Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling (6504 Views)

Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) / Alternative Building Construction Technology (compressed Earth Building) / ALTERNATIVE BUILDING TECHNIQUE FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by FastShipping: 5:02am On Jan 27, 2015
I have been wondering if we have artisans who specialize in using plasterboards/gypsum boards/sheet-rocks for wall paneling in Nigeria. I am just not impressed with the way we plaster our walls with sand mixed with cement. There must be other ways or alternatives to the ways we do our walls in Nigeria. The construction world is evolving and artisans in Nigeria need to follow the modern trend too. I don't want a situation where I want to hang portraits or calendar on my wall and I have to get a nail hit with an harmer on my wall. I want a situation where I can just pick a tack pin and just press it into my plasterboard to hang my portraits.

That brings me to ask: Are there other alternatives to sand and cement plastered wall?

Pictures below should give you ideas of what I want to do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by FastShipping: 5:04am On Jan 27, 2015
More pictures

Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by mufutau55(m): 5:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
FastShipping:
I have been wondering if we have artisans who specialize in using plasterboards/gypsum boards/sheet-rocks for wall paneling in Nigeria. I am just not impressed with the way we plaster our walls with sand mixed with cement. There must be other ways or alternatives to the ways we do our walls in Nigeria. The construction world is evolving and artisans in Nigeria need to follow the modern trend too. I don't want a situation where I want to hang portraits or calendar on my wall and I have to get a nail hit with an harmer on my wall. I want a situation where I can just pick a tack pin and just press it into my plasterboard to hang my portraits.

That brings me to ask: Are there other alternatives to sand and cement plastered wall?

Pictures below should give you ideas of what I want to do.

Yes. We do have them here in Nigeria too.. how affordable, I don't know... I will dig out a recent post by Dominionng doing the same.
It's a very good alternative to all those blocks we use in internal partitions and formations... Very good alternatives.

Edited:
https://www.nairaland.com/2113514/false-ceiling-galvanized-steel-cladding

Hajji M.
Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by FastShipping: 6:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
Wow! This is nice to know. I just went through the thread. I have to give him a call soon.
Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by mufutau55(m): 11:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
FastShipping:
Wow! This is nice to know. I just went through the thread. I have to give him a call soon.

Also see middle of this thread (Page 6 middle) for another contractor doing same.

https://www.nairaland.com/1522743/new-dimension-nigerian-architecture-construction/6#1522743.220

Hajji M.
Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by Dominionng(m): 4:12am On Jan 28, 2015
mufutau55:

Yes. We do have them here in Nigeria too.. how affordable, I don't know... I will dig out a recent post by Dominionng doing the same.
It's a very good alternative to all those blocks we use in internal partitions and formations... Very good alternatives.

Edited:

Hajji M.

Thanks for the mention Sir. I'm presently compiling pictures and links to create an explanatory thread on dry walls, I believe this thread will spur me to snap things up.
Meanwhile, below is a TV protrusion we are creating for a Nairalander.

Regards...
Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by Dominionng(m): 4:13am On Jan 28, 2015
Concept.

Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by Dominionng(m): 4:19am On Jan 28, 2015
Before..

Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by Dominionng(m): 4:32am On Jan 28, 2015
Ongoing...

Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by Dominionng(m): 4:41am On Jan 28, 2015
Will post pictures when it's all set.

Regards...
Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by FastShipping: 2:43pm On Jan 28, 2015
Dominionng:
Will post pictures when it's all set.

Regards...

Waiting for the pictures.
Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by Dominionng(m): 9:02am On Jan 31, 2015
Almost...

Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by FastShipping: 1:42pm On Jan 31, 2015
^^^^

Good job. I am already following you and should be contacting you soon.
Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by Dominionng(m): 1:23pm On Mar 01, 2015

Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by FastShipping: 5:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
You are indeed good at your job.
Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by seunEsq(m): 8:34am On Mar 12, 2015
Can this be used for internal walls
Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by Dominionng(m): 9:03am On Mar 12, 2015
seunEsq:
Can this be used for internal walls

Positive.

Regards....
Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
Prices please.

Please don't ask me to call you.
Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by FastShipping: 12:10am On Apr 27, 2015
CityNG:
Prices please.

Please don't ask me to call you.

I just PM'd you.

Are you still in Nigeria? Could you please help me check some glazed porcelain, travertine, and polished tiles in Lagos and their prices? I don't want anything China. I need something different like the ones shown below or something close those shown.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 27, 2015
FastShipping:

I just PM'd you.

Are you still in Nigeria? Could you please help me check some glazed porcelain, travertine, and polished tiles in Lagos and their prices? I don't want anything China. I need something different like the ones shown below or something close those shown.

Thanks in advance.

I didn't get the PM, please resend.

I left Nigeria a month ago (I miss that confusing, hectic, insane country like mad sad ).

I wouldn't have been able to help anyways as I hate Lagos with a passion and I flee from there as soon as land and only go their to fly out.

If United offers a Houston to Ibadan flight I shall never step foot in Lagos ever again.

Let's know what you find. So far it's shape up to look like I'll be bringing stuff over from UK instead of US for ease and cheaper shipping. Except for the actual toilets which has to be US style. They have iKea in UK which is a freaking blessing for me.
Re: Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling by FastShipping: 12:37am On Apr 27, 2015
CityNG:

I didn't get the PM, please resend.

I left Nigeria a month ago (I miss that confusing, hectic, insane country like mad sad ).

I wouldn't have been able to help anyways as I hate Lagos with a passion and I flee from there as soon as land and only go their to fly out.

If United offers a Houston to Ibadan flight I shall never step foot in Lagos ever again.

Let's know what you find. So far it's shape up to look like I'll be bringing stuff over from UK instead of US for ease and cheaper shipping. Except for the actual toilets which has to be US style. They have iKea in UK which is a freaking blessing for me.

Lagos is a no-no for me too. My project is not anywhere in Lagos at all. I can't live in Lagos on a four week vacation in a year not to talk of a whole year.

I am set to buy everything here for my project but some friends who have been running their mouths that tiles I like are sold in Lagos haven't been able to show me a single tile that I like. They promised to go to the market to show me what Lagos has to offer when it comes to floor tiles but haven't done so. I went to Home Depot and Lowes few times in the last few weeks and there are good deals there but my only concern is how to move tiles in pallets. There is no way to move those tiles in pallets without a pallet jack or forklift. Moving tiles in pallets by hands is recipe for disaster when they get to Lagos. I will keep trying until someone able to show me something I like or else I will do all my things from here.

As for U.K, materials are too expensive there. I checked them out and I had to run away from their sites. Imagine a toilet set for 250- 400 pounds. That's without tax.

(1) (Reply)

David Cries Out New 800 Million House Flooded With Water / Lekki Free Trade Zone (ftz) / How Much Is Plot Of Land In sango-ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.