never still come back,
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by showbobo(m): 1:33am On Jan 14, 2009
Thats great news. . . . . I am waiting to hear the gist jare smiley wink
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by okiyi: 6:58pm On Jan 14, 2009
I think just like someone said,it is the handwork of these yahoo boys.Altough i dont know d kinda fellow he is and might have tried to involve himself in some fraudulent activities, probably,nemesis has caught up with him and at the same time the story could be true cos something similar happened to me not too long ago although d money 'debited' wasnt much.I made a withdrawal through the atm of Bleep amount and immediately after,i made an inquiry on my account balance.sometime later,i wanted towithdraw from this same gt bank account and discovered that my balance was short of about 200 naira, small money you would say but imagine dat this same thing is done to all other gt bank account holders in Nigeria and outside.try to phatom wot the 'profit' would accrue to, ;, Wot i actually dont understand is that could it be the much glorified 'GT BANK'dat is responsible or some crazy ass fraudsters.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by seyibrown(f): 3:00am On Jan 15, 2009
I won't be surprised if a member of staff was involved in this 'Customer-unathorised money movements'  grin.

If una hear some of the runs wey bank staff dey do sometimes, you go wan dey keep your money inside your matress.  I get friend wey him 7 years savings waka comot from him account. Small time, account manager dey talk say him borrow the money, say him go return am, e no tay wey the account manager take disappear.

I hope you get your money back.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by Nimshi: 4:26am On Jan 16, 2009
savesoul:

you'll hopefully return to give a report about what went down in Lagos.

First: it's a surprise you had to physically go to Lagos; your account coul've been credited with the missing funds, and you could've requested the details of the fraud to arm you against such recurring, in case you could've prevented it.

It'll be interesting to know if this was a job hatched by a corrupt member of staff of the bank.

Any unauthorised debits from your account must be investigated.

Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by JazzFreak(m): 9:56am On Jan 16, 2009
Savesoul, update us na We dey wait impatiently angry
Habi, you've been held by the bank.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by lekany2k: 12:52pm On Jan 16, 2009
Savesoul,
Have'nt you back since?,whats d problem.Let us know the update or have u been arrested too?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fraser Suites Abuja Wins World Travel Awards As " 2019 Best Service Apartments" / 5 Reasons Why An Online Business Is The Best Home Business To Make You Rich / Does Moneybookers Accept Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.