Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo (17027 Views)

Jonathan Was Never Committed To Defeating Boko Haram – Osinbajo / Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash / T-72 Tanks Used By The Military To Destroy Boko Haram (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Henrolla(m): 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2015
why not him?...what will he b doing as the vice?
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by ylaa(f): 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2015
AT 70HE CAN'T RUN, SO HOW WILL HE FIGHT BOKO HARAM? ABEG MAKE HIM GO SIDDON. BOKO HARAM NO BE CHILDS PLAY
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by skak(m): 1:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
TO ALL REASONABLE NIGERIANS: If Buhari was pictured attending a mosque, and it was reported that the Imam said 'he would open the gates to hell upon those who oppose Buhari', and Buhari sat there and said nothing, what do you think many people would be saying today?

If Buhari was pictured going to different mosques and kneeling before Imams, as part of his campaign, what do we think the comments would be?

If Buhari was pictured going on pilgrimage to Mecca, surrounded by a retinue of fawning Imams, what would the response be from Nigerians?

If Buhari invited senior Imams from across the country to a meeting with him, to discuss the elections and his campaign strategy, what would the Nigerian people think?

GEJ has done all the above, and we are told he has a right to do so as a committed christian. Buhari has done none of the above yet he is called a religious fundamentalist with a plan to turn Nigeria into an Islamic nation.

Please examine the facts so we can honestly decide who is acting like the real religious fundamentalist? Who is using religious faith as a political ploy to get votes?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by ChynoBEATS: 1:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
sucess001:

before you talk of tinubu....wat about alams...that ur oga pardoned?
afterall tinubu was not convicted anywhere...

Alams was pardoned I know that .... It wasn't jonathan's idea..... It Was the entire. South east idea....

Tinubu has never been convicted becos he has held. Lagos for. Ransome.. Jst wait Let Agbaje win lagos n we'lll see if theif-nubu won't loose 90% Of all his entire stolen wealth

GEJ. Forever

TeamAGBAJE2015.

cool
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by seguntijan(m): 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
This is a message from the APC Presidential
Candidate Gen. Buhari "Fellow Nigerian, People
accuse me of many things. But one thing they
never accuse me of is corruption. They never
accuse me of mediocrity, or of lying. People
accuse me of many things. I have led this country
and I have a record. We were not perfect, but we
were effective; we solved problems, and we made
Nigerians proud. In our government, we fought
corruption, we stabilised the Naira, and we shut
down insurgencies. We shouldn't forget so soon
that there was the Maitatsine ravaging the North
east and we dealt with it. We also overran the
Chadian rebels.We rebuilt industries, Nigerians
queued up and treated each other with respect;
Nigerians took pride in our reputation for
discipline. The world admired us. We were proud
to be Nigerians. However, because they can't
attack our record, they accuse me falsely of
ethnic jingoism; they accuse me falsely of
religious fundamentalism. Because they cannot
attack our record, they accuse us falsely of
calling for election violence - when we have only
insisted on peace. Even as Head of State, we
never imposed Shariah. All my running mates have
been either Igbo or Yoruba and are always devout
Christian of indisputable repute. I have and will
continue to condemn those who burn God's places
of worship, be they churches or mosques and wish
God's judgment upon them. As your President,
their punishment won't stop there, we will also
ensure Boko Haram and other such elements, are
found, are arrested and face the full wrath of the
law as punishment for their crimes against our
country. My dear friends, this is very important to
note: It doesn’t matter if you are Igbo,Yoruba,
Ijaw, Hausa, Idoma, Efik, Ekwere, Urhobo, Igala
and, no, it does not matter if you are Christian,
Muslim,animist or atheist: we need a new
direction under a new leadership. The task ahead
will be challenging and daunting, but it is
surmountable. This is what leadership is about.
My only desire is to prove to you that Nigeria can
truly work. Allow me prove to you that in your
lifetime, you can be proud of this country. Let me
make you this promise today: We will protect your
children. We will protect your wealth. We will
make this country work again. This is why I am
running for the office of the president of Nigeria.
This is my promise." - Muhammadu Buhari
(GCFR). Let's spread this simple message of hope
and truth. Help translate it to all our indigenous
languages, let's all obtain our PVC, pray for
peace, go out on the 14th of FeBuhari, 2015 to
vote for a change that will bring true liberation to
Nigeria and all Nigerians. This is our civic
responsibility. Thank you and God bless

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2015
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) will lead the military to the North-East to fight the Boko Haram insurgents if voted into power on February 14, his running mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN), said on Monday.

A man who could barely climb the stairs of a podium during his campaign in Calabar will lead the military to fight boko haram? Joke of the century grin

He also explained how the APC-led government would rescue the over 200 female students of Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State, seized since April 14 2014; equip the military and give the country a sense of protection.

Which girls? The girls buhari's foot soldiers have used as suicide bombers? Sorry old man...try again embarassed

You cannot lead from the rear. You cannot fail to go to where the insurgency is taking place and that is what Buhari has been saying.

When GEJ appointed Ihejirika as COAS, he went to Borno and physically camped with the soldiers and there was a resounding positive result from many arrests and termination of the BH insurgents but what happened? The Arewa Group aka Buhari's cousins including buhari himself cried blue murder that Ihejirika a "nyamiri soldier" is killing their brothers and should be dragged to the International Court of Justice in the Hague for war crimes angry angry

See http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/northern-elders-drag-ihejirika-6-others-icc-bama-deaths/ for proof cool

“We need to look at the whole question of funding and equipping the military. The military at the moment is not equipped. I worked with Femi Falana on the mutiny of some solders and what is the complaint of those soldiers who were charged with mutiny? Their complaint is that they were not given equipment and they wanted them to go to battle. So, how do you say that? How does anybody think that you can fight the insurgents without ammunitions?”

Please what weapon is this soldier carrying on his hand? A dane gun

And this soldier below? A walking stick?

You do not point to the opposition and say it is the opposition that is sponsoring it until General Buhari almost lost his life when Boko Haram attacked him.

Who does not know that the general was the one who plotted his attack? Mtcheww!! tongue

The APC vice presidential candidate said that there would be no hiding place for perpetrators of graft as the country’s laws that forbid looting of public treasury would be activated.

Tell your oga to start by asking Tinubu what he did with the billions he stole from Lagos cheesy cheesy

He re-echoed the party’s earlier promise that the Buhari-led government would place jobless and poor Nigerians on monthly stipends of N5,000 and N7,000 respectively.

You said you will create jobs for the jobless youth and at the same time give the same jobless youth monthly stipends? YOU MUST BE CONFUSED OLD MAN! wink

#GEJfor2015

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by demelza: 1:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
hotgunz:
wen u turned ursef to professor of English we also knew u exist, let every1 express dere mind s freedom of speech and dere megabit nt ur.
Speak English and write properly when you quote me kiddo.
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
saintvc:
Can buhari handle a gun at this age
Yes. Buhari specialized in combat, unlike Obasanjo who specialized in engineering.
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Dewze(m): 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
Nigerians should know that the fight with BH is not a conventional war fair.
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by dealslip(f): 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
If you are not from the north, please leave there before Febuary 14, 2015. If Buhari should mistakenly lose whether by rigging or free and fair election, you will be the first casualty, whether you voted Buhari or not. The corpers that died in 2011 are enough examples. If you are not a Niger Deltan, leave that place before February 14. They have been promising hell if Jonathan doesn't return. Nigerians be wise. Do not waste your life on politicians, because not one of them will lose their lives in the coming election. The soldiers and police Meant to secure your lives are attached to each of them in dozens. Jonathan nor Buhari is a magician. Corruption can only be wiped out by you. If you work in the civil services don't help to manipulate figures or systems or taxes and report to work early. Don't give police and FRSC bribes for circumventing the laws. Don't steal from your office till, do not cheat your fellow man. Do not demand money or contracts from politician in exchange for votes. Reject gifts from them. The cumulation of this vices is what is called corruption. Nigeria wil change if we change because APC is PDP and PDP is APC, there is no change in that.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Nely77(m): 1:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
Is Osinbajo the spokesperson to Buhari? I hardly hear GMB tell Nigerians what he is going to do except to fight corruption. (Mind you GMB seems corruption-free because he covered his ass well and executed/silenced those that would have opened his ass up). I think Osinbajo is only speaking his own mind which will not count as a vice president. GMB has his hidden agenda for the country. Events will unfold when GMB finally finds his way to Aso rock. Then, Nigerians will see the reality.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by kuzee(m): 1:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
by the time book haram stop terrorizing dis country..
then you will know that he is one of sponsors..
the 2 candidate aint fit to rule this country at all..Zambia ran out a successful election..
but let see what become of naija..

Instead of our country to develop,
we are underdeveloping..

We need a change..
Say no Buhari..her daughter who cant even spell fourth..diaris God oo
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Solupeace: 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
Buhari was unable to safeguard his seat as a military dictator and was shamelessly overthrown. How can he then protect Nigeria,much less fight Boko haram.

NONSENSE!
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by ChynoBEATS: 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
seguntijan:
This is a message from the APC Presidential
Candidate Gen. Buhari "Fellow Nigerian, People
accuse me of many things. But one thing they
never accuse me of is corruption. They never
accuse me of mediocrity, or of lying. People
accuse me of many things. I have led this country
and I have a record.

Oga... U drink pap ni??... Dint you watch the. Documentary aired on Ait n. NTA last. Night...... Abi u tink say na Said balogun direct am ni??...... Ogbeni those things weren't Formed........

Boo-hari is a pure lier n a pure jihadist ...

Tufia.......

That half fulani niqqar is Corrupt.....

Stop being blind jare ......

abi Apc dey pay u. Ni.
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by iffydave: 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
The blood of this woman will continue to hurt you

BOKO-HARI

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Henrypraise: 1:30pm On Jan 27, 2015
mekaboy:
APC just making empty anoying promises. Throwing millions of jobs around, paying old people 5k each, paying unemployed youth 10-15k, stablizing global oil prices . Yet no single detail of where the money will come from.

No details on how much they will bring in, all they are saying is how they willl spend.

My friend, dis is d real problem I av wit buharist, d man is not sayin how he will solve d problem of naija his followers ar allowing hate n emotional instability blind dia sense of jugdement. If u ar goin to feed 170million nigerians 3square meal, I tinks its a gud manifesto, tell us how u hope to go abt it, instead d man is actin lyk a secondary sch child coverin his sheets during exam.
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by bigtt76(f): 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2015
Now this man too is getting on my nerves ....running his mouth too much angry Na Buhari wey de fall for rally go fit go war front? Haba
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by organic973: 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2015
He will not talk bad about GMB or the APC otherwise they will sideline him even in power.

This is the truth

All Boko Haram wants now is a Northern president who would establish Sharia all over Nigeria and Buhari will give them that. That's why they refused GEJ's call for dialogue.
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Ebubeslym(m): 1:35pm On Jan 27, 2015
dealslip:
If you are not from the north, please leave there before Febuary 14, 2015. If Buhari should mistakenly lose whether by rigging or free and fair election, you will be the first casualty, whether you voted Buhari or not. The corpers that died in 2011 are enough examples. If you are not a Niger Deltan, leave that place before February 14. They have been promising hell if Jonathan doesn't return. Nigerians be wise. Do not waste your life on politicians, because not one of them will lose their lives in the coming election. The soldiers and police Meant to secure your lives are attached to each of them in dozens. Jonathan nor Buhari is a magician. Corruption can only be wiped out by you. If you work in the civil services don't help to manipulate figures or systems or taxes and report to work early. Don't give police and FRSC bribes for circumventing the laws. Don't steal from your office till, do not cheat your fellow man. Do not demand money or contracts from politician in exchange for votes. Reject gifts from them. The cumulation of this vices is what is called corruption. Nigeria wil change if we change because APC is PDP and PDP is APC, there is no change in that.

You'll live long.
you'll prosper and be in good health.
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Forwetinnah: 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sorry Osinbajo. .this is democracy! Thank you for telling your supporters that a vote for you and your A;boki is a vote for a military take over...thank you, thank you. Whether Buhari likes it or not..he will definitely disband what he started with BH, yes! He will lead them into extinction

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by anonimi: 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
This Pastor don start to LIE too much since he became the place holder of a running mate to the old pensioner oh!

Did Buhari not say he does NOT have any plan on how to deal with BH and will consult generals to teach him what to do

I’ll meet other generals to draft anti-terror plan – Buhari

The Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Wednesday said that though Nigeria is a rich nation, its people are extremely poor due to bad governance.

He also promised to involve serving and retired military generals to devise an effective strategy to crush insurgency in the country, if elected as President in 2015.

Buhari, in his Christmas goodwill message signed by the Director of Communications, Buhari Campaign Organisation, Mr. Dele Alake, expressed displeasure at the security challenges in the country and the poor state of Nigerian roads.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/ill-meet-other-generals-to-draft-anti-terror-plan-buhari/

This semi-literate old soldier wey nor sabi manage the economy, also nor come get any plan how to deal with BH, abeg na wetin im sabi do sef for we country people oh

Vote wisely!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by donodion(m): 1:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
"The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) will lead the military to the North-East to fight the Boko Haram insurgents if voted into power on February 14, his running mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN), said on Monday." Ahem....clears throat..Bros Yemo, abeg cool down for Jesus. grin grin Na paleh wey don pass 60 wan carry grenade launcher and AK47 march hundreds of miles to attack boko boys? grin grin We know say na campaign sha.

But come o..Shey na only PDP and APC dey Nigeria? No other party wey get liver, wey fit run shoulder to shoulder with these old boys?
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Forwetinnah: 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
demelza:
In your attempt to discredit GMB, you ended up embarassing your entire lineage with this gibberish.
Abeg use pidgin next time, English is not for everybody.

You should pass this same message on to Buhari you know. Have you watched any of his campaign rally lately?? Advice him to speak in Hausa biko, I will pay for a translator.."engrish" indeed IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by xoctic: 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
Whc magic him wan use wey nigerian military never use? Abi na de behind boki?Boko haram isn't the only problem nigerians have o jare.
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by hansad: 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
Tell Osinbajo: Buhari has since retired from the military. He has no links anymore with the current military set-up.

Buhari cannot fight Boko Haram, Why?
1, Buhari is politically benefiting from Boko Haram violence.

2, Buhari said that any fight against Boko Haram is like a fight against the north.

3, Buhari in 2001 called for extension to all over Nigeria the sharia criminal codes like stoning women to death for adultery, cuting off hands of petty thieves; Boko Haram says it is fighting for a country friendly with such sharia laws.

4, Buhari once called on Muslims to vote for only Muslims in elections.

It is only a dunce that shall believe that Buhari shall fight Boko Haram to extinction.

In fact, a president Buhari for Nigeria now shall enhance the objective of Boko Haram to make Nigeria a total Islamic state. And assured resistance to that must proliferate religious wars all over Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by demelza: 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
Forwetinnah:

You should pass this same message on to Buhari you know. Have you watched any of his campaign rally lately?? Advice him to speak in Hausa biko, I will pay for a translator.."engrish" indeed IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY
You no know where him house dey?
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Forwetinnah: 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
organic973:
He will not talk bad about GMB or the APC otherwise they will sideline him even in power.

This is the truth

All Boko Haram wants now is a Northern president who would establish Sharia all over Nigeria and Buhari will give them that. That's why they refused GEJ's call for dialogue.

And Alas..we have a pastor in their midst helping them blow their trumpet in the name of 'change'.
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by biafran1stson(m): 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
Which Army is he going to lead, the one he and Apc has been discrediting or he will build his own Army.... Empty Promises.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Forwetinnah: 1:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
demelza:
You no know where him house dey?

gringringringringrin...no be you dey give advice? I say try pass am to the appropriate person
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by ghost1718(m): 1:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
lecturerdabo:

Sorry! we got the point there not the english tnx
oyibo come and oyibo must go so with Gmb,.......... Gej until i am ready to lead my country
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by demelza: 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
Forwetinnah:

gringringringringrin...no be you dey give advice? I say try pass am to the appropriate person
grin Oga try maintain yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ARISE NEWS Presenter In Tears / OPC Blasts Ex-Army Chief, Dambazau, Says He Suffers From Acute Dementia / 2023: Don’t Direct Yoruba To Support Any Aspirant - Obasanjo Advises Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.